daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 30th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #2601
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

I doubt that there is motorway in Europe without single km being renovated or being fixed. So it is stupid to discredit it as being motorway.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2011, 11:23 AM   #2602
Doctor Wu

Likes (Received): 1

Hi
Last year I travelled Serbian E-75 down and up, and I have very positive memories about this trip. I started reading this thread again to see what's new in infrastructure building because I plan to repeat my 2010 travel in 2013. So I keep my fingers crossed for completing the Beograd beltway before I come there. The Beograd residents have the right to kick me and millions of tourists out of the Gazela bridge

BTW - what in Serbian language is Gazela? In Polish, this means

Also, I am very happy to read that you finish Subotica bypass. A lot of my fellows read about several-hours-queues and frightening conflicts on Horgos border crossing, and choose Kelebija to avoid crowds (I did it too).
Speaking about Leskovac - Preševo section, you do not have to hurry - the landscape there is so cute that I was pleased to drive no more than 80 kmph, without the possibility to overtake any truck, instead admiring the scenery.

And finally, what is this building?

Looks very interesting.
Old August 30th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #2603
Opustenooo
Original Since 1984

Likes (Received): 477

Gazela on Serbian means the same. Animal Gazela. That name bridge got because of the way it looks like gazela when jumps look (pic is from Monstogradnja website):

Complete reconstruction of gazela bridge will be done in few months.

About building at your last pic. Its Genex tower in New Belgrade also known as West Belgrade Gate
Old August 30th, 2011, 02:03 PM   #2604
Djurizmo
Citizen of Europe

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opustenooo View Post
About building at your last pic. Its Genex tower in New Belgrade also known as West Belgrade Gate
Half residential, half business building.
Djurizmo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #2605
Doctor Wu

Yeah, looking at the bridge, I have a feeling that I see a jumping deer.

Western Beograd Gate - I like it. Entering the Capital from south, when our car reached the hill, we saw also very interesting sight - a lot of high towers panorama. I asked my wife to make a photo, but she was not quick enough and we lost it. Beograd is very interesting for me, even if I traveled only the highway.
Doctor Wu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 02:21 PM   #2606
Djurizmo
Citizen of Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Wu View Post
Yeah, looking at the bridge, I have a feeling that I see a jumping deer.

Western Beograd Gate - I like it. Entering the Capital from south, when our car reached the hill, we saw also very interesting sight - a lot of high towers panorama. I asked my wife to make a photo, but she was not quick enough and we lost it. Beograd is very interesting for me, even if I traveled only the highway.
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/41345882.jpg

This kind of picture?

Unfortunately, East gate of Belgrade (three towers on this pic) and West gate with two more towers in downtown and New Belgrade (Beogradjanka and Ušće) are the only high towers in Belgrade. There were some announcements for building some new high towers, but our city council banned constructing buildings more than 12 stories high.
Old August 30th, 2011, 05:03 PM   #2607
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7679

Road tolls in Serbia may go up by 11 percent

Quote:
30.8.2011 10:54:00 | Author/Source PressCut

Serbian national road construction company Putevi Srbije is going to submit a request for an 11 percent road toll increase, as informed by the company’s director general Zoran Drobnjak. Drobnjak complains that toll prices in Serbia are twice lower than in Croatia.

The cost of the 275 kilometer road toll from Zagreb to Sid is EUR 14.5, while the 240 kilometer road toll from Nis to Belgrade is only EUR 7. Drobnjak explains it is necessary to increase road tolls because the toll income is used for road maintenance in Serbia.
(Tanjug )
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 05:10 PM   #2608
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
I doubt that there is motorway in Europe without single km being renovated or being fixed. So it is stupid to discredit it as being motorway.
I never said it isn't a motorway. It's just that it takes a little longer before the full 2x2 motorway capacity comes into operation.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #2609
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

is there some list of more important objects on Niš - Bulgaria future motorway?
Old August 30th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #2610
Belgrader

Likes (Received): 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Road tolls in Serbia may go up by 11 percent
Normally when they are incredibly corrupted. Tolls are extremely expensive and they are still loosing money. The problem is that nobody wants to deal with corruption, and that Drobnjak and his master minister Mrkonjić should have been in jail a long time ago.
Old August 30th, 2011, 10:04 PM   #2611
Doctor Wu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djurizmo View Post
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/41345882.jpg

This kind of picture?

Unfortunately, East gate of Belgrade (three towers on this pic) and West gate with two more towers in downtown and New Belgrade (Beogradjanka and Ušće) are the only high towers in Belgrade. There were some announcements for building some new high towers, but our city council banned constructing buildings more than 12 stories high.
Seems that was this panorama.

How could they agree to build Sava bridge? It is surely higher than 12 stories
Old August 30th, 2011, 10:06 PM   #2612
Djurizmo
Citizen of Europe

That's our mayor's life project so.... sky is the limit.... But of course, I'm writing about residential/business buildings....
Old August 30th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #2613
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1591

On 19 August 2008, Đilas was sworn in as the new mayor of Belgrade.

Ada Bridge Timeline dates back in 2006 ...
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 10:23 PM   #2614
Djurizmo
Citizen of Europe

OK, my mistake, then switch ' sign from mayor's to mayors'
Old August 30th, 2011, 11:37 PM   #2615
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I never said it isn't a motorway. It's just that it takes a little longer before the full 2x2 motorway capacity comes into operation.
well than if they reconstruct anything from Belgrade to Budapest it means the full capacity isn't in operation. It is always like that with motorways.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 03:59 PM   #2616
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Corridor 10 to be finished by July 2013

Quote:
Beska, 31 Aug 2011 – Minister of Infrastructure and Energy Milutin Mrkonjic today stated that the construction of the entire motorway on Corridor 10 through Serbia will be completed by July 2013.

Touring the construction site on the northern branch of Corridor 10 with First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior Ivica Dacic, Mrkonjic stressed that €1.5 billion has been secured for the construction of 330 km of semi-motorway and motorway since July 2008, adding that the invested funds will be returned during the course of this decade.

Before the year’s end 180 km of motorway on Corridor 10 will be completed and the remaining construction sites opened, including the two most difficult sections of 20 km each near Grdelica Gorge and Pirot, the Minister noted.

The ring road around Belgrade, also part of Corridor 10, will be completed by August 2013, he specified.

Mrkonjic added that the European Investment Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the World Bank have secured €1.2 billion, while around €300 million has been earmarked in the budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlada_Ilina_h2o View Post
E-75 Horgos - Novi Sad

ОТВОРЕНА ДЕОНИЦА ОД ХОРГОША ДО БИКОВА
објављено 15. 07. 2011.

ОТВОРЕНА ЗА САОБРАЋАЈ ДЕОНИЦА ОД ЖЕДНИКА ДО БАЧКЕ ТОПОЛЕ
објављено 20. 07. 2011.

Отворена деонице Бачка Топола - Фекетић
објављено 29. 08. 2011.

www.koridor10.rs
Old August 31st, 2011, 07:41 PM   #2617
srpskizmaj

Motorways in serbia in comparison with other ExYu countries

I had bit of time recently and I have drawed a sections under construction.

1) From the top of the map of Serbia highlighted section Kelebia (border crossing) - motorway (coridor 10) currently under construction

2) Two remaining sections 9km + 5km = 14km Feketic do Srbobran under construction and should be finished at end of Septembar

3) Small red dot between Novi Sad and Belgrade this should be Beska twin Bridge - to be finished 15.09.2011

4) Belgrade Bypass -- From the top there is a "section 0" which is under construction in full profil and that is why I put two red lines. Then sections 1-5 have got just one side of motorway done (half profile). And section 6 construction hasn't started yet. So left and right round needs to be built.

5)Finally 2 sections which are under construcion are Dimitrovgrad" bypass - Border crossing with Bulgaria and Dimitrovgrad - Pirot both highlighted with a red line.

Last edited by srpskizmaj; September 3rd, 2011 at 12:28 PM.
srpskizmaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 07:47 PM   #2618
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Don't forget the 12km Ub-Lajkovac section of the future Corridor 11 and the ~32km Vrbnica-Suva Reka section in Kosmet, part of the Nis-Pristina-Prizren- Albania (port of Drac) motorway.
Old August 31st, 2011, 08:04 PM   #2619
srpskizmaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Don't forget the 12km Ub-Lajkovac section of the future Corridor 11 and the ~32km Vrbnica-Suva Reka section in Kosmet, part of the Nis-Pristina-Prizren- Albania (port of Drac) motorway.

CrazySerb If I remember from a newpaper Ub-Lijkovac construction has been abandoned.

Kosovo motorway to bo honest, someone needs to help in drawing this road as I do not want to mislead anyone )
srpskizmaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2011, 05:42 AM   #2620
aleksandar_s
ETOPS-9000 certified

Likes (Received): 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by srpskizmaj View Post

Are the only motorways U/C in Serbia? Or did you only include the ones in Serbia?
aleksandar_s no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija