daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 12th, 2008, 03:53 AM   #561
hellrazor650

Likes (Received): 10

has this project progressed at all?
hellrazor650 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2008, 04:54 AM   #562
webeagle12

Likes (Received): 415

mods needs to close this thread because there is no news about this project. useless thread for now.
webeagle12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2008, 05:08 AM   #563
SebaFun
Sebastian

Likes (Received): 16341

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK NAPIER View Post

Amazing,this towers are realy awesome,wonderful.

I Love USA
SebaFun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #564
coexist

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrazor650 View Post
has this project progressed at all?
It's basically dead. The Dolans decided to renovate MSG for some asinine reason that I'm sure no sane human will ever comprehend, throwing a giant wrench into the Moynihan Station/Midtown Towers plan (basically eliminating the Midtown Towers since they were supposed to be build on the current MSG site, and making the Moynihan Station plans be massively overhauled). Moynihan Station will still happen, but unless the city/state can somehow manage to get the Dolans to build a new MSG (the only way that's possible, IMO, is eminent domain of MSG and thus the Knicks and Rangers, which will never happen no matter how much every Knicks and Rangers fan in the city wishes it could), these towers aren't getting built.

Does anyone know if there's plans to move these towers to a different site around Penn Station? I haven't heard any.
coexist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2008, 08:13 PM   #565
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Dolan say he wants to renovate the arena. it was going to close after last season. Some are saying that renovating is going to cost to much money. That and the building is way to old for it. Let see what happens with the arena before we kill this building.
Old November 30th, 2008, 01:18 AM   #566
aquablue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 229

I have not heard anything on the Monyihan station is a long time. Are they waiting until it is sure that MSG will be renovated?

If so, what a terrible terribe waste of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the current Penn Station... I can't believe that in 2050, NYers will still be entering their city like rats comming out of sewers. Ridiculous that there isn't more of a push by the city to make this deal happen.
aquablue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2008, 07:30 AM   #567
coexist

I'd imagine they're going to make sure the plans for the MSG renovation are final and not some big bluff by the Dolans before they start doing actual work on Moynihan. That said, there's been renovation to the Farley Post Office going on for a few years now, in preparation for the conversion of it into a train station.

If the city can somehow manage to get the Dolans to go for a new MSG, this project will likely happen. I know the developers are still pushing it and trying to get the Dolans to change their minds. Fat chance of that ever happening though.

I'm thorougly convinced the Dolans are nothing but pure evil. I think most of New York (especially Knicks and Rangers fans, and Cablevision subscribers as well) would agree with me. I'm just thankful Steinbrenner stopped them from buying the Yankees in the late-90s, or else I'm sure they would have screwed over the Yanks and any new Yankee Stadium just as they screwed over a new MSG, the Knicks, the Rangers, Cablevision subscribers, the West Side Stadium, the 2012 Olympics Bid (through the West Side Stadium), Hudson Yards, Moynihan Station, these Midtown Towers, West Side redevelopment in general, etc.
coexist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2008, 10:30 AM   #568
Basincreek
Contrary Lite

Likes (Received): 55

I've always wondered what the rationale behind demolishing Penn Station was. I can almost picture the board meeting where it is pitched:

"As you can see we plan to destroy this architectural marvel and replace it with a huge pile of cow dung. We are doing this because market testing is showing a 10% increase in the approval of cow dung and its related nuances. We also think this will contribute to the general mood of malaise and melancholy among New Yorkers and might drive some to relocate to other cities. This is desirable to us because we are evil."

Well, at least I'm pretty sure it must have went something like that.
Basincreek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:39 AM   #569
skyperu34
TRUXILLO del PERU !!!

Likes (Received): 808

Very beautiful ! Perfect design for a great skyline !

Diseño, arquitectura, arte y naturaleza en:

skyperu34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:54 PM   #570
dnobsemajdnob
Expert

Likes (Received): 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by coexist View Post
It's basically dead. The Dolans decided to renovate MSG for some asinine reason that I'm sure no sane human will ever comprehend, throwing a giant wrench into the Moynihan Station/Midtown Towers plan (basically eliminating the Midtown Towers since they were supposed to be build on the current MSG site, and making the Moynihan Station plans be massively overhauled). Moynihan Station will still happen, but unless the city/state can somehow manage to get the Dolans to build a new MSG (the only way that's possible, IMO, is eminent domain of MSG and thus the Knicks and Rangers, which will never happen no matter how much every Knicks and Rangers fan in the city wishes it could), these towers aren't getting built.

Does anyone know if there's plans to move these towers to a different site around Penn Station? I haven't heard any.
The latest news is that the Dolans might sell MSG, the Knicks and Rangers and focus exclusively on their cable business.
dnobsemajdnob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #571
KaZantiP

Likes (Received): 261

any progress???
KaZantiP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2009, 11:54 PM   #572
xXFallenXx

Likes (Received): 170

Yes, we're just hiding it from you.
xXFallenXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2009, 11:26 PM   #573
kingsc

Yeah nice job of bringing this thread back from hell dumb ass
Old February 17th, 2010, 02:39 AM   #574
eliebson

"The latest news is that the Dolans might sell MSG, the Knicks and Rangers and focus exclusively on their cable business."

---Oh would that it would be so! The City, State, Amtrak, and NYJ transit could buy the site and put up a new Penn Station (maybe even tear down the high-rise next door?). They could build a structure big enough for a hotel and lots of shopping (yeah, that's gotta happen), and between that and selling air rights they should(!) be able to pay for the new station.
eliebson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 07:23 AM   #575
kingsc

selling MSG doesn't mean there building anything here and it really isn't news. Those teams are costing Dolan money. Since Dolan was going to save the land and build a new MSG. Only way this going gets built is if the new owners do the same.
Old February 20th, 2010, 03:54 AM   #576
NgelM
Two camels in a tiny car

Likes (Received): 66

these towers are going to be such a change for the New York skyline.. ther are so.. differents..
"Valencia es infinita" Daniel De Sousa
NgelM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 04:16 AM   #577
kingsc

These towers have been in developmental hell for the last three years. MSG was going close 2 years ago before they had a new arena. Dolan change his mind and fix up his crap hole which some said can't really be fix. He's better off selling it maybe then knicks and rangers will win.

Last edited by kingsc; October 11th, 2011 at 08:51 AM.
kingsc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #578
KaZantiP

Likes (Received): 261

Its a vision?
KaZantiP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2010, 02:31 AM   #579
chjbolton
chjbolton

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaZantiP View Post
Its a vision?
I wish you were one...
Don't bump threads before reading them!!
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #580
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15933

Any reason to keep this thread alive? Will remove it in case nobody answers either.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote