daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 26th, 2015, 06:29 PM   #8721
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

not it is about to wait to see how it will be functional in reality when the first crowds appear (i guess they intend to use the system of redirecting certain parts of traffic to old, or to new route, depending of traffic volulmes, right?)

Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2015, 03:08 PM   #8722
stabia
user

Likes (Received): 893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
@stabia, speaking of your Youtube channel, I think your videos are great. There wasn't anyone living in your region and making good videos over there.

Do you have any local information on works to complete/finish SS87NC? Both the sector with one carriageway in Fratamaggiore and the tunnels to he ring road?
Thanks for the compliments, in fact in my region there is no one else who makes videos of my gender.

However for SS87 I could not tell you anything because I live in the province of Naples and I was never interested in the roads of the province of Benevento.

I only know that they are working very hard on this road and with a quick glance at the site ANAS.it (manager of the road) I saw these works:

From km 78.573 to km 105.850
SS.87 - WORKS OF MAINTENANCE FOR STRENGTHENING AND STRUCTURAL RESTORATION OF WORKS OF ART MORE STRONGLY DETERIORATED SHOWN INSIDE THE PROJECT WITH CONSTRUCTION JOINT ON DECKS.

From km 81.500 to km 81.500
S.S. 87 AT KM 81 + 500RNLAVORI OF MAINTENANCE PE CROSSING THE RECONSTRUCTION OF A CONCRETE. STRONGLY deteriorated PRESENTING THROUGH INJURY OF SIGNIFICANT ENTITY

From km 102.720 to km 102.720
S.S. AT 87 KM 102 + 720RNLAVORI OF MAINTENANCE FOR STRENGTHENING AND STRUCTURAL RESTORATION OF VIADUCT `` WITHOUT NAME`` STRONGLY DETERIORATED

From km 105.350 to km 105.350
S.S. AT 87 KM 105 + 350RNLAVORI OF MAINTENANCE FOR STRENGTHENING AND STRUCTURAL RESTORATION OF VIADUCT `` WITHOUT NAME`` STRONGLY DETERIORATED

Suburbanist liked this post
stabia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 03:22 PM   #8723
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Expected upcoming expressway openings

SS534: Spezzano Albanese-Terme – Sibari Marina 14km (November 2013 to 24th December 2015) [2nd c/w] – projectmap

The workers have been on strike since 18th December complaining of non-payment of monthly salaries for October and November

I couldn't find any info about the progress of the works but it seems not to be opened on schedule. Maybe 2016...

SS199: west of Olbia-South (SS131DCN) – Olbia-Airport 2.5km (June 2012 to December 2015) – projectmap

I couldn't find any updated info. Still expected to be opened... next week?

SS640: Agrigento – Canicatti 8km (March 2009 to 2015) – projectmap
SS640: Cannemaschi – Caltanissetta (A19) 34km (April 2012 to July 2016) – projectmap

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
SS640 Agrigento-Canicattì is mostly open, except for 2 km near Agrigento and for a short stretch near Racalmuto.
Quote:
Quote:
What's your source? Italian forum or news article? Is it possible to find out when the opened sections were opened and when the remaining sections should be opened?
The Agrigento section should be this one. I think the Racalmut section has also a length of 2km.
Source: http://mobilita.org/2015/04/29/agrig...caltanissetta/

I'm not sure about the dates, maybe I'll dig a little into the Italian thread.
Could you dig into the Italian thread? Which sections are in service et cetera...

The following new expressway sections are expected to open in early 2016 (it's possible that it's already out-dated ):

SS318: Valfabbrica – Pianello 8.5km (2009 to January 2016) – projectmap
SS597: Codrongianos (SS131) – Ploaghe 2.4km (September 2013 to January 2016) – projectmap
SP1 BT: Andria-North-East – Trani-North (SS16bis) 7.5km (January 2014 to January 2016) – ? – map
Pedemontana Veneta: Thiene (A31) – Breganze 5.7km (November 2011 to Early 2016) – projectmap
SS96 Barese: north of Altamura – Mellitto 10km (December 2013 to March 2016) – ? – map
SS597: Monti/Telti – Enas 7.2km (December 2013 to March 2016) – projectmap

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 05:34 PM   #8724
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2112

The only ones I know out-of-the-box, that is, without having to search, are SS318 (April 2016), and Pedemontana Veneta which will not open in 2016.

I read recently that SS640 is having legal troubles, I don't know more.
I promise that I will put more attention to the projects next year
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 05:37 PM   #8725
narkelion
Brentered

Likes (Received): 16488

What about some stretches of the Quadrilatero? I read that the Umbrian part of SS76 should open soon!
Urban Area: 100611
Metropolitan Area: 175818

2nd in Marche / 44th in Italy / n-th in European Union per popolazione
1st in Marche / 18th in Italy per qualità della vita

Luki_SL liked this post
narkelion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 05:42 PM   #8726
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21242

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabia View Post
Thanks for the compliments, in fact in my region there is no one else who makes videos of my gender.

However for SS87 I could not tell you anything because I live in the province of Naples and I was never interested in the roads of the province of Benevento.
I was referring to SS87NC south of the Asse Meriano all the way to Miano, which I think is entirely within Napoli province
Old December 27th, 2015, 06:25 PM   #8727
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
and Pedemontana Veneta which will not open in 2016.
Are you sure? Delayed again? That's what you've reported in September 2015:

Quote:
Pedemontana Veneta is postponed to the beginning of 2016.
Quote:
I read recently that SS640 is having legal troubles, I don't know more.
I promise that I will put more attention to the projects next year
Thanks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by narkelion View Post
What about some stretches of the Quadrilatero? I read that the Umbrian part of SS76 should open soon!
Which section? That's my latest info (November 2015):

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Updates about Quadrilatero project in Central Italy

SS77: Foligno (SS3) – Colfiorito 19km (November 2009 to spring\summer 2016)
SS77: Bavareto – Pontelatrave 8km (November 2009 to spring\summer 2016)
SS318: Valfabbrica – Pianello 8.5km (2009 to spring 2016)
SS318: Casacastalda – Valfabbrica 6.8km (< 2007 to summer\fall 2016)
SS76: Fossato di Vico – Cancelli di Fabriano 7km (Early 2009 to >=2018)
SS76: Albacina – Serra San Quirico 11km (Early 2009 to 2018)
Quote:
Updated opening dates:
Casacastalda-Valfabbrica - end spring 2016
Pianello-Casacastalda - January 2016

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 06:34 PM   #8728
mistikos

Likes (Received): 3062

Highway A3 SA-RC, photos taken by me one hour ago

"Nessuno nasce odiando i propri simili a causa della razza, della religione e della classe alla quale appartengono. Gli uomini imparano ad odiare e, se possono imparare ad odiare, possono anche imparare ad amare perché l'amore, per il cuore umano, è più naturale dell'odio."
-Nelson Mandela

Il mio blog
Il mio canale youtube

Luki_SL liked this post
mistikos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 06:51 PM   #8729
narkelion
Brentered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post

Which section? That's my latest info (November 2015):
I read here: http://www.perugiatoday.it/economia/...as-marini.html (in italian) that the Umbrian part of SS318 will open in first semester 2016, with a first part of it opened by January (but I ignore which one).

I'm talking about the Pianello - Valfabbrica - Casacastalda stretch.

Old December 27th, 2015, 07:14 PM   #8730
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

About SPV, I have recently read they hope to open this year only a short stretch near Bassano. I'll dig more, but there aren't many info available on this road
Old December 27th, 2015, 08:13 PM   #8731
stabia
user

Likes (Received): 893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
I was referring to SS87NC south of the Asse Meriano all the way to Miano, which I think is entirely within Napoli province
The section where the SS 87 "Sannitica" takes on the name of SS87NC (in province of Naples) is not managed by ANAS but from the "Metropolitan City of Naples" (which does not perform a good road maintenance like ANAS), I might look on their website some information.
stabia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 10:51 PM   #8732
astey

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The first videos of new infrastructure are often not the best. They are often handheld or a dashcam at 1x speed, which in my opinion are super-boring, unless it features an accident or something.

For a good video you need good weather and somebody who's actually willing to take the extra steps necessary to get a good quality video, such as eliminating reflection, a clean windshield, not filming into the sun and have good lighting conditions (which is difficult this time of the year). I'm sure someone like Astey Highways will make a good video at one point.
In fact, yes... I plan to catch the new A1var next spring in both directions (probably end of march-april), in order to have better lighting conditions (I'm sure what you understand what I'm talking about :-) ). And maybe, the lasts works will be finished.

stabia, Rebasepoiss liked this post
astey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2015, 03:17 PM   #8733
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19397

Filming southbound this time of the year is the worst. Due to long shadows you can only do it around midday, but then you're driving full into the sun. An alternative is filming in cloudy conditions, but videos like that are often less colorful.

Generally speaking, filming northbound in sunny conditions always gives the best lighting and coloring.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2015, 06:04 PM   #8734
-Pino-
Funkin' down the Track

Likes (Received): 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
not it is about to wait to see how it will be functional in reality when the first crowds appear (i guess they intend to use the system of redirecting certain parts of traffic to old, or to new route, depending of traffic volulmes, right?)
Interested to see how that will work out indeed. The pictures of the grand opening that I saw as well as post #8702 above included pictures of the signage at the junction between old and new as you drive Southbound. That was static signage, with just dynamic arrows above each lane to indicate lane closures (and thus a potential closure of either option). But of course those pictures did not reveal whether there was any dynamic signage placed beforehand.

Anyway, the old route is signposted as A1 Firenze / Rioveggio. The new route is signposted as A1 variante / E35 / Firenze / Badia. The old route leaves as a left exit. I wonder whether the combination of these (staying left and following A1) isn't going to lead to a lot of people considering the old road as the default position, whereas in reality I believe that the new road should be the default position thanks to its much better alignment.

Last edited by -Pino-; December 29th, 2015 at 10:28 AM.
-Pino- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2015, 07:12 PM   #8735
x-type
con los terroristas

I am now actually thinking if I have ever seen dynamic direction signs in Italy at all...
Old December 28th, 2015, 07:15 PM   #8736
narkelion
Brentered

Not that I remember of, actually.

Old December 28th, 2015, 07:28 PM   #8737
-Pino-
Funkin' down the Track

Likes (Received): 127

At least I'm not assuming any big green signs on which the content can be changed. But the A1 is of course full of overhead DRIPs that give travel times. If there was a DRIP placed just before the junction between old and variante and that DRIP says that the variante is five minutes quicker, motorists would be much more likely to follow normal green signs that say 'variante' than without such a DRIP.

By the way, the motorways in Napoli used to have dynamic signs a long, long time ago. See http://cdn.freeforumzone.leonardo.it...x?idd=10123737. But I do not recall any dynamic green signs that are current.

narkelion liked this post
-Pino- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2015, 07:42 PM   #8738
x-type
con los terroristas

they will definitely use existing panels to indicate optimal route. they are not placed along A1, but all over the italian motorway network, and they don't indicate only travelling times, but also other information like closed exits, works etc.
Old December 28th, 2015, 07:50 PM   #8739
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

When I was traveling along A21 and A1, on my way from Turin to Bologna on December 23rd (the day Variante opened and long queues formed) I found many dynamic panel suggesting alternative routes for vehicles heading south (A15/A12/A11)
Old December 28th, 2015, 07:58 PM   #8740
narkelion
Brentered

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pino- View Post
At least I'm not assuming any big green signs on which the content can be changed. But the A1 is of course full of overhead DRIPs that give travel times. If there was a DRIP placed just before the junction between old and variante and that DRIP says that the variante is five minutes quicker, motorists would be much more likely to follow normal green signs that say 'variante' than without such a DRIP.
Don't know for sure, but there should be some of those on the way from Bologna to Firenze and from FI to BO.

Tags
autobahn, autostrada, highways, italia, italy, motorways