daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 7th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #5681
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2122

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Raccordo Villesse - Gorizia is A34? I tought it's RA17 or
It is but it's going to assume the A34 id once conversion to full autostrada is complete.
Some signs already show A34.
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #5682
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Raccordo Villesse - Gorizia is A34? I tought it's RA17 or

And is it 1+1 the entire way? I'm asking because I see on Google Street View that it's also 2+2 on some sections.

I don't want to take any exit from it... just drive from Gorizia to the A4.
1+1 currently because of roadworks. A34 is the new name (it be a motorway).
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

bogdymol liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #5683
zerro

Likes (Received): 16

I drove on A34/RA17 last week. In direction from A4 to Gorizia the whole autostrada is complete, but still you can drive only on one lane. In direction from Gorizia to A4 there are only 2 streches where autostrada is not complete (bridge over Soča river and underpass at Savogna where railway overflows autostrada- in both cases there is only final pavement missing.
But I saw something interesting, they are reparing the final strech of autostrada, between roundabout of Gorizia and national border.

When they will open both lanes it will be a really pleasure to drive there, very nice autostrada...
So if you drive there, you can go in both directions without any problems

bogdymol liked this post
zerro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #5684
bogdymol
bogdymod

Thank you all for your answers. I will drive there in 2 days
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #5685
bogdymol
bogdymod

One more thing: I will be visiting Verona. May I leave my car in this car park while walking around the city? I don't really understand what they want to say with that sign. Is it with time-limit?
Old August 8th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #5686
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
One more thing: I will be visiting Verona. May I leave my car in this car park while walking around the city? I don't really understand what they want to say with that sign. Is it with time-limit?
Parking prohibited all day long, vehicles will be towed. With the exception of cars, inside signed spaces.
So basically, 90% of the cars there are parked illegally...

When I go to Verona, I always park here:
https://www.google.com/maps?ll=45.43...08131&t=m&z=19

Not many spaces available, but I usually find some...
Old August 8th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #5687
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Parking prohibited all day long, vehicles will be towed. With the exception of cars, inside signed spaces.
So basically, 90% of the cars there are parked illegally...
So if I find a free spot which is marked with white lines I can leave my car there for a few hours while I visit Verona?
Old August 8th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #5688
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
So if I find a free spot which is marked with white lines I can leave my car there for a few hours while I visit Verona?
Yes. It may be signed with Disco Orario, so you can leave the car there only for limited time and you have to use this:
Old August 8th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #5689
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

If you planning to visit Venice... About 30 euros to park your car for a whole day at the Piazale del Roma, 5 minute walk from the ancient city centre and train station...
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #5690
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
If you planning to visit Venice... About 30 euros to park your car for a whole day at the Piazale del Roma, 5 minute walk from the ancient city centre and train station...
You spend a lot less parking at Tronchetto (9€ for 12 hours), a little farther from the city. From there you can walk or take the people mover:
Old August 8th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #5691
zerro

woooww that's first time I see something like that in Venice Where can I take this "people mover"? Tronchetto parking must be somewhere close to ship terminal, am I right? I remember I saw some giant garage from ship terminal, when I travelled to Patras/Greece...
Old August 8th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #5692
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21254

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerro View Post
woooww that's first time I see something like that in Venice Where can I take this "people mover"? Tronchetto parking must be somewhere close to ship terminal, am I right? I remember I saw some giant garage from ship terminal, when I travelled to Patras/Greece...
You just follow the signs at the end of the causeway. They have a massive parking garage there.

zerro liked this post
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #5693
narkelion
Brentered

Likes (Received): 16520

The people mover is here: https://www.google.it/maps?q=45.4420...num=1&t=h&z=18

And the park is just a few meters around there.

zerro liked this post
narkelion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #5694
italystf

Quote:
Piazzale Roma is a good half hour walking from the very historical part of the city (Rialto bridge and San Marco square).
In every calle and campiello you'll find signs pointing to Rialto, San Marco, Ferrovia and Piazzale Roma.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old August 8th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #5695
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Yes, but it's a 5 minute walk from central station and where all the boat- busses go. And it looks pretty old and historical immediately after that...
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #5696
bogdymol
bogdymod

I visited Venice twice before, so I will pass this time.
Old August 8th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #5697
italystf

Quote:
Yes, but it's a 5 minute walk from central station and where all the boat- busses go. And it looks pretty old and historical immediately after that...
Yes, the whole Venice is historical, but 90% of tourists think they visited it well after just seeing San Marco and Rialto. You need at least three days to see this unique city.
And I don't recommend to take a boat unless to see islands or far away places like Sant'Elena. You'll miss the unique architecture and streetlife of the city.
Old August 8th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #5698
zerro

Quote:
Originally Posted by narkelion View Post
The people mover is here: https://www.google.it/maps?q=45.4420...num=1&t=h&z=18

And the park is just a few meters around there.
All right, now I see this people mover line all the way to main bus station of Venice I'll park my car at tronchetto, and than ride away with this interesting thing

narkelion liked this post
Old August 8th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #5699
Autobahn-mann

Likes (Received): 187

For evening "movida" go to Campo S. Margherita all the university stundents go there... every evening there's someting, the best day in Wednesday..
I've studied at Venice for 3 years
Autobahn-mann no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #5700
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

I visited Venice three years ago. My brother made the same trip back in June, and he saw a man falling onto the Canal Grande (Great channel?).

And back on topic, don't forget the famous pine trees in the middle of E70 between Venice and Padua, bogdymol.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, autostrada, highways, italia, italy, motorways