daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 14th, 2016, 08:18 PM   #8881
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pino- View Post
Is there still anything going on at the SS106? Megalotto 3 would be a big one there, as it would complete the expressway between the A14 and the A3.
Contract for this section is already signed, but it's not clear when works will start. However I was talking about new motorways, this one will be an expressway.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2016, 10:00 PM   #8882
-Pino-
Funkin' down the Track

Likes (Received): 127

The upgraded parts of the Ionica are strada extraurbana principale, thus signed with a blue chopstick sign. Will do as motorway to me, also considering that most modern superstrade are being built at higher standards than many a motorway of old.

In any event, the realisation of pending big high quality dual carriageway projects (Ionica, Quadrilatero, E78) excites me more than a few kilometers of A-road somewhere in the North. So thanks for the update.
Old February 16th, 2016, 12:45 AM   #8883
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

what is actually happening with A12 at the moment? is it still ending at Rosignano? what is th esituation at the south? is it going to follow existing SS1 path, or it will have it's own route? what about tolls, is it gonna be free flow?
Old February 16th, 2016, 12:53 AM   #8884
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
what is actually happening with A12 at the moment? is it still ending at Rosignano? what is th esituation at the south? is it going to follow existing SS1 path, or it will have it's own route? what about tolls, is it gonna be free flow?
Probably it will be a new motorway between Tarquinia and Grosseto and between San Pietro in Palazzi (current end od A12 south of Rosignano) and Grosseto they will upgrade SS1. Toll will be either free-flow or open system (a toll booth with fixed rate every few dozens of kilometer).
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

Autobahn-mann liked this post
Old February 22nd, 2016, 09:29 PM   #8885
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Also, SP46 dual carriaggeway north of Milan (6km) will become A52 when widenings work are completed.
Is there any estimated completion/rededication date?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2016, 09:43 PM   #8886
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2120

I saw a recent estimate of 1st July 2016
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2016, 01:56 PM   #8887
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Recent phase of Italia viaduct demolition on A3:

Old February 26th, 2016, 07:05 PM   #8888
mistikos

Likes (Received): 3069

Total Carpineta viaduct demolition on A3:

"Nessuno nasce odiando i propri simili a causa della razza, della religione e della classe alla quale appartengono. Gli uomini imparano ad odiare e, se possono imparare ad odiare, possono anche imparare ad amare perché l'amore, per il cuore umano, è più naturale dell'odio."
-Nelson Mandela

Il mio blog
Il mio canale youtube
mistikos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2016, 01:58 PM   #8889
brick84

SS 640 Agrigento-Caltanissetta

update works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabion54 View Post

"Quello che facciamo per noi stessi,muore con noi quello che facciamo per gli altri e per il mondo rimane, ed e’ immortale" - Albert Pine.

Ponte sullo Stretto di Messina - Prima parte
Ponte sullo Stretto di Messina - Seconda parte

Luki_SL, simondanut liked this post
brick84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2016, 11:53 PM   #8890
italystf

SS106 Jonica

http://www.stradeanas.it/index.php?/...arg/106_ionica

Until some months ago ANAS webside showed a long-term plan to build a 2x2 expressway all the way from Taranto to Reggio Calabria.
Then, the section Sibari - Crotone appeared cancelled (it says only renovation of the existing 1+1 road).
With the last update (February 2016), also the Crotone - Reggio Calabria stretch was cancelled, except the Palizzi bypass, that is already U/C.
Beside this short section, only the Roseto - Sibari lot will be built (contract signed months ago but works not started yet).
However, a 2x2 connection between Taranto and Reggio Calabria will be possible via SS106, SS534 and A3.
Old March 6th, 2016, 02:15 AM   #8891
brick84

Thanks to this Government.

"Quello che facciamo per noi stessi,muore con noi quello che facciamo per gli altri e per il mondo rimane, ed e’ immortale" - Albert Pine.

Old March 6th, 2016, 02:24 AM   #8892
brick84

Highway A18 Siracusa-Gela

new lots Rosolini-Modica

update works new Modica junction

Quote:
Originally Posted by brick84 View Post

8166UY liked this post
Old March 6th, 2016, 11:48 AM   #8893
brick84

Here's the render

ivochip liked this post
Old March 10th, 2016, 08:08 PM   #8894
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

According to Autostrade del Lazio SpA, a company created to build and manage the future motorway Rome-Latina, the construction tender was awarded to the italo-spanish company SIS, winning over Salini-Impregilo.
Old March 10th, 2016, 08:26 PM   #8895
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17499

The new motorway will be signed as "A6*( next free number)" ?
Old March 10th, 2016, 08:40 PM   #8896
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Next free number, not counting dismissed A2 and A17, would be A37...
Old March 13th, 2016, 04:46 AM   #8897
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21251

Bad news for A3

We have very bad news for A3.

ANAS has downgraded its plans for the modernization works of the remaining 58km still not under construction. Instead of re-alignment and widening as seen elsewhere, they will spend € 1,1 billion to "rebuilt-in-place" the infrastructure, without widening of viaducts and/or new tunnels.

Only a short 5-km single-carriageway will be built (with existing lanes becoming 4 northbound lanes).

The government doesn't have the € 3,9 billion it would need to completely rebuild the remaining 58km in a new alignment. € 7,2 billion have already been spent on reconstruction/widening/realignment of A3.

This means these sectors will not have wide shoulders, and likely will be stuck with a 90 km/h speed limit, and some short-ish acceleration lanes on exits.

Since they will spend more than one billion Euro on it, it is unlikely they will spend almost another 4 billion to rebuild as originally planned these sectors anytime within next 20 years.

This is the sweetened pill corporate video of ANAS about the cheap works they'll do

With this new solution, the final count of tunnels on A3 will be 194 (for 124,3km) and the count of bridges 479 (91,2km).

There are also 21km under construction right now, this will remain as planned/financed.

The sectors that will not be reconstructed were not the worst (like the final descent into Villa San Giovanni before the reconstruction, or the cramped and outright dangerous design around Salerno, but the one south of Cosenza is substandard in that the road has too many soft curves and tight tunnels. It was like the section west of Battipaglia before they fixed it in almost a decade ago.

There is a PDF with some slides on the new situation/project and/or a 6MB picture with a map for download

Government is giving Calabria the short hand; first they cancelled the Messina strait bridge, then they severely reduced the scope of SS-106 and now they cancel part of A3 reconstruction altogether, going for half-baked measures. I won't start a political rant on how this government is thinking low on infrastructure, coming up with big plans and then severely paring them down. There needs to be higher transportation infrastructure spending in Italy, with a "go for the best" approach. When they did that, Italy got brand new high-speed train lines, new full-standard autostrade and world-class port facilities, now it is all about half-measures and cheap projects (rail, road, maritime).

MichiH, italystf liked this post

Last edited by Suburbanist; March 13th, 2016 at 05:13 AM.
Suburbanist está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2016, 12:53 PM   #8898
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
According to Autostrade del Lazio SpA, a company created to build and manage the future motorway Rome-Latina, the construction tender was awarded to the italo-spanish company SIS, winning over Salini-Impregilo.
If the construction tender was awarded, I guess that construction works should begin "soon", shouldn't they? Maybe 2016?

I've never heard (or can't remember) about this motorway. Is it an upgrade of the existing SS148 or will the future "A37" have a different alignment?

I found a call for tenders from 2014(?) which also mentions a Cisterna – Valmontone connection. I guess it's one contract for construction of both new roads?

http://www.autostradedellazio.it/on-...ma-Latina.html

It's reported that the total length is 53.5km (OSM). There seems to be 4 lots or sections:
  • Tratta 1: Tor de’ Cenci - Castel Romano
  • Tratta 2: Castel Romano - Aprilia Nord
  • Tratta 3: Aprilia Nord - Bivio di Cisterna
  • Tratta 4: Bivio di Cisterna - Latina Nord

Tor de’ Cenci is close to A90. I guess the new road will begin at A90 exit 26? The future motorway will feature 2x3 lanes (width of 33.3m) up to Aprila North. The remaing sections will feature 2x2 lanes.

http://www.autostradedellazio.it/on-...almontone.html

The 2x2 motorway has a length of 34km (OSM). Where will it be connected to "A37", at Aprilia North interchange? Where will it be connected to A1, near an exisiting interchange or a new interchange?

Is there a map showing the entire future motorway network of the region?

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old March 13th, 2016, 01:46 PM   #8899
MichiH

SS199: west of Olbia-South (SS131DCN) – Olbia-Airport 2.5km (June 2012 to Early 2016) – projectmap
SS597: Codrongianos (SS131) – Ploaghe 2.4km (September 2013 to Early 2016) – projectmap

It's reported that a "limitation" because of the SS199 construction works (lot 9) will be extended till 30th May, source. I guess SS199 section will be opened in Mid 2016 (at the earliest).

If I'm right, the project page link has been changed and the new project page contains less information - no details at all .

Old March 13th, 2016, 02:10 PM   #8900
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
If the construction tender was awarded, I guess that construction works should begin "soon", shouldn't they? Maybe 2016?
I don't think so, I guess 2017 is a more probable date.

Quote:
I've never heard (or can't remember) about this motorway. Is it an upgrade of the existing SS148 or will the future "A37" have a different alignment?
It will largely follow SS148 except for bypassing Pomezia and Aprilia.

Quote:
I found a call for tenders from 2014(?) which also mentions a Cisterna – Valmontone connection. I guess it's one contract for construction of both new roads?
Yes, the project contains both roads, the latter being a motorway connection to the A1.

Quote:
http://www.autostradedellazio.it/on-...ma-Latina.html

It's reported that the total length is 53.5km (OSM). There seems to be 4 lots or sections:
  • Tratta 1: Tor de’ Cenci - Castel Romano
  • Tratta 2: Castel Romano - Aprilia Nord
  • Tratta 3: Aprilia Nord - Bivio di Cisterna
  • Tratta 4: Bivio di Cisterna - Latina Nord

Tor de’ Cenci is close to A90. I guess the new road will begin at A90 exit 26? The future motorway will feature 2x3 lanes (width of 33.3m) up to Aprila North. The remaing sections will feature 2x2 lanes.
Possibly, I'm not sure. The old project was connecting it directly to A12 at Ponte Galeria, but there were a lot of environmental oppositions about that, the area being a natural park of some sort.

Quote:
http://www.autostradedellazio.it/on-...almontone.html

The 2x2 motorway has a length of 34km (OSM). Where will it be connected to "A37", at Aprilia North interchange? Where will it be connected to A1, near an exisiting interchange or a new interchange?

Is there a map showing the entire future motorway network of the region?

It's small but - kind of - readable.

Tags
autobahn, autostrada, highways, italia, italy, motorways