daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 22nd, 2011, 07:31 AM   #2061
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
You ahve to pay for regular roads in Romania aswell and I am sure there are also other countreis were this is the fact.
That is one more minus for using route Bulgaria-Romania. So now it is not anymore 15€ vs. 0, but 15€ + few hours shorter + less fuel vs. ( 6€ Romanian price)

And I am sure there is no other country in Europe tha charge for regular roads.
Quote:
There are enough, more then enough roads in Bulgaria that are incredible and high standart, if you want to see them, I would have to upload 1000 pics or more.
Please don't upload it here, please do upload it in Bulgarian section I am anxious to see them.
Quote:
The struma motorway has dust now, yes. But it has still better asphalt then parts of Croatian A3.
What makes Struma ugly and not safe for driving.
And which part of Croatian A3? Because they have renovated it entirely.

Last edited by Bad_Hafen; May 22nd, 2011 at 09:17 AM.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:48 AM   #2062
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1593

I like competition over customers, but in this case, it seems we may have to wait ... (1 € = 4.12 Romanian leu, 1 € = 1.96 Bulgarian lev)

Quote:
Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:37 am Post subject:

Hi - Just done a weekend trip to Timisoara in my estate car to visit friends and used the Vidin/Calafat route.

Jump the queue of lorries at Vidin and proceed directly to the head of the ramp. Paid 26 Euro or 52 Leva in my case for the one way ferry trip. Arrived in Calafat 25 minutes later and on clearing passport control was asked to pay 30 Lei Port Tax! Calafat is a mess at the moment because of all the road construction works associated with the new bridge crossing ! Stopped at first petrol Station and bought my 7 day Vinette - another 24 Lei.

Return journey arrived at Calafat Port at 15.30 and had to pay the 30 Lei Port Tax again before they would let me into the area. Pulled up at the ferry booth and paid 26 Euro or 90 Lei in my case for the return ferry crossing even though the price list quoted 80 Lei !!! was told this was due to the Lei/Euro exchange rate. Told next ferry would depart at 17.30 unless more vehicles arrived as i was only one of 3 vehicles at the moment ! Fortunately a fleet of lorries arrived and we sailed at 16.00 hours.

Hope this info is usefull to other travellers thinking of taking this route.
Quote:
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:38 pm Post subject: ferry
hi, we paid 120 lev for a camper van. coming back with a transit was a little cheaper. hope that helps.
Quote:
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:52 pm Post subject:
dose not run 24 hour used it early november missed last one at midnight..next one was 07.00..would not use again bad route and cost too much
quotes are from My Bulgaria Forum
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:19 AM   #2063
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

^ Hopefully the new bridge will end those forms of robbery once and for all.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:59 AM   #2064
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Will the bridge be tolled?
Old May 22nd, 2011, 11:39 AM   #2065
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

^ Yes, and the toll station will be placed on the Romanian bank:

nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:10 PM   #2066
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

whoopsadaisy
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:19 PM   #2067
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
But in Serbia and Croatia you cam drive without any tolls, completely free. In Bulgaria you cannot do it. How about that?
that does not matter at all. The few quid you pay are worth seeing Bulgaria. The nationalrodads are build like that you have no traffic lights and so on and a lot of junctions are two level so you don't have to wait. They are nationalroads but have motorway asphalt. And as I explained you several times. A tourist who wants to pass Bulgaria will use a motorway, so you aktually pay for the motorways. he will either go direction Greece or Direction Turkey, and there he will use motorway.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:26 PM   #2068
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
that does not matter at all. The few quid you pay are worth seeing Bulgaria. The nationalrodads are build like that you have no traffic lights and so on and a lot of junctions are two level so you don't have to wait. They are nationalroads but have motorway asphalt. And as I explained you several times. A tourist who wants to pass Bulgaria will use a motorway, so you aktually pay for the motorways. he will either go direction Greece or Direction Turkey, and there he will use motorway.
well the same is here. btw there is a significant number of tourists avoiding the motorways, traveling in campers and wanting to see surroundings and little cities.
which BG national road has multileveled junctions?
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:32 PM   #2069
Tego
·!¦[· (17:50) ·]¦!

Likes (Received): 9461

Quote:
well the same is here. btw there is a significant number of tourists avoiding the motorways, traveling in campers and wanting to see surroundings and little cities.
which BG national road has multileveled junctions?
Е80 Sofia - Slivnitsa for example.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:34 PM   #2070
Radish2

also the E-79 at many places.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:42 PM   #2071
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Quote:
And are not worth seeing Serbia or Croatia?
And what is the motorway quality of asphalt?
But i guess you will not answer the question same as all others you were ignoring
Quote:
And which part of Croatian A3?
How do you comment on Austrian tunnel prices?
what is cheaper Slovenia? How come?how come it is cheaper trough Slovenia when it is 15€?
until now 6 unanswered questions and counting

Last edited by Bad_Hafen; May 22nd, 2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:49 PM   #2072
Radish2

Quote:
But in Serbia and Croatia you cam drive without any tolls, completely free. In Bulgaria you cannot do it. How about that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
Ofcourse it is worth seeing Serbia and Croatia, I like the area arround Nis a lot with it's steep mountains and rocks. Croatia is more a flat country where the motorway passes but is mountainious at other places. I just don't find it reasonable to charge 15 - 20 € for one passing, that is incredible. And even if they charge only 15 € it is a lot in Croatia. Hungary charges 8 €, Slovenia is also cheap, since when you travel there often, the cost will be reduced a lot. Austria charges a lot for the tunnels. But croatians A3 motorway is entirely flat so the building and maintanance are not at expensive. Most Bulgarian roads have a lot of enbarkments and bridges and are expensive to build and maintain and Bulgaria has less transit traffic. Just get it, it is not reasonable to charge that much, since so many people are using these countries anyway, they would do well with 10 € per passing at least.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:55 PM   #2073
Radish2

Quote:
But i guess you will not answer the question same as all others you were ignoring

The Bulgarian nationalroads have asphalt like this one:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/1011140.jpg/
Or better. You know that since I am talking a lot about the E-79 with it's motorway asphalt.

The Austrian tunnel prices are indeet pretty expensive and they should aktually be much cheaper indeet.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:58 PM   #2074
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

There is no such thing as "motorway asphalt".
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:59 PM   #2075
Radish2

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
There is no such thing as "motorway asphalt".
They use same type of asphalt and thickness as on motorways, that is at least my intention, when travelling on the E-79, Dupnica Dolna Dykania, since it feels very thick and very even.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 02:14 PM   #2076
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Quote:
Ofcourse it is worth seeing Serbia and Croatia, I like the area arround Nis a lot with it's steep mountains and rocks. Croatia is more a flat country where the motorway passes but is mountainious at other places. I just don't find it reasonable to charge 15 - 20 € for one passing, that is incredible. And even if they charge only 15 € it is a lot in Croatia. Hungary charges 8 €, Slovenia is also cheap, since when you travel there often, the cost will be reduced a lot. Austria charges a lot for the tunnels. But croatians A3 motorway is entirely flat so the building and maintanance are not at expensive. Most Bulgarian roads have a lot of enbarkments and bridges and are expensive to build and maintain and Bulgaria has less transit traffic. Just get it, it is not reasonable to charge that much, since so many people are using these countries anyway, they would do well with 10 € per passing at least.
So Slovenian 15€ is cheap and Serbian 14€ is expensive?
Bulgaria has more transit than Croatia I am sure, beacuse all those gastarbeiter must go trough Bulgaria, but they can avoid Croatia.
And A3 is not the only motorway in Croatia and the price is set on state level for every motorways.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 02:23 PM   #2077
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Quote:
The Bulgarian nationalroads have asphalt like this one:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/1011140.jpg/
Or better. You know that since I am talking a lot about the E-79 with it's motorway asphalt.

The Austrian tunnel prices are indeet pretty expensive and they should aktually be much cheaper indeet.
And what is the difference between that asphalt and this one on Croatian D1?
And you say as if all Bulgarian roads are like E79 and you know that it is the only one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Cross View Post
Lička magistrala D1

Između Knina i Gračaca

Obilaznica Udbine

Između Udbine i Korenice

Brza cesta Udbina-Gornja Ploča, spoj D1 s A1

Old May 22nd, 2011, 02:25 PM   #2078
Radish2

How many times do I have to explain to you, that people who travel frequently will buy the yearly vigniette in Slovenia. When they travel 8 times though the country, they allready pay less then in Croatia. since 8 * 15 is 120€. and when they go more often through Slovenia, the price is being reduced even more while it get's higher in Croatia and Serbia.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 02:27 PM   #2079
Radish2

Quote:
And what is the difference between that asphalt and this one on Croatian D1?
And you say as if all Bulgarian roads are like E79 and you know that it is the only one.
Quote:
Aktually the road i showed you was the E-80 nationalroad, not the E-79 nationalroad
Old May 22nd, 2011, 02:29 PM   #2080
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Slovenian Vignette is 95€.
So you have to dive at least 7 times to be cheaper and if you travel 4 times as majority do, it is more expensive.
Quote:
Aktually the road i showed you was the E-80 nationalroad, not the E-79 nationalroad
so all roads in Bulgaria are like that?

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija