daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 15th, 2015, 02:35 AM   #1241
I(L)WTC
Cono Sur ♥

Likes (Received): 8763

In Argentina the pension funds (USD 145 bn) are used in social security programs and buy government bonds ( USD 20 bn)

GRIDO Emblema de la decada ganada

I(L)WTC liked this post
I(L)WTC no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2015, 01:41 AM   #1242
JanVL

Likes (Received): 82113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venividi View Post
New IMPULS trains manufactured by NEWAG S.A. (polish company based in Nowy Sącz) for Silesian, Subcarpathian, Lesser Poland and Świętokrzyskie (pictures) voivodeships:

[IMG]http://i60.************/aa9dup.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i61.************/15mbk8y.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i59.************/zn7epd.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i61.************/wim4uo.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i57.************/2uy4wwk.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i58.************/258yxag.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i60.************/aa9dup.jpg[/IMG]

http://biznes.onet.pl/wiadomosci/tra...ndolino/9gc68l

Old March 16th, 2015, 03:03 AM   #1243
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17045

Is that a commuter train or Intercity?
Visit the New Jersey Section
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 03:47 AM   #1244
JanVL

Regional service, so rather commuter.
JanVL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 04:18 AM   #1245
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1823

The seats look very comfortable, especially for a regional train.
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 01:02 PM   #1246
MajKeR_
¡La Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9122

It's not regional at all. The Southern Ordering Group (Południowa Grupa Zakupowa), managed by Silesian, Lesser Poland, Subcarpathian and Świętokrzyskie voivodeships, was invented to order commonly (so profitably) triple-segment trains for interregio services - operating as regional, but at long routes, between voivodeships. Each voivodeship has its own colour scheme and interior design, but technically they're all the same. Świętokrzyskie's trains seem to have the best interiors, especially seats.

Another Impulses from Southern Ordering Group:

Upper Silesia:

Lesser Poland:

Subcarpathia:

The purchase was participated in 70 percent by EU-funds. 19 units were bought: 6 by each Silesian, Lesser Poland and Świętokrzyskie and just one by Subcarpathian.
Old March 16th, 2015, 07:12 PM   #1247
thompsongda

Likes (Received): 897

I still dont get it. Why they decided to buy those pendolinos...Polish companies would be able to build trains atleast as good as pendolinos, if not better, for much lower price...
thompsongda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 07:21 PM   #1248
Balsen
:.:::.:.:::.:.:::.:.:::.:

Likes (Received): 2074

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsongda View Post
I still dont get it. Why they decided to buy those pendolinos...Polish companies would be able to build trains atleast as good as pendolinos, if not better, for much lower price...
I'm afraid they still wouldn't be able to do so. They don't have even a prototype of such train. Developing the HSR train is higher level than usual EMU!
Old March 16th, 2015, 07:30 PM   #1249
chauffeur
Karyna Królów

Likes (Received): 10314

Quote:
Yeah, would be, but at this moment there's no Polish-made train, which could be compared to Pendolino. Take notice that contract with Alstom was signed 4 years ago.

SRC_100 liked this post
chauffeur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 08:21 PM   #1250
Patryk

Likes (Received): 55

Nice, modern and comortable tranis for Małopolska!
Patryk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 08:52 PM   #1251
MajKeR_
¡La Ley y la Justicia!

Quote:
From Pesa or Newag should we get only pretty lowly developed EMUs, based on Elfs or Impulses. And still operate up to 160 km/h. It's fact that single Pendolino's cost is higher twice than Flirt's or Dart's ordered two years ago by PKP Intercity, but those are unable to compare honestly. The difference is that Pendolino might be operated up to 250 km/h (and perhaps will be when sometime ETCS 2 will be installed on CMK) and those based on regional trains - just with 190 km/h, but in Poland will reach only 160 km/h, just like locomotive with single cars.

Should we pay as much for as developed trains, instead of normal ones, but more? Should we. In such a big country (in Europe's scale), nearly without moutains it's so easy to develop a HSR or something similar and it's really useful, as routes might be really long (e.g. Katowice - Gdynia). It's kind of... historical duty. The progress with slower (=cheaper) trains also happens and I'm really sceptic for the theory that more people might profit if replace 20 Pendolinos by 40 slower and less developed units. Because what? There's no proof or even clue for this.
MajKeR_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 10:12 PM   #1252
Sponsor

Quote:
They haven't make any offer answering the public tender. Guys already mentioned why - nobody in Poland can into HST.
Sponsor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2015, 04:58 PM   #1253
thompsongda

Likes (Received): 897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsen View Post
I'm afraid they still wouldn't be able to do so. They don't have even a prototype of such train. Developing the HSR train is higher level than usual EMU!
Are you trying to say that there was no alternative? I mean, even hypothetically...
thompsongda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2015, 06:15 PM   #1254
Balsen
:.:::.:.:::.:.:::.:.:::.:

Likes (Received): 2074

Quote:
Are you trying to say that there was no alternative? I mean, even hypothetically...
PKP wanted to buy HSR train and none of polish manufacturer took part in the tender. I'm sure PESA would bid if they could deliver such train within requested time.

The alternative was to buy not HSR train but long distance EMU with speeds <=200 kmph, like they're doing now - vide Flirt and Dart for Intercity.
Balsen está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2015, 07:17 PM   #1255
Surel

Likes (Received): 2156

Funny, but interesting idea that I am playing with sometimes. Would it be possible to merge Škoda transportation and Pesa SA without too much problem due to nationalism?

Both those companies are owned by private investors. Škoda is slightly bigger, but those companies are comparable in their size. Their portfolio overlap partially, but not totally. They could create both synergies and economies gains. They would improve their consolidated position on the market radically and could better compete with Siemens, Stadler, Bombardier etc...

But I guess, that nationalist issues would create problems, both in the companies, and perhaps on their Polish and Czech markets. What do you think?
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2015, 07:42 PM   #1256
JanVL

Solaris, the biggest and most successful Polish bus maker, already cooperates with Skoda building trolleybusses.

But I don't think a merger would be realistic in the short term. Pesa (and Solaris) expands in a good pace. Probably they want to stay independent and further conquer the market.
JanVL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2015, 09:18 PM   #1257
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

New depot and new trains for Łódzka Kolej Aglomeracyjna:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dratgyver View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dratgyver View Post
W związku z powyższym, jedziemy:

1 Przed startem

8 Hala

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari00 View Post

bagercho, dimlys1994, SRC_100, AlexisMD, Rombi and 1 others liked this post
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2015, 09:30 PM   #1258
kolejorz.
let's trains!

Likes (Received): 1090

and Flirt 3 for PKP Intercity

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemc12 View Post

dimlys1994, SRC_100, Rombi, MajKeR_ liked this post
kolejorz. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2015, 01:06 AM   #1259
MaciejN

Likes (Received): 404

Many photos and panoramas of the reconstruction of the station in Wrzeszcz (City: Gdansk, North Poland).
There is link: Stacja kolejowa Gdańsk Wrzeszcz
And as always picture encouragement.

SRC_100 liked this post
MaciejN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2015, 01:05 PM   #1260
MajKeR_
¡La Ley y la Justicia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
Funny, but interesting idea that I am playing with sometimes. Would it be possible to merge Škoda transportation and Pesa SA without too much problem due to nationalism?

Both those companies are owned by private investors. Škoda is slightly bigger, but those companies are comparable in their size. Their portfolio overlap partially, but not totally. They could create both synergies and economies gains. They would improve their consolidated position on the market radically and could better compete with Siemens, Stadler, Bombardier etc...

But I guess, that nationalist issues would create problems, both in the companies, and perhaps on their Polish and Czech markets. What do you think?
I think it wouldn't cause problems like that, but the case is: why? Both companies operate well with very good positions at domestic markets. Excluding really huge projects, what might be announced only by foreign railway companies - DB, SNCF, maybe Trenitalia - there won't ever be anything what might justify such a cooperation. It's certain that Pesa and Škoda will rival more and more, but also still do the current stuff.

Nacionalistic issues in Poland might take place if to merge Pesa with some Russian company.
MajKeR_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
railway, trains