daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 23rd, 2015, 10:58 PM   #8701
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The third lane on A14 Senigalla - Ancona-Nord also opened to traffic today: http://online.stradeeautostrade.it/n...za-corsia-8640
this is one of the best news about Italian motorway network in last time!

what is happening between AN Nord and AN Sud, when is it expected to be opened?

and are there any rumours to continue it further to the south of Porto Sant'Elpidio, or it stops there for longer period?

Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2015, 12:46 AM   #8702
lucaf1

Likes (Received): 92

Traffic signals for A1 and A1var

Old December 24th, 2015, 08:26 AM   #8703
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17496

The A1 var direction is for new carriageway.
Old December 24th, 2015, 10:28 AM   #8704
lucaf1

Likes (Received): 92

Exit/entry BADIA on new A1var:

http://bologna.repubblica.it/cronaca...ref=HREC1-3#20

Autobahn-mann, brick84 liked this post
lucaf1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2015, 10:53 AM   #8705
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
this is one of the best news about Italian motorway network in last time!

what is happening between AN Nord and AN Sud, when is it expected to be opened?
Works were started later there than the rest of the A14...
I'm not sure about its completion date. I'm going to drive there in few days, so I will be able to see how works are going... When I passed there last summer, there were still many things to do (including a complete renovation of a tunnel).

Quote:
and are there any rumours to continue it further to the south of Porto Sant'Elpidio, or it stops there for longer period?
I don't think there are going to be works in the foreseeable future...
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2015, 10:11 PM   #8706
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 768

Quote:
I think the widening south of Barberino is not yet completed?
Works did not not start yet*. And this section includes a single tube, 3 lane, 7.7 km long tunnel for southbound traffic. The existing 2+2 motorway (mostly in open air) will be used for northbound traffic.

*or maybe they started recently on a few sections, I didn't understand

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia

Last edited by Coccodrillo; December 24th, 2015 at 10:19 PM.
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2015, 01:07 AM   #8707
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21251

I'm curious how will they manage traffic during the worst days of summer ("black Saturdays" in August for instance. The central sector will have 4 lanes per direction whereas the approach from Bologna has 3. The new alignment is nice with its tunnels, but something managers usually want to avoid are lengthy stationary traffic spots inside long tunnels.
Old December 25th, 2015, 08:45 AM   #8708
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
The third lane on A14 Senigalla - Ancona-Nord also opened to traffic today: http://online.stradeeautostrade.it/n...za-corsia-8640
I drove there yesterday and this news is simply not true. There is still a lot of work to do there...
Old December 25th, 2015, 08:46 AM   #8709
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
I'm curious how will they manage traffic during the worst days of summer ("black Saturdays" in August for instance. The central sector will have 4 lanes per direction whereas the approach from Bologna has 3. The new alignment is nice with its tunnels, but something managers usually want to avoid are lengthy stationary traffic spots inside long tunnels.
Totaling old and new alignments, there were 70 km of stop-and-go queues on the opening day.
Old December 25th, 2015, 10:27 AM   #8710
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
I drove there yesterday and this news is simply not true. There is still a lot of work to do there...
"inaugurati" = "inaugurate".

It's quite common for widening projects in Germany that there is an official inauguration party with politicians. Media usually just reports that the upgrade is completed but the real opening of the additional lanes is usually later on. I think it's because the politicians want to party on the road and cut the ribbon. For this reason, one carriageway must still be closed. After the party, the traffic is usually relocated to the correct carriageway but the carriageway which was used for both directions during the last construction phase still has temporary crash barriers which have to be removed. Often, there are "remaining works at the median" too.

Latest example, German A3 b/n Kauppenbrücke and Rohrbrunn where the official inauguration party was on 17th November 2015. I drove there on 14 December but only 2 eastbound lanes were in service - and no ongoing construction works!

Sorry for that comparision but I think it's similar in Italy - or even worse (dunno what "a lot of work to do" means).

I guess the pic in the news article is not showing the section u/c because it shows 2 carriageways with each 3 lanes opened (one carriageway congested, the other one totally empty - one car only ).

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2015, 12:16 PM   #8711
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

It usually isn't that way in Italy. When a work is "inaugurated", it means that it's usable, although there may be some minor hiccups and works to do.

In this case, there are 15 km of asphalt to pour, new ramps to Ancona Nord junction to be opened, and the third lane is closed.
Old December 25th, 2015, 02:09 PM   #8712
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

There have been some istances when a motorway had been opened before works had been actually completed.
For example, a part of A52 north of Milan opened last April, with narrow lanes and 60km/h limit, because it was useful to have that connection opened for the Expo, that started on 1st May.
The section of A12 between Civitavecchia and Tarquinia opened on 31th July this year with a temporary configuration, because according to the contract, that section had to be opened by 31th July. So they did, although works weren't finished.
Back in time, in summer 2010, the U/C A28 between Sacile and Conegliano (that opened the following fall), had been occasionally opened as single carriaggeway to deviate traffic when A4 was congested or closed due to accidents.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2015, 02:43 PM   #8713
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

All these examples regard new motorways, not enlargments.
Old December 26th, 2015, 03:56 PM   #8714
stabia
user

Likes (Received): 896

No one made ​​a good video of A1var on Youtube? I only found these short videos...

stabia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 04:05 PM   #8715
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19412

The first videos of new infrastructure are often not the best. They are often handheld or a dashcam at 1x speed, which in my opinion are super-boring, unless it features an accident or something.

For a good video you need good weather and somebody who's actually willing to take the extra steps necessary to get a good quality video, such as eliminating reflection, a clean windshield, not filming into the sun and have good lighting conditions (which is difficult this time of the year). I'm sure someone like Astey Highways will make a good video at one point.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

stabia liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 04:11 PM   #8716
stabia
user

Likes (Received): 896

I agree, the best videos are the ones to 4x, in fact I have a youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/naroads) and I always upload videos in 4x speed.

I know Astey Highways, he will make a great video ..

brick84 liked this post
stabia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 04:26 PM   #8717
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21251

@stabia, speaking of your Youtube channel, I think your videos are great. There wasn't anyone living in your region and making good videos over there.

Do you have any local information on works to complete/finish SS87NC? Both the sector with one carriageway in Fratamaggiore and the tunnels to he ring road?

-------------

For those unfamiliar, SS87NC is an expressway plagued by the worst of issues of Italian road construction: corruption, bankrupt contractors, construction accidents, semi-abandoned worksites

The road should start here (look at the interchange and the tunnel descents already excavated (partially hidden by vegetation) where a long tunnel would take it to this other interchange (visible tunnel ramps again, depending on source the whole tunnel is anywhere between 70 and 95% complete). Further north, from this interchange, the northbound lanes are missing, with abandoned viaduct pylons to almost complete roadbed missing only the lane markings.

Last edited by Suburbanist; December 26th, 2015 at 04:35 PM.
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 04:37 PM   #8718
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

Chris, are your videos usually 2x or 4x?
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 04:57 PM   #8719
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19412

I vary the speed of my videos. It depends on the setting, how much there is to see. On an urban road, 4x is often too fast. However on a long motorway with features farther apart, 4x could be the right speed. Usually my videos are in the 2.5x - 3.5x range.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 05:21 PM   #8720
mistikos

Likes (Received): 3067

When I realise my videos, I usually adapt the duration of the video to the duration of the music...

In highways I use 4x or 3x...
"Nessuno nasce odiando i propri simili a causa della razza, della religione e della classe alla quale appartengono. Gli uomini imparano ad odiare e, se possono imparare ad odiare, possono anche imparare ad amare perché l'amore, per il cuore umano, è più naturale dell'odio."
-Nelson Mandela

Il mio blog
Il mio canale youtube
mistikos está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, autostrada, highways, italia, italy, motorways