daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 8th, 2011, 12:25 AM   #361
Nowax
Nowa Huta

Likes (Received): 1601

Pesa ELF

[IMG]http://i41.************/fk89vn.jpg[/IMG]

Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2011, 03:35 AM   #362
Nowax
Nowa Huta

Likes (Received): 1601

Photos by Mac_07

Old December 8th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #363
Tin_Can

I really love those ELF's. They look bit like angry robots. Definitely among the best looking EMU's (if we exclude HSR bullet trains) out there right now.

I haven't really followed their development,as information has been rather scarce about them,so I've got to ask - has PESA managed to get foreign contacts for ELF's?
I reckon that ELF's should sell quite well,considering how much demand is in Europe for new EMU's & DMU's.
Tin_Can no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 01:26 AM   #364
nachalnik

Likes (Received): 773

http://www.railwaygazette.com/nc/new...cancelled.html

--------------

Polish high speed rail project cancelled

POLAND: Cancellation of the plan to build a Y-shaped high speed line was announced by Slawomir Nowak, Minister of Transport, Construction & Maritime Economy, on December 7.

The EU is Poland's main source of funding for rail projects, but the country had been told it could only count support of around 30bn z?oty in 2014-20. This left the ministry with a choice between one megaproject or upgrading existing lines, which are a deteriorated state and lag behind western European standards. As a result, Nowak decided to freeze all work on the high speed project until 2030.

The Y-shaped line from Warszawa through Lódz to Poznan and Wroclaw would have been 450 to 470 km long and suitable for 350 km/h operation. The cost was initially estimated at 20bn zloty, but had risen to 28bn zloty with unofficial estimates reaching 35bn zloty.

Despite cancellation of the dedicated high speed line, Poland may start regular 200 km/h passenger operation on the Central Trunk Line between Warszawa and Katowice in 2013, with speeds increasing to 220 km/h when the first Alstom Pendolinos are delivered in 2014. In the longer term conversion of the 3 kV DC electrification to 25 kV 50 Hz AC is planned, allowing Pendolinos to reach 250 km/h.

--------------

I think it's a wise decision to concentrate now on the modernization and renovation of the existing network. It would be a great step if all main lines allowed decent speeds of 160 km/h, and I think this is more important than a single high-speed line.

The high speed project should however not be forgotten and the land required for it should be kept free.
nachalnik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #365
UnrealGoD
เทอร์โบดีเซล

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachalnik View Post
In the longer term conversion of the 3 kV DC electrification to 25 kV 50 Hz AC is planned, allowing Pendolinos to reach 250 km/h.
There are only a few multi system locomotives in Poland (only a few pieces). CMK is also a freight line, so I do not believe in conversion to 25 kV 50 Hz AC. The entire fleet is at 3 kV DC ...

Yesterday I placed on YouTube two videos recorded and edited by me. Both show the rail buses SA133 series production Pesa Bydgoszcz as the train from Kraków Główny (Cracow Main station) to Kraków Balice (Cracow Airport) at the airport.

The first shows the departure of the train from Krakow main station. Footage recorded in summer 2008.
The second shot in February 2010 with a Krzyżówka street crossing. At this point, the train travels have single-track line, directly into the Baltice.

It's been a long time since I add on movies on YT. Movies got a strange black frame. It seems that I did something wrong, maybe this can be improved.

Last edited by UnrealGoD; December 9th, 2011 at 05:36 PM.
UnrealGoD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2011, 04:47 PM   #366
TheFlyPL

Likes (Received): 1

50 ton crane colapsed on Poznań Główny station construction site. One person died.

http://epoznan.pl/news-news-29368-Bu...0-tonowy_dzwig
TheFlyPL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 12:50 AM   #367
mr.cool

Likes (Received): 825

Hi, can anyone tell me which railines are being either newly built or reconstructed right now across Poland? What speeds can we expect to have on these tracks?
mr.cool no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 02:03 PM   #368
UnrealGoD
เทอร์โบดีเซล

No new lines are built.

After the renovations you will ride at speeds up to 160km/h. But not everywhere.
Renovations on the lines of Opole - Katowice, Katowice - Cracow, Cracow - Tarnow - Rzeszow, Warsaw - Gdansk.
CMK was to have the speed to 200km/h but for the moment only 160km/h.

The line from Poznan to Berlin also has 160km/h (not the whole length). The rest (main lines) are up to 120km/h, but due to lack of repairs, it is good if it is 100km/h, on average you travel 60km/h.

Last edited by UnrealGoD; December 13th, 2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old December 13th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #369
Jakub Warszauer

Likes (Received): 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealGoD View Post
No new lines are built.
New line - link to Chopin Airport.
Jakub Warszauer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 03:32 AM   #370
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8965

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyPL View Post
50 ton crane colapsed on Poznań Główny station construction site. One person died.

http://epoznan.pl/news-news-29368-Bu...0-tonowy_dzwig

Something very similar happened on the Katowice Main Railway Station construction site several days ago.
(Nobody was killed.)

Source 1
Source 2
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 12:24 PM   #371
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub Warszauer View Post
Yes, but this line will not be open for use until March or April 2012 because of a problem with a 500 metre section of track and the tunnel connecting the line to the Warsaw-Kraków mainline. Only the airport station is near completion apparently
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #372
UnrealGoD
เทอร์โบดีเซล

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub Warszauer View Post
Isn,t this line just a conspiracy theory? Everybody talks about it, but nobody saw it. And the completion date if farther and farther...
Old December 14th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #373
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 171

I am starting to wonder if this rail link to Chopin airport exists too. There is a lack of recent up to date photos anywhere on net or on this website showing rail line, tunnel, airport station or anything. The line, tunnel and station were all supposed to be opened by end of this month
The trains for the line are almost ready but they can't use the line they were built for!
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 01:47 AM   #374
katsuma
BANNED

Likes (Received): 567

The town of Malbork (Wiki)

[img]http://t2.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScfkAJtbBNo-Z4Yy8rHwSGwm7C8UdHj2SslyLkznBi5zKor_8QzStQ63b6rw[/img]

Revitalisation project of the local railway station is now complete.

This historic station is considered as one of the most beautiful of its kind in Europe.

before (e.g. 2009)

now

Edit: replaced pics from here with the better quality ones found on a railway forum of the Polish SSC section (http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1429 , http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...479281&page=72).

Last edited by katsuma; December 17th, 2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: -
katsuma no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #375
UnrealGoD
เทอร์โบดีเซล

According to the new fashion, they got rid of the car park in front. I bet they did not build any other to replace it.

The building itself is very nice. Very nice restoration.

But reconstruction is one thing, another thing it is to keep in good condition later. Cleaning and minor current repairs... This is often lacking, and therefore most of the stations in Poland looks so bad.
Old December 18th, 2011, 12:36 AM   #376
katsuma
BANNED

Likes (Received): 567

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealGoD View Post
(...) But reconstruction is one thing, another thing it is to keep in good condition later. Cleaning and minor current repairs... This is often lacking, and therefore most of the stations in Poland looks so bad.
Yes, many railway stations have been in a neglected state, as I think there were often disputes around their ownership structure (incl. funding and maintenance). However, this issue has to be resolved given the large amount of stations being renovated. As part of that a Station Charge (opłata dworcowa) is going to be introduced, most probably late next year (Polish sources: http://www.rynek-kolejowy.pl/28714/W..._2012_roku.htm, http://www.money.pl/gospodarka/wiado...,0,983829.html).
katsuma no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 02:43 AM   #377
UnrealGoD
เทอร์โบดีเซล

Perfectly. Such fee shall only mean one thing. Even more expensive tickets for the train. In theory, rising fuel prices should convince people to choose the train instead of drive. But the more expensive tickets, very long journey times, very low-speed trains, frequent delays (often several hours), narrowness and dirt will not help. Coming up with new charges for the passenger to bear, will only harm the incomes.

The truth is that when the railway was one of the company (PKP) is where the money was well distributed on the different needs.
Now, when the PKP was divided into companies, each company watches only its budget and do not care about the rest.

Money for rebuilding stations are ... On the occasion of EURO 2012. Malbarok, Tarnów, Warszawa Centralna and others are between cities of EURO 2012. After the repairs, when EURO passes, these stations will return to its previous state.

Unfortunately.
Old December 29th, 2011, 10:50 PM   #378
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

[QUOTE=katsuma;86721100]The town of Malbork (Wiki)

[img]http://t2.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScfkAJtbBNo-Z4Yy8rHwSGwm7C8UdHj2SslyLkznBi5zKor_8QzStQ63b6rw[/img]

Revitalisation project of the local railway station is now complete.

This historic station is considered as one of the most beautiful of its kind in Europe.

that is a beauty! fits very well to the historical town of Malbork with its medieval castle
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #379
IanCleverly
A New Kind of Medicine

Likes (Received): 230

Does this video (between 2:31 and 4:46) allay peoples fears about the Chopin Airport link?
IanCleverly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #380
smiii
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCleverly View Post

Does this video (between 2:31 and 4:46) allay peoples fears about the Chopin Airport link?
Tunnel & underground station will be ready at the end of feb., and whole this link will be ready at the end of may, since they had so many problems (4:20)
smiii no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
railway, trains