daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 8th, 2011, 06:22 PM   #2961
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7676

Couple of fresh shot of the Ada bridge...

CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 10th, 2011, 04:35 AM   #2962
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Awesome bridge. Does Ada Ciganlija have anything to do with gypsies (cigani)?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2011, 08:34 AM   #2963
rbagio85

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso
It does,ciganin,or politicaly correct rom,stands for gypsy,ciganlija is an abreviation.
rbagio85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2011, 10:14 AM   #2964
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
no, latin
sigan-island
lia-underwater soil
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2011, 12:27 PM   #2965
rbagio85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen
no, latin
sigan-island
lia-underwater soil
Thanks,sound better,didn“t know that.
Old November 10th, 2011, 01:00 PM   #2966
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
no, latin
sigan-island
lia-underwater soil
In a fairytale. As "ada" is a Turkish word there is no reason to believe that someone in that age would come up with a Latin name let alone double it as "island island underwater soil". Plus Latin for island is insula, and underwater soil, I don't even know what that is. It's simply "Gypsy Island", and since you are taking your info from Wikipedia you can read a more proper evidence and not speculation there about Germans and Italians calling the place Zigeuner Insel and Isola degli Zingari, respectivelly.

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #2967
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Finally....

Quote:
Construction of a new loop in the Boulevard of Despot Stefan start in spring
Easier access to "Pancevo" bridge

Author: M. Krtinić

The new loop that will connect Boulevard of Despot Stefan and Pancevo bridge could begin in the spring to be built, according to the Directorate for City Building Land and Construction of Belgrade. The new intersection will solve decades-old problem of crossing the roads and allow easier and safer for traffic to turn "Pancevo" Boulevard of Despot Stefan.

- The drafting of the project after that will be followed by the collection of necessary approvals. If all goes well, we expect to start construction work in the spring - told Today Nenad Bajic from the Directorate for urban land.

The construction of these loops will be avoided so far the vehicles crossing the bridge and go to those who come from the direction of Kara, which will be supplied safer and more efficient vehicles out onto the bridge.

Bajic According to him, only after the complete development of the project will be known how much money is needed to build a new loop.

- When we have finished the project, we will be able to talk about the means that are handle it. Now we can only guess - Bajic explained.

Bajic According to him, the construction of the loop has nothing to do with the continuation of Pancevo bridge reconstruction.

- The first phase of work during which he replaced and reinforced construction of the bridge has long been completed. Funding for this part of the work provided by the City. Continuation of works depends on the Ministry of Infrastructure, given that the second phase of the national authority - Bajic said.

Recall, according to the protocol which was signed in the 2008th year, provided that the Pancevo bridge reconstruction implemented in two phases. Second phase of work on the planned reconstruction of the carriageway bridge and railway line, and rehabilitation of access roads.

"Pančevac" is the only bridge which spanned the Danube in Belgrade. This is the shortest way to this part of Vojvodina, so pass over it daily more than 100,000 vehicles and about half a million people.

[img]http://i52.************/2hxolu1.jpg[/img]
-Google-tranlated
Old November 10th, 2011, 01:13 PM   #2968
rbagio85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum

In a fairytale. As "ada" is a Turkish word there is no reason to believe that someone in that age would come up with a Latin name let alone double it as "island island underwater soil". Plus Latin for island is insula, and underwater soil, I don't even know what that is. It's simply "Gypsy Island", and since you are taking your info from Wikipedia you can read a more proper evidence and not speculation there about Germans and Italians calling the place Zigeuner Insel and Isola degli Zingari, respectivelly.
Guys,person who started with this is Slovenian,and certainly knows the real meaning,I asume that he or she just wanted to come up with joke,so let us just ignore it.
Old November 10th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #2969
Verso
Islander

No, I didn't know it was actually called after gypsies, but the name is obviously very similar to the word "gypsy" (cigan), so I asked, if it's really called after them and why. But now I see it's in English Wikipedia although I looked in the article! Anyway, thanks for the answers.
Old November 10th, 2011, 05:37 PM   #2970
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Huge interest for remanining sections of Corridor 10...hopefully, they will all be tendered & awarded within the next few months

Quote:
Everyone interested in building Corridor 10 through Serbia

10.11.2011 11:02:00 | Author/Source PressCut

Foreign companies are showing great interest in construction of the remaining sections of Corridor 10 highways through Serbia. Approximately 15 bidders compete in each of the tenders.

The bidders usually offer prices that are 30 to 40 percent lower than Serbia planned. It is quite obvious that the global economic downturn has hit construction companies really bad. Competition is fierce and the companies are ready to know the prices down to the very minimum.
(Tanjug )
Old November 10th, 2011, 05:41 PM   #2971
Filipdr

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
No, I didn't know it was actually called after gypsies, but the name is obviously very similar to the word "gypsy" (cigan), so I asked, if it's really called after them and why. But now I see it's in English Wikipedia although I looked in the article! Anyway, thanks for the answers.
Ada has nothing to do with gypsies. And to be honest, I don't like the name...
Filipdr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #2972
Filipdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Huge interest for remanining sections of Corridor 10...hopefully, they will all be tendered & awarded within the next few months
Good news!
Old November 11th, 2011, 12:56 AM   #2973
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
at least I have any source you have none.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #2974
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1591

Google translated
Quote:
No one knows how it got its name

The origin of the name Ada Ciganlija it remains unclear.

- One story is that the term was coined by baskets makers Gypsies, who are at this point, cut osier, and made baskets.

- Another interpretation is that the term was coined by merging the Celtic words singa (Island) and Lia (underwater land). Over time the name evolved into Singalia Ciganlija, and so remained until today.
Quote:
Ne zna se kako je dobila ime

Poreklo imena Ada Ciganlija do danas je ostalo nejasno.

- Jedna od priča je da je naziv nastao po korparima Ciganima, koji su na ovom mestu sekli vrbovo pruće i pravili korpe.

- Drugo tumačenje je da je naziv nastao spajanjem keltskih reči Singa (ostrvo) i Lia (podvodno zemljište). Vremenom je naziv Singalia prerastao u Ciganlija, i tako je ostalo do danas.
Source:

http://www.blic.rs/Vesti/Beograd/173...a-i-sve-lepsa-
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 03:47 AM   #2975
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Report from the Gazelle bridge - where all six lanes will finally open up for traffic Saturday evening, as another phase of more than 50 million euro worth reconstruction of Belgrade's busiest bridge draws to a close. Completion of the entire job is scheduled for March next year.

Last edited by CrazySerb; November 11th, 2011 at 04:02 AM.
Old November 11th, 2011, 04:17 AM   #2976
Verso
Islander

Wait, now it will be 2×4, but it used to be 2×3 lanes, right?
Old November 11th, 2011, 04:17 AM   #2977
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Google-translated article...

Quote:
SOON highway between GRDELICA to Vladicin Han
Thursday, 10 November, 2011.

VLADIČIN HAN - The "Corridors of Serbia" held a meeting with predtenderski bidders interested in the construction of Corridor 10 road Grdelica to Vladicin Han. Interested bidders are familiar with the general characteristics of the project, the route, the planned schedule of works and technical details. After presenting the project organized a tour of the route.

Construction is planned in several lots. The first is for an open track sections Grdelica (Upper Field) - Caričina Valley and bridges on the part of Grdelica - Tunnel Predejane, the total length of six kilometers, with eight bridges and overpasses and the deadline for the construction of 720 days.

Lot includes two open tracks and bridges on the part of the tunnel Predejane - Caričina Valley, the total length of 4.5 kilometers, with eight bridges, overpasses and two-loop Predejane, too, for a period of 720 days.

The third lot is the length of the tunnel Predejane about 1,100 meters and a deadline for the construction of 900 days, and highway Caričina Valley - Vladicin Han.

The fourth lot is for the construction of the tunnel "Manaj" total length of 1,800 meters and a deadline of 900 days.

Old November 11th, 2011, 02:33 PM   #2978
SokoX

Likes (Received): 403

387 kupuj! Podrzi domacu privredu!
SokoX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #2979
Filipdr

Let's just hope that they meet the deadline of 720 days, well they have to.
Old November 11th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #2980
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipdr View Post

Let's just hope that they meet the deadline of 720 days, well they have to.
well ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post

The third lot is the length of the tunnel Predejane about 1,100 meters and a deadline for the construction of 900 days, and highway Caričina Valley - Vladicin Han.

The fourth lot is for the construction of the tunnel "Manaj" total length of 1,800 meters and a deadline of 900 days.
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija