daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 8th, 2010, 06:43 PM   #221
Perun

Likes (Received): 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakcancer View Post
who bought these new Elf trains?
Silesian Voivodeship bought 8 trains and Warsaw's Rapid Urban Railway bought 13 trains.
Perun no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2010, 05:06 PM   #222
Jamuary
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

If there are two trains waiting at the same platform on the oposite tracks yu have to ask, which one is your train.

Poles don't speak English at all hence it isn't possible to ask
one
Jamuary no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2010, 01:26 AM   #223
rheintram
yeah, whatever

Likes (Received): 927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falubaz View Post
Well, this is only in Poland so (at least that's what i experienced so far in the world) that we number platforms and not always tracks. At some stations yu cant find any info about tracks. Even anouncements are made with the platform number only. This is the peculiarity about polish railways. If there are two trains waiting at the same platform on the oposite tracks yu have to ask, which one is your train.
Actually in Austria only the Platforms are numbered. If it's an island platform, one side is numbered 1 and the other 2 (or 3/4, etc.)

This makes sense because the track numbers are quite often not sequential, which would be confusing for passengers looking for the right place to board their train.
rheintram no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 11:08 PM   #224
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamuary View Post
If there are two trains waiting at the same platform on the oposite tracks yu have to ask, which one is your train.

one
i do hence ask me!

btw. why should we speak english?
If yu travel to foreign country, learn at least few sentences of its language.

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #225
Gag Halfrunt

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew222 View Post
LOL Main polish website of Arriva title is : Pociągi Arriva PCC - kolej XXI wieku Arriva trains PCC - railway of XXI century , yes its sclear visible , looks like this trains been used 30 if not 40 years ago in UK
In fact it's from Denmark but you're right, it's more than forty years old.
Gag Halfrunt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #226
lukaszek89
BANNED

Likes (Received): 930

PKP Intercity will propably buy 20 "New Pendolino"

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by lukaszek89; November 25th, 2010 at 01:46 PM.
lukaszek89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #227
sekelsenmat

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
I am going to be flying into Warsaw's airport in 2012 and would like to know if the high speed link between the airport and the city centre is on schedule to be completed and open for use by the target deadline of summer 2011? I know that the rolling stock is due to be delivered for the new line long before it is open.
Are there any construction photos of the missing tunnel link between the existing line between Warsaw and Radom and the airport?
A rather old question, but an update might be interresting. This news:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=721

Says that the new estimate for the operation of the airport link is Dezember 2011
sekelsenmat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2010, 07:26 AM   #228
Pavlo
Старий Мейсон

I have not seen any of these trains that people have posted. I've been to Poland three (3) times, in 2007/08/09 and have traveled from Krakow to Przemysl by train every time. The only trains I've seen in both directions running are of this type:

but I traveled in 'first class' so I rode in this car:

Maybe the new trains have not yet arrived to south-eastern Poland?
Pavlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #229
perdurabo
Silesian InExile

Likes (Received): 4754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamuary View Post
one
English tourists don't speak Polish at all, hence no one cares what some drunken foreigner wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by header1
I think that even more idiotic is the numbering itself, we have track 5 next to track 7 on platform 1, where the hell is the logic?

If they need to keep this platform numbering, why is it a bad idea to do it like this: platform 1, track 1&2??
for passenger it maybe looks idiotic but from rail operator it looks like this
tracks 1&2 are main ones, additional tracks that are on side of 1 are named 3,5,7,9,11... and on side of 2 are 4,6,8,10...

look at this map:
http://semaforek.xt.pl/wiki/images/2...aw_kuzniki.png
in the middle of it before lightning sign and after IT.. you have track numbering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlo
I have not seen any of these trains that people have posted. I've been to Poland three (3) times, in 2007/08/09 and have traveled from Krakow to Przemysl by train every time. The only trains I've seen in both directions running are of this type:
because there is few thousand of those old trains and only a handful of newer ones. Also Przemysl is far away from civilization if you'd go to warsaw you'd see lots of old and new trains....
perdurabo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 10:05 AM   #230
sekelsenmat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlo View Post
Your impressions are correct. In south-west (Wrocław, Opole, Katowice) too the trains running are:

1> The ones which you posted photos off. They are the main long-distance trains for PKP Intercity service TLK, but sometimes PR InterRegio also uses them. Ocasionally they have double-decker vagons mixed in the train. Maybe 40% of all trains

2> The red old regional trains which usually run with 3 cars. PR uses them for both long-distance (InterRegio) and regional lines. Maybe 40% of all trains

3> New regional trains bought by each vojevoda and operated by PR. In each vojevoda they have a different look and painting and they are usually quite small, resembling tram-trains. Maybe 10% of all trains.

The rest of the trains are seen much less often:

4> Maybe twice a day there are DBahn diesel trains making Dresden-Wrocław

5> PKP Intercity - Intercity Express trains

About the other trains posted, I live in Poland and I have never seen them =)

I think that the other trains posted fall into these categories:

a> New vojevoda regional trains operated by PR, so you only see them if you go to a specific vojevoda
b> Arriva, I've never seen it running. It seams that they were contracted by the Pomorskie vojevoda to offer the regional train lines in substitution of PR?
c> Trains running between Warsaw and Germany, Austria, Hungary, etc.
d> Trains which will be bought in the future
Old November 29th, 2010, 02:28 PM   #231
Locke
Guac Bowl Merchant

Likes (Received): 5556

The Pendalino stuff is great for the non dedicated HSR lines, but on the subject of the dedicated TGV style Y-Line Chinese delegations are in Poland this month along with senior officials and HSR is being discussed. Don't be surprised if the Chinese end up building this and running it with Chinese licensed built Velaros or something:

China rides bullet train to Poland
November 04 2010
By Liang Fei

http://business.globaltimes.cn/indus...11/589199.html

Chinese railway firms are laying tracks straight to Poland, looking to sell high-speed train technology to the European nation.

A delegation of eight major companies from the high-speed rail industry are slated to visit Warsaw in mid November, the Ministry of Railways said.

Together the companies boast they have the technology needed to build a high-speed railway, including train design, train production, railway building and signal services.

Ye Juan, a member of the ministry's China-Poland Coordination Group, told the Global Times that the Warsaw delegation includes high-ranking officials from the respective companies.

"Therefore, during the promotional (meetings), it is possible that agreements could be reached," Ye said.

In a move that will likely sweeten the political atmosphere for the delegation's arrival, Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping arrived in Poland Tuesday to boost economic ties.
"Though our program is held separately, I think his visit could be favorable for our program," Ye said.

Demand for Chinese railway technology is growing in Eastern Europe, as the technology is reasonably priced when compared with German and Japanese rivals.

"China's economy is very strong now, and the technology is good quality and competitively priced," said Witold Prandota, minister counselor of the Polish embassy in Beijing.
Prandota, speaking to the Global Times yesterday on the sidelines of the China-Poland Investment Seminar in Beijing, put it simply, saying, "China's offer, from a professional point of view, is the best."

The eight company delegation heading to Poland includes the China Academy of Railway Sciences, the Third Railway Survey and Design Institute, CSR Corporation Ltd, China CNR Corporation Ltd, Huawei Technologies, the China Railway Construction Corporation, the China Railway Signal and Communication Corporation and the China Railway Group.

Earlier this year, CSR Corp went to the US state of California and bid on a high-speed railway project.

Last edited by Locke; November 29th, 2010 at 02:51 PM.
Locke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #232
Locke
Guac Bowl Merchant

In addition to the Y-line, Russia is now proposing a line from Warsaw to Moscow, the more HSR the better!

Polish and Russian ministers want high-speed train linking Moscow and Warsaw.
29 November 2010 ITAR -TASS

"Polish Radio" informs referring to ITAR-Tass news agency that during Saturday's meeting, Minister of Infrastructure Cezary Grabarczyk and Russian Transport Minister Igor Levitin reached agreement on the need to create a high-speed rail line linking Moscow and Warsaw.

During the meeting the ministers of both countries have concluded that the high speed railway linking Moscow with Warsaw would promote the development of mutual contacts. We have not presented any concrete plans, but this issue will be raised in a few days during his visit to Poland by President Dmitry Medvedev - gives "Polish Radio".

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...-g9W7SBRuDVDmA
Old November 29th, 2010, 04:23 PM   #233
Locke
Guac Bowl Merchant

Pic from the recent signing of the agreement for funding for the Alstom ETR 610s:
Old November 30th, 2010, 12:26 AM   #234
sekelsenmat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
In addition to the Y-line, Russia is now proposing a line from Warsaw to Moscow, the more HSR the better!
All of this resembles remarkably like things work in Brazil. Not a single km of high-speed rail has been built for the first like in Brazil has been build and the congress already approved 2 other lines.

Similarly in Poland the incompetent Tusk government hasn't invested in the railway system nearly enough to keep the proposed plans. Not a single km of the Y has been built or is likely to start being built any time soon AFAIK. And already promissing more lines ... This is simply a political stunt.
Old December 1st, 2010, 02:12 PM   #235
ptluk

Likes (Received): 0

http://www.rynek-kolejowy.pl/foto_ne...df701d78_d.png

High speed railways in poland in 2040
ptluk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:19 PM   #236
Rain Maker

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Pic from the recent signing of the agreement for funding for the Alstom ETR 610s
What a stupidity. New Pendolino's won't be equipped with tilt mechanism, and will be exploited mainly on the line that is now being modernised to use trains with tilt.
Rain Maker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #237
michal_OMB
look here -->

Likes (Received): 32

New Pesa Acatus (EN77)

and PESA ELF (EN76) from Silesia

VIDEOS:

Old January 10th, 2011, 10:14 PM   #238
Homem
Walking man

Likes (Received): 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Maker View Post
What a stupidity. New Pendolino's won't be equipped with tilt mechanism, and will be exploited mainly on the line that is now being modernised to use trains with tilt.
Are you sure ? I think ETR 610 is a tilting train.

Marcher debout

"Ali Topu Agop'a at", Hrant Dink.

Rire ensemble de nos différences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjwFcSRzO48
Homem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #239
Lucior
PL-PKPIC

Likes (Received): 2712

Pendolino witch will in Poland won't be equipped with tilt mechanism- this is true. This is sad message.
Lucior no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #240
Homem
Walking man

Likes (Received): 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucior View Post
Pendolino witch will in Poland won't be equipped with tilt mechanism- this is true. This is sad message.
Ridicolo So these trains shouldn't be called "Pendolino" cause this word is linked to "pendulare" > "tilting"

Marcher debout

"Ali Topu Agop'a at", Hrant Dink.

Rire ensemble de nos différences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjwFcSRzO48
Homem no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
railway, trains