daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 26th, 2007, 08:31 AM   #401
Songoten2554

Likes (Received): 87

wait a minute the strike is finally over if it is thank god

i don't even know why this strike has started i think its really stupid is it? or is it a real problem
Songoten2554 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 26th, 2007, 11:37 AM   #402
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songoten2554 View Post
i don't even know why this strike has started i think its really stupid is it?
If you don't know, why do say "I think it's really stupid" ?
m@rco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2007, 01:37 PM   #403
Minato ku

It is not really stupid since it is about retirement paid.
Old November 26th, 2007, 11:45 PM   #404
ER_441

Likes (Received): 0

Once the MP89 CC begins its transfer to Line 4, will the trainsets obtain the 6-car consist or will it be shortened to a 5-car consist to cater with Line 4's station platforms?
ER_441 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2007, 11:50 PM   #405
[email protected]

The MP59 on the line 4 have already 6 cars...
Old November 27th, 2007, 03:43 AM   #406
ER_441

With the MP59 nearing the end of its lifespan, I know that for Line 4 they will be gradually be replaced by the MP89 CC from Line 1 once the MP05 begins service in 2008/09.

What's the fate of the MP59 on Line 11? What rolling stock will replace those aging MP59s serving Line 11?

How much does it cost to 100% automate the Line 4 on the Paris Metro? Given that this line will have it sometime after Line 1 is 100% automated.

Even if Line 4 is automated by 2015, the MP89CC still have another 20 years of service life span, so could they ultimately end up in Line 6 or 11?

Last edited by ER_441; November 27th, 2007 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Should of been Line 1 instead of Line 5.
Old November 27th, 2007, 10:05 AM   #407
Minato ku

You want say the MP89 CC from line 1.
The line 5 have MF 67 wich will be replaced by MF 2000 in 2010.

According some rumor the line 4 and the line 6 could be automatised, so the MP89 cc would be in the line 11.
There is also an other rumor wich say that MP 05 CC could be commanded for the line 6 and 11.
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:45 AM   #408
ER_441

What's an MP05 CC, is that really the successor to the MP89 CC? Well, Line 11 is less likely to be automatised, but due to the future extensions in the NE inner suburbs, it's possible along with its steep gradients.

Is that how the MP89 CC will be transfered over to Line 4, as I looked at the Track Plan and it seems that it needs to go over to just east of Nation, transfer over to Line 6 tracks and then make another transfer somewhere between Raspail and Edgar Quinet?

When will Line 9 start having MF2000s?
Old November 27th, 2007, 12:42 PM   #409
Minato ku

For the MF 2000
line 2 : 2008
line 5 : 2010
line 9 : 2012.

For the MP05 CC it is just a rumor, the last time that I asked an RATP agent, he said that no MP 05 was commanded for the line 6 or 11.

There is sereval way to transfer a train.
By the subway system.
The line 1 has connection to the line 6 in Charles de Gaulle and the line 6 is connected at the 4 near Raspail.
Or by truck.
Old November 27th, 2007, 01:02 PM   #410
De Snor
Forever Travelling

Likes (Received): 40

According Ville & Transports there are plans to extend Métro14 from Saint-Lazare towards Mairie de Saint-Ouen with stops at St-Ouen RER (RER C) , Porte de Clichy (RER C/ M13/ future T3) , Pont Cardinet (future RER E at Les Batignolles) and a station with no name between Rome & Place de Clichy on M2
De Snor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 03:56 PM   #411
[email protected]

Are you talking about this ?
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=174
Old November 27th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #412
iampuking

Likes (Received): 43

You said that the Paris Metro was built with the cut-and-cover tunnelling technique, yet on wikipedia it says "It is also the line where the temperature is the warmest as it was built at a deep level and it is operated with rubber-tyred trains"

You're either wrong or i'm trusting Wikipedia a tad too much...
iampuking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 07:33 PM   #413
Metropolitan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ER_441 View Post
Once the MP89 CC begins its transfer to Line 4, will the trainsets obtain the 6-car consist or will it be shortened to a 5-car consist to cater with Line 4's station platforms?
Probably the second option. I haven't heard of any extension projet on line 4 stations. That wouldn't be a bad idea by the way.
Metropolitan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 07:34 PM   #414
Minato ku

The line 4 was built in cut and cover, it is also the case for the deepiest station of the line Cite, but don't be wrong the line 4 is not deep at all.

In english it is writed "It is also the line where the temperature is the warmest as it was built at a deep level and it is operated with rubber-tyred trains."
It would be better according the french version that I know about this line to write
"It is also the line where the temperature is the warmest as it is completely underground and it is operated with old rubber-tyred trains."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitan View Post
Probably the second option. I haven't heard of any extension projet on line 4 stations. That wouldn't be a bad idea by the way.

I don't get your point line 4 is already for 6 cars vehicules. (MP 59 = 6 cars)
Old November 27th, 2007, 08:28 PM   #415
De Snor
Forever Travelling

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Yes , the map in V&T is a very detailed one
De Snor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2007, 01:52 AM   #416
iampuking

Likes (Received): 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
The line 4 was built in cut and cover, it is also the case for the deepiest station of the line Cite, but don't be wrong the line 4 is not deep at all.

In english it is writed "It is also the line where the temperature is the warmest as it was built at a deep level and it is operated with rubber-tyred trains."
It would be better according the french version that I know about this line to write
"It is also the line where the temperature is the warmest as it is completely underground and it is operated with old rubber-tyred trains."

Thanks for the answer, and just to let you know in a non-patronising way, there is no such word as "writted" instead you use "wrote"...
iampuking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 04:06 AM   #417
Minato ku

Sorry.
I corrected the Wikipedia article.

I read that the new rolling stock for the lines 6 and 11 could be the MP 09. (Rubber-tyred trains with the same design of the MF 2000)

Last edited by Minato ku; November 29th, 2007 at 04:33 AM.
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 02:52 PM   #418
Metropolitan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post

Line 11 is also rubber-tyred and completely underground. It's not as warm as line 4. Actually, I don't know the reason of such a heat on the metro line 4...

Quote:

Really? Yes you're probably right actually. I know that in the 50's/60's, stations on metro line 1 have been extended so that platforms could host an extra car (from 5 to 6 cars). I don't believe it was also the case on line 4... thus it would mean that initially line 4 was the only line in Paris with 6-car trains.
Metropolitan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 03:44 PM   #419
Minato ku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitan View Post
Line 11 is also rubber-tyred and completely underground. It's not as warm as line 4. Actually, I don't know the reason of such a heat on the metro line 4...
Yeah but the deep is also wrong, the line 11 is deeper than the line 4.
The line 11 is more recent, it has maybe a better ventilation.

I know the line 4, I live not far to this line, Porte d'Orleans is just near Montrouge and the extention at Montrouge will open in 2011 but I prefer take the line 13 at Chatillon Montrouge the soutern part is less crowded and is overground.

The line 4 was surely build with longer stations, since this planning they knew that it will be an important line. It deserve Denfert-Rochereau, Montparnasse, Chatelet, Gare de l'Est, Gare du Nord.
Old December 4th, 2007, 11:52 PM   #420
ER_441

What's the progress on the maintenance worker's strike?

By the way, Line 10's low patronage level is it because of the loop on the Auteuil area of Paris or is it just the fact that it only passes by the Quatier Latin being the key service area, along with Gare d'Austerlitz's low utilization rate? With Line 10's low ridership, could RATP consider shortening the trainset to just 4-cars on just this line?

I know for Line 9 the much higher patronage is probably due to the service area being near the Eiffel Tower and what other reason is it behind Line 9's rather high patronage? Also, are the stations on Line 9 ready for 6-car train sets, given its high patronage as an MF67 (to be replaced by MF2000 in 2012/3) serviced line?

I know that Boulogne-Billancourt is an upmarket suburb of Paris, does that mean this part of Line 9 and 10 have lower patronage than many other parts of the Metro system?

Last edited by ER_441; December 5th, 2007 at 12:01 AM.

Tags
metro, paris, paris transport, subway