daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 20th, 2011, 10:17 PM   #2221
Tihi_RSK

Likes (Received): 10

Niceeee:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Discovery channel's documentary on the building of Belgrade's new Sava river bridge ... well worth seeing

It is gona be a beautiful bridge !
Tihi_RSK no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2011, 12:14 PM   #2222
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

There have been various reports of Dutch people being fined in Serbia for not having an international driver's license. Is it correct it is necessary to have an international driver's license?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 02:29 PM   #2223
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

If Serbia wants to continue to enjoy visa-free travel to and eventually join the EU, then honouring EU driving licenses is necessary.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 03:17 PM   #2224
vectom

Likes (Received): 967

if EU wants to continue its citizens to enjoy driving in Serbia with EU driving licences without having international driving licences, then honouring Serbian driving licenses for EU roads driving is necessary.

Right?
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 04:52 PM   #2225
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18308

What's the difference between?
I have one like this

I had a look on the foreign affairs ministry website, where it says "Permisul de conducere
Permisul de conducere românesc este recunoscut.", which means the Romanian drivers license is recognized.

source: http://www.mae.ro/travel-conditions/3742#836
cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 05:47 PM   #2226
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1603

There is a today's news that some drivers from Austria complained about a fee of 150 € for not having IDL.
After an intervention from "ARBO" and Austrian Embassy this requirement has been lifted for Austrians.
I am hoping that we got promise that Austria will lift IDL requirement for drivers from Serbia.

I believe that IDL is required for Dutch drivers (like it is for drivers from some other countries, as well), but it could be the case that this was not enforced ... until recently.

Drivers from Serbia, for driving in other countries need IDL (20 €) and insurance card (20 €). As of 1.1.2012 insurance card wont be needed for most of European countries.
IDL is required for:
Austria, Bulgaria, France, Greece, Netherlands, Italy, Macedonia, Germany, Turkey, Great Britain
and is recommended for:
Norway, Romania, Slovakia, Swiss

For driving in Romania, Bulgaria and Greece a fire extinguisher is required.

edit:

Please, note that IDL requirements shown above is for drivers from Serbia, for driving in other countries.

I do not know IDL requirements for drivers from other countries, when driving in Serbia.

The info above is taken from Serbian Auto Association web site
http://www.amss.org.rs/index.php?opt...199&Itemid=138

Last edited by sallae2; June 22nd, 2011 at 11:45 PM.
sallae2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 11:53 PM   #2227
Belgrader

Likes (Received): 407

As far as I know, Serbian drivers need international license for EU roads, so it is natural that EU drivers need intl. license for Serbian roads. Right?
Old June 22nd, 2011, 10:11 AM   #2228
Christophorus

Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
There have been various reports of Dutch people being fined in Serbia for not having an international driver's license. Is it correct it is necessary to have an international driver's license?
Seems to be correct... thats crazy bullsh*** (sorry for that), here is a link from Austria (in german though)

http://***************/1308186466969/...Serbien-noetig
Christophorus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:09 AM   #2229
vectom

Likes (Received): 967

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
What's the difference between?
I have one like this

Republic of Serbia driver licence:

fulfills all current EU standards of documents' safety, biometric, chipped, databased, etc.

Now if EU (except handful of countries) requires citizens of Serbia to obtain International licence over this one, and fines Serbian drivers for not having them, I can't see anything wrong if Serbia requires international licences for EU drivers as well, and acts the very same.
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:29 AM   #2230
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18308

Yes, you are right, of course.

But what about the one I posted?

As I said, on the Romanian website of external affairs, it's stated that the Romanian license is OK. I didn't have troubles until now, I hope I won't have, cause I like driving to Serbia. Or maybe because RO didn't enforce the international to you, SRB didn't wither to RO?
cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 03:04 PM   #2231
alexQ

Likes (Received): 6

The Romanian driving llicense even the new model posted here isn't biometric or chipped,it is just a new model which is being issued for about 2 years now
alexQ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 04:09 PM   #2232
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectom View Post
if EU wants to continue its citizens to enjoy driving in Serbia with EU driving licences without having international driving licences, then honouring Serbian driving licenses for EU roads driving is necessary.

Right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgrader View Post
As far as I know, Serbian drivers need international license for EU roads, so it is natural that EU drivers need intl. license for Serbian roads. Right?
Politics is not always logical or fair. It often comes down to who wants what from whom and who has more power. I think Serbia wants to join the EU more than the least interested member states of the EU (since unanimity is required) want Serbia to join.

Similarly, the EU never changes its laws to conform to that of applicant states. The applicants are always required to change their law to conform with EU law. Is it fair? Maybe not, but that's the way it is.

Serbian driving licenses will automatically become valid throughout the EU when Serbia joins the EU.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 05:08 PM   #2233
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7704

That won't happen anytime soon...

Quote:
"Germany will demand that Serbia recognizes Kosovo"
Source: Beta

BELGRADE -- At the end of its EU accession talks, Serbia will have to recognize Kosovo - otherwise German MPs will not approve its accession to the organization.

This was heard today from a delegation of visiting German MPs, who held an informal conversation with reporters and editors of Belgrade-based media
http://www.b92.net/eng/news/politics...2&nav_id=75057
So, EU drivers better bring some extra euros while driving through Serbia
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 05:39 PM   #2234
ultrags

Likes (Received): 0

Batajnica-Dobanovci

Hello, I will ask my Serbian friends on Belgrade ring road from Novisad finished 22 Batajnica-Dobanovci. I drive to Nis next week later to Istanbul and will come from Hungary E75. To get rid of Belgrade downtown and bridge building, I run from Noviad-Batajnica-Dobanovci if it is done, and then to E75 Nis highway. How much is done by Subotico-Novisad highway?

Thanks

Last edited by ultrags; June 22nd, 2011 at 05:45 PM.
ultrags no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 06:05 PM   #2235
mcarling

Quote:
That won't happen anytime soon.
No one thinks that Serbia will join the EU soon (next five years) but progress is being made.

Quote:
So, EU drivers better bring some extra euros while driving through Serbia
Great. Just what Serbia needs -- more corruption. :-(
Old June 22nd, 2011, 10:30 PM   #2236
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

why corruption? if you are the one breaking law?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Politics is not always logical or fair. It often comes down to who wants what from whom and who has more power. I think Serbia wants to join the EU more than the least interested member states of the EU (since unanimity is required) want Serbia to join.

Similarly, the EU never changes its laws to conform to that of applicant states. The applicants are always required to change their law to conform with EU law. Is it fair? Maybe not, but that's the way it is.

Serbian driving licenses will automatically become valid throughout the EU when Serbia joins the EU.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 10:39 PM   #2237
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

^ I hope Serbia will join the EU very soon.

But wtf is "recommended"?? So it is compulsory or not? You have the "chance" to receive a fine or not? I hate things which are not "yes" or "no", but "maybe". Because some could be the victim of a police patrol which takes "recommended" too serious.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 10:45 PM   #2238
Pepov

Likes (Received): 9

Hello,

I am going to drive from Montenegro (Budva,Podgorica) to Beograd. How do the "21" and "22" look like? Are there any problems in traveling those roads? How fast i can drive there (i mean average speed, time of travel) I will be very thankful for any answers

Greetings from Poland
Pepov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:38 PM   #2239
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1603

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
^ I hope Serbia will join the EU very soon.

But wtf is "recommended"?? So it is compulsory or not? You have the "chance" to receive a fine or not? I hate things which are not "yes" or "no", but "maybe". Because some could be the victim of a police patrol which takes "recommended" too serious.
I will add a note to my previous post and try to make this clearer.
The info posted is for Serbian drivers, driving in other countries.
It is taken from Serbian Auto Association.
http://www.amss.org.rs/index.php?opt...199&Itemid=138

So, they recommend the drivers from Serbia to obtain IDL if they plan to drive in Romania.

I do not know if IDL is required for drivers from Romania, when driving in Serbia.
sallae2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:11 AM   #2240
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophorus View Post
Seems to be correct... thats crazy bullsh*** (sorry for that), here is a link from Austria (in german though)

http://***************/1308186466969/...Serbien-noetig
He pretty much said it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgrader View Post
Only drivers from countries which require Serbian drivers to have an international drivers license are required one for Serbia.

That's logical. Or why should you not have to have something in another persons home which you require him to have in yours? Do you think you're somehow better than him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Great. Just what Serbia needs -- more corruption. :-(
How is it corruption if you break a law and have to pay a fine? Bring your international drivers license and you won't have to pay the fine, it's very simple.
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija