daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > London Metro Area

London Metro Area London Calling...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 4.56 average.
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:27 PM   #1901
SELondoner

Likes (Received): 6

It's offline again now, very strange. The consultation period has already started yet it's impossible to see the details, wonder what's going on?
SELondoner no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:16 PM   #1902
Officer Dibble
cartoon policeman

Likes (Received): 194

Officer Dibble no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 12:55 AM   #1903
Rational Plan

Likes (Received): 218

Quote:
Request for a Screening Opinion to determine whether the following development requires an Environmental Impact Assessment: Demolition of existing buildings and structures and construction of a single 27 storey tower with ground floor retail uses (350 square metres A1-A3), and up to 200 residential dwellings.
169-173 BLACKFRIARS ROAD AND GARAGES ON POCOCK STREET, LONDON, SE1 8ER

App no. 13/AP/0162 no docs

edit. sorry looks like the Linden homes thing.
Rational Plan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #1904
Officer Dibble
cartoon policeman

Estates Gazette reports on the Sellar planning application at the Decathlon site (Canada Water sites C & E)

http://www.estatesgazette.com/blogs/...published.html

And it's back on the Southwark planning website (thank you Cartman), this time with documents. A lot of documents...
http://planningonline.southwark.gov....temkey=9548016

The buildings on the left look fine, and I have no problem with the tower, but I find the other two buildings around the new grass square very ugly.

Last edited by Officer Dibble; February 5th, 2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #1905
delores

Likes (Received): 105

Heygate estate lives again, I understand the reasoning for the design especially the panoramic views the inhabitants will have but it's blandness does nothing for the environment around here.
delores no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #1906
kerouac1848

Likes (Received): 267

That slab should at least be broken up into two (preferably three), perhaps an extra floor to keep a similar number of units.
kerouac1848 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #1907
Zin5ki
Unimposing goose

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Dibble View Post
The buildings on the left look fine, and I have no problem with the tower
One hopes that the shortcut from Canada Street to the Tube station via the side of Decathlon isn't hindered. In past months it has saved me from excess loitering at the Pizza Hut bus stop at least twice.

Officer Dibble liked this post
Zin5ki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #1908
cybertect

Likes (Received): 122

Ineptitude by Southwark Council in redacting documents they put on line reveal that the Heygate Estate was sold to Lend Lease for a paltry £50m (probably less money than the council have spent on emptying and securing the estate)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21338296

Oakmayne Plaza next door, which is a fraction of the size of the Heygate, was sold for £40m in April 2011.
Old February 8th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #1909
Officer Dibble
cartoon policeman

Some new hoardings seem to be going up at Downtown Place (or will it be Redwood Park?). Good if that means work will finally start. It's an unremarkable low-rise Barratt's residential development, but it's very close to my house so may get more coverage in this thread than it otherwise deserves...
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #1910
Officer Dibble
cartoon policeman

Screening application for Mulberry Business Park site: "Redevelopment of the site to provide student accommodation (sui generis), residential (Class C3), flexible retail/health care (Classes A1-A5, D1) and flexible commercial space (Class B1 or D1)."

No documents uploaded yet.

http://planningonline.southwark.gov....temkey=9548427
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #1911
saddle_point

Likes (Received): 30

Officer Dibble do you somehow get alerts on the planning applications register?!

Anyway Mulberry confuses me... do you know if this screening opinion stuff is King's College? Perhaps they are preparing a Mulberry plan in advance of Southwark's decision on Harmsworth Quays?

saddle_point no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #1912
Officer Dibble
cartoon policeman

I don't get alerts, but you can search by week (usually not a long list).

I don't know more than you do re Mulberry. Student accommodation is listed first, so it may well be King's, but without seeing any documents I'm only guessing.
Old February 13th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #1913
saddle_point

If I remember correctly from their presentation a few months ago, King's College have already purchased land in the area and this must be the Mulberry site. I would have preferred to see a complete vision together with the Harmsworth Quays site, that would be exciting.
Old February 15th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #1914
Officer Dibble
cartoon policeman

Southwark St development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnyfire View Post
http://gagarinsquare.co.uk/

Gagarin Sqaure, in the planning stages.
Old February 15th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #1915
Officer Dibble
cartoon policeman

Marine Wharf phase two launching (though I thought they were already marketing it).

"Cadmus Court and Navigation House will comprise 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments, courtyards, the new linear park on Grand Canal Avenue, a 24 hour concierge and a wealth of retail and leisure facilities including a Tesco Express due to open this year."

Newsletter - http://www.berkeleygroup.co.uk/media...Issue_2013.pdf

Floorplans etc - http://www.berkeleygroup.co.uk/media...f_Phase_II.pdf

Old February 16th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #1916
Officer Dibble
cartoon policeman

www.downtownplace.co.uk website has gone dead
Old February 18th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #1917
Officer Dibble
cartoon policeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Dibble View Post
Some new hoardings seem to be going up at Downtown Place (or will it be Redwood Park?). Good if that means work will finally start. It's an unremarkable low-rise Barratt's residential development, but it's very close to my house so may get more coverage in this thread than it otherwise deserves...
Definite movement here - some big diggers onsite this morning, and by the looks of things they must have been working for a week or two at least.

And, from the Google cache of the now-defunct website of the Friends of Russia Dock Woodland, a letter late last year from Barratt's to "Steve", who I imagine is Steve Cornish who has led nimby opposition to this scheme (which, as a local resident myself, I don't understand at all):

Quote:
Dear Steve,

Thank you for your e-mail dated 30th October. Unfortunately I was on leave that week and you used an incorrect e-mail address. Please note for future use. However I was forwarded your comments and have now had the opportunity to discuss the issues you have raised with our operational team. Accordingly I would respond as follows;

1. The removal of shrubs and bushes from along the boundary of Redriff School was undertaken at the request of the school and the local police.

2. We have met with and discussed these issues with The Council's Environment Enforcement team and they have accepted that there has been no illegal dumping of shrubs or spoil and no 'crime' has been committed.

3. The fencing around the area which will be phase two of the development has now been made safe.

As Barratt have now begun site works for the development and will begin pilling in early 2013 may I take the opportunity to advise you of arrangements for communications with local residents and community organisations during the construction period.

1. We will be issuing a quarterly site newsletter to all residents in the area providing information on construction, planning and marketing information. The first copy of this will be distributed in the next few weeks.

2. We have put in place a 24/7 hotline for local residents to use should any issues arise regarding the construction process. This will provide direct contact with the contractors and site management team and is the most efficient means of contact with them. The number is 0845 4606011.

3. We also have a residents/community email address of info@...

All emails to this address are urgently routed to the appropriate department/manager concerned.

Barratt London have ensured that the site is registered under the considerate constructors scheme and that all our contractors are fully aware of the Council's requirements for a safe and proper operation of the site.

If you or any residents have any concerns please do not hesitate to inform us immediately.

Yours sincerely,

Greg Tillotson
Regional Development Director
Barratt London
(my highlights.)

Last edited by Officer Dibble; February 18th, 2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: photos
Old February 19th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #1918
saddle_point

An architect from Allies & Morrison went through the Mulberry student accomodation plans yesterday at the Canada Water forum, it is indeed for King's College.

The buildings would definately be one of most interesting ones around, and I think more or less secures their bid for Harmsworth quays.

I couldn't find any pics online though sorry.

Old February 19th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #1919
SE9
South East Nine

Likes (Received): 8901

Greenwich Council has approved plans to demolish the Burger King at Fiveways (A20) and build a hotel: http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/10..._hotel/?ref=nt

-

SE9 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #1920
SE9
South East Nine

Likes (Received): 8901

Convoys Wharf public exhibition coming up:

-

SE9 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags