daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Manchester Metro Area

Manchester Metro Area For Manchester, Salford and the surrounding area.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 17th, 2005, 07:02 PM   #41
kids

Likes (Received): 174

the red is potential scraper sites, the blue is sites that need to be destroyed to make way for modern developments:

Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2005, 07:58 PM   #42
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Likes (Received): 65

Well when Eastgate etc start going up the land value around should sky rocket. So sites such as that retail park wont be able to refuse large money offers from certain companies and developers.
andysimo123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2005, 02:03 AM   #43
dj

Likes (Received): 37

KITR one of your scraper sites is currently being developed as a multi story car park
to quietly pass me by
dj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2005, 06:42 PM   #44
spacepostman
Fairy Godmother

Likes (Received): 1

Yup that middle red bit is right opposite my appartment! Although only part of it will be a multi-storey car park, and Linda's Pantry will remain!!
spacepostman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2005, 06:48 PM   #45
kids

Likes (Received): 174

yeh i noticed that today, good good.
Old June 19th, 2005, 12:01 AM   #46
eccles cake

Likes (Received): 4

as long as they dont kill the Jolly Angler boozer like they did with the Whitehouse.
eccles cake no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 07:54 PM   #47
hopo

Likes (Received): 0

Anyone heard anymore on this tower recently? have there been any more renders produced? i would love to see a render from distance and also a plan of the surrounding area and what will be built alongside the tower.

anyone know when groundworrks will start????
hopo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 08:03 PM   #48
ferge
Like 'Berg'

Likes (Received): 441

Surely we can see groundwork beginning before the end of the year? I suppose even if beetham tops out before this starts, I just really want this to begin at the same time as Albany (which won't really happen as the Albany site surely will take a good while longer to clear??)..It'll just be awesome seeing them both rise together.

Also, that last render posted (which I love!) must be the only time I've seen a tower marketed with a black, thunderous sky?! Usually its all 'lardy dar, summers day with a harmless tower amongst the dandelions.. yet this seems give a totally different message like rampant weather with towering dont-give-a-**** skyscraper! different tactics, think it shows how Manc views its skyscrapers now, not humble.. but dominant, lol
ferge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 08:11 PM   #49
highriser

Likes (Received): 96

I think the demolition for the Eastgate site will be more trickier than the Albany site for the reason that Eastgate is on two levels if you know what i mean,,,Store St is lower than Ducie St
highriser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2005, 10:05 PM   #50
Northbeach
A roussos is for life.

Any murmurwrongs on this?

Quote:
Sinclair Knight Merz has completed a major Transport Assessment and Environmental Statement to support the planning application for a proposed development adjacent to Piccadilly Railway Station in the heart of Manchester city centre.

The proposals include a 60-floor tower and a medium rise village style development incorporating 700 apartments, a 220-room hotel, retail and leisure space at plaza level, and 750 car parking spaces.

The Transport Assessment included the evaluation of public transport, pedestrian and cyclist accessibility as well as a major traffic impact study. The environmental impacts assessed covered traffic generation and associated noise and vibration, pedestrian amenity and road safety, accidents, driver delay, severance and visual impact.

When constructed, the tower will be the highest residential structure in the U.K. and a design landmark for Manchester. The next stage of our work is to prepare a major Green Travel Plan for the developer to capitalise on the excellent sustainable transport opportunities afforded by the site location.

For more information, please contact:
Nigel Robson, Development Planning Manager
Northbeach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2005, 11:05 PM   #51
EarlyBird

Likes (Received):

That sounds to me like a positive transport assessment then, otherwise I doubt they'd still be talking about construction with such certainty.
Old July 12th, 2005, 11:39 PM   #52
highriser

Just a thought, if Carillion are the developers for this tower and Crown , i dont think we'll see a start on any of them until Beetham is topped out (sept) they must have about 5 or 6 big developments on the go in Central Manchester at the moment
Old July 12th, 2005, 11:45 PM   #53
caw123
Hit the north!

Not developers, they would be contractors. Inacity are the developers. Who has mentioned Carillion though?

If Carillion did get the contract for Eastgate, I doubt it would be delayed because they've got other projects going. They aren't going to need very many workers on site to put up some hoardings, then bulldoze the viaduct, which will take a few weeks or so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Manchester is located in the center of Lancashire plain in northwestern England like a big circle theatre."
caw123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2005, 11:58 PM   #54
highriser

i meant the contractor's , stupid me
Old July 20th, 2005, 12:49 PM   #55
caw123
Hit the north!

recent eastgate business posted by choogmook:

Inacity Eastgate Tower!
(Go to Products >> Interactive >> Project 1)
or (Go to Products >> Tall Buildings >> Project 1)

Must get hands on CD Rom..........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Manchester is located in the center of Lancashire plain in northwestern England like a big circle theatre."
Old July 20th, 2005, 01:35 PM   #56
Accura4Matalan

Likes (Received): 865

Great. Those renders get rid of the slight concerns about the cladding. Tis gonna be great.
Accura4Matalan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2005, 01:48 PM   #57
dannyb

hehe - look at 111 piccadilly on that 1st pic! this is gonna be a monster

dont suppose there has been any news on when groundworks are likely to start etc?....I just cant wait for this and crown to get under way!
dannyb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2005, 01:52 PM   #58
bundy

Are Carillion definitely building this one then? I'd heard a rumour that it wasn't going to be one of their jobs....
bundy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2005, 01:53 PM   #59
frozenmusic

wow, looks awesome, how about that one of Beetham and Eastgate, mmmm.
frozenmusic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2005, 02:02 PM   #60
caw123
Hit the north!

There's a video too. Go to products, tall buildings, it's the middle arrow thing beneath the numbers 1-9:
http://www.virtual-planit.com