daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 5th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #2321
Djurizmo
Citizen of Europe

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falusi View Post
Great news!
I hope, that I can take pics of them on 5th and 15th of August.

I have some questions:

- http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4619/belgrd.png
I still have to go on the old road (red dotted line) to reach Belgrade, or is there a new road (like I marked with a green line) where I can bypass this section?

- Can I expect traffic jams on the motorway trough Belgrade on a Friday morning around 8.00am?

- What amount of motorway toll can I expect while travelling trough the whole E75?
You still need to use old road (red dotted line). Friday morning.... yup, there will be a lot of traffic.

Toll:

Horgoš - Novi Sad - 3,5 EUR
Novi Sad - Belgrade - 2,5 EUR
Belgrade - Niš - 7,5 EUR

If you are going towards MKD, then you have 2 EUR on Doljevac toll station.
If you are going towards BG, then there is no more toll

Have a nice trip!
Djurizmo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #2322
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7703

Little bit of advice to anyone travelling through Serbia this summer...or during any other time - keep informed of various sporting events, such as the Wimbledon final this weekend.

Celebrations & welcoming ceremonies can close down an entire motorway...here's a glimpe of how it was yesterday, during the welcome ceremony for Novak Djokovic, world's new #1 ranked tennis player & Wimbledon champion - tens of thousands lined the motorway from Belgrade's airport to Serbia's parliament, where another hundred thousand people awaited him...

CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #2323
Falusi
hanzi13

Likes (Received): 192

Thanks for the answers!
So that means i can pay in € too, right? It will make the tings easier.

Highways clinched by me
A AND BIH C CH CZ D E F FL GR H HKJ HR I MC MK RO PL SK SLO SRB T UAE
doing MSc in Mechanical Engineering
Falusi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 10:39 PM   #2324
lindenthaler
ubahnista

Likes (Received): 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falusi View Post
Thanks for the answers!
So that means i can pay in € too, right? It will make the tings easier.
yupp, u ll get change in € too.
lindenthaler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 10:50 PM   #2325
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1603

web site "Roads of Serbia" provides info for travelers how to avoid traffic jam in Belgrade ...

http://www.putevi-srbije.rs/en/info-...i-grad-beograd

From Novi Sad

From Zagreb

From Niš

sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 10:39 AM   #2326
MHN
Romania

Likes (Received): 1420

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindenthaler View Post
yupp, u ll get change in € too.
I confirm that!
Old July 6th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #2327
jailor

Likes (Received): 420

If i will come from Pancevo to go to Zagreb this route avoids working areas in Belgrad?
https://picasaweb.google.com/mihai.g...48814387222290

Last edited by jailor; July 6th, 2011 at 12:14 PM.
jailor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 03:16 PM   #2328
Djurizmo
Citizen of Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailor View Post
If i will come from Pancevo to go to Zagreb this route avoids working areas in Belgrad?
https://picasaweb.google.com/mihai.g...48814387222290
Correct! But try to avoid early morning and period between 16-18h.
Old July 6th, 2011, 03:50 PM   #2329
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

If you want to go from Bucharest to Zagreb, there is no need to go via Pancevo, as there is a better route, like this: Bucharest-Craiova-DTS-Portile de Fier border point-Pozarevac(bypass)-E75-Belgrade-Zagreb. Tomorrow I will go from Bucharest to Belgrade, Zagreb and then further on to Austria.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #2330
jailor

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djurizmo View Post
Correct! But try to avoid early morning and period between 16-18h.
I will cross Beograd sunday morning at 8-9 am so i hope will be no traffic. Anyway, many thanks
jailor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #2331
Djurizmo
Citizen of Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailor View Post
I will cross Beograd sunday morning at 8-9 am so i hope will be no traffic. Anyway, many thanks
Sunday morning. Piece of cake.
Old July 7th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #2332
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Well, its official - today, work has very quietly & without much pomp (unusual in Serbia) started on Belgrade's new Danube river bridge, the so-called "China-Serbia Friendship Bridge". The bridge will be 1,507 metres in length, with 21.5 kilometres of access roads.

Completion date: second half of 2014.

Old July 7th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #2333
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Best of luck with the Chinese, guys! Please keep us posted, we also consider building some stuff with them. This bridge is financed by them, right? Can you give us some details?

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 03:44 PM   #2334
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Some info about that...

Quote:
Chinese to build new Belgrade bridge

Chinese, Serbian government and city of Belgrade representatives yesterday signed an interim contract on the construction of the Zemun-Borča bridge.
The EUR 170mn bridge over the Danube – to be called the Chinese Bridge – will connect the Belgrade municipality of Zemun to Borča in the south of the Banat district, and according to designs, will be 1,507 meters long.

The deadline for the project to be completed is 2013.

The pre-contract was signed by the government, the city of Belgrade, and the China Road and Bridge Corporation, that will produce the design and build the bridge.

Up to 45 percent of subcontractor jobs and materials used will be Serbian, it was also announced.

85 percent of the funds necessary for the construction of the bridge will come from a loan approved by China's Exim Bank.

Economy Minister Mlađan Dinkić said that the loan came under "very favorable conditions".

He explained that the money will be paid off in the next 15 years, with a three-year grace period and a fixed annual interest rate of three percent.

China's Ambassador to Serbia Wei Jighua,said at the signing ceremony on Friday that the Danube bridge will be the largest economic cooperation project that the two countries have undertaken together thus far.

"At the same time, it is the largest bridge-building enterprise undertaken by a Chinese company in Europe," the ambassador noted.
Old July 7th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #2335
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Thanks CrazySerb! Please keep us posted.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #2336
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

"At the same time, it is the largest bridge-building enterprise undertaken by a Chinese company in Europe,"

Hopefully it won't be the last, because it would mean they f-ed something up.
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #2337
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

The largest perhaps, but is it also the only one? I can't remember any bridge project in Europe where Chinese companies are building it. Perhaps in Ukraine or Russia.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 01:26 AM   #2338
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

It would be interesting to find out. All in all, Chinese are making great inroads into Europe's construction market

Btw, speaking of bridges...there are now three U/C in Belgrade:

Two are over Sava river...

Ada bridge - 45 meters left until the main span is connected, planned opening later this year.
(they're starting to look for an official name now - any suggestions?)

Surcin-Obrenovac bridge - opening later this year:

Third one will span the Danube river...

China-Serbia Friendship Bridge - preparatory works - Spring 2014 opening:

...while one of the most important existing bridges, Gazelle bridge that carries motorway traffic through the city, is undergoing complete reconstruction....

Further down the line, likely by ~2025, at least five further bridges are envisioned - three across Danube and two over Sava river.

Last edited by CrazySerb; July 8th, 2011 at 03:02 AM.
Old July 8th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #2339
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

The main structure of Beska bridge, the last bottleneck along the Belgrade-Novi Sad motorway, has finally been completed this morning - the new Danube crossing will be in operation by September/October

Quote:
Beska bridge to be completed by end-September

Beska, 8 July 2011 – Minister of Infrastructure and Energy Milutin Mrkonjic visited today the works on the Beska bridge, whose construction has been completed. This major infrastructure facility, together with access roads, will be operational by the end of September.

Mrkonjic, during a tour of the works on the Beska bridge, said that this structure was built in less than three years.

The Minister said that the northern branch of Corridor 10 in Serbia, from Horgos to Novi Sad, will be completed by mid-August.

The section will be opened successively, while the ‘Y arm’ should to be completed in October, he announced.

He also said that during this year 180 kilometres of Corridor 10 motorway will be completed, adding that the entire corridor will be finished by mid-2013.

Mrkonjic said that all projects and funding for Corridor 10 have been provided, while the works will be done mostly by local companies.

The Minister pointed out that tenders have not been called only for 50 kilometres of road on the two most difficult sections – near Grdelica and Pirot, adding that the tenders will be announced this year.

The new bridge near Beska is 2,205 metres long.

Old July 8th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #2340
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

^ It looks very impressive and my opinion is they moved very fast.
I see the logo of Alpine on the bridge and also on that power generator. It is a joint venture there, or only the Austrians?
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija