daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 1st, 2011, 10:19 AM   #2621
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

he included only the ones in Serbia.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2011, 05:28 PM   #2622
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7686

State firm "Corridors of Serbia" today officially awarded Greek firm Aktor the contract to build a 13km Crvena Reka - Ciflik section of Nis-Dimitrovgrad (BG border) motorway. Work should start sometime this month
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:14 PM   #2623
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Interesting video, although in Serbian language...SAT's southbound patrol of Horgos - Novi Sad - Belgrade motorway, as construction wraps up along the last remaining northbound sections. Along the way, they will show a number of gas stations, rest stops (including popular Palic lake), etc...

Horgos-Novi Sad 1/2

2/2

Novi Sad-Belgrade

Last edited by CrazySerb; September 1st, 2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:36 PM   #2624
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Fresh aerial footage of the new Beska bridge...Belgrade-Novi Sad motorway:
After stress testing scheduled for middle of this month, first vehicles should be able to cross it by late September/early October

Last edited by CrazySerb; September 1st, 2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old September 1st, 2011, 07:36 PM   #2625
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18302

What is he saying about that sign in Palic that means "turning right forbidden"?
cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2011, 08:38 PM   #2626
Arnorian

Likes (Received): 14633

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
What is he saying about that sign in Palic that means "turning right forbidden"?
He says that it's clearly a mistake (hotel and restaurant signs say turn right), and that a part of the traffic sign limiting the prohibition to trucks is missing. Also that the department of roads messed up.

Last edited by Arnorian; September 2nd, 2011 at 10:44 AM.
Arnorian está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:41 AM   #2627
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers
Likes (Received): 407

The Russian I learnt in school tells me:
pticje perspektive = bird's perspective (bird's view)

Poetic.

Last edited by danielstan; September 2nd, 2011 at 04:19 PM.
danielstan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 10:14 AM   #2628
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielstan View Post
The Russian I learnt in school tells me:
pticje perspekptive = bird's perspective (bird's view)

Poetic.
You got it right, although that phrase is in regular use in Serbian, so it doesn't have a (strong?) poetic connotation.
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 12:09 PM   #2629
srpskizmaj

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by srpskizmaj View Post

I had bit of time recently and I have drawed a sections under construction.

1) From the top of the map of Serbia highlighted section Kelebia (border crossing) - motorway (coridor 10) currently under construction

2) Two remaining sections 9km + 5km = 14km Feketic do Srbobran under construction and should be finished at end of Septembar

3) Small red dot between Novi Sad and Belgrade this should be Beska twin Bridge - to be finished 15.09.2011

4) Belgrade Bypass -- From the top there is a "section 0" which is under construction in full profil and that is why I put two red lines. Then sections 1-5 have got just one side of motorway done (half profile). And section 6 construction hasn't started yet. So left and right round needs to be built.

5)Finally 2 sections which are under construcion are Dimitrovgrad" bypass - Border crossing with Bulgaria and Dimitrovgrad - Pirot both highlighted with a red line.

Anyone knows why map of ExYu showing current motorways has been removed from forum ???
srpskizmaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 12:16 PM   #2630
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

It has not been removed from the forum. Someone at imageshack took it off their server, probably after someone flagged it as inappropriate or something.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 12:22 PM   #2631
srpskizmaj

Ok, my mistake, I have removed it as I have uploaded new corrected maps. I tought that if I paste it in a forum it stays there forever.
Will fix it.

Last edited by srpskizmaj; September 3rd, 2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 04:56 PM   #2632
srpskizmaj

I have added few more sections in comparison to the last posted map.

I drew red line on section Banja Luka - Gradiska in BiH (Republika Srpska) as it is under construction and will be finished around November

I drew also red line on section Kakanj - Zenica which contains tunnel (Vijenac) and will extend current motorway towards north of BiH.

I have drew yellow line on section Kragujevac - Batocina which will connect Kragujevac with coridor 10.

I have also added section Vrbnica-Suva which is located in Kosovo, southern Serbia and its lenght is 32km. This motorway is a part of future motorway Nis-Pristina-Prizren-granica-Albania border.

Last edited by srpskizmaj; September 3rd, 2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 05:36 PM   #2633
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Our oil-rich friends in Azerbaijan would like to help finance Serbia's "Corridor 11"...a motorway via Serbia that will one day connect Montenegro's port town of Bar with Romania's city of Timisoara...

Quote:
Economic cooperation between Serbia, Azerbaijan

Belgrade/Baku, 1 Sept 2011 – Minister of Foreign Affairs Vuk Jeremic said today in Baku, after talks with top officials of Azerbaijan that they discussed economic cooperation between the two countries.

Jeremic said in a statement to the agency Fonet that they discussed the construction of Corridor 11 and that Azerbaijan intends to participate in the financing and construction of this strategic project through Serbia.

The talks also touched on several major investments in state-owned enterprises in Serbia, the Minister said and expressed hope that Azerbaijan will be one of the biggest investors in Serbia by end 2012.

Jeremic also announced a meeting of the Intergovernmental Commission for Trade and Economic Cooperation for late this year, which will be of great importance not only for relations between the two countries but also for the Serbian economy and the Western Balkans.

The Minister recalled that Serbia and Azerbaidjan have friendly relations and stressed that Azerbaidjan has reaffirmed its support to the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Serbia.

During his stay in Baku, Jeremic met with President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev, Prime Minister Arthur Rasizadeh, Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov and Minister of Economic Development Shahin Mustafayev.
Old September 4th, 2011, 09:51 PM   #2634
SokoX

Likes (Received): 403

How many kilometers of highway passes through Kosovo and Metohija region?

387 kupuj! Podrzi domacu privredu!
SokoX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #2635
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Another Greek firm has just been awarded work on Serbia's Corridor 10...tomorrow, "Terna S.A." will sign contracts with "Corridors of Serbia" regarding construction of two tunnels, "Przonja Padina" & "Progon", total lenght 1,7km, along the Nis-Dimitrovgrad motorway. At 3,85 billion dinars, Terna's bid was the lowest amongst twelve offers and the deadline for completion of work is two years.
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:22 PM   #2636
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Small update from the ten kilometer Batajnica-Dobanovci section of Belgrade's motorway ring-road, courtesy of one of our pilot-forumers...

Source: djorjdebg, Beobuid.rs
Old September 4th, 2011, 11:45 PM   #2637
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djurizmo View Post

Unfortunately, East gate of Belgrade (three towers on this pic) and West gate with two more towers in downtown and New Belgrade (Beogradjanka and Ušće) are the only high towers in Belgrade. There were some announcements for building some new high towers, but our city council banned constructing buildings more than 12 stories high.

Did they try to justify this madness?

Or are we just talking about east and west areas around the urban motorway?
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 10:52 AM   #2638
Arnorian

Likes (Received): 14633

The reason is "protection of vistas". You know, Acropolis and the Parthenon must be visible from every point in the town.
Arnorian está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #2639
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

That's so unpractical
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #2640
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1593

according to this article

Buildings with more than 12 stories, can be build in some parts of the city, however ...

Builders whose ambitions aspire for more than a hundred meters in height, will have, to prove that skyscrapers will be well maintained, environmentally and energy sustainable.
And the locations where they will be erected, it must ensure normal flow of traffic and enough parking spaces, and not to affect ambient and historical sites ...
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija