daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Manchester Metro Area

Manchester Metro Area For Manchester, Salford and the surrounding area.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 27th, 2007, 07:26 PM   #41
thecityofgold

Likes (Received): 123

The optimism apparent in this thread is mind-blowing.

For real, I bet any of you £50 cash that this scheme doesn't get built in the next 5 years. That's open to all, as many who want to take me up on it. We'll set it up on Betfair.
thecityofgold no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 27th, 2007, 07:34 PM   #42
Elizabeth Kinoke
Wheels...

Likes (Received): 9

I have to say that I am not keen on this design judging by the renders, it looks extremely plain and not really something I could imagine suiting the Manchester skyline, it is IMO unimaginative. Maybe they will redesign it?
Elizabeth Kinoke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2007, 07:51 PM   #43
jrb
10th February 2008

Likes (Received): 3449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Kinoke View Post
I have to say that I am not keen on this design judging by the renders, it looks extremely plain and not really something I could imagine suiting the Manchester skyline, it is IMO unimaginative. Maybe they will redesign it?

What are you talking about Elizabeth? It's a slab/block. It's perfect for Manchester.
jrb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2007, 07:55 PM   #44
The Longford
Benefit Scrounger

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecityofgold View Post

For real, I bet any of you £50 cash that this scheme doesn't get built in the next 5 years. That's open to all, as many who want to take me up on it. We'll set it up on Betfair.
As a rule i dont gamble but in this case i will be glad to relieve you of £50!
Old June 27th, 2007, 07:59 PM   #45
jrb
10th February 2008

Look! Two people who are involved in this scheme in some form or another have both stated it will get built. What more do the doubters want? They've constantly ( in B4mmy's case) put their reputation and heads on the SSC chopping block.

Old June 27th, 2007, 08:06 PM   #46
jrb
10th February 2008

Quote:

You owe me a 50 ball aswell that man.
Old June 27th, 2007, 11:00 PM   #47
buildonomics

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Kinoke View Post
Do I detect Brum jealousy!!
buildonomics no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2007, 11:28 PM   #48
Cosmo Disney
The Pitchfork Cavalier

Quote:

I will happily take that bet - nothing like relieving a Mancophobic troll of his hard-earned. Need to agree the terms though, not having you wriggling out of this on the grounds of inconsequential design changes. It is quite possible that there will be some minor alterations to the design as a result of the change in control of the development which B4mmy alluded to earlier - but this scheme WILL go ahead.
Cosmo Disney no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2007, 11:33 PM   #49
jrb
10th February 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
I will happily take that bet - nothing like relieving a Mancophobic troll of his hard-earned. Need to agree the terms though, not having you wriggling out of this on the grounds of inconsequential design changes. It is quite possible that there will be some minor alterations to the design as a result of the change in control of the development which B4mmy alluded to earlier - but this scheme WILL go ahead.
That's £150 so far. Anymore takers? Who said money doesn't grow on trees?
Old June 28th, 2007, 01:01 AM   #50
man med
DJ MedZ

Likes (Received): 126

count me in - al have a chat with wayne - c if i can a demolition date

https://soundcloud.com/deejay-medz
man med no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 01:11 AM   #51
llanfachreth

Quote:

Count me in on that one too, easy money
llanfachreth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 01:49 AM   #52
b4mmy
★★★

Likes (Received): 254

Quote:

put me down for £50,000.... if you can afford it
b4mmy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 02:39 AM   #53
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Likes (Received): 53

I'll bet you 50 groszys. Polish money btw, its about 8p. Found a Polish coin outside the BBC building in town at about 3am last night, as you do.
andysimo123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 10:39 AM   #54
TheFly
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysimo123 View Post
I'll bet you 50 groszys. Polish money btw, its about 8p. Found a Polish coin outside the BBC building in town at about 3am last night, as you do.
If you were casually spending another moonlit night grazing for loose change, I could fully understand. With money, uselessly lying around, you would be a fool not to.
However, if you have been out, for weeks, searching for a specific coin for your collection, now that would be worrying.
TheFly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 11:21 AM   #55
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
If you were casually spending another moonlit night grazing for loose change, I could fully understand. With money, uselessly lying around, you would be a fool not to.
However, if you have been out, for weeks, searching for a specific coin for your collection, now that would be worrying.
Well I am going to have to use that coin for something else now. The women across the road has just reversed her car and put her tobar through my cars wing.
andysimo123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 08:32 PM   #56
thecityofgold

Quote:
Mancophobic troll
I'm clearly not that.. I was brought up in Brum, lived in Manc for 3 years, and have lived in Liverpool for 6. In fact, I'm presenting a dam site more balanced view than most on here..

Quote:
but this scheme WILL go ahead
It's like some Christmas film.. If you wish hard enough it's bound to come true! This is why I posted the bet. Nothing at all has happened for 2 years but still this blind optimism. Yesterday it just frustrated me!

I'm going to close the betting now. You've all had a day so I'm going to be sensible and limit my liabilities. We have the following valid entries in thecityofgold's grand Eastgate gamble:

Longford, JRB, Lachlan, ILanfachreth.

Of course, I was slightly foolish in specifying 5 years.. I can't get paid for 5 years but you can get paid once Eastgate gets built.

Although, in fact, I'd venture that once either of those events have passed none of us will remember the login for our Befair account or even perhaps even be posting on this forum..

I need to work out how Betfair works(!) but if people are still up for it then I am!

Last edited by thecityofgold; June 28th, 2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old June 28th, 2007, 08:37 PM   #57
b4mmy
★★★

Likes (Received): 254

Quote:
I need to work out how Betfair works(!) but if people are still up for it then I am!
When you work it out put me down for 50 quid, but m advice to you is don't. And you aren't a mancophobic troll... I'm sorting out this Liverpool/Manchester business .... it's ugly, boring and repetetive.
b4mmy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #58
The Longford
Benefit Scrounger

What about b50000mmy's wager?
Old June 28th, 2007, 08:48 PM   #59
thecityofgold

It was an offer of a £50 bet... From the law of contracts: A deal is only a deal if offer is followed by acceptance. A counter offer is no acceptance of the original offer.

So I am declining Bammys offer.

And, apart from anything else, I seriously doubt Bammy would pay out on a £50,000 bet about Eastgate getting built! I know I wouldn't!
Old June 28th, 2007, 08:51 PM   #60
The Longford
Benefit Scrounger

He can afford it!