daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 9th, 2016, 01:51 AM   #9121
brick84

SS 640 Agrigento-Caltanissetta, Sicily

5 km of a next stretch from Caltanissetta to junction of highway A19 opened to traffic today

www.stradeanas.it

"Quello che facciamo per noi stessi,muore con noi quello che facciamo per gli altri e per il mondo rimane, ed e’ immortale" - Albert Pine.

Ponte sullo Stretto di Messina - Prima parte
Ponte sullo Stretto di Messina - Seconda parte

Stavros86, Blackraven, Luki_SL, mistikos liked this post
brick84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2016, 11:41 PM   #9122
Italbeton

Likes (Received): 727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist
I swear that is some forumer had come, couple years ago, with an idea like "hey, why doesn't ANAS start a new road category when a definitive number is not assigned, and then why doesn't it start creating road signs with those numbers?", most people would laugh at it.
Actually it make sense: when a national road is diverted from its old route, this one needs a new temporary classification, until it passes from ANAS to the province.
Italbeton está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2016, 10:44 AM   #9123
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 768

There are better solutions:

1) define the owner of the road before it opens

2) design a coherent numbering system not based on the owner, as drivers do not care who maintain the road, things like "SP ex SS 123", "SP BS 123", "NSA" should not exist. There should be A for motorways/autostrade, maybe B or S for superstrade, SS for main roads (also those owned by regions or provinces), and SR/SP/SC for minor ones - or something similar

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia

Autobahn-mann, g.spinoza, Verso liked this post
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2016, 08:09 PM   #9124
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19412

Sacyr is awarded the construction and concession of the Rome – Latina freeway (Italy) with an income portfolio of 12,250 million euros

Autostrade del Lazio has awarded the construction and concession of the Rome - Latina freeway in Italy, 186 kilometers long, to Sacyr's Italian subsidiary, SIS, with envisaged investment of 2,800 million euros and a concession period of 43 years.

The Rome-Latina freeway is the final part of Lazio Major Bypass, which comprises the Sole, Cisterna-Valmontone, Rome-Latina and Orte-Civitavecchia freeways, bringing its infrastructure in line with European standards.

The project requires the construction of 78 viaducts and overpasses with a total length of 23,700 meters, 2 tunnels with a total length of 2,350 meters, 5 cut-and-fill tunnels with a total length of 1,425 meters, 17 link roads and three central toll barriers, among other infrastructure.

The average daily intensity (ADI) once operating is envisaged at 32,000 vehicles, whilst the income portfolio throughout the lifetime of the concession will reach 12,250 million euros. Revenue from the freeway will be via direct toll, with a mechanism for restoring financial equilibrium for the franchisee through tariff reviews.

The contract includes the construction of a system of freeways running for a length of 186 km (100 km of freeway and 86 km of secondary roads) made up of two sections:

* Stage 1:Rome-Latina section 68.3 km long, subdivided into: A12 Rome – Tor de’Cenci link road, and Rome “Tor de’ Cenci – Latina “Borgo Piave” section..
* Stage 2: Cisterna – Valmontone connecting section, 31.5 km long
Full press release: http://www.sacyr.com/es_en/Channel/N...ma-Latina.aspx

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Luki_SL liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2016, 08:26 PM   #9125
VITORIA MAN
on skycrapercity

Likes (Received): 14404

money for spain

g.spinoza liked this post
VITORIA MAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2016, 12:37 PM   #9126
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Tommorow I'll travel to Sicily over A1 and A3. Last time I went there was 7 years ago but it was not on weekend. I will start early in the morning and I'm aware of various autostrada improvements over past years. What can I expect on July Saturdays?
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2016, 12:41 PM   #9127
Stuu

Likes (Received): 42

Not autostrada-related but does anyone know what the story here is? The road across the middle seems to be a modern super two type road with GSJs that has been built and then partly abandoned, if you follow it from one end to the other
Stuu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2016, 01:06 PM   #9128
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21251

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Tommorow I'll travel to Sicily over A1 and A3. Last time I went there was 7 years ago but it was not on weekend. I will start early in the morning and I'm aware of various autostrada improvements over past years. What can I expect on July Saturdays?
There are some extra traffic but the worse is last weekend of July and August. The ferry might have a line as well but congestion in the island itself is not that bad except on the second half of August
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2016, 01:07 PM   #9129
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuu View Post
Not autostrada-related but does anyone know what the story here is? The road across the middle seems to be a modern super two type road with GSJs that has been built and then partly abandoned, if you follow it from one end to the other
It seems that a bridge collapsed.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@40.72...7i13312!8i6656
The rest of the road is open, but it's in poor condition without road markings at all.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@40.73...7i13312!8i6656
Old rusty signs
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@40.71...7i13312!8i6656
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

Autobahn-mann liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2016, 01:21 PM   #9130
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2120

~3 km of expressway SS223 "di Paganico" near Palazzo Lama have been open to traffic yesterday

http://www.i-siena.it/comunicati-sta...axilotto/12783

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/43.1105/11.3060
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2016, 03:02 PM   #9131
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

i have a question about tolls on A36: yesterday i drove there, i expected that i can pay toll in 15 days after usind the motorway. but now i see that i had to do the registration. am i in problem now? can i do the registration after using the motorway and make payment?
Old July 16th, 2016, 03:14 PM   #9132
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
i have a question about tolls on A36: yesterday i drove there, i expected that i can pay toll in 15 days after usind the motorway. but now i see that i had to do the registration. am i in problem now? can i do the registration after using the motorway and make payment?
Yes, no problem, you can register late.
Or even not register at all, and pay only if you get some notification at home, that probably isn't going to happen as you live outside Italy.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2016, 03:19 PM   #9133
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Yes, no problem, you can register late.
Or even not register at all, and pay only if you get some notification at home, that probably isn't going to happen as you live outside Italy.
are you sure that thy don't send it abroad? i used my company's car, and knowing my accountants, if they get a bill on those 4,10€ ( ) they will make really big deal of it because i doubt they've heard for free-flow
Old July 16th, 2016, 05:21 PM   #9134
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21251

Oh and I forgot to say you can buy ferry tickets online.

That way you avoid the ticket queue and go to the embarkation line straight away
Old July 22nd, 2016, 11:58 AM   #9135
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by brick84 View Post
SS 640 Agrigento-Caltanissetta, Sicily

5 km of a next stretch from Caltanissetta to junction of highway A19 opened to traffic today
www.stradeanas.it
Quote:
8 July 2016

A 5-km section of SS640 opened to traffic in Sicily between the junction with A19 and the interchange of Caltanissetta Nord.
SS640 will became a full expressway connecting Agrigento with A19 near Caltanissetta.
According to OSM, the section has a length of about 7km and does not end at an interchange: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=37...43718;0;239634.

About 4km near Cannemaschi i/c seem to be in service: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=37...;423145;158175. Does anyone know when the section was opened?

How long is the remaining section u/c b/n Cannemaschi and Caltanissetta (21km?) and what's the estimated completion date?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2016, 12:07 PM   #9136
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
~3 km of expressway SS223 "di Paganico" near Palazzo Lama have been open to traffic yesterday

http://www.i-siena.it/comunicati-sta...axilotto/12783

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/43.1105/11.3060
In total, 11km are to be widened. The remaining ~8km section is mentioned in the news article but I'm not sure what it means:

Quote:
Proseguono al contempo le lavorazioni sul resto del cantiere. [...] L’apertura al traffico è prevista, con successivi stralci, a partire dalla fine del 2016 e nel corso del prossimo anno.

Google translated:
Continue while the work on the rest of the yard. [...] The opening to traffic is expected, with the following excerpts, from the end of 2016 and in the course of next year.
To be opened for traffic in late 2016 or 2017?

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old July 22nd, 2016, 12:25 PM   #9137
MichiH

Any news about A52 "extension"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Quote:
A52 in Italy should be completed by early 2018.
Are you talking about this section?

A52: rededication Novate Milanese – Paderno Dugnano (SS35) ~6km (1st July 2016) – projectmap

Quote:
Also, SP46 dual carriaggeway north of Milan (6km) will become A52 when widenings work are completed.
Quote:
I saw a recent estimate of 1st July 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonsi View Post
There's that bit that is rededication described by MichiH, and there's the new build bit parallel to the existing road that looks like it's more work, which is probably what they are talking about as opening early 2018.
Quote:
If I got you right, the western section is to be opened in July 2016 (~4.5km), the eastern section (b/n exit 2 and exit 3) is to be opened in early 2018!?
Is the widening of the western section completed and dedicated/signed A52 now? Or any updated estimated completion date?

A52: rededication Novate Milanese – Paderno Dugnano-Bollate (SS35) ~4.5km (1st July 2016) – projectmap

Old July 22nd, 2016, 12:30 PM   #9138
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
According to OSM, the section has a length of about 7km and does not end at an interchange: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=37...43718;0;239634.
Maybe it wasn't updated correctly on OSM.
I think that 5 km are those which weren't 4-lane yet, over a 7-km total stretch.

Quote:
About 4km near Cannemaschi i/c seem to be in service: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=37...;423145;158175. Does anyone know when the section was opened?
According to wikipedia that section was opened 16th April 2012, all the way from Vecchia Dama.

Quote:
How long is the remaining section u/c b/n Cannemaschi and Caltanissetta (21km?) and what's the estimated completion date?
It should be ~27 km and the due date is December 2016.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 12:36 PM   #9139
MichiH

Quote:
It should be ~27 km and the due date is December 2016.
27km? That means, the section which has recently been opened ends at SS626?

u/c: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=37...285672;1206340

Old July 22nd, 2016, 12:38 PM   #9140
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
In total, 11km are to be widened. The remaining ~8km section is mentioned in the news article but I'm not sure what it means:

To be opened for traffic in late 2016 or 2017?
It will be opened piece by piece, in different stages between end-2016 and whole 2017.

Tags
autobahn, autostrada, highways, italia, italy, motorways