daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 22nd, 2011, 12:15 PM   #261
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 172

Is there a website to show up to date photos of the progress of construction on the railway between Warsaw airport and the junction with the main Warsaw-Radom railway line?
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2011, 09:18 PM   #262
kebe

Likes (Received): 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
Is there a website to show up to date photos of the progress of construction on the railway between Warsaw airport and the junction with the main Warsaw-Radom railway line?
Looks like I missed some information. The construction of the tunnel has already been completed. Currently the tunnel and station is in the finishing stage.

The footage in Polish in which the reporter visited the building.

http://translate.google.com/translat...1.html&act=url
kebe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:19 PM   #263
Nowax
Nowa Huta

Likes (Received): 1601

Train SA134-007 near Jelenia Gora

Old March 18th, 2011, 05:33 PM   #264
Nowax
Nowa Huta

Siemens Eurosprinter "Husarz"

photos from www.fotozajezdnia.pl

Last edited by Nowax; March 18th, 2011 at 08:47 PM.
Nowax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 12:59 AM   #265
Rapter
Advanced

Likes (Received): 26

Looks nice
Rapter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 07:37 AM   #266
manrush
Agenda 21 Advocate

Likes (Received): 499

The PKP Intercity livery is another example of those simple yet beautiful liveries.
manrush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 11:01 AM   #267
Nowax
Nowa Huta

Photos www.fotozajezdnia.pl

EN77 - AcatusII

Old March 31st, 2011, 01:10 AM   #268
lukaszek89
BANNED

Likes (Received): 930

One of the biggest infrastructural projects in Poland- new train station in Łodź- worth about 500m euro.

it will be used also for HSR:

The whole train station will be placed underground as opposed to what we can see now with Fabryczna's current incarnation.

current look of the Łódź Fabryczna:

bigger pictures:

[/QUOTE]

The "New Center of Łódź", as it is called both by the press and authorities, is going to be built on the base of a former factory district.

new art museum:

current look:

city is known as a "Polish Manchester"

Last edited by lukaszek89; March 31st, 2011 at 02:35 AM.
lukaszek89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 12:36 PM   #269
Nowax
Nowa Huta

Photos by BR232

EN77-003 i 004 - Made in Poland

other

Old April 18th, 2011, 03:22 PM   #270
Szatek
hurrapesymista

Likes (Received): 496

Polish Railway System needs approximately 10 BILIONS EURO TO.... RESTORE A STANDARD KNOWN FROM COMMUNIST TIMES. In 1989 we had 24 000 kilometers of tracks. In 2015 only 15 000 will remain - most of which will obviously be in very poor condition In aspect of railways quality (like many other aspects) Poland is already the Third-World country. It makes me smile, when I hear something about prospective plans of developing high-speed trains system among Warsaw, Poznan and Wroclaw. Maybe we should better invest some money in BASIC REPAIRS of existing tracks instead of wasting money for such a luxury bulls*it ? Recently I rode on a train from Krynica to my hometown - Tarnow. Even though it was only about 180km, the travel lasted... 4 hours. 4 HOURS!!! Are we living in XXI or XIX century? If anyone intends in visiting Poland I,ve got a tip for him - keep away from anything connected with PKP unless you want to feel "the spirit of Africa" in the centre of Europe.

Last edited by Szatek; April 19th, 2011 at 11:00 AM.
Szatek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #271
intelligentBG

Likes (Received): 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szatek View Post
Polish Railway System needs approximately 10 BILIONS EURO TO.... RESTORE A STANDARD KNOWN FROM COMMUNIST TIMES. In 1989 we had 24 000 kilometers of tracks. In 2015 only 15 000 will remain - most of which will obviously be in very poor condition In aspect of railways quality (like many other aspects) Poland is already the Third-World country. It makes me smile, when I hear something about prospective plans of developing high-speed trains system among Warsaw, Poznan and Wroclaw. Maybe we should better invest some money in BASIC REPAIRS of existing tracks instead of wasting money for such a luxury bulls*it ? Recently I rode on a train from Krynica to my hometown - Tarnow. Even though it was only about 180km, the travel lasted... 4 hours. 4 FOURS!!! Are we living in XXI or XIX century? If anyone intends in visiting Poland I,ve got a tip for him - keep away from anything connected with PKP unless you want to feel "the spirit of Africa" in the centre of Europe.
I could say that this is exact the situation in many other East-European countries. In Bulgaria sometimes is worst. From Sofia to Black Sea it takes about 7-8hours by train and the distance is about 400-500km. Everybody should know that the situation of the Eastern European railways is dramatically bad. No hope for improvements I think… Very pessimistic indeed
intelligentBG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #272
Szatek
hurrapesymista

I think the best situation is in the Czech Republic. They are investing plenty of money in redeveloping their tracks and building new connections. Before the Second World war Czech railways were considered as the bests in the world. Now they must feel obliged to restore that tradition. Also Russia put lots of efforts on railways modernisation - in their culture railways got special status as arteries an veins powering huge body of their country. Even railway stations are treated as a kind of secular temples. I red article about Russian plans in Polish section of SSC. They want to purchase hundreds of new locomotives within a few further years. They will be mostly manufactured in Russia in cooperation with leading world companies. We in Poland must satisfy ourselves by 10 new Taurus locomotives which are , as we say, "a drop in the sea of needs"
Old April 20th, 2011, 01:42 AM   #273
Proterra
Korpus niedyplomatyczny

Likes (Received): 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szatek View Post
Polish Railway System needs approximately 10 BILIONS EURO TO.... RESTORE A STANDARD KNOWN FROM COMMUNIST TIMES. In 1989 we had 24 000 kilometers of tracks. In 2015 only 15 000 will remain - most of which will obviously be in very poor condition In aspect of railways quality (like many other aspects) Poland is already the Third-World country. It makes me smile, when I hear something about prospective plans of developing high-speed trains system among Warsaw, Poznan and Wroclaw. Maybe we should better invest some money in BASIC REPAIRS of existing tracks instead of wasting money for such a luxury bulls*it ? Recently I rode on a train from Krynica to my hometown - Tarnow. Even though it was only about 180km, the travel lasted... 4 hours. 4 HOURS!!! Are we living in XXI or XIX century? If anyone intends in visiting Poland I,ve got a tip for him - keep away from anything connected with PKP unless you want to feel "the spirit of Africa" in the centre of Europe.

Yeah, whatever. If there's something people here are good in it's complaining... When I was living in the Netherlands, which is by most Poles considered to be a well developed western country, I found myself often taking train from Maastricht to Groningen, Nijmegen and Enschede. These are all major cities, roughly the size of Kielce or Rzeszów, and the 280, 125 and 220 kilometres between them would take around 4:30, 2:00 and 4:00 hours taking intercity trains...

I'm not saying that the rail infrastructure here can't use any investments, but to say it's third-world standard is stretching it a bit far... If the "Y"-line is going to be built, CMK is upgraded, and the communications between Kraków and Katowice, as well as Kraków-CMK and Warszawa-Gdańsk are improved, we're already quite a way there...
Proterra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 10:14 AM   #274
Szatek
hurrapesymista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proterra View Post
Yeah, whatever. If there's something people here are good in it's complaining... When I was living in the Netherlands, which is by most Poles considered to be a well developed western country, I found myself often taking train from Maastricht to Groningen, Nijmegen and Enschede. These are all major cities, roughly the size of Kielce or Rzeszów, and the 280, 125 and 220 kilometres between them would take around 4:30, 2:00 and 4:00 hours taking intercity trains...

I'm not saying that the rail infrastructure here can't use any investments, but to say it's third-world standard is stretching it a bit far... If the "Y"-line is going to be built, CMK is upgraded, and the communications between Kraków and Katowice, as well as Kraków-CMK and Warszawa-Gdańsk are improved, we're already quite a way there...
Traditional answer - I'm wrong because Poles tend to complain and there is no reason for bothering with my opinion. The truth is that we're facing the final collapse of a Polish railway system. If you look at condition of our Public Finances balanced thanks only to transfers from European Union and selling off that poor remains of public companies, you realize that there no chance for developing "Y", "Z" , "B" or any other capital. The last amounts of money from EU fund will be transferred by 2015 and further financing is almost impossible in case of probable bankruptcy of some European countries and necessity of upholding Euro currency stabilization. Without EU Funds we can do nothing. UK spends approximately 190 thousands Euro yearly for keeping in good condition each kilometer of tracks. In case of France this indicator in 170 thousands Euro and in case of Germany – 150 thousands. In the same time Poland spends… 5 thousands Euro per each kilometer of railways. Is anybody expecting miracles here ?
Old April 20th, 2011, 11:23 PM   #275
Bart_LCY
Arae et foci

Likes (Received): 820

Can you please take that bitching to private level? Pictures, news and videos are expected here, not whining crap
Old April 24th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #276
DocentX

Likes (Received): 2187

Examples of investments or modernizations of railway stations across Poland:

Warsaw - Central Train station (modernization) :

Warsaw - Eastern Train station (modernization) :

Poznań

The first phase of the investment will be completed in time to serve passengers coming into Poznań for the European Football Championships in 2012.

TriGranit was chosen by PKP S.A. from among seven other real estate development companies to revitalize and renew Poznań’s main railway station. PKP S.A. will contribute four hectares of land in the downtown of the city. TriGranit will engage required financing and the investment design agreed with the City of Poznan.

The project is worth EUR 160 Million.
The complex will consist of a railway, a high-speed train and a bus station with a park and drive facility for some 1,500 cars. The plan includes a large retail centre.

Wrocław - revitalization :

Katowice

The Katowice Railway Station - long the black sheep in Poland’s rail-station family - has entered into a major redevelopment plan with Spain’s Neinver to transform the station from shame to fame. Due to re-open in spring 2012 - just before the Euro 2012 football championships - the Station’s redevelopment plans include a complete rebuild of the passenger station, development of modern retail services, and erection of a major modern office building.

Łódź

New train station will costs about 2bln zlotys (more than 700mln dollars) and it will be one of the most expensive infrastrucural investement in Poland.

The whole train station will be placed underground.

The investment is part of bigger idea - New City Center.

More than 90 ha of city area will be totally reconstructed. Huge investment plans include: 1. Underground railway station, 2. New railway connection through the city center, 3. Special Art Zone, Special Cultural Zone, Streets of Four Cultures. The project is supported by public funds. The New City Center project creates opportunities for both institutional and individual investors.

Kraków

current train station building:

underground train station:

Gdynia - modernization of the train station

Gdańsk

current train station :

new toilets

Tarnów

Bielsko-Biała

Lublin

Białystok

Malbork

Skierniewice

Brzeg

Kołobrzeg

Leszno

before:

now:

Terespol

now:

modernization plan:

Last edited by DocentX; April 24th, 2011 at 12:13 PM.
DocentX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #277
makita09

Likes (Received): 92

great update
Old April 25th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #278
hammersklavier
Feral

Likes (Received): 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocentX View Post
oooh tha sexxxy...
Quote:
Gdynia's is awesome too
hammersklavier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2011, 12:07 PM   #279
Nowax
Nowa Huta

EU7 - Warsaw Polish National Stadium

Siemens Taurus E183 - Warsaw P.N. S.

EN57-736 - Gdansk Main Station
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #280
manrush
Agenda 21 Advocate

Likes (Received): 499

I wonder if there's a difference between the services offered by PR's Interregio system and PKP's Intercity system.
manrush no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
railway, trains