daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 9th, 2011, 03:31 PM   #3061
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyricon84 View Post
Unfortunately Italy is not the Netherlands. The avarage salary in the Netherlands is higher than here and about taxes the percentage is more or less the same so in the end of the month there's more money in dutch pockets.
Well, not entirely. You said you paid € 220 in car tax per year. An average Dutch petrol car owner pays € 500 per year, and an average diesel car owner as much as € 1400 per year.

€ 1400 road tax per year is similar to 1000 liters of fuel tax or 15 000 kilometers driven on Italian toll roads.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #3062
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

This is the lowest road in Italy: Le Contane, municipality of Jolanda di Savoia, province of Ferrara, region Emilia Romagna. Altitude: -3,5 meters. The village is home of 68 people and there is also a restaurant.

italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #3063
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Well, not entirely. You said you paid € 220 in car tax per year. An average Dutch petrol car owner pays € 500 per year, and an average diesel car owner as much as € 1400 per year.

€ 1400 road tax per year is similar to 1000 liters of fuel tax or 15 000 kilometers driven on Italian toll roads.
But I meant in general, not taxes about cars only. Should be a why if in the Netherlands there are many italians working and living while dutch in Italy are mainly tourists for holiday ;-). To be honest, I didn't understand well in which way you pay such amount, if with excises when you do refill, or is a tax you pay in bank like in italy. What about insurances? A basic insurance which cover the car just in case of accident (no kasko, no theft), for a normal car it costs around 800/1000€ for year, depends where you live....
Satyricon84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 04:01 PM   #3064
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19425

Insurances in the Netherlands are known as too cheap, a liability-only insurance is usually not much more than € 500 per year. All-risk, however, is often more than € 1000 per year.

Too cheap insurances however, are a risk of the insurer, not the tax payer.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #3065
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Insurances in the Netherlands are known as too cheap, a liability-only insurance is usually not much more than € 500 per year. All-risk, however, is often more than € 1000 per year.

Too cheap insurances however, are a risk of the insurer, not the tax payer.
Otherwayround insurances here are too high. A new driver of 18 years old which wants to have a own insurance, could even pay for a normal sedan up to 7000 € for year
Old December 9th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #3066
Mauz®
Utonto

Likes (Received): 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
There was a scandal 2-3 years ago: some Italian municipalities used counterfeit traffic lights were the yellow lasted only 1-2 seconds and they put cameras to catch people passing with red lights. But even people who crossed the intersection with green light could be fined because when they reached the end of the intersection it was already red! It emarged that part of the money earned with fines were given as bribe from those municipalities to the company that made counterfeit traffic lights.
Quote:
Right! The street code says that approaching a traffic light turning into yellow color, you have to stop only if there are security conditions to stop the vehicle without creating an accident. Too many times there aren't distance security between two cars and slow down suddenly could be dangerous, but the camera spots you passing with red, not that you couldn't avoid it because you were followed by a too close car. And you get an expansive fine (how much is it? should be 150 € and 6 points - 12 if newdriver) for the blame of somebody else which didn't respect the law.... a friend of mine got a fine just cause at the traffic light, the car overtook the stop line of around 30 cm... naturally he went to the polizia municipale to complain, saying "look at the pics, you see that the wheels are stopped!" and the answer was "it doesn't matter"... In some municipalities like Segrate and many other, which isn't properly small, the T-red cameras and autovelox were altered just for to get fines... for that story some people were arrested (http://affaritaliani.libero.it/milan...ed_270410.html)

EDIT: Italystf has been faster to write about that story!
I knew of all this facts. But I was referring to "legal traps": municipalities that put cameras on roads with silly speed limits (or with the speed-limit constantly changing in a couple of metres), or traffic lights with a very short (but legal) timing for the yellow light.

A thing I really hate are the traffic lights with a radar installed which makes the light turn red if you're going faster than the speed limit. It's a nonsense: if I'm going fast, I must be fined for speeding, not for passing a red traffic light.
Mauz® no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 07:11 PM   #3067
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauz® View Post
A thing I really hate are the traffic lights with a radar installed which makes the light turn red if you're going faster than the speed limit. It's a nonsense: if I'm going fast, I must be fined for speeding, not for passing a red traffic light.
Before to enter in Bernareggio some years ago ware installed this type of traffic light along the SP 3 coming from Vimercate and along the SP 177 coming from Carnate. After few days, I don't know why (but I heard there was something illegal in these traffic lights...) they have been turned off. Now they are blinking on the yellow light since some years. Just a waste of public money.........
Old December 9th, 2011, 07:20 PM   #3068
Mauz®
Utonto

Likes (Received): 501

I still see plenty of them around. All of them still working!
Mauz® no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 11:35 PM   #3069
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
This is the lowest road in Italy: Le Contane, municipality of Jolanda di Savoia, province of Ferrara, region Emilia Romagna. Altitude: -3,5 meters.
I didn't know that. They have elevation extremes listed in the CIA World Factbook (usually correct), but it says 0 metres for Italy, so apparently they are wrong.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2011, 12:27 AM   #3070
brick84

Autostrada A18 Siracusa-Gela

upgrading:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brick84 View Post

inizio doppio senso di marcia (Cassbile):

tratto nei pressi di Cassibile:

"Quello che facciamo per noi stessi,muore con noi quello che facciamo per gli altri e per il mondo rimane, ed e’ immortale" - Albert Pine.

Ponte sullo Stretto di Messina - Prima parte
Ponte sullo Stretto di Messina - Seconda parte
brick84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #3071
WalkTheWorld
Ministry of Truth

Likes (Received): 3519

Quote:
Otherwayround insurances here are too high. A new driver of 18 years old which wants to have a own insurance, could even pay for a normal sedan up to 7000 € for year
Eh?
Old December 11th, 2011, 05:41 PM   #3072
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Eh what
Old December 12th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #3073
WalkTheWorld
Ministry of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyricon84
Eh what
Seems a bit over the top even knowing that freshly ensured young drivers are sometimes ripped off...
Old December 12th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #3074
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Depends from the city... in Neaples and surrounding cities a fresh driver which ensure for hisself the car (without to take the class of one of the parents) can reach easily that amount. I live near Monza, I'm 27 y.o. and I'm in the top class (got from my mother), I have never done accidents and I pay 1.100€ yearly for a normal RC auto insurance...
Old December 13th, 2011, 06:02 PM   #3075
Fargo Wolf
Resident Smartass.

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkTheWorld View Post
Seems a bit over the top even knowing that freshly ensured young drivers are sometimes ripped off...
It's higher, because new drivers have no previous history, when they get insurance for the first time. Once they have that and maintain a CLEAN driving record, they will become eligible for discounts.
Old December 13th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #3076
WalkTheWorld
Ministry of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo Wolf
It's higher, because new drivers have no previous history, when they get insurance for the first time. Once they have that and maintain a CLEAN driving record, they will become eligible for discounts.
Jesus, what a scam. We benefit of a large company discount but pay 300 RC (liability) on a B class old wreck and 1100 full kasko on a 4 years old crossover. It was 2500 on year one... And it paid back!
Old December 19th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #3077
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2122

Today 21 km of new three-lane enlargement were opened on A14, between Fano and Senigallia. The northbound carriageway was already opened with three lanes in August, now also the southbound carriageway has been enlarged, 17 months ahead of schedule.
Tomorrow 10 km of new three-lane enlargmente will open (both directions) bewteen Pesaro and Cattolica, 11 months ahead of schedule.
In January works for the enlargment will start between Ancona Nord and Ancona Sud, a very difficult section due to hilly environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
I didn't know that. They have elevation extremes listed in the CIA World Factbook (usually correct), but it says 0 metres for Italy, so apparently they are wrong.
They were also wrong in the opposite statement:
Quote:
Elevation extremes:
highest point: Mont Blanc (Monte Bianco) de Courmayeur 4,748 m (a secondary peak of Mont Blanc)
Italian highest point is Monte Bianco itself, 4810m, not a secondary peak, the border being just on the summit. Only the French people believe that Bianco's summit is entirely theirs.

Last edited by g.spinoza; December 19th, 2011 at 03:10 PM.
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #3078
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2122

Due to strong winds a gantry sign collapsed into North carriageway of A1 in Southern Italy, near Santa Maria Capua Vetere. Fortunately no one was passing by so no one has been hurt. Two of the three lanes are now closed.

http://napoli.repubblica.it/cronaca/...9/?ref=HREC1-6
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #3079
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Stick your hands up if you are in the favour of a 7.5t overtaking ban between Turin and Piacenza.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 10:55 AM   #3080
Mesancek
mafia

Likes (Received): 3

Amici e dove e questa autostrada?

image hosted on flickr

Tags
autobahn, autostrada, highways, italia, italy, motorways