daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 1st, 2011, 03:30 PM   #2121
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7703

Belgrade's Ada bridge - May update

CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2011, 04:44 PM   #2122
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_just_a_lurker View Post
It means 'new plantation'. It's Neoplanta in Latin, a calque of the Serbian word.
By the way, hi everyone! I've been following this thread (and the other one about Belgrade skyscrapers) for about a year now and finally decided to post my first post now.
Keep up the good work.
welcome
But I have to give my 2 cents about NS, sad is old word for garden.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 09:44 PM   #2123
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
welcome
But I have to give my 2 cents about NS, sad is old word for garden.
By all means do.
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 09:48 PM   #2124
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Corridor 10 to be finished in 2013

Quote:
31.5.2011 15:00:00 | Author/Source PressCut

All construction works on Corridor 10 highway through Serbia will be completed by 2013, as informed by Serbian Infrastructure Minister Milutin Mrkonjic. Mrkonjic confirmed that the works on Corridor 10 were in delay and that the previously set deadlines for completion would not be met.

The minister also informed that 60 kilometers of the highway were completed, while 120 kilometers would be completed by the end of 2011. Mrkonjic pointed out that the entire highway is under construction. Construction works are mostly done by Serbian companies.
(B92 )
Promises, promises
Old June 3rd, 2011, 06:54 PM   #2125
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Neat video ... Gumballers arriving in Belgrade the other day, on their way from London to Istanbul:

Old June 4th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #2126
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Construction work on Belgrade's motorway bypass...Batajnica-Dobanovci section:

Old June 4th, 2011, 05:23 PM   #2127
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Speaking of the bypass...aerial view of Belgrade's road & rail bypass bridges at Ostruznica:

Grainy aerial photo of the old & new Beska bridge, Belgrade-Novi Sad motorway:

[img]http://i51.************/2643vy1.jpg[/img]
Old June 4th, 2011, 05:43 PM   #2128
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Expropriation of the section Lajkovac-Ljig

Quote:
LAJKOVAC, 4 June 2011. (Beta) - 89 acres of land expropriation in lajkovačkoj municipality for the section Belgrade-South Adriatic Sea, from Lajkovac to Ljig is ongoing, said on Saturday the municipal administration in this area.

As the reporters told the municipal administration, the territory of the municipalities share the highway to go through the village Ljig Strmovo, Rubribreza, Bogovadja, Lower Lajkovac Pepeljevac and Cells, and land acquisition was started with 30 requests in the cadastral municipality Rubribreza.

The price of land determined the Department of Tax Administration in Valjevo and it is 10,000 dinars per aru agricultural land, and 15,000 to 30,000 dinars for the fire building land.

Works on the highway Belgrade-South Adriatic Sea began in July 2010. on a section of Ub-Lajkovac 12.5 kilometers long, and the investment is worth about 73 million euros.
That would be section 5 on this map:
Old June 4th, 2011, 06:48 PM   #2129
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

^ First of all, thank you for the pictures of those impressive bridges.

Second of all, and sorry if someone else already put the question and get an answer, but why they chose to build first section of the motorway between Ub and Lajkovac? The road is more congested there or there is another reason?
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #2130
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

Autoput Juzhni Jadran, I suppose that translate to "South Adriatic Motorway"?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #2131
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Correct.
Alex_ZR está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 12:40 AM   #2132
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
^ First of all, thank you for the pictures of those impressive bridges.

Second of all, and sorry if someone else already put the question and get an answer, but why they chose to build first section of the motorway between Ub and Lajkovac? The road is more congested there or there is another reason?
I'm not 100% sure but I believe that has to with land expropriation - Ub-Lajkovac was probably the first section where it was completed. Also, they still haven't made up their mind concerning the route of the Belgrade-Obrenovac motorway (sections 1&2 on the previous map)...whether it should run down the left or right bank of the Sava river:

Old June 5th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #2133
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Since this has already been a bridge-heavy page, here are a few photos of the ongoing reconstruction work on Belgrade's Gazelle bridge - the city's busiest (~160k AADT)

Old June 5th, 2011, 10:17 PM   #2134
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

Here's the text from 'Blic' daily newspapers about the quality (or rather a lack of) of Serbian road network. It's in Serbian, but I provided a google translation. I made corrections where necessary.

Quote:
Our roads worst in the region
5 Jun, 2011 - 13:49 News Comments (17) English

Hundreds of millions of euros are spent on maintenance of roads in Serbia and they are still mottled with black sections. The worst roads are in Pirot, according to a survey of International Association of road safety. International Road Assessment Programme in Serbia (IRAP) has estimated that only one section of Corridor 10 deserves a passing grade, while the World Bank has given to the Serbian roads 134th place by quality and value on the planet.

The general impression is that the roads in Serbia is among the worst in the region. "I every hole in the way of pain," said Minister of Infrastructure Milutin Mrkonjic that, despite all the real terms, consider that the roads in Serbia to the European average, but that they "need more investment in routine maintenance."

However, numerous studies, but the experience of drivers on the ground suggest otherwise. Perhaps one of the best roads in our assessment of it given by the World Bank.

"Roads in Serbia by the quality and safety until the 134th place on the list of the World Bank, and its value is estimated at 13 billion dollars, "was assessed in the study of this institution.

The Cashew Road of Serbia ", the company that answers for the state of the roads in the country, a year being left at least 300 million euros. That income, according to Zoran Drobnjak, Director of the company, about 150 million of toll collection, which is about 180 million of excise taxes. When asked where all the money goes, Drobnjak corresponds to invest in a landslide, the design of Corridor 10 highways.

"In order to regularly maintain all 11,000 kilometers of roads, need at least two billion euros a year, and there would certainly be good roads. The road nothing has invested 20 years. It is made mostly what is financed by European banks," says " flash "Zoran Drobnjak, director of" Roads of Serbia ".

He states that "Roads of Serbia" a year invested in maintenance and rehabilitation of our roads between 17 and 18 billion dinars (170 to 180 million euros), while refusing to say in these affairs of a company, such as "Nibens group, headed by controversial and recently arrested businessman Milo Đurašković, were favored.

The situation is not great even when it comes to building new roads. For three years, only 60 were built for seven years, 144 kilometers. Road construction is burdened by corruption, a construction project of the European Corridor 10, fell into a number of irregularities, says Milica Trifkovic, managing director of private companies to build roads "GEOPUT. She decided to draw attention to the European institutions. In an interview for the news site of the European Union "Trend", pointed out that in many tenders give priority to certain domestic companies, but also to many routes of great importance there are no construction projects or project documentation.

Ibar highway, section by Sevojno and Pozega, the path that leads to Homolje mountains, time-Zlatibor Uzice, are just some of the sections where the pavement condition due to poor or inadequate security solutions drivers questioned. In the opinion of Milan Bozovic, a professor at the Faculty of Transport, najnebezbedniji routes in the country are Ibar highway and direction of the New e. to. For most of the time since the New e. to there is only one lane, while in the opposite direction, drivers are available for two (plus one extra). So, part of Corridor 10 has three traffic lanes, two in the direction of Novi Sad, and one in the direction of Horgos.

Bozovic, however, said that the Serbian roads are the worst in the region.

"Roads of Serbia was necessary to devote special care, in terms of traffic safety in the design, maintenance, reconstruction and construction of roads and thus cause an increase in traffic safety," said Bozovic.

Security experts draw attention to the sloppiness road workers, but also the fact that the law protects them from liability for accidents. More in 2009. was found that there are even 262 black spots on Serbian roads.

Security parameters in terms of risk of traffic accidents in our country are not as bad as the bad roads, said Krsto Lipovac, a professor at the Police College.

Specifically, drivers compensate for deficiencies in the way, so it made so. compensation for risk, ie. change the behavior of the parts of the times that are obviously bad and unsafe. Especially reducing the speed on these sections. Our study shows that the road is obviously dangerous parts of rare accidents, and that the most dangerous in the hidden shares. Our first recommendation is therefore to be regular, annual process of identifying hot spots and dangerous sections, and that they immediately mark, so as to be easily identifiable to drivers - says Lipovac.

Serbia in the period 1992nd - 2010. had increased the number of injured in road accidents by 6.9 percent. During that time, many European countries have managed to reduce the number of killed and injured in accidents, and the best results had France - as much as 50 percent.

The worst results in terms of number of traffic accidents during the 1991st - 2010. with Romania (+227.5 percent), Slovenia (+67.3 percent) and Bulgaria (+65.0 percent).

Corridor 10 - What is currently being done?
Corridor 10 works are currently taking place only in certain sections between Belgrade and, e. the bypass around Belgrade and Dimitrovgrad and the lower part near the Macedonian border. On the most difficult and most difficult sections in Grdelica gorge, as well as part of the corridor from Nis to Pirot, no work has not even begun. Most of the work in. On the section that begins on the 14th kilometer from Horgos to Novi Sad workers are finishing a long section of 700 meters, and minor works are carried out every few miles to Novi Sad. The Company's "Corridors of Serbia'' says it will complete section Horgos - Novi Sad will be completed by 20 July, and it announced, Oliver Dulic, Minister of Environment, Energy and Mining.

Taken from: Blic.rs

So, obviously the road network needs 4 times bigger investments than those that are annually allocated now. What's even worse, the real question is how much of that money spent today really ends up being spent on actual roads, and not some 'businessman's' or politician's pocket.

Last edited by not_just_a_lurker; June 5th, 2011 at 10:28 PM. Reason: edited because of length
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 10:32 PM   #2135
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I was told that motorway was suppose to be done back in the 1980s...
YU-AMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 11:03 PM   #2136
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16175

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Speaking of the bypass...aerial view of Belgrade's road & rail bypass bridges at Ostruznica:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2...0601162753.jpg
Let me for once find a better photo than you

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 11:13 PM   #2137
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3445

the statics of Gazela bridge is outstanding, that span is really incredible!
Old June 7th, 2011, 12:37 AM   #2138
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers
Likes (Received): 407

Without the intent of starting a political debate I ask for my curiosity:
- were there any bridges in Belgrade thorn apart by the NATO bombardments in 1999?

Please answer the question, not the bombardments issue.
danielstan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2011, 01:25 AM   #2139
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielstan View Post
Without the intent of starting a political debate I ask for my curiosity:
- were there any bridges in Belgrade thorn apart by the NATO bombardments in 1999?

Please answer the question, not the bombardments issue.
I dont know in detail, thought I googled out this:

BRIDGES (50 destroyed and 13 damaged): All primary bridges over rivers in Kosovo and Serbia have been hit, including a bridge in central Serbia struck on May 30, killing 11 people and injuring 40 traveling on their way to the market to buy groceries.

web

wiki says: Not counting the Đerdap dams on the Romanian border, Pančevo Bridge was the only bridge over the Danube in Serbia that wasn't destroyed by the NATO aviation during the bombing of Serbia from March 24 to June 12, 1999.

There is Ostruznica bridge: http://wikimapia.org/13396182/Ostruznica-Bridge

This motorway bridge pircture is from Novi Sad around 70 km north of Belgrado. web

There are images of some targets of Operation Allied Force, some bridges are there too: http://www.fas.org/irp/imint/kosovo-01-04.htm

Last edited by Surel; June 7th, 2011 at 01:50 AM. Reason: add info
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #2140
MHN
Romania

Likes (Received): 1420

Beside the works on the bridge of Motorway 1 inside Beograd, could someone please tell me if there are other works between Beograd and Sid?
Thanks in advance.

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija