daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 21st, 2017, 12:26 PM   #9801
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2120

before 2000 designations were the same. The only difference was that SS roads were still managed by ANAS.
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2017, 06:43 PM   #9802
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

E.I.A. for Autostrada "Cispadana" (Ferrara-Reggiolo) was approved last 28th July. According to the mayor of Concordia (one of the towns involved) works will begin in 2019.

A rough map of the new motorway:

http://gazzettadimodena.gelocal.it/m...eri-1.15680565
Old August 24th, 2017, 06:55 PM   #9803
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19412

Interesting. I think this will mostly serve regional traffic in the Po plains.

Are there (unofficial?) plans to extend it all the way to Cremona or even Milan? I could see this becoming a route from TEEM to Ferrara, serving the densely populated countryside.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2017, 07:09 PM   #9804
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Interesting. I think this will mostly serve regional traffic in the Po plains.

Are there (unofficial?) plans to extend it all the way to Cremona or even Milan? I could see this becoming a route from TEEM to Ferrara, serving the densely populated countryside.
Not properly an extension, but there is the proposed Cremona-Mantova motorway, which will connect to A22 a little more northerly.

Since the Cispadana will be the first regional motorway in Italy, so probabily not supervised by ANAS - there is no need to coordinate it with other projects, but for me it is a pity. A lot of small stretches unconnected one another are coming in Italy (A33, A35, A58 which is not connected to A50) and this trend is really annoying.
Old August 25th, 2017, 10:59 AM   #9805
Autobahn-mann

Likes (Received): 187

AFAIK seems that would be extended as C-category till the construnction stretches of A15... But I don't know if this plan is also expected.

Yeah, I agree that it's very annoying that there isn't a coordinated plan

Been in: A, BiH, CH, CZ, D, E, ET, F, GR, H, HR, I, RSM, SLO, UK, V, VEC
Drove in : I, HR, SLO, VEC

legolego liked this post
Autobahn-mann no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2017, 06:03 PM   #9806
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Some numbers about road violations during summer 2017.
In the period 1 July-4 September, for the first time, there was an increase (+12.3 %) in the number of motorcycle riders without helmet.

More than 12000 licenses were withdrawn, and 626880 license points were cut.

http://www.repubblica.it/motori/sezi...C6-P26-S1.6-T1
Old September 8th, 2017, 07:30 PM   #9807
Eddard Stark
Keep your head

Likes (Received): 3841

This summer in Sicily for the first time in years I saw entire towns with kids riding without helmet. I thought this stupidity had disappeared or at least become marginalised but clearly that is not the case in parts of the south. So hopefully these were more controls rather than more infractions
Eddard Stark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2017, 07:42 PM   #9808
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddard Stark View Post
This summer in Sicily for the first time in years I saw entire towns with kids riding without helmet. I thought this stupidity had disappeared or at least become marginalised but clearly that is not the case in parts of the south. So hopefully these were more controls rather than more infractions
When I visited Sicily in 2009 I saw plenty of both teenagers and adults riding without helmet, several scooters with two people, and also a couple of 50cc scooters on motorways.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2017, 07:32 PM   #9809
brick84

Altamura (BA), Apulia region

a stretch of SS 96 “Barese” opened to traffic

source: http://www.stradeanas.it/it/puglia-a...ad-altamura-ba

"Quello che facciamo per noi stessi,muore con noi quello che facciamo per gli altri e per il mondo rimane, ed e’ immortale" - Albert Pine.

Ponte sullo Stretto di Messina - Prima parte
Ponte sullo Stretto di Messina - Seconda parte
brick84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2017, 04:16 PM   #9810
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

I drove there in October last year and I'm very glad that this part is finally completed. I suppose that the opened segment is between the interchange with SS99 (to Matera) and Villaggio Le Fontanelle (interchange with SP 97)?
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2017, 11:09 PM   #9811
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by brick84 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
I suppose that the opened segment is between the interchange with SS99 (to Matera) and Villaggio Le Fontanelle (interchange with SP 97)?
10km from Villaggio Le Fontanelle / Mellitto to north of Altamura. The remaining 3km up to SS99 were announced to be completed by Mid 2018.

Another 1km widening section of S99 is/was also u/c just south of the interchange. OSM shows it open. Is it a mistake?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

darko06 liked this post
MichiH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2017, 11:18 PM   #9812
brick84

SS 640 Agrigento-Caltanissetta, Sicily

Work in progress on II lot: new juction of "Serradifalco"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdays View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
vista direzione AG-CL

[IMG][/IMG]
vista direzione CL-AG

"Quello che facciamo per noi stessi,muore con noi quello che facciamo per gli altri e per il mondo rimane, ed e’ immortale" - Albert Pine.

mistikos, Stavros86 liked this post
Old September 13th, 2017, 12:39 AM   #9813
italystf

Meanwhile in Rome: instead of cutting overgrown bush that covers around 1/4 of the carriaggeway, they opted to reduce the speed limit to 30 kph.

http://video.gelocal.it/nuovavenezia...ta/80066/80480
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old September 13th, 2017, 11:58 AM   #9814
Autobahn-mann

Likes (Received): 187

Been in: A, BiH, CH, CZ, D, E, ET, F, GR, H, HR, I, RSM, SLO, UK, V, VEC
Drove in : I, HR, SLO, VEC
Autobahn-mann no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017, 12:48 AM   #9815
italystf

Construction of the new bridge over Tagliamento on A4, at the border between Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia. The old one will be demolished.

http://ilpiccolo.gelocal.it/trieste/...7886?ref=fbfpi

Luki_SL, Autobahn-mann liked this post
Old September 15th, 2017, 03:17 PM   #9816
brick84

Quote:
Originally Posted by brick84 View Post
Altamura (BA), Apulia region

video:

Luki_SL, darko06 liked this post
Old September 17th, 2017, 09:16 PM   #9817
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

Udine tangenziale

DSC01945 by hofburgh4, on Flickr

x-type, Autobahn-mann liked this post
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2017, 09:29 PM   #9818
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19412

What is up with the term 'pay toll'? I've seen that in the Balkans as well. It sounds like crooked English. I've seen toll stations / toll plazas being referred to as a 'pay toll' and toll roads being referred to as a 'pay toll'.

I wonder how they came up with that term to use it on road signs. In English it is referred to as a toll road, tollway or turnpike, but not a 'pay toll'. It's the kind of English you would usually find in China or Africa.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

darko06 liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2017, 09:33 PM   #9819
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

Unless of course it's a verb and object, as in "stop and pay [the] toll," a sign I've seen in New Jersey.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2017, 10:51 PM   #9820
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
What is up with the term 'pay toll'? I've seen that in the Balkans as well. It sounds like crooked English. I've seen toll stations / toll plazas being referred to as a 'pay toll' and toll roads being referred to as a 'pay toll'.

I wonder how they came up with that term to use it on road signs. In English it is referred to as a toll road, tollway or turnpike, but not a 'pay toll'. It's the kind of English you would usually find in China or Africa.
I guess that this awkward expression is connected with poor translation and/or Italian influence. When in 1972 in deceased Yugoslavia Slovenian and Croatian authorities opened first two segments of tolled motorways (Vrhnika-Postojna & Zagreb-Karlovac), they simply followed Italian style of design (green motorway signs instead of blue ones - as in former FRG, Switzerland or Austria; tolling the motorways - again opposite of free flow in FRG, CH or A), probably because Italy was percepted as not so hard yet former enemy to Commies as they thought German speaking countries were. So, they designed signs for toll booths with following inscriptions: NAPLATA CESTARINE (hr)/PLAČILO CESTNINE (sl); PAY TOLL (en); PAGAMENTO PEDAGGIO (it); AUTOBAHNGEBÜHR (de). Probably they translate to English with Italian in mind.

Last edited by darko06; September 17th, 2017 at 11:52 PM.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, autostrada, highways, italia, italy, motorways