daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 14th, 2015, 11:50 PM   #1521
Nowax
Nowa Huta

Likes (Received): 1601

Krakow Airport new train station

DualMana, Baxon79, ascariss, Jordbcn, Beck's and 6 others liked this post
Nowax no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2015, 08:13 AM   #1522
shashpant

Likes (Received): 713

What is the operation top and average speed of PKp pendolino?

BTW Poland railway is freakishly awesome. It may not employ super high speed rails but the infrastructure is awesome.
shashpant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2015, 12:01 PM   #1523
xkk
Buja mnie Łódź ;-)

Likes (Received): 3051

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashpant View Post
What is the operation top and average speed of PKp pendolino?

BTW Poland railway is freakishly awesome. It may not employ super high speed rails but the infrastructure is awesome.
Operation top is 250kph, speed record during the tests is 293,5kph. In current timetable pendolinos reach at most 200kph in the 80 kilometres long CMK line section, but in 2016 number of lines prepared for 200kph will increase to more than 200 kilometres

ascariss liked this post
xkk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2015, 12:50 PM   #1524
kebe

Likes (Received): 243

Also north E-65 section (Warsaw-3city) should be able to run up to 200km/h on severals sections (when ECTS lv2 start to operate) . Currently max speed there is 160km/h.
kebe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2015, 03:32 PM   #1525
JanVL

Likes (Received): 82113

At the moment Poznan's station looks like this:

Next to it still stands the old station from communist times, which has been closed. Only the tunnel underground is used at the moment.

Behind the facade there are still elements of the pre-war railway station:

To complete the whole project, a third phase will be launched to rebuild the old station. This will cost 97 million euro. There are two concepts, which have been presented for public consultation. It will be constructed by 2019.

The old facade will be at least partially reconstructed. On top of the building new office buildings and a hotel will be build. Also a connection above the railways will be constructed to the Glogowska street next to the station, where the Poznan International Fair, Poland's largest and oldest, is situated. At the meantime 3 platforms that weren't renovated yet, will get a facelift.

The projects, with every time the two variants:

http://pkpsa.pl/dla-mediow/galerie-zdjec/poznan.html

ascariss, dimlys1994, SRC_100, mar04, Rombi liked this post
JanVL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2015, 04:07 PM   #1526
ascariss

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanVL View Post
At the moment Poznan's station looks like this:

http://pkpsa.pl/dla-mediow/galerie-zdjec/poznan.html
Excellent this is what we need more of here in Poland, restoring the old and mixing it modern in a tasteful manner.

@kebe
Any idea when the ECTS lv 2 will be finished on the northern part of the E65?

From my last journey, maybe2 weeks ago from waw to gdansk, I didn't see any work for ECTS lv 2 but perhaps I missed the new equipment.

Also curious myself when PKP will begin work on the new renovation of the Gdansk Main station, there is a lot of work being done on the nearby buildings and renovating them but still no new news from PKP regarding actual start on the station.
ascariss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2015, 04:09 PM   #1527
JanVL

And the Poznan station inside

https://www.facebook.com/radiomerkury

dimlys1994, SRC_100 liked this post
Old September 15th, 2015, 04:26 PM   #1528
kebe

Almost like Galeria Katowicka google images link
Old September 15th, 2015, 11:14 PM   #1529
Iluminat
Redsigert User

Likes (Received): 4623

It's more like a shopping mall than train station.
Iluminat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 11:08 AM   #1530
ascariss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluminat View Post
It's more like a shopping mall than train station.
Same can be said about the Berlin Hbf
Old September 16th, 2015, 12:01 PM   #1531
thompsongda

Likes (Received): 897

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascariss View Post
Same can be said about the Berlin Hbf
Not really. I mean, hbf is quite big, and there is not so many shops. Here you have station + mall, which is a difference. Anyway, railway station in Gdansk will be renovated (+ surrounding building such as small brewary etc.). Actually, it will be another phase of modernization. And it will look like this:

SRC_100, AlexisMD, Rombi liked this post
thompsongda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 03:49 PM   #1532
ascariss

I've seen the buildings being renovated for a while now and I've seen the visualizations as well from pkp, but still no word from them when real work will begin on the main station and the area around it.
Old September 16th, 2015, 04:54 PM   #1533
shashpant

Likes (Received): 713

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkk View Post
Operation top is 250kph, speed record during the tests is 293,5kph. In current timetable pendolinos reach at most 200kph in the 80 kilometres long CMK line section, but in 2016 number of lines prepared for 200kph will increase to more than 200 kilometres
What you are telling is the top rated speed on Pendolino. Heck even the same model CHinese CRH-5 doesn't do 250, max is 243kph.

What I was interested in actual top speed that was attained during daily travel and cumulative average speed. 200 seems low for pendolino.
shashpant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 05:29 PM   #1534
JanVL

Quote:
The Polish government will allocate PLN 67.5 billion to investments in its railway infrastructure to 2023, according to the national railway program to 2023, approved by the cabinet Tuesday.
http://www.warsawvoice.pl/WVpage/pag...php/33025/news

That's roughly 16.9 billion euro.
Old September 16th, 2015, 08:42 PM   #1535
JanVL

And more details

Quote:
Poland to invest over PLN 67 bn in railway infrastructure until 2023

The Polish government has approved the National Railway Programme (KPK) 2014-2023, the largest ever railway investment plan with PLN 67 bn (EUR 16 bn) to be allocated until 2023. The objectives of the programme are to reduce journey times between major Polish cities, to propose an alternative to road and air transport, to increase the availability of railway transport in many regions of the country, to strengthen interregional connections, to improve safety and efficiency of the railway sector.

PKP Polish Railway Lines (PKP PLK) will be responsible for carrying out the investment projects. The company will soon announce PLN 11 bn tenders for various railway infrastructure modernisation projects including Warsaw – Lublin (PLN 3.5 bn), Wroclaw – Poznan (PLN 1.5 bn), Warsaw – Poznan (PLN 2.6 bn).

Part of the projects will receive PLN 7.5 bn in co-financing from the European Union under CEF (Connecting Europe Facility).

“The National Railway Programme is a strategy that will define the role of railways in the next years. This is a historic opportunity for the Polish railways and the entire transport system of the country“ , stated Marcin Mochocki, board member of PKP PLK.

KPK investments also include development projects for Rzeszow – Kielce – Lublin – Bialystok – Olsztyn route, the railway connections to the ports of Szczecin, Swinoujscie, Gdansk and Gdynia, the implementation of ERTMS in Poland, including GSM-R and ETCS.

According to a “Rail construction in Poland in 2015-2020. Investments – Companies – Statistics – Forecasts – Prices” report published by PMR consultancy, the value of construction output in the rail segment in 2015 will likely exceed PLN 6 bln for the first time.
http://www.think-railways.com/poland...re-until-2023/

dimlys1994, Urbanista1 liked this post
Old September 16th, 2015, 09:31 PM   #1536
xkk
Buja mnie Łódź ;-)

Likes (Received): 3051

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashpant View Post
What you are telling is the top rated speed on Pendolino. Heck even the same model CHinese CRH-5 doesn't do 250, max is 243kph.

What I was interested in actual top speed that was attained during daily travel and cumulative average speed. 200 seems low for pendolino.
Polish pendolino is available to operate with 250kph during daily travel but our infrastructure is not. However, the 230kph will be introduced at CMK line before 2020
xkk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 11:10 PM   #1537
thompsongda

Likes (Received): 897

For me, it doesnt really matter if it's 250 or 350km/h. I still dont get it, why pendos stops on ?10? small stations on a line Gdynia-Warszawa for example. I mean, this is sooooo dumb...
thompsongda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2015, 12:01 AM   #1538
kebe

Iława Główna - Malbork - Tczew are 3 stops... not 10.
In Malbork all trains still need to lower speed because of bend so stoping there isn't really big deal.
Old September 17th, 2015, 11:07 AM   #1539
ascariss

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsongda View Post
For me, it doesnt really matter if it's 250 or 350km/h. I still dont get it, why pendos stops on ?10? small stations on a line Gdynia-Warszawa for example. I mean, this is sooooo dumb...
As mentioned by Kebe it is only 3 stops, and the reason those stops exist is because of the EU funding. In order for PKP to receive EU funding for the purchase of the trains, the EU demanded the trains stop in the smaller towns.

I believe this is up to some specific date, I believe 10 years from the start of the contract, so maybe up till 2024. Same goes for international travel, EU agreement does not allow the trains to leave Poland for 10 years, so again 2024, and 2025 would be the earliest time before a Pendolino could go from Poland to some other EU country.

Hopefully PKP will be able to purchase more pendolino trains in the future to allow for different routes or international travel but I feel a train capable of 300+ would be a better option for international travel and not the current pendolinos.
Old September 17th, 2015, 01:37 PM   #1540
chauffeur
Karyna Królów

Likes (Received): 10276

Revitalisation/reconstruction of the railway viaduct from 1928 and the nearby area in Lublin.
How it look before:
How it looks now:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ju-ram51 View Post
How will it look:

dimlys1994, SRC_100, DualMana, ascariss, Rombi and 2 others liked this post
chauffeur está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
railway, trains