daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Highrises > Proposed Highrises

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 13th, 2007, 05:53 PM   #21
PIE
Abstract Musician

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skycrap View Post
I don't think my opinion is superior. But it's just the same here in Enschede:
@Skycrap
I don't get the comparison of the picture you show and Baltimore's situation.
That's a totally different situation.

BTW... i like the height of the tower because it will create a bit more difference in heights on the pier. And if you ask me, this location is the best spot to do so.
I don't think the design is bad... don't think it's very special too.

Let's build it... NOW

Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2007, 06:13 PM   #22
Joshapd
....okay?!?!?

Likes (Received): 1

I like it just because it is not so special, every tower in Rotterdam always got to be special wich can look really weird all together. But this tower is nice because it is kinda basic, but goodlooking basic!

사랑 , amor, любовь, amor, kjŠrlighet, სიყვარული,

ტრფობა, szerelem, miłość, yŕu, אהבה ,ask,

mehebbet,pag-ibig, esgh, รัก!
Joshapd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 06:21 PM   #23
ch1le
always on

Likes (Received): 202

Its foster... you gotta love it!
ch1le no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 12:30 AM   #24
Skyscrapercitizen
TIMBY

Likes (Received): 5408

Amazing! 170m is incredible for Rotterdam. And I love the design, it's very international but still fits it's location of historical importance very well!

@ Skycrap

I don't understand what this project has to do with some stand alone tower in a provincial town. It's just a total different situation! Towers in other metropolises stand closer to eachtother sometimes, and I love it!
Old June 14th, 2007, 08:53 AM   #25
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28124

I agree. ANd which city can say they have 3 Fosters in a row!
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 02:02 PM   #26
BMXican

Likes (Received): 5

probably none, but is foster really so great? me thinks not ...

still good for rotterdam. it's funny how the heights are slowly aproaching the 200m mark. it's only a matter of time till we see something 200m+ in rdam.
BMXican no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 02:23 PM   #27
Eric E

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXican View Post
probably none, but is foster really so great? me thinks not ...
You can argue his designs, but to disagree the greatness of Sir Norman? Look at the stature he has as an architect and the major projects he has been involved in.
Eric E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 04:58 PM   #28
Skycrap
Enschede goes high 8)

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercitizen View Post
Amazing! 170m is incredible for Rotterdam. And I love the design, it's very international but still fits it's location of historical importance very well!

@ Skycrap

I don't understand what this project has to do with some stand alone tower in a provincial town. It's just a total different situation! Towers in other metropolises stand closer to eachtother sometimes, and I love it!
This discussion isen't about city's mate. It's about a project in a city. What I said before, is that they put it to directly along the WPC.

As comparicing I used an example of the new Dish Hotel, thats because the same problem appears here also. Because 2 towers, there in Rotterdam, and here in this "little farm village" have to deal with the same problem, a lack of space. Thats why, imo, a strange composition appears.

I already sudjest to mirror the building. The result you can see on the dutch forum. Imo, much, much better.
Skycrap no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 05:26 PM   #29
taboe
taboe

Likes (Received): 380

grappig dat zo'n rotterdamthreads op het internationale forum altijd overspoeld worden door nederlanders die dan in het engels met elkaar in discussie gaan
taboe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 06:59 PM   #30
Racingfreak
Skyscraperfan

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by taboe View Post
grappig dat zo'n rotterdamthreads op het internationale forum altijd overspoeld worden door nederlanders die dan in het engels met elkaar in discussie gaan
Yes you're right , but you must talk here in english.
No single guys from another country's in Wolrd News
4.De Rotterdam..........149M U/C
Racingfreak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 07:31 PM   #31
modestproposal
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric E View Post
@ MDguy, yeah isn't it something that one of the highest buildings (only one proposed building is higher) in Rotterdam is named after such a 'boring' town in Maryland....
Excuse me? Is that sarcasm?
modestproposal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 09:21 PM   #32
BMXican

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric E View Post
You can argue his designs, but to disagree the greatness of Sir Norman? Look at the stature he has as an architect and the major projects he has been involved in.

greatness? this is also very arguable.
BMXican no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 10:49 PM   #33
Skyscrapercitizen
TIMBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by taboe View Post
Funny how always in dutch topics on the international forums people start to talk dutch. Please keep it international here, so english.
Old June 14th, 2007, 10:57 PM   #34
Skyscrapercitizen
TIMBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skycrap View Post
This discussion isen't about city's mate. It's about a project in a city. What I said before, is that they put it to directly along the WPC.

As comparicing I used an example of the new Dish Hotel, thats because the same problem appears here also. Because 2 towers, there in Rotterdam, and here in this "little farm village" have to deal with the same problem, a lack of space. Thats why, imo, a strange composition appears.

I already sudjest to mirror the building. The result you can see on the dutch forum. Imo, much, much better.
First, I'm not your mate.

You bring your opinion like it is a fact. Yes this tower is close to the WPC tower, but in my opinion, and many others' opinion, this is just fine. I love it when buildings are packed close together.

Besides that you dish hotel example is totally different because the size of the buildings is much different. The building besides that tower is not even a real highrise. That city it building a nice skyline by dropping some cool tower here and there. In Rotterdam we try to reach a much different urbanitiy by packing towers close together. The area of this tower will have a Floor Space Index of over 5! That is really extreme!

Your suggestion to mirror the building is nice, but I still prefer the original position.

mate!
Old June 15th, 2007, 01:40 AM   #35
Sir P von
Gordon Gekko

woooo guys, chill! i just came back home from a street fight hoping i'd have a peaceful night of browsing ssc. but noooo, the night is still young! come on, we're talking buildings here. if you want to have a heated argument, at least let it be over a chick or money or something. just remember, love and peace!

anyways, nice building and stuff. i think the mirrored version would definitely be a great addition to rotterdam's skyline. it's a shame not too many foreigners voice their opinions in this thread. it's foster after all. not too shabby a name i'd say. and not too shabby a building either
Old June 15th, 2007, 02:57 PM   #36
Skycrap
Enschede goes high 8)

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercitizen View Post
First, I'm not your mate.

You bring your opinion like it is a fact. Yes this tower is close to the WPC tower, but in my opinion, and many others' opinion, this is just fine. I love it when buildings are packed close together.

Besides that you dish hotel example is totally different because the size of the buildings is much different. The building besides that tower is not even a real highrise. That city it building a nice skyline by dropping some cool tower here and there. In Rotterdam we try to reach a much different urbanitiy by packing towers close together. The area of this tower will have a Floor Space Index of over 5! That is really extreme!

Your suggestion to mirror the building is nice, but I still prefer the original position.

mate!
Did you here me saying that I call that building highrise? It's 50 meters high, so it isn't. That may be not very high, but it's certainly a big building. It was just a comparesing witch, in both situations, an mirror-switch would uprate the own identity of the buildings. Here, and over there in Rotterdam.
Skycrap no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 10:11 PM   #37
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

Skyscrapercitizen and Skycrap - Cool off, please.
Old June 16th, 2007, 12:44 AM   #38
Sir P von
Gordon Gekko

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_hydrogen View Post
Skyscrapercitizen and Skycrap - Cool off, please.
damn straight, mate can we expect some high definition renders to be released in the near future? the ones we got now are screenshots from a website. does anyone have better ones? it would be muchos appreciated.

Last edited by Sir P von; June 16th, 2007 at 04:41 PM.
Sir P von no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2007, 01:45 AM   #39
Skyscrapercitizen
TIMBY

I've been cool all the time.

I don't know when new, high resloution renders come, this is all we have now. I thinks it depends on the process when we get better ones.
Old January 28th, 2008, 01:14 PM   #40
Kailyas

Likes (Received): 7

great building