daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:36 AM   #2241
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by MareCar View Post
That's logical. Or why should you not have to have something in another persons home which you require him to have in yours? Do you think you're somehow better than him?
The EU didn't ask to join Serbia. Serbia asked to join the EU.

Quote:
How is it corruption if you break a law and have to pay a fine? Bring your international drivers license and you won't have to pay the fine, it's very simple.
Enacting laws which criminalize behavior which does no harm to anyone else and does not risk harm to anyone else just to impose a discriminatory tax is a form of institutionalized corruption. Bad laws should be repealed.

If Serbian driving licenses are up to EU standards of testing before issuance and verification of authenticity, then the EU should honour Serbian driving licenses without an IDL.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2011, 01:20 AM   #2242
BND
Regisztrált felhasználó

Likes (Received): 277

It seems that the question of international driving licence is regulated by bilateral agreements between Serbia and other countries, not on Serbia-EU level. For example Hungarians don't need IDL in Serbia.
BND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 02:55 AM   #2243
vectom

Likes (Received): 967

that is the whole point.
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 05:38 AM   #2244
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
a) This has nothing to do with the EU, genius.

b) I know that Spiel, and you don't have to make it obvious, we all know that the EU is using the accession as a pressure tool. "You want to join us so conform with our demands and disregard our behaviour towards you, you are at the disadvantage and we are putting you into your place" . But it has nothing to do with this.

Quote:
Enacting laws which criminalize behavior which does no harm to anyone else and does not risk harm to anyone else just to impose a discriminatory tax is a form of institutionalized corruption. Bad laws should be repealed.
Then start in your own country, since they have exactly the same law which requires drivers from Serbia to carry an international drivers license or get denied entry or have to pay a fine. And contrary to Serbia, they have probably been enforcing it the past 20 years, while Serbia has just started enforcing it. But now suddenly Serbia is the bad, greedy guy because you are somehow superior to a Serb and shouldn't have the same rules applied to you which you apply to him?

Quote:
If Serbian driving licenses are up to EU standards of testing before issuance and verification of authenticity, then the EU should honour Serbian driving licenses without an IDL.
Nothing to do with EU, it has been explained several times already, there is even a map which shows the countries in question.

Quote:
Two wrongs don't make a right.
What kind of stupid crap is that? It is just fair that if some country demands Serbian drivers to have an IDL and to have to go through all the hassle and costs required to aquire one, Serbia does the same for the country in question. It's called reciprocity.

If you want it to be over, don't whine about Serbia as if they did something wrong, I am pretty sure they couldn't care less about your IDL, instead tell it to your own government which requires Serbian drivers to have one. As soon as they drop it, Serbia will do the same.
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 08:43 AM   #2245
mcarling

Quote:
a) This has nothing to do with the EU, genius.

b) I know that Spiel, and you don't have to make it obvious, we all know that the EU is using the accession as a pressure tool. "You want to join us so conform with our demands and disregard our behaviour towards you, you are at the disadvantage and we are putting you into your place" . But it has nothing to do with this.

Then start in your own country, since they have exactly the same law which requires drivers from Serbia to carry an international drivers license or get denied entry or have to pay a fine. And contrary to Serbia, they have probably been enforcing it the past 20 years, while Serbia has just started enforcing it. But now suddenly Serbia is the bad, greedy guy because you are somehow superior to a Serb and shouldn't have the same rules applied to you which you apply to him?

Nothing to do with EU, it has been explained several times already, there is even a map which shows the countries in question.

What kind of stupid crap is that? It is just fair that if some country demands Serbian drivers to have an IDL and to have to go through all the hassle and costs required to aquire one, Serbia does the same for the country in question. It's called reciprocity.

If you want it to be over, don't whine about Serbia as if they did something wrong, I am pretty sure they couldn't care less about your IDL, instead tell it to your own government which requires Serbian drivers to have one. As soon as they drop it, Serbia will do the same.
Your post makes a load of personal assumptions about me, most of which are false.

I haven't written that the way things are is the way things should be. I've written that the way things are is the way things are. Your complaint reduces to "life isn't fair." You're right. Life isn't fair. Get used to it.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 09:51 AM   #2246
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

The union with Russian brothers!
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:51 AM   #2247
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
I don't get the point? It is pure reciprocity system. Joining EU has nothing to do with the topic and EU is not some imaginary entity it is consisted of 27 states.
Quote:
T
really?
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:32 PM   #2248
Christophorus

Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
It is pure reciprocity system.
Thats not the problem, i simply ask (myself) why someone in Serbia excavates a law which is clearly from SFRJ-times and which was not applied for like twenty years! Even in the 90ies when Serbia was isolated by the UN-embargo no one was ever asking for an international driving license.
Christophorus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:35 PM   #2249
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

You don't need a visa for Serbia. You do not even need to bring a passport with you, an ID-card is sufficient. But you do need a international drivers' license? I think the whole idea behind the IDL is quite outdated... it dates back to 1949.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 01:54 PM   #2250
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

Quote:
Your post makes a load of personal assumptions about me, most of which are false.

I haven't written that the way things are is the way things should be. I've written that the way things are is the way things are. Your complaint reduces to "life isn't fair." You're right. Life isn't fair. Get used to it.
I make no personal assumptions, I ask questions.

It's the other way around. You complain that life is getting a bit fairer, and you obviously don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophorus View Post
Thats not the problem, i simply ask (myself) why someone in Serbia excavates a law which is clearly from SFRJ-times and which was not applied for like twenty years! Even in the 90ies when Serbia was isolated by the UN-embargo no one was ever asking for an international driving license.
It was and is applied in the countries in question against Serbian drivers. Ask them why they do it, Serbia just imitated their behaviour to show them what it's like for Serbian drivers, and we can now all see if you like to be treated the way you treat others. The countries in question should just drop the requirement for Serbian drivers to have an IDL, and Serbia will do the same.

Why? Because the current system (before they started enforcing it) is unfair and disadvantagious to Serbian drivers. So Serbia evened the field in the hopes that others would realize their mistakes. Serbia does very well know that the idea of an IDL is outdated and unnecessary, that's why they weren't enforcing it for twenty years. But now that Serbs can travel more freely, they still need to go trough the hassle and costs of getting an IDL, and that's what they want to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
But you do need a international drivers' license? I think the whole idea behind the IDL is quite outdated... it dates back to 1949.
Tell that to your government. It's reciprocity.
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 03:34 PM   #2251
mcarling

Quote:
I make no personal assumptions, I ask questions.

It's the other way around. You complain that life is getting a bit fairer, and you obviously don't like it.
There you go again, making assumptions about me and being wrong again. I haven't complained about fairness. I haven't complained about reciprocity. I haven't written anything at all about liking or disliking the situation or any part of it.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 04:27 PM   #2252
Christophorus

Likes (Received): 87

Vienna Convention on Road Traffic 1968:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vienna_...n_Road_Traffic
http://www.jus.uio.no/english/servic...ad_traffic.xml

Quote:
Article 41
Validity of driving permits

Contracting Parties shall recognize:

(a)

any domestic permit drawn up in their national language or in one of their national languages or, if not drawn up in such a language, accompanied by a certified translation;
(b)

any domestic permit conforming to the provisions of Annex 6 to this Convention; and
(c)

any international permit conforming to the provisions of Annex 7 to this Convention as valid for driving in their territories a vehicle coming within the categories covered by the permit, provided that the permit is still valid and that it was issued by another Contracting Party or sub-division thereof or by an association duly empowered thereto by such other Contracting Party. The provisions of this paragraph shall not apply to learner-driver permits.
2. ...
Quote:
Annex 6
Domestic driving permit

The domestic driving permit shall consist either of a sheet in format A7 (74 x 105 mm - 2.91 x 4.13 inches), or of a double (148 x 105 mm - 5.82 x 4.13 inches) or triple 222 x 105 mm - 8.78 x 4.13 inches) sheet which can be folded to that format. The colour shall be pink.

The permit shall be printed in the language or languages prescribed by the authority issuing it or empowered to issue it; it shall, however bear the title " Permis de conduire " in French, with or without the same title in other languages.

Handwritten or typed entries made on the permit shall either be in Latin characters or English cursive script only, or be repeated in that form.

So, concerning this, asking for international driving licences from serbian drivers in other countries, as well as searching for those in Serbia from foreign drivers are a breaking of the mentioned Vienna convention which is an international treaty in my opinion.

Sorry friends for getting this so far off topic, but some things should be getting cleared.
Christophorus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 04:47 PM   #2253
SrpskoNorvesko

Likes (Received): 40

[QUOTE=MareCar;80155008]It was and is applied in the countries in question against Serbian drivers. Ask them why they do it, Serbia just imitated their behaviour to show them what it's like for Serbian drivers, and we can now all see if you like to be treated the way you treat others. The countries in question should just drop the requirement for Serbian drivers to have an IDL, and Serbia will do the same.[QUOTE]

Seems like you are talking to a wall here. I fully understand the game here. If one country makes these demands towards citizens from another country, its just normal to do the same in return. Stop complaining about it here at least.

While talking about drivers in the EU and in Serbia; does anyone know if i with my drivers license from Norway, it is standardized apossibilfter EU-Schengen (thank God we are not in EU), can drive woth no problem in Serbia? I am also thinking about renting a car while I am in Serbia in august. Either renting a car on Belgrade airport or in Sombor.

Anyone from Sombor here, and are there posibilities to rent a car, safe and cheap there?

Last edited by SrpskoNorvesko; June 23rd, 2011 at 04:53 PM.
SrpskoNorvesko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 01:48 AM   #2254
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7685

Iconic shots of Belrade's new Ada bridge...taken today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogambo View Post
Današnja..

CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #2255
tom666

Likes (Received): 93

Nice What's the water temperature? Seems high enough..
tom666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #2256
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

what actually is international driver's licence?
Old June 24th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #2257
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
what actually is international driver's licence?
I had to get one about 25 years ago for driving in Japan. They may have changed since then, but 25 years ago the IDL was a booklet with about 16 or 24 languages, one per page, listing the vehicle types one was licensed to operate. It essentially served as a translation into a large number of languages of the driver's regular license. It was valid for only one year and only together with the regular license. Other than serving as an official translation, it was pointless.
Old June 24th, 2011, 02:34 PM   #2258
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

oh i know, i have that thing. it is valid for 5 years. it is useless piece of paper where are written all the things as in normal (old type) licence. i took it to rent a car 3 years ago, but i didn't need it. i have thrown 25€.
Old June 25th, 2011, 12:37 AM   #2259
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Something for all the fast-food lovers driving through Serbia...

Google-translated article...

Quote:
Opened the first McDonald's restaurant along the highway in Serbia
24th June 2011. | 16:53 Source: Emg.rs

The first "McDonald's" (McDonald's) restaurant along the highway in Serbia was opened today near Velika Plana, it was announced from the company.

The newly opened "McDonald's" in Velika Plana has a total of 220 seats in the restaurant is "Mekdrajv" (McDrive).

New "McDonald's" is located near the hotel "Balkan" and pump the Oil Industry of Serbia, at the 95th kilometer highway from Belgrade to Nis, and its construction began in early March this year.

The newest fast food restaurant will officially open on Saturday, 25 June from 8:30 pm, when it will be hosted by all-day program for all visitors.

"McDonald's" restaurant in Velika Plana is the first restaurant that opens on the highway in our country, fifteenth in the order in Serbia, 11 were in Belgrade and one in Novi Sad, Subotica and Nis
Old June 25th, 2011, 12:44 AM   #2260
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Couple of interesting, random photos from Serbia's motorways...

Belgrade-Sid:

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija