daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:49 PM   #2341
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21248

Valid until 15/03, will be revoked earlier if atmospheric conditions improve. I wish they passed a law withdrawing provincial authority (let alone local) to do anything in regard of rules concerning traffic on national roads they don't pay for - and on ALL highways.

Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:55 PM   #2342
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

They had this on A58 motorway in the Netherlands near Tilburg. During times of smog, the speed limit was reduced from 120 to 80 km/h and enforced. However, surveys showed the effect was too little to be measure. Emissions were down somewhat, but emissions only add to concentrations, and the effect on the concentration is negligible, especially for PM10 concentrations.

They need to stop this symbolic idiocy as soon as possible.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:55 PM   #2343
Mauz®
Utonto

Likes (Received): 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaf1 View Post
Due to of air pollution on A50, A51 and A52 the speed limit is 70 km/h (instead of 90 km/h)
During peak hours, 70 km/h it's not a limit: it's A TARGET (impossible to achieve)!

During the rest of the day... Nobody ever respected the 90 km/k limit, so now nobody will continue non-respecting the 70 km/h limit. The only difference is that approaching a "speed trap" you have to brake a bit more than before...
Mauz® no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2011, 12:55 AM   #2344
Suburbanist
on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauz® View Post
During the rest of the day... Nobody ever respected the 90 km/k limit, so now nobody will continue non-respecting the 70 km/h limit.
I did

And I got plenty of cars honking me, particularly at mid-afternoon. But I never cared about speeders, though I usually drove on the central lane (right one usually had slower than 90km/h traffic anyway)
Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:01 AM   #2345
Suburbanist
on the road

... double post, sorry
Old March 5th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #2346
Mauz®
Utonto

Likes (Received): 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
I did

And I got plenty of cars honking me, particularly at mid-afternoon. But I never cared about speeders, though I usually drove on the central lane (right one usually had slower than 90km/h traffic anyway)
I didn't!

Sometimes I should try to drive one of the "tangenziali" at 70km/h and tape it with a camera to explain how stupid and useless the 70 km/h limit is!
Mauz® no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #2347
Pfosten

Likes (Received): 0

I found a view very old signs in napoli, with roma A2 and bari A17
Pfosten no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #2348
Suburbanist
on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfosten View Post
I found a view very old signs in napoli, with roma A2 and bari A17
The mythic A2

Now more seriously: I think they should convert A3 into the southern branch of A1.

For those unfamiliar with the context: the northeast highway bypass of Roma didn't exist until 1988, hence the Roma-Napoli highway was numbered A2. Upon completion of the bypass, the connecting sectors of A1 and A2 were named A1-Diramazione and A2 was dropped.

As for the story surrounding A17, I'm not sure. I know A17 used to be the name of Napoli-Bari highway, but later the whole Adriatic highway was numbered A14. Yet, I don't understand why the Napoli-A14 sector didn't keep the original number (Italian wikipedia blame it on superstition, but I don't buy it).

Last edited by Suburbanist; March 5th, 2011 at 07:34 PM.
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2011, 07:54 PM   #2349
Pfosten

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
The mythic A2

Now more seriously: I think they should convert A3 into the southern branch of A1.

For those unfamiliar with the context: the northeast highway bypass of Roma didn't exist until 1988, hence the Roma-Napoli highway was numbered A2. Upon completion of the bypass, the connecting sectors of A1 and A2 were named A1-Diramazione and A2 was dropped.

As for the story surrounding A17, I'm not sure. I know A17 used to be the name of Napoli-Bari highway, but later the whole Adriatic highway was numbered A14. Yet, I don't understand why the Napoli-A14 sector didn't keep the original number (Italian wikipedia blame it on superstition, but I don't buy it).
i know these facts, i found it just funny!! and there are new signs as well, with a2 on it. but i'm of your opinion: i don't know why they don't replace it....also the autostrade per'l italia, because before the interchange with a30, there is an a2 sign on the a1 in direction of napoli, too....
Pfosten no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #2350
-Pino-
Funkin' down the Track

Likes (Received): 127

Quote:
Monterie.com mentions that the number A17 was probably never signposted at all. It must have been a very short period during which the number A17 existed. Unlikely as the story about superstition sounds (there is a SS17, for one), I cannot think of any other reason for the renumbering and for completely removing the number 17 from the list of A-routes.

There would be one good reason for not numbering the A1 all the way into Calabria. That is that traffic heading between Milano / Roma and Calabria will not take the A1/A3 through Napoli, but would instead use the A30 to bypass Napoli. Simply renumbering the current A3 into A1 would give something of a wrong suggestion to motorists that they should simply continue on the A1, so that they would miss that bypass. Unless you'd go for a complete renumbering that also takes the A30 into the equation.
Old March 6th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #2351
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Not all countries have it like that. For example, the Munich bypass is A99, not A8.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #2352
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2114

Bear in mind that A30 and A3 are not directly linked, you have to pass thru RA2 "Salerno-Avellino" which has the name but not the characteristics of an autostrada...
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #2353
-Pino-
Funkin' down the Track

Likes (Received): 127

I know - and for that very reason I don't think it would come handy to go for such a renumbering. Verso's remark about the situation at Munich is true, but I think that that situation is far from ideal and is not there to be copied ...
Old March 6th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #2354
lucaf1

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Bear in mind that A30 and A3 are not directly linked, you have to pass thru RA2 "Salerno-Avellino" which has the name but not the characteristics of an autostrada...
Partially true

[IMG]http://i47.************/332qvyp.jpg[/IMG]
lucaf1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #2355
lucaf1

Likes (Received): 92

Link A28-A23 will be a tolled superstrada (''strada extraurbana principale'')

http://www.regione.fvg.it/rafvg/expo...ti_ALL._43.pdf
lucaf1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 08:55 PM   #2356
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2114

Quote:
Partially true
I drove it some months ago, only the section between A30 and A3... the part near the A30 is not so bad, but the part near A3 is awful, narrow and with a killer turn at the very end.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2011, 12:12 AM   #2357
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Partially true
Not only partially, in my opinion it is really uncomfortable to drive on it. Direct link of A30 and A3 would be really big improvement.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #2358
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 768

Speed limit on the A50-A51-A52 was put back to 90 km/h (from 70). This useless measure applied for three weeks costed 80.000 €.

http://milano.repubblica.it/cronaca/...2/?ref=HREC2-3

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 07:39 PM   #2359
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 768

A strange 2+1 road near Lucca (no more than 3 km long).

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #2360
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

I think the right one was the older road, replaced by the new 2-lane highway.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, autostrada, highways, italia, italy, motorways