daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 24th, 2007, 04:30 PM   #21
TexasStar
MetroPlexer

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSkyWatcher View Post
It's not him you have to worry about, it's the moronic council members. From what I know of Tom, he will try his level best to get things done in the business arena. Laura never tried very hard, she was always against giving big business a break to come in. I am too, but that's the way of the world and if Dallas is to grow in other areas besides undocumented laborers, we need someone who will attract the big fish.
Half the city council is new also. Why not be fair and wait before you start tossing stones at the council?
And according to the NTTCOG, since 2000 Dallas has added more residents than any other city in the Metroplex save Ft. Worth.
I seriously doubt all 100,000 new residents were undocumented laborers. I suspect at least some are buying high-end condos.

http://www.nctcog.org/ris/demographi..._2000_2007.gif
TexasStar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #22
TexasSkyWatcher
Supertall fan #1

Likes (Received): 2

If you know Dallas history very well at all, you already know that the council has been a thorn in the side of our city since the late 70's. All the usual suspects that toss the big wrenches get replaced with others that do the exact same thing.

Everyone who lives here knows the council is full of folks pressing self-serving agendas that prevent everyone working together. It has been this way for 30 years and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I never said anything about ALL the new inhabitants of the city being anything, just trying to make a point. Most of the buyers of the new condos are people who already live in the surrounding areas who want to live closer in. This wave is the exact opposite of the wave out to the suburbs that happened in the 80's and 90's.

As for the council, watch what they do the next time they make a decision. New members not withstanding, my bet is that the in-fighting will continue just as it has ever since I wandered into the area. I have hopes that Tom will be able to get a few things done despite them, but our history says it'll be a tough row to hoe.

I hope that I am dead wrong, for it will benefit many if the new members decide to work together instead of dividing the city. It would be a total shock to the public, but I for one would welcome that attitude.
TexasSkyWatcher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2007, 06:24 PM   #23
Dallas star
Everything Texas

Likes (Received): 371

Looks good the tower looks a little isolated surround buy all the low rise museums and parks.... I LIKE IT!
Dallas star no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2007, 08:49 PM   #24
TexasStar
MetroPlexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSkyWatcher View Post
If you know Dallas history very well at all, you already know that the council has been a thorn in the side of our city since the late 70's. All the usual suspects that toss the big wrenches get replaced with others that do the exact same thing.

Everyone who lives here knows the council is full of folks pressing self-serving agendas that prevent everyone working together. It has been this way for 30 years and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I never said anything about ALL the new inhabitants of the city being anything, just trying to make a point. Most of the buyers of the new condos are people who already live in the surrounding areas who want to live closer in. This wave is the exact opposite of the wave out to the suburbs that happened in the 80's and 90's.

As for the council, watch what they do the next time they make a decision. New members not withstanding, my bet is that the in-fighting will continue just as it has ever since I wandered into the area. I have hopes that Tom will be able to get a few things done despite them, but our history says it'll be a tough row to hoe.

I hope that I am dead wrong, for it will benefit many if the new members decide to work together instead of dividing the city. It would be a total shock to the public, but I for one would welcome that attitude.
I guess I'm just not as negative and defeatist as you appear to be.
If the new mayor and council accomplish great things I don't expect to be in total shock at all.
In fact, I expect them to.
TexasStar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2007, 10:13 PM   #25
TexasSkyWatcher
Supertall fan #1

Likes (Received): 2

I'm just a realist. You haven't been watching the same city council's patterns that I have. Been in the area now for 30 years and it's rarely changed. It's been in print in the papers and is well documented in the TV & radio media.

I won't be a bit surprised with Tom's ability to do good things....it's the council that worries me. All I have to go by is past performance and while I don't know if they will continue this way or not, my money is on yes....how dare they wander from tradition?

If it appears to you that I am defeatist & negative about the Dallas City Council, so be it. I hope your expectations come true rather than mine.
TexasSkyWatcher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 09:37 AM   #26
oddstyle

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbite View Post
Here's The Building

The Cathedral and JP Morgan looks so tiny...( right side)

lets get along people, cause the
aliens are comin'.....c",)............ CEBU is my TOWN!!!!!
oddstyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 04:34 PM   #27
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Will you please change it in 43 fl and U/C ? here a picture made 25th of june :

image hosted on flickr
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 09:47 PM   #28
Geaux Tigers

Likes (Received): 0

Those cranes are a different project. This tower is slated for groundbreaking sometime mid-summer 2008.

-Gerald R. Ford
Geaux Tigers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 06:19 AM   #29
TXSkyWatcher

Likes (Received): 42

Well they just announced ground breaking on our local news for this tower. It's finally going to be built after 6 years of planning!! They said completion is expected in 2013.

I suppose you will have to confirm this but it's almost time to move this one to U/C!!
TXSkyWatcher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 02:59 AM   #30
lookinflowers

Likes (Received): 440

its almost = Titanium La Portada (Chile - Santiango)
Old June 19th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #31
TXSkyWatcher

From The Park Dallas' newsletter:

The Park helps spur new developments. The $200 million skyscraper is set to break ground next week. Located within the up-and-coming arts district, one of Dallas' most sought after addresses, Museum Tower boasts its location as the chief selling point and gives credit to The Park; “the cherished front yard of Museum Tower will consist of Dallas' new central park - an idyllic urban oasis in the heart of the city.” It will be perfectly situated among 26 of Dallas’ most acclaimed cultural institutions, the largest arts district in the country. The luxury high-rise condominium is expected to join the $2 billion Dallas Arts District in 2012.
We look forward to this gorgeous high-rise opening its doors. Welcome to the neighborhood!
Old June 19th, 2010, 04:44 PM   #32
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Changed the status to Approved for now. I'll change it to Prep as soon as they're having a groundbreaking ceremony. Funny to read my old post in this thread, poor english.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:26 AM   #33
dfwcre8tive

Likes (Received): 26

The groundbreaking ceremony will be on Thursday, June 24th.

http://www.dpfp.org/News/Museum_Tower.html
dfwcre8tive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 07:14 AM   #34
TU 'cane
Registered User.

Likes (Received): 111

I'm glad to see this pick up again. I liked this project from day one.

Principle 27: The burden of debt is as destructive to freedom as subjugation by conquest.
-28 Principles of Freedom

"Political correctness does not legislate tolerance; it only organizes hatred."
-Jacques Barzun
TU 'cane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #35
dfwcre8tive

Likes (Received): 26

200 people show up for Museum Tower groundbreaking in Dallas Arts District
11:48 AM CDT on Thursday, June 24, 2010
By STEVE BROWN / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....d4ba980f.html

Building groundbreakings are few and far between these days.

So maybe that’s why more than 200 people turned out on a hot summer morning to watch construction kick off on the Museum Tower condo project in downtown’s Arts District.

The 42-story building is the tallest building started in Dallas since work began on the Cityplace Tower in the mid-1980s.

“This will be one of the great addresses in the U.S.” said Museum Tower partner Dan Boeckman.

It’s also one of the few skyscrapers going up in the country because of the recession and credit crunch, which has cut off funds for most building.

“This tower is one of the first in the U.S. to turn the corner in the economic slowdown,” said project architect Scott Johnson.

Museum Tower is being paid for by the Dallas Police and Fire Pension System, which will own the building and plans to profit from the condo sales.
dfwcre8tive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #36
TexasStar
MetroPlexer

Old June 25th, 2010, 07:25 AM   #37
TU 'cane
Registered User.

It's going to look great with the other buildings. I never knew that Dallas was in such a high rise drought... Good to see things picking up.

Principle 27: The burden of debt is as destructive to freedom as subjugation by conquest.

-Jacques Barzun
Old June 25th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #38
TXSkyWatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TU 'cane View Post
It's going to look great with the other buildings. I never knew that Dallas was in such a high rise drought... Good to see things picking up.
Only the CBD was in a drought....we got a few rehabs and one new tower [Hunt] last year. We lost a 650 footer to the economy and the Museum Tower was delayed. But in Uptown we've had 35-40 towers constructed in the last 8 years.
Old June 25th, 2010, 04:36 PM   #39
TU 'cane
Registered User.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSkyWatcher View Post
Only the CBD was in a drought....we got a few rehabs and one new tower [Hunt] last year. We lost a 650 footer to the economy and the Museum Tower was delayed. But in Uptown we've had 35-40 towers constructed in the last 8 years.
Those are mainly mid-high range residential towers correct? I know towers such as the Azure and Victory Hotel have been built a little outside the CBD recently. Is Dallas' uptown on the west side of the CBD?

-Jacques Barzun
Old June 26th, 2010, 12:45 AM   #40
TXSkyWatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TU 'cane View Post
Those are mainly mid-high range residential towers correct? I know towers such as the Azure and Victory Hotel have been built a little outside the CBD recently. Is Dallas' uptown on the west side of the CBD?
There are several residential towers and several office towers....I'd guess them fairly close to 50/50. Uptown is just north of the CBD.

Last edited by TXSkyWatcher; June 26th, 2010 at 01:12 AM.