daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 2nd, 2011, 03:59 PM   #2301
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7681

Hehe...but seriously, even though we haven't been able to get our hands on fresh photos from the construction site, according to a couple of eyewitness reports, work on Ub-Lajkovac is progressing well.

By the way, great news - Belgrade's mayor today said that work on Belgrade's second Danube bridge should finally begin at the end of this month

Google-translated...

Quote:
Saturday, 02 Jul 2011, 07:30 -> 09:29

Waiting for "Chinese" bridge

Belgrade Mayor Dragan Djilas expected to work on "Chinese" bridge, which connects the Zemun-combatants, to begin this month. City authorities say that the expropriation of land for construction is over and that the Zemun by all owners, even illegally constructed buildings, receive adequate compensation and accommodation.

In China the other day in traffic put the world's largest bridge, 43 kilometers long, built in only four years. Will the Chinese construction workers to be equally effective in Belgrade, where he built a bridge Borca-Zemun, 1,700 meters long?

Belgrade Mayor Dragan Djilas said that the prolonged preparatory work, but it is likely that the bridge, which should be finished by 2013. years, however, this summer started from a standstill.

A year was spent on extensive preparations for the arrival of Chinese construction companies, 45 percent of the work should be performed by our company, and all preparatory work has been prepared. The Chinese side is silent, but refers to the Belgrade city government.

"We expect the first Chinese workers in the next few days. We expect the first construction equipment by the end of July and the end of July is the deadline for all necessary building permits, so it all works really started," said Belgrade Mayor Dragan Djilas.

The Traffic Institute CIP, which together with the Chinese design road, we say that for 170 million euros to get a cheap property in all European and world standards.

"All actions Traffic Institute CIP is working with the Chinese side, including project design and site organization, and are ready to pass the control. They were handed over to the investor and can now build," said Dragoslav Dragicevic from CIP Institute.

Bridge length of 1,700 meters will be a classic, no major architectural bravura, and will have six lanes.

"The bridge will span 50 meters with a height of 29 meters, which means that it will comply with EU standards on navigation on the Danube," said designer CIP Zeljko Licina.

Economists warn that the Chinese are serious about completing the bridge as soon as possible because it will raise the gross national income. Their bank gave a loan of 144 million euros.

"If most late, most of it is because we are not prepared, as part of the agreement that we assumed we're not done. You can not build in a foreign country if the other party did not end the expropriation, as part of the job is not done as agreed, including and finance, "said economist Milan Kovacevic.

The city says that the expropriation of land ready for construction. With Borčanska hand, PKB land is owned by the city, and with the Zemun, all owners, even illegally constructed buildings, they will receive adequate compensation and accommodation.

The new Danube bridge will be an important part of the outer ring road , marked here as SMT:
[img]http://i30.************/k17zsw.jpg[/img]

Visualization:

CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2011, 04:19 PM   #2302
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

That is the western bridge on the SMT, right? Because SMT crosses the Danube twice.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2011, 04:29 PM   #2303
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Indeed. At a later date, another, more expensive bridge will have to be built in the east, across Ada Huja...

Old July 3rd, 2011, 05:14 PM   #2304
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Hehe...but seriously, even though we haven't been able to get our hands on fresh photos from the construction site, according to a couple of eyewitness reports, work on Ub-Lajkovac is progressing well.

By the way, great news - Belgrade's mayor today said that work on Belgrade's second Danube bridge should finally begin at the end of this month

It would be great to finally see at least something finished of that elusive Belgrade-Požega motorway.

Regarding the SMT, why is the northern part of it (on the far side of the Danube) intended for speeds of only 80 km/h? A higher speed limit would be more logical for a straight stretch of road (dual carriage way for that matter) outside the city.

Last edited by not_just_a_lurker; July 3rd, 2011 at 09:52 PM.
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 08:02 PM   #2305
YiannisPap

Likes (Received): 0

Hello!
Could you please inform me the rest areas on E75 when entering from Kumanovo until Croatia? Thank you very much in advance!
YiannisPap no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:01 PM   #2306
Arnorian

Likes (Received): 14631

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_just_a_lurker View Post
Regarding the SMT, why is the northern part of it (on the far side of the Danube) intended for speeds of only 80 km/h? A higher speed limit would be more logical for a straight stretch of road (dual carriage way for that matter) outside the city.
There are plans to develop that area, so it won't be a motorway, but a street. Another route, farther (too much IMO) to the north is planed as the norther part of the motorway ring road.
Arnorian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2011, 12:09 AM   #2307
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnorian View Post
There are plans to develop that area, so it won't be a motorway, but a street. Another route, farther (too much IMO) to the north is planed as the norther part of the motorway ring road.
I understand it's not planned to be a motorway, but I'd imagine it to be designed for speeds of up to 100 km/h. 80 just seems a little...lowish.
Anyway, they have some BIIIG plans then, just look at the area inside the SMT, it's huge - I'd guess the size of Novi Beograd and Zemun combined. I doubt it'll be built up in the next 100 years or so...
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #2308
Djurizmo
Citizen of Europe

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by YiannisPap View Post
Hello!
Could you please inform me the rest areas on E75 when entering from Kumanovo until Croatia? Thank you very much in advance!
Hi!

I think that Serbia has the most rest areas in whole Europe. OK, from Kumanovo until Niš there is a little bit less, because there is no motorway (or motorway is from recent date).

In that section you have 2 major motel/restaurants. First one is "Džep", 37 km from Vranje. The second one (much better IMO) is 7 km further called "Predejane".

From Niš to Belgrade you have gas stations with rest areas, every 10 km. Similar is from Belgrad to Šid. Maybe not on every 10, but say 15-20km.

As I see from your nickname, you are from Greece. There is a couple of EKO/Olympus plaza rest areas, if you are patriotic

Have a nice trip and feel free to ask anything..
Djurizmo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2011, 01:57 PM   #2309
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

^I used to think that the E75 starts all the way from Leskovac not Nis?
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2011, 03:12 PM   #2310
YiannisPap

Likes (Received): 0

Djurizmo, thank you very very much!!! You were very helpful!
Yes I am Greek as you imagined, and this will be my first job abroad. I hope everything goes ok! Thank you again!!!
YiannisPap no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #2311
Arnorian

Likes (Received): 14631

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_just_a_lurker View Post
I understand it's not planned to be a motorway, but I'd imagine it to be designed for speeds of up to 100 km/h. 80 just seems a little...lowish.
Anyway, they have some BIIIG plans then, just look at the area inside the SMT, it's huge - I'd guess the size of Novi Beograd and Zemun combined. I doubt it'll be built up in the next 100 years or so...
SMT goes too far from the built-up area of the city. But the only semi-official route of the northern part of the ring motorway (purple line on the map bellow) goes even farther from the city. I hope they come to their senses, and choose another route.

Arnorian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2011, 07:22 PM   #2312
MHN
Romania

Likes (Received): 1419

Quote:
Originally Posted by YiannisPap View Post
Hello!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djurizmo View Post
Hi!

I think that Serbia has the most rest areas in whole Europe. OK, from Kumanovo until Niš there is a little bit less, because there is no motorway (or motorway is from recent date).

In that section you have 2 major motel/restaurants. First one is "Džep", 37 km from Vranje. The second one (much better IMO) is 7 km further called "Predejane".

From Niš to Belgrade you have gas stations with rest areas, every 10 km. Similar is from Belgrad to Šid. Maybe not on every 10, but say 15-20km.

As I see from your nickname, you are from Greece. There is a couple of EKO/Olympus plaza rest areas, if you are patriotic

Have a nice trip and feel free to ask anything..
I have traveled several days ago between the Croatian border (Batrovci) and Beograd.
So, I'd like to confirm there are a lot of rest areas on this section and the best are the ones belonging to OMV and the ones belonging to NIS Petrol.
On the other hand, the rest areas offered by the AutoPut administration (without any petrol station) are not in a good condition so I advise you to avoid them.
Old July 5th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #2313
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Phased opening of the Horgos-Novi Sad motorway to begin middle of this month ...

Quote:
BELGRADE, 05.07.2011
Part of highway from Horgos to Bikovo will be opened on 15th July

The highway from Horgos to Bikovo in a length of 28 kilometers of the Corridor 10, will be open for traffic 15th July and the entire highway from Horgoš to Novi Sad in the length of 88 kilometers will be gradually opened until the end of August, announced today the company Corridors of Serbia.

Then on 20 July will be open northern part of Corridor 10 from Zednik to Backa Topola, from 38th kilometers from the Hungarian border to 50 kilometers, said the director of IT Corridor Tanjug Serbia Mihajlo Misic.

Part of the highway to Srbobran to Sirig near Novi Sad, and from 85th to 98 kilometers, will be opened first August. Section of motorway from Backa Topola to Feketic, from 50 to 71 kilometers, will be open, according to Misic, 10 August this year and part of Feketic or the 71st to 80 kilometers, will be opened on 20 August.

Misic said to that the most complicated section of the 80th to 85 kilometers in Srbobran be open 30th August. He reminded that the sections from Taurus to Zednik, that of 28 to 38 kilometers, and sections of Sirig to Novi Sad, from 98th to 108 kilometers, had already been completed at the end of 2009.

He added that Serbia Corridors will do its best to meet the deadline - 10 October this year, for completion of the "Y" branch from Subotica to Kelebia.
Old July 5th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #2314
ChrisZwolle
Road user

What about Bikovo - Zednik (28 - 38 km)?
Old July 5th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #2315
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Already opened:

Quote:
He reminded that the sections from Taurus to Zednik, that of 28 to 38 kilometers, and sections of Sirig to Novi Sad, from 98th to 108 kilometers, had already been completed at the end of 2009.
Old July 5th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #2316
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Do you know an exact opening date?
Old July 5th, 2011, 07:02 PM   #2317
ChrisZwolle
Road user

found it:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=741

November 29, 2009
Old July 5th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #2318
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

For Bikovo-Zednik?
29th November, 2009.

Edit:
Old July 5th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #2319
Falusi
hanzi13

Likes (Received): 192

Great news!
I hope, that I can take pics of them on 5th and 15th of August.

I have some questions:

-
I still have to go on the old road (red dotted line) to reach Belgrade, or is there a new road (like I marked with a green line) where I can bypass this section?

- Can I expect traffic jams on the motorway trough Belgrade on a Friday morning around 8.00am?

- What amount of motorway toll can I expect while travelling trough the whole E75?

Highways clinched by me
A AND BIH C CH CZ D E F FL GR H HKJ HR I MC MK RO PL SK SLO SRB T UAE
doing MSc in Mechanical Engineering
Falusi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #2320
Djurizmo
Citizen of Europe

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
^I used to think that the E75 starts all the way from Leskovac not Nis?

As I wrote:

Quote:
from Kumanovo until Niš there is a little bit less, because there is no motorway (or motorway is from recent date).
Section Leskovac - Niš is not more than 10 years old, so there isn't a lot of rest areas.

Cheers!
Djurizmo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija