daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 3rd, 2011, 08:02 AM   #2441
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post

This new Danube crossing is a key part of a planned city ring-road, marked here as "SMT":

[img]http://i35.************/5wfd5s.jpg[/img]
This new Danube bridge, marked "SMT", is on the West side (nicknamed "Chinese", "Zemun - Borča" bridge).

The Danube bridge marked "SMT" on the East side (so called "Ada Huja" bridge) is in the planning phase.
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2011, 08:05 PM   #2442
Durin

Likes (Received): 0

I can see on Google Maps that the E75 Zagreb-Skopje is also named highway 1 in Serbia, but is it signed as such or just as the E75? Is there a current map of motorway projects that includes a future motorway numbering system?
Old August 3rd, 2011, 08:27 PM   #2443
Fargo Wolf
Resident Smartass.

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom666 View Post
So basically a lot of shaking and jumping (and hard) in Serbia, but felt nothing in Bulgaria?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Sounds sexy.
And you don't need quarters either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djurizmo View Post
Radi look, we also have shiny markings and crash barriers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djurizmo View Post
I'm completely aware of reality, but this post was pointed to Radi's fascination of shiny crash barriers.
NEW AND SHINY!!!!
Old August 3rd, 2011, 10:17 PM   #2444
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo Wolf View Post
... NEW AND SHINY!!!!
Do not deceive us with this photo of new and shiny half. Please post the photo of the other side, which is at least fifteen years old, used and bumpy.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 10:25 PM   #2445
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

We all should congratulate to Serbian authorities that they succeed in obtaining money and finishing this very important motorway in our crisis time.
However, the hard fact is that the lane in direction Belgrade now demands at least new asphalt finishing, and probably the maximum safe speed on that lane is 80 kmh.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 01:42 AM   #2446
Djurizmo
Citizen of Europe

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
Do not deceive us with this photo of new and shiny half. Please post the photo of the other side, which is at least fifteen years old, used and bumpy.
You obviously don't know Radi and his history, so You don't get the joke.
Djurizmo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #2447
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1600

km-km . . . date opened

00-28 . . . 15.07.2011
(Horgoš - Bikovo)
28-38 . . . 2009
38-50 . . . 20.07.2011
(Žednik - Bačka Topola)

50-71 . . . 15.08.2011
71-80 . . . 25.08.2011
80-85 . . . 05.09.2011

85-98 . . . 05.08.2011
(Srbobran - Sirig (Novi Sad))
98-108 . . 2009

Google translation

ANNOUNCEMENT OF "CORRIDOR OF SERBIA"

Tomorrow the opening section of Corridor 10 from Srbobran to Sirig

Tanjug | 04th 08th 2011th - 11:41 am | Comments: 0

Part of highway in the north of Corridor 10 from Srbobran to Sirig, a distance of 13 kilometers, will be open to traffic tomorrow, told Tanjug in the company "Corridors of Serbia".

Concerns a section of the 85th and 98 kilometers starting from the Hungarian border to Novi Sad.

The route of Corridor 10 from Horgos to Novi Sad to date for traffic on 60 kilometers of highway, and the remaining shares in the travel direction, as previously announced, will be open through August.

Part of the northern branches of Corridor 10 in Serbia from Horgos to Bikovo, 28 kilometers long, was opened for traffic 15th July and five days later near Backa Topola another 12 kilometers of the motorway.

Two sections of 10 kilometers - from Bikovo to Žednik, ie from 28 to 38 kilometers, and section of Sirig to Novi Sad from 98th to 108 kilometers, but were completed in 2009. year.

Last edited by sallae2; August 5th, 2011 at 06:28 PM. Reason: update (new dates)
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #2448
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7689

Finally, tomorrow the first vehicles should cross the new ~2,200m Danube bridge at Beska, up to now the last major bottleneck on the Belgrade-Novi Sad motorway. Its official opening is scheduled for sometime next month.

One slightly older video of the new bridge...
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #2449
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Will they immediately start reconstructing existing half?
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #2450
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Hopefully, it will happen as soon as possible. No real word yet on that, I'm guessing we'll hear more about it in the coming days.

Speaking of motorway bridges, the very long & expensive reconstruction of Belgrade's Gazelle bridge is drawing to a close - all six lanes will finally be open for traffic in the middle of November while it will take another few months after that for all the finishing touches to be completed - sometime in February next year.

Meanwhile, work continues on Belgrade's motorway bypass....

Old August 4th, 2011, 08:08 PM   #2451
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18303

What does it say on that message in Cyrillic?
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #2452
Djurizmo
Citizen of Europe

Likes (Received): 12

"Mrkonjiću (minister of infrastructure), make us playground!
Djurizmo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #2453
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

O. T., its really good to see the new generations write in beautiful cyrillic and not that other, barely compatible with Serbian language script that was force-fed on my own generation during the Yugoslav days
Old August 4th, 2011, 09:08 PM   #2454
vectom

Likes (Received): 967

O.T., that's bullshit, but if your ego is higher by off topic-ing this thread with incorrect pseudopatriotic statement, then I'm okay with that.
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 09:19 PM   #2455
aleksandar_s
ETOPS-9000 certified

Likes (Received): 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectom View Post
O.T., that's bullshit, but if your ego is higher by off topic-ing this thread with incorrect pseudopatriotic statement, then I'm okay with that.
That seems a lot like a insult. Lets not turn this into a flame thread. I dont want this to get locked. Anyway, on the topic of writing, at least it is nice to have youth know their language. Cyrillic is nice writing too. Now lets get back on topic and not turn this into a flame thread.
aleksandar_s no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #2456
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
O. T., its really good to see the new generations write in beautiful cyrillic and not that other, barely compatible with Serbian language script that was force-fed on my own generation during the Yugoslav days
O.T. +1
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:24 AM   #2457
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 793

I dont understand how that so expensive bridge and the whole bypass could be more important than building a full metro lines. Stupid decision.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:37 AM   #2458
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I dont understand how that so expensive bridge and the whole bypass could be more important than building a full metro lines. Stupid decision.
Because that's something Belgrade can't function without right now. It's a bottleneck of the whole city and country (inner ring road + bypass). Metro comes in only second to that. At least, that's how I see it.
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:52 AM   #2459
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 793

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_just_a_lurker View Post
Because that's something Belgrade can't function without right now. It's a bottleneck of the whole city and country (inner ring road + bypass). Metro comes in only second to that. At least, that's how I see it.
Bottleneck of the city is how its possible for a 1.2(1.5) million city without an underground system. Actually thats my point of view which is stupid to invest in a bypass where the real bottleneck is the inside core of the city.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2011, 01:09 AM   #2460
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18303

Underground Metro is very important for a big city like Belgrade. I know when I was visiting Vienna, traveling by U-Bahn and trams was perfect, I visited almost anything like that, with a car it would have been much more complicated. The same thing in every city with Underground Metro (Munich, Budapest, Nuremberg).
Public transport is very important.

But a bypass road is also very important if the city is daily transited by many cars, like Belgrade. All that traffic would be moved out of the city. I know this fact in my hometown, Timisoara, we only have 1/4 of ring road, and lots of trucks and transit cars are clotting the city. A ring road would be a blessing for us.

For me it's a big enigma how the former YUG capital didn't get an underground metro. I don't think I know another capital city that doesn't have one.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija