daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 25th, 2011, 12:48 AM   #2261
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7689

Belgrade-Novi Sad-Horgos:

CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #2262
aleks82

Likes (Received): 17

The official opening of a new McDonald┤s on highway E75 Belgrade - Niš near the city Velika Plana.

Map of the location:http://maps.google.de/maps?q=44.3432...num=1&t=h&z=18

Video on youtube: http://youtu.be/b9oM3KV-78w
aleks82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #2263
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4006

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Belgrade-Novi Sad-Horgos:
I am wondering why do they wrote just "Budapest", without Serbian name and without oval "H" for Hungary, which is usual thing in other European countries...
The inscription should be Будимпешта/Budapest (H)

Quote:
Left bus has hand made licence plate with German FE-Schrift!
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #2264
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post
Left bus has hand made licence plate with German FE-Schrift!
indeed! only the back ones, though ...

Mita Prevoz, Freiburg - Belgrade line
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #2265
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post
I am wondering why do they wrote just "Budapest", without Serbian name and without oval "H" for Hungary, which is usual thing in other European countries...
The inscription should be Будимпешта/Budapest (H)
Thats interesting. There is not any International standard for that. In Sweden we have no oval for that too. The signs only tell how long way it is to Copenhagen or Oslo but it don't tell it is places in other countries. They should have ovals here too.

In Serbia they have a sort of more international text so people from other countries can understand. But in Sweden they only writing K÷penhamn in Swedish, not K°benhavn. They do the same in Denmark too. They writing Malm° in Danish, not Malm÷.

I think the Serbian system is better than the Swedish/Danish. People from other countries understand the Serbian system better than the Swedish/Danish system.
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 11:12 PM   #2266
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

well on other places there are ovals, but not here
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 12:09 AM   #2267
Djurizmo
Citizen of Europe

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrags View Post
Hello, I will ask my Serbian friends on Belgrade ring road from Novisad finished 22 Batajnica-Dobanovci. I drive to Nis next week later to Istanbul and will come from Hungary E75. To get rid of Belgrade downtown and bridge building, I run from Noviad-Batajnica-Dobanovci if it is done, and then to E75 Nis highway. How much is done by Subotico-Novisad highway?

Thanks
Unfortunately, Batajnica-Dobanovci is far from completed. Subotica - Novi Sad is near completion, but not until next week So you are sentenced to drive through Belgrade. Try to drive after 8 pm.
Djurizmo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 12:15 AM   #2268
Djurizmo
Citizen of Europe

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepov View Post
Hello,

I am going to drive from Montenegro (Budva,Podgorica) to Beograd. How do the "21" and "22" look like? Are there any problems in traveling those roads? How fast i can drive there (i mean average speed, time of travel) I will be very thankful for any answers

Greetings from Poland
Welcome to Serbia!

We call this road "Ibarska magistrala". It's 1+1 road, with a lot of heavy trucks, but quality of road (asphalt, signs, markings...) isn't that bad. Be careful and since you are traveling first time, I think that you will spend 8+ hours from Podgorica to Belgrade.
Djurizmo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 12:34 AM   #2269
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppsala View Post
Thats interesting. There is not any International standard for that. In Sweden we have no oval for that too. The signs only tell how long way it is to Copenhagen or Oslo but it don't tell it is places in other countries. They should have ovals here too.

In Serbia they have a sort of more international text so people from other countries can understand. But in Sweden they only writing K÷penhamn in Swedish, not K°benhavn. They do the same in Denmark too. They writing Malm° in Danish, not Malm÷.

I think the Serbian system is better than the Swedish/Danish. People from other countries understand the Serbian system better than the Swedish/Danish system.
I prefer the Dutch, Swiss and Austrian system, where they name the place name as it's called in the country where the actual place is. Nothing else. The transit travelers will know where they're going then. Why do they have to make things so complicated in other countries, by signposting it twice in different languages or local language only like they do in Germany, France, Spain etc etc... It's a waste of a road sign. I feel sorry for these Belgians. When I drive around Brussels, I shake my head all the way. On the Flemish side everything spelled the Flemish way, On the Walloon side everything the French way and on the Brussels side everything in both languages: Namur-Namen, Anvers-Antwerpen, and my all time favourite: Luxembourg-Luxemburg.

Get a life!
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 01:47 AM   #2270
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Are serbian driving licenses translated into english? If they are, it's truly unfair.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 04:11 AM   #2271
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7689

Another RTS SAT patrol towards Greece ...

CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #2272
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1600

Today, RTS will run a patrol towards Montenegro ...

we all believe that courtesy of Crazy, a youtube of it will soon appear in this thread ...

GT (google translation)

Quote:
15:00

SAT

Patrol to Montenegro

After a visit to Greece, a tourist patrol is again a topic of following SAT. This time around the turn of Montenegro, in which editors emissions SAT reveals a new direction which shortens the time to Herceg Novi by 30 km.

Examined in detail the two new sections into the most beautiful mountain regions of Montenegro - from Zabljak to Savnik and Vilus to the bay of Kotor. New directions to avoid routes through the canyon burdened Moraca reduces the time spent at border points and the opportunity to visit Tara, Zabljak and Black Lake and see a new, two-kilometer long tunnel through the massif of Durmitor.

Described in detail all the dangerous places to travel, which should slow down, where all refueling, where you can spend the night or just have lunch and rest, and the features and prices of accommodation, food and other services on the Montenegrin coast.

Author and presenter Mirko Alvirović .
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 10:43 AM   #2273
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
Are serbian driving licenses translated into english? If they are, it's truly unfair.
As a practical matter, English is the important language. As a matter of international law, French (for historical reasons) is the important language. So, if Serbian driving licenses:

a) include the important information in all three languages: Serbian, English, and French;
b) are difficult to forge in compliance with EU document integrity standards; and
c) are verifiable by international police agencies,

then it would be absurd for EU countries to demand IDLs together with Serbian driving licenses -- whether or not Serbia demands IDLs from foreign drivers.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 12:24 PM   #2274
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

serbian, english, french only?
More wishes? how about that DL sing and dance?
Old June 26th, 2011, 12:34 PM   #2275
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
As a practical matter, English is the important language. As a matter of international law, French (for historical reasons) is the important language. So, if Serbian driving licenses:

a) include the important information in all three languages: Serbian, English, and French;
b) are difficult to forge in compliance with EU document integrity standards; and
c) are verifiable by international police agencies,

then it would be absurd for EU countries to demand IDLs together with Serbian driving licenses -- whether or not Serbia demands IDLs from foreign drivers.
I doubt you can verify my DL. So I'm sticking with Engish only and not frogeable and adequate to EU rules.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 01:24 PM   #2276
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

French on drivers licenses throughout Europe is outright ridiculous. Nowadays French does not have any more status than any other major language in Europe (Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, Polish).
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 02:28 PM   #2277
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
French on drivers licenses throughout Europe is outright ridiculous.
Maybe you can convince your government to demand a renegotiation of that point of the convention?
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #2278
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18303

But ze french zey are nationalistic, zey don't like speaking inglish.
On Eurovision, they were the only ones who didn't present the results in English ....
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #2279
blagun
Explorer

Likes (Received): 1944

Which variant is optimal for passing thru Belgrade from Nis/Sofia to Novi sad/Budapest:

1. Southern ring: Vrcin-Ostruznica-Dobanovci-back to Belgrade-Novi sad
2. Passing downtown: Trg Slavia-Trg Republike (or in front of the Skupstina)-tunnel-Brankov most-Novi Beograd
3. Gazela bridge

I have basic knowledges of the streets of Belgrade and the passing thru the town center won't be a problem for me.
blagun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #2280
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

I think 3.

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija