daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:32 PM   #3661
gambarini

Likes (Received): 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTride 2012 View Post

The second video has the MF 67, but it is impossible for me to tell where.

It's quite surprising in the first video how the guy gets in through a hatch that isn't really all that secured.
The second video has the MF67 and at the beginning of the video point the map on Pont de Levallois - Bécon.
Line 3?

Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:34 PM   #3662
Minato ku

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambarini View Post
Now it works
Not in France.
The video is blocked because of copyright.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:35 PM   #3663
gambarini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
Not in France.
The video is blocked because of copyright.
ah...
excuse me!
if it's necessary i will remove the link immediately.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:19 PM   #3664
gambarini

Quote:
The first one (which I've watched before) is of the MP 59. I think these are the Line 11 trains because I don't think any of the Line 4 tunnels look like that.

It's quite surprising in the first video how the guy gets in through a hatch that isn't really all that secured.
Right; the affected train is the 3219... in service on line

thanks !
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:27 PM   #3665
gambarini

Quote:
The first one (which I've watched before) is of the MP 59. I think these are the Line 11 trains because I don't think any of the Line 4 tunnels look like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylow View Post
The first one, like HARTride mention, is the garage end of line 11 after Porte des Lilas. The entrance the guy used in the video is actually not a "subway" access. It is not even located near the subway tunnel. I recognized it, it's located at the Bassin de l'Arsenel, close to Bastille. See here on google street view the hatch : http://goo.gl/maps/lKsww.

Second video doesn't work.
So the first video is a fake, at least for the access...
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:00 PM   #3666
gambarini

Quote:

The "MF67 part" of the second video is on line ...
The first affected train is the G047 S9063.
The station with the train graffited is Falguiere...
The second affected train is the 089 S9122.
So now the question is: which is the garage?

The MF77 is the 103 (B32206) so line

There ARE another 2 MF67 at the beginning, the 103 and the 54 so line

At the beginning,during the activity on the MF67 (the number 54 i believe) when he is descovered, he run very fast toward the station but in the station there is an MF77,the 117; so line and line are linked (i amnot able to find any link between these 2 lines) or the video is a fake...

Last edited by gambarini; January 23rd, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
gambarini no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:20 PM   #3667
Tylow

Likes (Received): 26

I can't see the second video from France, but you're right, there's not tunnel between line 3 and 8.
Tylow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:26 PM   #3668
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post

New line map
Mairie de Montrouge is on the map

Transfer with the non-RER suburban network are visible

Porte d’Orléans
They added other new screens on the corridors.
Next bus departures

Information about the traffic on the network.
Great photos as always!
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:31 AM   #3669
Minato ku

Nation
Old January 24th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #3670
WC_EEND

Likes (Received): 18

you guys seen this?

Clery, Dugommier liked this post
WC_EEND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #3671
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9962

Wow, amazing!
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 12:21 AM   #3672
Minato ku

It is not so impressive, the distance between Cluny la Sorbonne and Odeon is one of the lowest of the network, if not the lowest. 150m between the two stations.
Infact Cluny la Sorbonne has been closed between 1939 and 1988, it only reopened to provide an interchange between the line 10 and the RER B and the northbound entrance for Saint-Michel N-D RER B station.

If you look closely the video, he get off at the first car at Clunny and get on on the last car at Odéon.
Any fit people could do it, even more if they are more lucky (red traffic light for cars on Boulevard Saint-Michel).
Old January 25th, 2013, 12:36 AM   #3673
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9962

I know all that, but I'm still amazed though!

BTW, you have to add to the 150m distance, the stairs, the corridors etc.
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #3674
Clery

Likes (Received): 3615

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC_EEND View Post
you guys seen this?

Lol, that's great!

Minato ku liked this post
Clery no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #3675
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

I was about to post that video. I had already seen it. Anyway, once I made something like that. Zaragoza tram is supossed to have priority on traffic lights, but sometimes it fails to sincronize, and I almost beat the tram between two stops... without running.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #3676
CairnsTony

Likes (Received): 24

This video has got me thinking. Always a dangerous thing...

I am more familiar with the London Underground where the two nearest stations are Leicester Square and Covent Garden, but they are 260 metres apart. A few other stations are almost as close together (Charing Cross and Embankment; Cannon Street with both Mansion House and Monument) but on the whole they are much further apart.

These two Paris metro stations are incredibly close together and I can't help noticing that many other metro stations in the centre are very close. Is this because Paris is more densely built up or is there another reason? After all, it must take barely a minute to walk between these stations it would seem.

Just curious you understand!
CairnsTony no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #3677
sotonsi

Paris' metro serves just the inner area (the equivalent of about zones 1-3 of London). The Underground has always had to deal with long journeys and so close-together stations in the centre wasn't going to work. Even with that principle at play there still were a few closures of central stations due to being too close to others (eg City Road and the case par excellence of Down Street/Dover Street becoming Green Park - escalators from one station meant a station entrance building about 50m from the other one, so they closed the other station).

Wasn't there an ordinance to get every part of the city of Paris within 500m of a Metro station entrance? That helps with getting stations all over the place.

I also notice that the front end of the train did a train-length more. In London there is not much more than a train length between the west end of S Ealing and the east end of Northfields. However the entrances are via steps at the east end of S Ealing and the west end of Northfields, making the distance about 3.5 train lengths as the crow flies - nearly twice the distance the train travels between the two (also no easy route to run between the two so not going to happen). On the DLR, West India Quay to Canary Wharf is less than a train length between stations, but suffers the problem for these runs in having to go down to ground level, around a dock and then back up: by foot (only - no lifts) it is probably 10 times as far to travel between the platforms as by train.

There are videos similar to the Paris one for two stations in Glasgow, but the are bicycles (and a steep hill) involved.

Last edited by sotonsi; January 25th, 2013 at 04:46 PM.
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #3678
CairnsTony

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonsi View Post
Paris' metro serves just the inner area (the equivalent of about zones 1-3 of London). The Underground has always had to deal with long journeys and so close-together stations in the centre wasn't going to work. Even with that principle at play there still were a few closures of central stations due to being too close to others (eg City Road and the case par excellence of Down Street/Dover Street becoming Green Park - escalators from one station meant a station entrance building about 50m from the other one, so they closed the other station).

Wasn't there an ordinance to get every part of the city of Paris within 500m of a Metro station entrance? That helps with getting stations all over the place.
Yes I'm aware of the nature of the coverage of the Paris metro but I suspect if the edict that everywhere in Paris should be within 500m of a metro station entrance is true than that may be closer to the mark.

FTR, I'd say one or two of those closed stations in central London could do with reopening, though I acknowledge that would be very expensive. Angel is a heavily-used station and I reckon City Road could have removed some of that pressure, not least because of the distance between Angel and Old Street. York Road apparently has the best business case for reopenings however... OK maybe if Crossrail 2 ends up going to Angel, that would remove some of the pressure.

On a wider note, I do think there is overall better coverage in central Paris than in central London as it isn't just greater station distance in London but a less dense network over all. It would be nice if such an edict had existed there...
CairnsTony no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #3679
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by CairnsTony View Post
These two Paris metro stations are incredibly close together and I can't help noticing that many other metro stations in the centre are very close. Is this because Paris is more densely built up or is there another reason? After all, it must take barely a minute to walk between these stations it would seem.
There are definitely quite a few stations that are very close to each other. One Lines 8 & 9, Strassbourg-St. Denis is barely 100 meters away from St. Martin. After WWII, St Martin was permanently closed due to its close distance to the other stations. Cluny, as Minato mentioned, was also closed after WWII for the same reason. However, Cluny reopened to provide connection to the RER.

One can travel between Cluny, Line 10, to St. Michel-Notre Dame to connect to the RER B and C, and then to St. Michel station for Line 4 via the underground halls.

Minato ku liked this post
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #3680
WC_EEND

Likes (Received): 18

walking from St-Lazare to Opéra via the underground tunnels is quite a nice walk as well.
WC_EEND no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
metro, paris, paris transport, subway