daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 6th, 2012, 01:59 AM   #3341
Minato ku

It is not free travel. People with monthly or annually Navigo card subscription can travel in all the region during the weekend no matter their fare areas subscription.
So a guy with a zones 1-2 Navigo subscription can go in zone 5 saturday and sunday without paying a new ticket.

Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #3342
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1976

That's cool, especially for frequent travelers.
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #3343
Busfotodotnl

Likes (Received): 511

I think i understand it. I tought i read stories about overcrowded trains because of the succes of this action. Is that true?
Busfotodotnl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #3344
HARTride 2012

Lots of music!

Cite

Old September 6th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #3345
Ledindondelafarce

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busfotodotnl View Post
I think i understand it. I tought i read stories about overcrowded trains because of the succes of this action. Is that true?
I don't think so, it started the first of September so there's only been one week end, and many people don't know it yet, I don't think it led to overcrowding this fast. However on Monday I saw an ad for it in Cergy-Préfecture RER station, it looks like STIF wants people to know. This is not really new, students with "Imagin'R" subscription can already travel wherever they want on week-ends and public holidays. This has just been extended.
Ledindondelafarce no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #3346
rodineisilveira

Likes (Received): 528

Looking like Alstom Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
Reuilly-Diderot

This train looks like the Alstom Metropolis train.

rodineisilveira está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #3347
Minato ku

Alstom Metropolis is a "brand" made of many different metro train in service in several cities. It looks like wich one ?
The MF77 in this picture was built between 1978 and 1986.

Infact the first Alstom Metropolis train is the MP89 of Paris metro.
Old September 7th, 2012, 04:22 AM   #3348
trainrover
:-x

Likes (Received): 738

Quote:
Grand Paris Express map.
What an abomination Besides, wouldn't the prospects to this intention fly in the face of the new goverment's policies there?
trainrover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #3349
HARTride 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainrover View Post
What an abomination Besides, wouldn't the prospects to this intention fly in the face of the new goverment's policies there?
Hmmmmmm..... I sense that many changes will come along with the new government. We shall see though.

Maybe around 2020, there will be a building named after Hollande.
Old September 7th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #3350
trainrover

I know, huh? Just how did that country ever come to be so snappy at making monuments out of places before the namesakes even kicked the bucket?
Old September 7th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #3351
Minato ku

Quote:
What an abomination
Why it is an abomination ?
Quote:
Besides, wouldn't the prospects to this intention fly in the face of the new goverment's policies there?
We could see some modification but the project is here to stay.
Old September 7th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #3352
HARTride 2012

Quote:
Alstom Metropolis is a "brand" made of many different metro train in service in several cities. It looks like wich one ?
The MF77 in this picture was built between 1978 and 1986.

Infact the first Alstom Metropolis train is the MP89 of Paris metro.
Speaking of the MP 89, CC #15 is in operation on

15 MP 59 trains remain in service. They will soon be missed.

---------------------------------------------------------

In other news; according to recent articles (and being discussed on the Symbioz Forum); it appears that will reach full automation by the end of 2012. Minato, can you please confirm?

If this holds true (with 32 out of 53 MP 05 currently in service), then the transfer of the MP 89CC to would accelerate, allowing the remaining MP 59 to be retired by February/March, 2013. ~ In turn, this will mean (sadly) that no MP 59 will exist on at the time that Montrouge opens.

Last edited by HARTride 2012; September 7th, 2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old September 7th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #3353
Minato ku

I can confirm that it what this member wrote but as I am not working in the RATP I can't confirm every rumor.
Anyway here it seems to an extract from the internal metro journal, so I believe that it is true.
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #3354
trainrover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku
Why
Because two thirds of the proposed network appears that it would bash its way through 'virgin' land, i.e., probably farmland, which altogether signifies development of the speculative strain Paris being such a dense city is one of the main reasons why I admire it; virtually no other city in the west has a density that nears Paris' compactness. That proposal you've shared here reveals some twisted wish to triple --if not quadtuple-- the surface area of greater Paris. Like N America, France needn't migrate toward sur-rural culture (I suspect France's banlieues more nightmarish than N Am's own lot). Another indication of France's opening up turf for --uhm-- alternative development is much of its LGVs laid through uninhabited land, such an invasive measure committed in the cause for economic development ... I haven't seen evidence of Japan doing this. Shit, from videos of TGV rides I've watched, such trips there look about as boring as a journey down virtually any autoroute, what with its endless banks of ******* astro turf either side of a speedy ROW -- there's nothing to see, nary a tree either! As much as I like HSR and rapid transit, each must be executed responsibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku
but the projspect is here to stay.
'But'?

Heck, just by reading the word «Société» constituting their ******* name, you're probably right about its inevitability

Old September 8th, 2012, 01:03 AM   #3355
Minato ku

While I am quite skeptical with some of the station chosen (Issy RER instead of Issy Val de Seine, the Green line stoping at Nanterre at 1 km of La Defense etc...), I don't agree with your argument.
Much of this project served already urbanised suburbs of Paris.
It will not at all double the surface of Greater Paris

The only "virgin" land (Saclay) is surrounded by urbanization.
The development in Saclay will be in compact district around new station, much of Saclay will remain unbuild.

Quote:
Like N America, France needn't migrate toward sur-rural culture
That's too late France is already a very sur-rural society, many people live in rural exuburb and commute to the city.
About two million inhabitants of Paris metropolitan area live outside Paris urban area.
Worse of it, Paris is one of the French city which is less affected by this phenomenon.

Watch Bordeaux, Toulouse or Nantes
Old September 8th, 2012, 02:17 AM   #3356
trainrover

...or Lille, I guess. Rewatch your video, particularly the red route, early on, coz it even cuts right through woodlands ... their overlaying satellite imagery reveals much nature within the proposed network. So, would you say Roissy has lost its predominant village character, coz I was amazed at strolling through fields merely a few Kms from a major air hub? unless you yourself be just like big business, flaunting crummy rationale with lousy excuses...
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #3357
Minato ku

The red line almost only travel on urbanised area, execpted in Triangle de Gonesse near CDG airport, a small non urbanised land also surrounded by urbanization and two airports.
Anyway it will be urbanised before the red line as a new RER station is planned here, there is also three motorways serving this area. It is not really a rural land.
I don't see where the red line cuts right through woodlands.

Also don't forget that there will be urbanisation only in area where stations will be built.
By exemple woodlands are protected in Paris area, passing through woodlands, does not mean that woodlands will be urbanised.
Old September 8th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #3358
trelka

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
...or Lille, I guess. Rewatch your video, particularly the red route, early on, coz it even cuts right through woodlands ... their overlaying satellite imagery reveals much nature within the proposed network. So, would you say Roissy has lost its predominant village character, coz I was amazed at strolling through fields merely a few Kms from a major air hub? unless you yourself be just like big business, flaunting crummy rationale with lousy excuses...
As Minato said, the red line is only traveling through dense urbanized areas, except south/southwest of CDG. Maybe you guys don't know Paris well enough and get mistaken by the satellite images?

The only line actually cutting through "virgin" land is the green one, and that's because it's intended to link Paris to Saclay which is a very important study/research complex. It's not at all supposed to be helping urbanization in that part of Ile-de-France.
trelka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #3359
Minato ku

Porte de Montreuil
Old September 9th, 2012, 01:56 AM   #3360
HARTride 2012

Neat, another terminal station with 4 tracks/2 platforms.

Besides Galleni, Kiebler, & Porte de Champret (hope I spelled those station names correctly), which other Metro stations are configured in this layout?

Tags
metro, paris, paris transport, subway