daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 30th, 2015, 06:57 PM   #8761
Autobahn-mann

Likes (Received): 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Thanks .
Two questions:
- Have construction works on the Mussolente/Loria – Montebelluna section really been started in October 2014?
- Is the Montebelluna – Spresiano (A27) section already u/c or when are constructions works announced to be started?

btw: I think the indicated section lengths refer to construction lots. The A31 feeder is east of the autostrada and the section lengths Malo - Thine should be about 7km (to be opened for traffic in 2018) and Thine - Breganze West about 4km (to be opened for traffic in Mid 2016).
- I don't know when were started the works on that section, I supposed the same because it's signed on OSM... But it's very difficult to find information, also because the site with project isn't very specific about that;
- The annonuce of the begin of the works was give a lot of time in the local media, but in that part I don't know if the works are really start.
I can confirm and I've seen the work in the Vicenza Province, but about Treviso province there aren't information. There the NIMBYs are more active than here.

About the stretches between Malo and Breganze: the section from Autostrada A31 and the "New Gasparona" road (Provincial Road 111, single carriageway highway standard) have advanced works (it's also paved!)

Been in: A, BiH, CH, CZ, D, E, ET, F, GR, H, HR, I, RSM, SLO, UK, V, VEC
Drove in : I, HR, SLO, VEC

MichiH liked this post
Autobahn-mann no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2016, 02:45 AM   #8762
acela

Likes (Received): 24

Variante di Valico
Credits to NA Roads

Luki_SL, stabia, brick84 liked this post
acela no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 12:33 PM   #8763
Fab87
Dietrich von Welschbern

Likes (Received): 7153

Nice video. One clarification: direction is southbound, not northbound, hence you would see "Firenze" on those panels, instead of "Bologna" as shown in the video at 0:07.
Old January 4th, 2016, 12:21 PM   #8764
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21242

Several toll road concessionaires had fares raised

Quote:
– Asti-Cuneo S.p.A. 0,00%
- ATIVA S.p.A. 0,03%
- Autostrade per l’Italia S.p.A. 1,09%

– Autostrada del Brennero S.p.A. 0,00%
– Autovie Venete S.p.A. 0,00%
– Brescia-Padova S.p.A. 0,00%
– Consorzio Autostrade Siciliane 0,00%
– CAV S.p.A. 0,00%; Centro Padane S.p.A. 0,00%
– Autocamionale della Cisa S.p.A. 0,00%
– Autostrada dei Fiori S.p.A. 0,00%
– Milano Serravalle Milano Tangenziali S.p.A. 0,00%
– Tangenziale di Napoli S.p.A. 0,00%
– RAV S.p.A. 0,00%
– SALT S.p.A. 0,00%
– SAT S.p.A. 0,00%
– Autostrade Meridionali (SAM) S.p.A. 0,00%
- SATAP Tronco A4 S.p.A. 6,50%
– SATAP Tronco A21 S.p.A. 0,00%
– SAV S.p.A. 0,00%
– SITAF S.p.A. 0,00%
– Torino – Savona S.p.A. 0,00%
- Strada dei Parchi S.p.A. 3,45%
– Bre.be.mi. 0,00%
- TEEM 2,10%
- Pedemontana Lombarda 1,00%
Several concessions are tangled with the government in a quagmire about the new iterations of their economic-financial plans and were not allowed to raise fares until the matter is settled. Their trade group is furious

(in Italian)
Quote:
Ancora una volta al riconosciuto impegno del Settore autostradale italiano non è corrisposto analogo impegno da parte del Governo che ha concesso gli adeguamenti previsti contrattualmente solo a 6 società su 27.
Infatti la maggior parte dei piani finanziari delle concessionarie autostradali, scaduti tra il 2012 e il 2013, non risultano ad oggi ancora approvati da parte dei ministeri competenti nonostante siano stati presentati tempestivamente da parte dei concessionari e nonostante esistano precise indicazioni emanate dal CIPE sulla tempistica relativa.

Questo comporta, oltre ad una violazione della normativa e del contratto, gravi danni per i concessionari i quali - in mancanza di un piano approvato - non sono messi in grado di effettuare gli ulteriori investimenti previsti, minando la credibilità delle aziende e del Paese con pesanti ripercussioni sulla bancabilità dei progetti.

Ed ancora, lo scorso anno il Governo ha promosso degli accordi con la maggioranza dei concessionari autostradali finalizzati a calmierare in via provvisoria la tariffa. Le concessionarie autostradali e l' AISCAT hanno responsabilmente aderito vista la difficile congiuntura economica. Tali accordi prevedevano che, al fine di salvaguardare il principio della certezza del contratto, il Governo riconoscesse una forma di recupero del mancato incremento tariffario entro il 30 giugno 2015, termine spirato in assenza di alcuna concreta azione da parte del Ministero per dar seguito agli impegni presi.

Solo in data odierna il Ministero concedente fa sapere che il recupero avverrà all'approvazione dei suddetti Piani Economico-Finanziari con evidente aggravio di costi per l'utenza.
source: AISCAT

Last edited by Suburbanist; January 4th, 2016 at 12:27 PM.
Suburbanist está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 10:28 PM   #8765
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19397

Italy broke through the 10,000 kilometer mark of motorways & expressways in 2015. 87 kilometers of new autostrade opened to traffic (124 km if you include Variante di Valico as a separate autostrada), which brings the autostrade length to 7163 km at 1/1/16. I'm not entirely sure how many superstrade there opened in 2015. The 1/1/15 length was 2838 km.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

stabia, Autobahn-mann, solchante liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2016, 12:21 AM   #8766
Eddard Stark
Keep your head

Likes (Received): 3834

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Italy broke through the 10,000 kilometer mark of motorways & expressways in 2015. 87 kilometers of new autostrade opened to traffic (124 km if you include Variante di Valico as a separate autostrada), which brings the autostrade length to 7163 km at 1/1/16. I'm not entirely sure how many superstrade there opened in 2015. The 1/1/15 length was 2838 km.
Well... VAV is a new autostrada, even different exits. Not much different from some parallel german or spanish motorways
Eddard Stark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2016, 01:15 AM   #8767
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
I counted 29km of new expressways in 2015 in MichiH's thread. Would you mind to post your list of Italian expressways? Maybe us Italian forumer can see if it's exhaustive.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2016, 01:28 AM   #8768
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddard Stark View Post
Well... VAV is a new autostrada, even different exits. Not much different from some parallel german or spanish motorways
I think the section La Quercia - Aglio (but not Aglio-Barberino, that is an upgrade of A1) should be counted as a new motorway.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old January 6th, 2016, 02:48 AM   #8769
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21242

In this 10.000km, does sectors likeSS407, SS106dir, the Sopraelevata di Genova and roads similar to those ones count?
Old January 6th, 2016, 10:29 AM   #8770
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19397

I would personally say the Variante di Valico is one autostrada together with the old route. It functions more like a local-express system than a truly separate route. Local-express systems also have different exits, but this one is the first in mountainous terrain.

I wonder how it's going to operate during peak traffic periods. You have to turn off to follow the new alignment, but updated GPSs will likely indicate to follow the new alignment due to the shorter travel time. You'd say people won't take the old alignment until the new alignment runs into congestion.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2016, 11:41 AM   #8771
hammersklavier
Feral

Likes (Received): 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by acela View Post

Variante di Valico
Credits to NA Roads
What is that earworm?
hammersklavier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 10:27 AM   #8772
Insulateshipper

Likes (Received): 493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
In this 10.000km, does sectors likeSS407, SS106dir, the Sopraelevata di Genova and roads similar to those ones count?
Well the SS407 is 2+2 but the last 30km before the connection with the SS 106 are without barrier. So the last sector cannot be count I think. The ss 106dir is a superstrada connecting the ss106 and the A14 so I would say yes. I have some doubt for the sopraelevata of Genova, ... they are also same kind of road in Trieste and Milan (Viale Renato Serra)...for me those road are comunnal urban express way... Anyway it dosent change a lot cause those sectors are short.
Insulateshipper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 10:45 AM   #8773
Autobahn-mann

Likes (Received): 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Would you mind to post your list of Italian expressways? Maybe us Italian forumer can see if it's exhaustive.
A good list of italian autostrade (motorways/freeway) is here, but without extensions: https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autostrade_in_Italia

Been in: A, BiH, CH, CZ, D, E, ET, F, GR, H, HR, I, RSM, SLO, UK, V, VEC
Drove in : I, HR, SLO, VEC
Autobahn-mann no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 11:21 AM   #8774
narkelion
Brentered

Likes (Received): 16488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insulateshipper View Post
Well the SS407 is 2+2 but the last 30km before the connection with the SS 106 are without barrier. So the last sector cannot be count I think. The ss 106dir is a superstrada connecting the ss106 and the A14 so I would say yes. I have some doubt for the sopraelevata of Genova, ... they are also same kind of road in Trieste and Milan (Viale Renato Serra)...for me those road are comunnal urban express way... Anyway it dosent change a lot cause those sectors are short.
Sopraelevata di Genova, Viale Renato Serra in Milan, as well as Tangenziale Est in Rome aren't proper B-style catergory roads, so I'd say no.

They represent more D-category, "strade urbane di scorrimento": urban expressways.
Urban Area: 100611
Metropolitan Area: 175818

2nd in Marche / 44th in Italy / n-th in European Union per popolazione
1st in Marche / 18th in Italy per qualità della vita

Autobahn-mann liked this post
narkelion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 01:08 PM   #8775
italystf

Quote:
I would personally say the Variante di Valico is one autostrada together with the old route. It functions more like a local-express system than a truly separate route. Local-express systems also have different exits, but this one is the first in mountainous terrain.

I wonder how it's going to operate during peak traffic periods. You have to turn off to follow the new alignment, but updated GPSs will likely indicate to follow the new alignment due to the shorter travel time. You'd say people won't take the old alignment until the new alignment runs into congestion.
Also A14 and RA1 around Bologna are considered two separate motorways, although the second is the local-express system (or frontage road, isn't it the same?) of the first.
Old January 7th, 2016, 01:12 PM   #8776
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by narkelion View Post
Sopraelevata di Genova, Viale Renato Serra in Milan, as well as Tangenziale Est in Rome aren't proper B-style catergory roads, so I'd say no.

They represent more D-category, "strade urbane di scorrimento": urban expressways.
Some old expressways, like FIPILI and parts of SS131, belong to C-category "strade extraurbane secondarie", because they have lower standards.
SS202 in Trieste is signed as "strada extraurbana principale" (B-category), although the speed limit is just 50 all the way from the junction with the (unnumbered) motorway to Koper and the harbour.
Old January 7th, 2016, 01:16 PM   #8777
narkelion
Brentered

Likes (Received): 16488

Yeah, I meant 2+2 roads with "B-style", because these standards have been created way after those roads have been built.
Urban Area: 100611
Metropolitan Area: 175818

2nd in Marche / 44th in Italy / n-th in European Union per popolazione
1st in Marche / 18th in Italy per qualità della vita
narkelion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 05:04 PM   #8778
brick84

A20 Messina-Palermo

viaduct next to Pollina (PA)

by sharloch, su Flickr

"Quello che facciamo per noi stessi,muore con noi quello che facciamo per gli altri e per il mondo rimane, ed e’ immortale" - Albert Pine.

Ponte sullo Stretto di Messina - Prima parte
Ponte sullo Stretto di Messina - Seconda parte
brick84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 05:13 PM   #8779
mistikos

Likes (Received): 3062

This is one of the bridge included in the stretch opened in 2005?
"Nessuno nasce odiando i propri simili a causa della razza, della religione e della classe alla quale appartengono. Gli uomini imparano ad odiare e, se possono imparare ad odiare, possono anche imparare ad amare perché l'amore, per il cuore umano, è più naturale dell'odio."
-Nelson Mandela

Il mio blog
Il mio canale youtube
mistikos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 05:17 PM   #8780
mistikos

Likes (Received): 3062

A3 SA-RC - Construction of the new tunnels from Laino Borgo to Campotenese:

Jannello tunnel

Laria tunnel

Mormanno tunnel

Campotenese tunnel

Images made by me
"Nessuno nasce odiando i propri simili a causa della razza, della religione e della classe alla quale appartengono. Gli uomini imparano ad odiare e, se possono imparare ad odiare, possono anche imparare ad amare perché l'amore, per il cuore umano, è più naturale dell'odio."
-Nelson Mandela

Il mio blog
Il mio canale youtube

Luki_SL, Highway89, solchante liked this post
mistikos no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, autostrada, highways, italia, italy, motorways