daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 20th, 2011, 01:31 AM   #2021
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7681

Last edited by CrazySerb; May 21st, 2011 at 01:21 AM.
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2011, 01:32 AM   #2022
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Last edited by CrazySerb; May 21st, 2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old May 20th, 2011, 09:48 PM   #2023
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojnowianin View Post
Szeged-Sofia 634 km, almost 100 km of motorways to be completed very soon
Szeged-Mako, Arad-Timisoara.
(606 through Serbia)
First i calculaed distance to the same point northernexit of Szeged and it is 609 trough Serbia and 654 trough RO. So it will still be 554km motorway missing and do you know what is it to drive 550km on normal "highway"? And what 100km?
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 09:56 PM   #2024
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

So far for the great Photobucket services... Never use photobucket on SSC, you'll run out of bandwidth in no-time.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #2025
Fargo Wolf
Resident Smartass.

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
So far for the great Photobucket services... Never use photobucket on SSC, you'll run out of bandwidth in no-time.
It's great for posting a few pics, but en masse, not so good.
Old May 21st, 2011, 01:25 AM   #2026
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Quote:
I've been using Photobucket ever since I first registered here, so a good 10+ years. It has never really failed me before, and even when there's a glitch like today, its usually my fault. So all in all, I stand by Photobucket - its not perfect but its easily the best photo hosting site out there

And there...its fixed, as easy as 1-2-3

Some good news today - it has just been said that construction of the so-called "China-Serbia Friendship Bridge", connecting two of Belgrade's municipalities across the Danube river, will begin next month. The new bridge will be about ~1,500 meters in length:

Last edited by CrazySerb; May 21st, 2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old May 21st, 2011, 03:02 AM   #2027
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
I don't think it will "steal" much traffic either, the Serbian route will be entirely motorway within 2 years, as opposed to many regular two-lane highways throughout Romania and northern Bulgaria.
People who really want to save money and know the route. will use the Romania route. It does not matter that the roads are not all motorway. Serbian motorway tax is just insane, I heart that it is the highest tax about 20 € for one passing, that is incredible and just very dumb!!! For such a price, all of serbias motorways should have been like the Struma motorway or the Ljulin motorway. Romania have a lot of good two and 3 to 4 lane roads when I passed it last time. The asphalt was very smooth and the roads looked nice and were not curvy. When Bulgaria finishes the "E-79 nationalroad" to Sofia with the extremly high nationalroad standart like Dupnica - Dolna Dykania, then there is no reason to use Serbias motorways anymore. Cause the E-79 nationalroad is smoother then any motorway, it is even smoother then the Struma motorway and when it is the same quality all the way til Vidin, only high fuel prices will force people go through Serbia, cause iwth high fuel prices people will not be able to save much going through romania and having a bigger distance.

Anyway it is a shame that Serbia and Croatia charge people 20 € or more for one passing of their country and their shite motorways. Slovenia has very good motorways and is far cheaper. Hungary has much better motorways aswell and is way cheaper. So I think EU should do something against it and force prices down so they are reasonable for people to pay. People can't use the old route Slovenia Croatia anymore and see the Alps without paying a lot more cause of incredible passing prices in Croatia.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 06:54 AM   #2028
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

what is cheaper Slovenia? How come? It is 15€ for 7 days that means 15€ for one crossing.
And it is just strange how you are the only one that see th difference between Croatian and Slovenian motorways quality. They are the same, but never mind. I agree that all tolls in ex YU are high, but still I think Bulgaria is the only country that charges every single road
Old May 21st, 2011, 08:29 AM   #2029
EUSERB
Anti-EU

Likes (Received): 2523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
People who really want to save money and know the route. will use the Romania route. It does not matter that the roads are not all motorway. Serbian motorway tax is just insane, I heart that it is the highest tax about 20 € for one passing, that is incredible and just very dumb!!! For such a price, all of serbias motorways should have been like the Struma motorway or the Ljulin motorway. Romania have a lot of good two and 3 to 4 lane roads when I passed it last time. The asphalt was very smooth and the roads looked nice and were not curvy. When Bulgaria finishes the "E-79 nationalroad" to Sofia with the extremly high nationalroad standart like Dupnica - Dolna Dykania, then there is no reason to use Serbias motorways anymore. Cause the E-79 nationalroad is smoother then any motorway, it is even smoother then the Struma motorway and when it is the same quality all the way til Vidin, only high fuel prices will force people go through Serbia, cause iwth high fuel prices people will not be able to save much going through romania and having a bigger distance.

Anyway it is a shame that Serbia and Croatia charge people 20 € or more for one passing of their country and their shite motorways. Slovenia has very good motorways and is far cheaper. Hungary has much better motorways aswell and is way cheaper. So I think EU should do something against it and force prices down so they are reasonable for people to pay. People can't use the old route Slovenia Croatia anymore and see the Alps without paying a lot more cause of incredible passing prices in Croatia.
Don't worry even if things don't change ALLOT of people are going for or from Turkey via Serbia and as much as i know they go via Bulgaria also,so don't worry and as i said before,when those motorways finish building in Bulgaria and Romania it will be ~2018 considering the current pace of building and in that time Serbia will be already a member of eu and maybe schengen,if not then maybe in 2020,so things will stay the same considering the routes people take,only there will be no more borders
EUSERB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:29 AM   #2030
ChrisZwolle
Road user

If you travel through Serbia you also don't need to buy the Romanian vignette. You still need the Bulgarian vignette, but I don't think the route via Romania, which is several hours longer than through Serbia, is better than a few bucks extra for Serbian tolls.
Old May 21st, 2011, 11:43 AM   #2031
Radish2

Quote:
I don't think it will "steal" much traffic either, the Serbian route will be entirely motorway within 2 years, as opposed to many regular two-lane highways throughout Romania and northern Bulgaria.
Quote:
If you travel through Serbia you also don't need to buy the Romanian vignette. You still need the Bulgarian vignette, but I don't think the route via Romania, which is several hours longer than through Serbia, is better than a few bucks extra for Serbian tolls.
But the tools are unrasonably high in Serbia especially. 20 € and more for one crossing, that is just incredible. People who are going from Bulgaria to Turkey pay 5 € and people who go this direction have a lot of motorway use and otherwise good quality 4 lane roads. I have nothing against Serbia, however I have something against their high prices, cause they know people must use serbia or they have several 100 kilometers more and rap the people!!! Croatia is even dumber, cause most people go through Hungary and they earn far less then with reasonable prices. People are interested in going through the Alps but Croatia makes it not possible unless you pay a lot more.

Quote:
what is cheaper Slovenia? How come? It is 15€ for 7 days that means 15€ for one crossing.
And it is just strange how you are the only one that see th difference between Croatian and Slovenian motorways quality. They are the same, but never mind. I agree that all tolls in ex YU are high, but still I think Bulgaria is the only country that charges every single road
Slovenian motorways are softer and smoother. Especially i loved the motorway from the border to Ljubljana, altough it is ot that new it is very smooth. And they look much better.

Last edited by Radish2; May 21st, 2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old May 21st, 2011, 12:11 PM   #2032
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
Bulgaria does not charge every single road. They charge att he border for all roads and that's it. And people who use it to pass the country will eventually travel on motorway, except they go to Macedonia, but even then it is likely they use the Ljulin motorway at least. When people go to Turkey they wil use the Trakia and marica motorway. And the nationalroads are very good and worth paying 5 €.
Old May 21st, 2011, 02:32 PM   #2033
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

if you want to enter Bulgaria you have to pay toll so I think it is the only case in Europe that you pay the money for entering the state
So it is not yours to give a lectures.
So Bulgarian national roads are worth 5€ and motorways in Croatia and Serbia are not
And again let me repeat the question how come it is cheaper trough Slovenia when it is 15€? And the quality of the road is the same as in Croatia.
Old May 21st, 2011, 02:59 PM   #2034
Belgrader

Likes (Received): 405

If tolls were the only expensive thing in Serbia and Croatia it would be great.
Old May 21st, 2011, 03:59 PM   #2035
wojnowianin
człowiek ze wschodu

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
... which is several hours longer than through Serbia, is better than a few bucks extra for Serbian tolls.
Are you sure about that? Try to say this to people who spend a few hours either in Horgos or Kalotina only to cross the stupid border

About taxes in Serbia: Don't remember about new highway sections. When you consider full payment on Novi Sad-Horgos section (surely a lot more than current two toll gates) you will get really incredible amount of money
wojnowianin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 04:11 PM   #2036
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Are you sure about that? Try to say this to people who spend a few hours either in Horgos or Kalotina only to cross the stupid border
As far as I know waiting times have been significantly reduced in recent years. Those multiple-hours queues are only when there is a mass exodus of gastarbeiters to Bulgaria or Western European Turks to Turkey.
Old May 21st, 2011, 04:13 PM   #2037
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Serbia still doesn't have high tolls. lucky you! tolls in HR are much higher, not to mention Italy, and especially France and Spain, those tolls are high and incredible!
(or those things with Alps' tunnels or Denmark's bridges - i have never seen Radi commenting it)
Old May 21st, 2011, 04:28 PM   #2038
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
Quote:

About taxes in Serbia: Don't remember about new highway sections. When you consider full payment on Novi Sad-Horgos section (surely a lot more than current two toll gates) you will get really incredible amount of money
Exactly my point!

Quote:
if you want to enter Bulgaria you have to pay toll so I think it is the only case in Europe that you pay the money for entering the state
So it is not yours to give a lectures.
So Bulgarian national roads are worth 5€ and motorways in Croatia and Serbia are not
And again let me repeat the question how come it is cheaper trough Slovenia when it is 15€? And the quality of the road is the same as in Croatia.
Do i need to remind you that when you pay 30 € you get a half year vigniette. When people travel frequently it is quiet cheap. Not like Croatia 20 e for one passing, so please man, don't try to tell me Croatia has same prices. And i told you before, Slovenia has better looking motorways with the great style of crashbarriers and much softer asphalt. Also the asphalt has a different color, it is somehow brown and similar to the struma motorway and E-79 nationalroad, not like Croatia oldfashioned motorways man.
Old May 21st, 2011, 04:35 PM   #2039
autobahnracer

Likes (Received): 25

I don't think ~20eur toll for crossing serbia is unreasonable. Going from Horgos(HU border) fo Gradina(BG border) you have some 350km of full motorway with a very reasonable quality (from around Novi Sad to Nis) thus making you save much time (more than a few hours) versus the alternative route through Romania and northern Bulgaria. Fuel prices are also not higher than other countries in the region.
And consider that when Danube bridge 2 (Vidin-Calafat) is ready, passing it won't be free. Taxes of 5-7 euro for cars have been mentionned.
Tolls in some countries as France or Italy, for example, can be as high as 15eur for ~150km, so i don't think tolls in Serbia are expensive at all.

Radish2, don't worry: someone who really wants to save a few bucks wouldn't even drive by car from western Europe to Bulgaria/Turkey/Greece. He would rather take a low cost flight for some 50 eur.

Last edited by autobahnracer; May 21st, 2011 at 04:49 PM.
autobahnracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 04:37 PM   #2040
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1593

Google translated

SERBIA | FRIDAY, 20.05.2011 | 16:40

Serbian Minister of Infrastructure: No toll increase

SOURCE: TANJUG

Belgrade - Serbian Minister of Energy and Infrastructure Milutin Mrkonjic said that the need to re-examine the proposal for price increase tolls .

He believes that the possible price increase tolls would not significantly improve the condition of roads, stating that the Serbian retail funds allocated for roads, but it's not the way to see the issue as solved.

Mrkonjic said that the government has twice refused a request for price increase tolls and that he was always opposed to any price increases, especially in times of crisis when people live difficult and announced that if the government decides that subsets tolls to be against.

He said in a statement RTS said that there are more than 8,000 employees working in transport companies, from which have already been announced and strikes if the subsets toll.

Toll could be from 1 subsets of July that an additional 11 percent. The Serbian government has twice so far rejected such proposals, and the "Roads of Serbia" say that the only way that the road network in the country is safe.

Mrkonjić said that Corridor 10 on the highway from Subotica through Belgrade to Nis, Dimitrovgrad and Vranje today to open site in a length of 170 kilometers.

To the north is open to 120 kilometers, with the bridge Beska, near Belgrade, where the bypass is being built 10 kilometers, or on the part of the drum Potok Strazevica seven miles, which is building the tunnel Strazevica and three large building, said Mrkonjić.

On the part of Dimitrovgrad it is 25 kilometers to the south and another 10 kilometers, he added Mrkonjić.

He announced that by mid-year to July, to be completed 120 kilometers to the north and most Beška to August, and the entire Northern Corridor 10 will be completed later this year.

Mrkonjic said that 60 miles has already been completed and that this year will be 170 km of highway completed, and that the tender for another 50 kilometers and completed tenders for another 50 kilometers.

Thus, 330 km of highway will be built than half of this year, with deadlines for about two years, said Mrkonjić.
sallae2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija