daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 12th, 2011, 02:44 AM   #2521
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7685

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
That light rail station looks cool, but I don't see any reasonable access points on the rendering...how are you supposed to get from the platform to the street?
Here are a couple of close-up renders of that station...you can now clearly see the access points:

CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2011, 03:21 AM   #2522
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Speaking of bridges...couple of photos & clips from Novi Sad and its Liberty bridge.
Over the course of the next few years, two or three new Danube bridges will be buit in Novi Sad to ease traffic congestion...

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by CrazySerb; August 12th, 2011 at 03:27 AM.
Old August 12th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #2523
Sawovsky
Шар Планино, долазим ти..

Likes (Received): 4357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkanada View Post
The interchange is supposed to be done by December, right?
No, just one small prat of it.

Facebook stranica časopisa PLAY!Zine - svakog dana nagradna igra!

Klan RUR - najveća srpska gaming zajednica još od 1998. godine. Svakog dana najnovije vesti iz sveta esporta. http://klanrur.co.rs/
Sawovsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #2524
mddh

Likes (Received): 0

xxxx

Last edited by mddh; August 13th, 2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: wrong place
mddh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 06:28 PM   #2525
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Thousands of curious people visit Belgrade's new Ada bridge as it opens to pedestrians this weekend...

Drivers will have to wait until mid-December until they can cross the city's new landmark.
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:53 AM   #2526
Mus-ti

Likes (Received): 9

Hello Serbian people. I am a Turk and living in Germany. Every year I go to my home. Through Serbia. This highway Nis - Bulgaria should also be ready soon. has anyone pictures? or information?
Mus-ti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #2527
Djurizmo
Citizen of Europe

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mus-ti View Post
Hello Serbian people. I am a Turk and living in Germany. Every year I go to my home. Through Serbia. This highway Nis - Bulgaria should also be ready soon. has anyone pictures? or information?
Merhaba... Total length of that section is 85 km. U/C is about 20 km. So, complete section isn't going to be over soon, But these 20 km, probably for next summer season.
Djurizmo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #2528
Mus-ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djurizmo View Post
Merhaba... Total length of that section is 85 km. U/C is about 20 km. So, complete section isn't going to be over soon, But these 20 km, probably for next summer season.
Хвала мом брату. Сви се надамо да ће сви путеви у свету бити боље
Old August 14th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #2529
aleks82

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mus-ti View Post
Pictures from this construction you can find here:
http://www.koridor10.rs/index.php?mod=static&id=1123
aleks82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:37 PM   #2530
Mus-ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleks82 View Post
Pictures from this construction you can find here:
http://www.koridor10.rs/index.php?mod=static&id=1123

Very good pictures , thanks . Great information !!!
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:15 AM   #2531
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

What about once you pass the border. Is there a motorway on the otherside in Bulgaria or just 1+1?
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:57 AM   #2532
Djurizmo
Citizen of Europe

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
What about once you pass the border. Is there a motorway on the otherside in Bulgaria or just 1+1?
1+1
Djurizmo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 09:39 AM   #2533
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 18768

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Kalotina - Slivnica is 1+1(26km.), Slivnica - Sofia is 2x2(32km.)
Turnovec está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #2534
vectom

Likes (Received): 967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post
Kalotina - Slivnica is 1+1(26km.), Slivnica - Sofia is 2x2(32km.)
just passed there again, this Saturday. Road is just awesome, quality of road surface is superb, signalization is fair and overall better than on Nish - Gradina stretch. Awesome road to drive to, just lovely.
It could be improved by parking grounds along the way, as there are no clean and modern parkings all the way to Sofia. Petrol stations along the way aren't really impressive, except the two on the right (border-sofia direction), others could be a bit less shanty to make me stop.

Nish - Gradina, hm, the quality of the road is quickly deteriorating. I'm driving here more than often, and can notice significant fail of tarmac quality in less than a year. Still, it is overall very good road, as speaking of quality of surface, and maybe I'm a bit too severe about it as I'm personally devoted to this road
Yet, in less than two or three years (my aprox.) potholes will probably appear here and there and will require repair patch works.
Also, what I don't like here is bad vertical signalization. Not a single roadsign tells you how many more kilometers you have until the border, all the way from the exit of Nish. Other irritating thing is not a single modern petrol station between motorway exit at Nish - East/Istok and Pirot, and that is some 80km! Of course, there's one petrol station in Bela Palanka (28km before Pirot) but it doesn't work 24h/day and it's not on the road but well hidden in the outskirts of that town.

Works on a new motorway are progressing smoothly and I would say relatively quickly. There's a huge visible progress since 3 weeks ago when I passed it last time. Works take place some 2 km after you exit/surpass Pirot, and all the way until the border (some 1km away from the border checkpoints).
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 01:08 PM   #2535
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

^ Is that E80 strech being extended or they are working on the motorway from the border towards Nis? So the Turks have to drive approx 100 km before they reach 2+2 at Slivnica...
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #2536
vectom

Likes (Received): 967

E80 surpasses Niš from the north, and apr. 1 km before village of Prosek the motorway ends (Google Map it pls). There are no works at that location yet, and won't start this year for sure, although I've noticed few workers putting markers around that area, probably for precise demarcation of a future motorway stretch that is going to pass next to Jelašnica village, and not through Sićevo gorge where current road runs through.

Current works are taking place some 2 km after you exit/surpass Pirot, and all the way until the border (some 1km away from the border checkpoints), leaving current road intact (not widening of an existing road but a full profile of a new motorway under construction parallel or nearby existing road). You can see the project blueprints on that website link posted above.

The Turks (and why not others too) have to drive more than 100km from Prosek to reach Slivnica. According to Google Maps, it's exactly 122km from the end of motorway-ed E80 at Prosek to 2+2 road at Slivnica.

edit:
by the way, 2+2 road from Slivnica to Sofia is a sort of wide regular road, with no divided tracks (no central barriers), no side barriers, and with quite a few in-level crossroads with minor roads, so no de-leveled exits. Writing 2+2 may remind to expressways, which this road isn't.

Last edited by vectom; August 15th, 2011 at 04:01 PM.
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:26 PM   #2537
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Huge interest for Belgrade's newest bridge...

Quote:
65.000 visitors cross Ada Bridge at weekend
15. August 2011. | 07:10

Source: Emg.rs, Beta

The new bridge boasts a 200-meter high central pylon, is 964 meters long and 45 meters wide. It has six road lanes, two light rail tracks and two paths for pedestrians and cycling. The bridge is Belgrade's seventh bridge. The last bridge was the Gazela Bridge built 41 years ago.

On Aug. 13-14 65,000 people crossed across the new bridge over Ada Ciganlija in Belgrade, according to the city authorities.

Work on the bridge was suspended for two days in order to allow citizens interested in a glimpse of the bridge to walk accross it. Construction will resume on Aug. 15.

The new Belgrade bridge connected the two sides of the river on Aug. 8 when the final steel segment of the main span of the bridge was set in place.

The bridge will open for motor vehicles on Dec. 15, when some of the access roads will become functional. The bridge will be completed in 2013.

The new bridge boasts a 200-meter high central pylon, is 964 meters long and 45 meters wide. It has six road lanes, two light rail tracks and two paths for pedestrians and cycling.

The bridge is Belgrade's seventh bridge. The last bridge was the Gazela Bridge built 41 years ago.
Old August 16th, 2011, 06:41 AM   #2538
aleksandar_s
ETOPS-9000 certified

Likes (Received): 528

In the article it says that the last bridge was the Gazela bridge, but wasnt the New railway bridge built at a later date?
aleksandar_s no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 06:46 AM   #2539
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

I'm guessing what they really meant to say is "last road bridge".
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:53 AM   #2540
Opustenooo
Original Since 1984

Likes (Received): 477

About Belgrade bypass project you can read here with alot of new update pics:

http://www.beobuild.rs/read.php/499.html

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija