daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 1st, 2011, 03:08 AM   #2901
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmartin View Post
I read this article: http://www.kurir-info.rs/vesti/drust...bra-131626.php

When will the Horgoš-Beograd motorway be fully completed? Will there be anything left to do after the complition of the section north of Novi Sad?
Well at least the repair of the old Beška bridge is scheduled to be done after the new bridge is opened for traffic.
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2011, 03:16 AM   #2902
mmmartin

Likes (Received): 1

And the rest is completed?
Old November 1st, 2011, 07:12 AM   #2903
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmartin View Post
And the rest is completed?
Well besides that 5 km stretch north of Novi Sad, apparently so. If I'm not mistaken that is.
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 07:57 AM   #2904
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1588

If I am not mistaken, there is one 5 km section still to be completed, and one stretch that was delayed by some pipeline works and that one should be now u/c.

The plan is to reconstruct the old Beška bridge. I do not know if the works there already started. And they were looking for credit to fix whole old part of Horgoš - Novi Sad Mwy, to repave it etc. Don't know the progress of that, but when they start that, a short stretch closure (few km), can be expected.
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 04:26 PM   #2905
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Those are the Yugoslav road numbers.

I also once saw a list of A1 - A3 but they are not signed. The Serbian motorway numbering system bugs me, especially now more projects are getting started it makes sense to number them according to a logical system.
That's not worse than Sweden. In Sweden you can't see at the number if the road is a motorway or not. Exactly like Serbia.

And E75 in Serbia is working similar to E4 in Sweden.
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 04:56 PM   #2906
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

In Serbia they sign only motorways with E signs.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 11:12 PM   #2907
Filipdr

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
In Serbia they sign only motorways with E signs.
Well, not quite, it depends on which route is the motorway following. Motorways in Serbia are almost always following the European routes (E routes).

But you have some exceptions like Kragujevac-Batocina motorway (still under construction) which is not following the E route so its name doesn't start with "E"... It is simply called Kragujevac-Batocina motorway, for now...

Last edited by Filipdr; November 1st, 2011 at 11:35 PM.
Filipdr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 12:32 AM   #2908
Christophorus

Likes (Received): 87

There is no consistance in signing road numbers in Serbia (as it is in Montenegro and BiH) at all. Sometimes at magistral roads M numbers are signed, but mostly they aren´t. Regional roads are almost never numbered. Motorway(s) usually carry the E number plus an M number. E numbers are never signed on other roads than motorways.

Here is a link to a map for road numbering in Serbia, it is in cyrillic, but i guess it can help:

http://www.putevi-srbije.rs/pdf/serb...ional_road.pdf

@Filipdr: Kragujevac-Batocina (M1.11) simply is not on a route of any E-road, therefore an E-number cannot be given to this motorway, her you have an overview of all existing E-roads:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...E-road_network

if you maybe understand some german, this article is much better:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_d...%C3%9Fen#Liste

here is a map:

http://live.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/...MapAGR2007.pdf

Last edited by Christophorus; November 2nd, 2011 at 12:39 AM.
Christophorus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 12:39 AM   #2909
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

regional roads are numbered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipdr View Post
Well, not quite, it depends on which route is the motorway following. Motorways in Serbia are almost always following the European routes (E routes).

But you have some exceptions like Kragujevac-Batocina motorway (still under construction) which is not following the E route so its name doesn't start with "E"... It is simply called Kragujevac-Batocina motorway, for now...
You didn't undertand what I wrote. In Sweden they designate also normal highways and roads with E sign when it is part of E-route, while in Serbia E is used only if it is motorway built.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 01:11 AM   #2910
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 01:29 AM   #2911
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7669

Quote:
Serbia, Romania cooperate on infrastructure projects

Belgrade, 1 Nov 2011 – Minister of Infrastructure and Energy Milutin Mrkonjic and Romanian Minister of Economy and Trade Ion Ariton discussed the construction of Corridor 11 today, the Pan-European Oil Pipeline (PEOP) project, the linking of gas pipe-line systems in the region and the construction of a 400 kW transmission line.

The Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy says in a statement that Aroton stressed Romania’s interest in the construction of road Corridor 11 which would link Romania with Bari in Italy through Serbia and Montenegro.

Mrkonjic and Ariton, who is visiting Serbia as member of a Romanian delegation led by Romanian President Traian Basescu, said that the link between the Serbian and Romanian gas pipe-line systems occupies an important position in the regional gas pipe-line.

The Ministers agreed that there is a great need for the construction of a two-way 76 kilometre long gas pipe-line Mokrin–Arad.

During the meeting they also discussed the PEOP project, which envisages the transport of oil from the Caspian region through Romania, Serbia and Croatia to Italy, whence it would be supplied to Western and Central Europe refineries through the existing oil pipe-line systems, the statement adds.

CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 02:12 AM   #2912
Filipdr

Likes (Received): 2

Nice project, I just hope it will come to reality soon...

@Bad_Hafen

No. If the road (it doesn't matter if it's a motorway or a national highway) belongs to the E route then it is marked as "E-662" or "E-70" for example, just like in any other European country.

E-763 through Serbia is a great example. It will be a motorway in the future.

@Christophorus

Yes, that's what I've been trying to explain.
Filipdr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 02:20 AM   #2913
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7669

Apparently, what with the construction of Belgrade's new Ada bridge drawing to a close (limited opening scheduled for next month), work has now begun to intensify on the city's new "expressway"...of which the new bridge will be a key part.

Visualization of the New Belgrade side of the new ~17km "inner half-ring road" , which will be the first to be completed.
WIth over three kilometers of tunnels and 5km of various types of bridges, the estimated cost of this project is valued in the hundreds of millions of euros.

Once completed, its expected to take some pressure off the heavily congested motorway through Belgrade...

Last edited by CrazySerb; November 2nd, 2011 at 02:35 AM.
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 09:34 AM   #2914
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
@Bad_Hafen

No. If the road (it doesn't matter if it's a motorway or a national highway) belongs to the E route then it is marked as "E-662" or "E-70" for example, just like in any other European country.
That's why I posted the photos of E70 between Pancevo-Vrsac-RO border. You can see the E-70 signed on top of the road number M-1.9
Old November 2nd, 2011, 12:23 PM   #2915
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Quote:
Nice project, I just hope it will come to reality soon...

@Bad_Hafen

E-763 through Serbia is a great example. It will be a motorway in the future.

@Christophorus

Yes, that's what I've been trying to explain.
You just don't get it. The name E is used in media only for parts of E road where motorway is going or is planned to go. For other highways they use M designations.
Normal highways (magistrala) have their M numbers and national numbers are widely used, but motorways do not have neither numbers nor designation that is why they use E. In the same time it doesnt mean that magistralas dont have E designations.

Last edited by Bad_Hafen; November 2nd, 2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 02:42 PM   #2916
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

OK, if we are on this topic, on which roads is speed limit 80 km/h and on which is 100 km/h? If you have an example of 100 km/h road. I knew that yellow signed are 80, and blue are 100, but I didn't find any blue ones on my travels. Or do the ones starting with letter M (magistrala)?

Last edited by cinxxx; November 2nd, 2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 07:20 PM   #2917
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Blue are expresways for example Kragujevac - Batocina

Old November 2nd, 2011, 10:01 PM   #2918
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers
Likes (Received): 407

Romania - Serbia border across Danube to be open till end 2011 at Iron Gates II: http://www.adevarul.ro/actualitate/p...583742161.html
Summary of the Romanian article:
- new border cross point to be opened until end 2011, "if Serbian authorities will agree"
- "We will move quickly." said Romanian president Basescu

I remember that a suspended bridge over a branch of Danube was built on Romanian bank since 1990.
I don't know why the border was not opened so many years.

Last edited by danielstan; November 3rd, 2011 at 12:06 AM.
danielstan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 10:25 PM   #2919
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9137

Same news from Serbian source:
http://www.b92.net/info/vesti/index....&nav_id=554501
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 11:07 PM   #2920
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
Blue are expresways for example Kragujevac - Batocina

http://www.nibens.rs/uploads/gallery...a92405c2e4.JPG
OK. Thanks for that.
So 100 km/h speed limit is only on express ways (blue) or also on some yellow ones?

I know somewhere between Kovin and Vrsac there is small stretch of 100, but I think not even 1km, I found it incredible strange.

I'm asking because I was almost always driving 80 km/h tops on Serbian roads (excluding autoput), to not get into trouble, but maybe I could go more, many drivers do go more and overtake me.

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija