daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 23rd, 2011, 05:27 PM   #3181
dragon0405

Likes (Received): 0

He can`t be elected again after two mandates, only if he want seat in parliament, or lead a new goverment as prime minister, but i would not count on that
dragon0405 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #3182
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7681

Looks like that last section of Horgos-Novi Sad motorway, a five kilometer stretch near Srbobran, may have been completed, at least that's what the newly updated map on "Corridor 10" website seems to suggest - no confirmation yet though:

In other news, serious cost overrun has been revealed in regards to construction of new Beska bridge and repair of old bridge ... double the agreed price, or 80 million euros will be paid out to Austria's Alpine & Germany's DSD.

CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 08:16 PM   #3183
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

The race is on...

Quote:
Tadic: Must overtake Romanian-Bulgarian Corridor
24. December 2011. | 07:09

Source: Tanjug

Serbian President Boris Tadic said on Dec. 22 that the section of the highway from Pirot to the Bulgarian border, in Corridor 10, was very important because Serbia needed to attract transporters and producers.

Serbian President Boris Tadic said on Dec. 22 that the section of the highway from Pirot to the Bulgarian border, in Corridor 10, was very important because Serbia needed to attract transporters and producers.

"It is important that we overtake the corridor which goes through Romania and Bulgaria and that we link the largest part of transport to us. Whoever gets to the girl first, gets the girl!," said Tadic during a visit to a building site on the section of Corridor 10 near Pirot and Dimitrovgrad.

Tadic underscored that Bulgaria and Romania were building the Calafat Vidin bridge while Serbia had completed the bridge at Beska and was completing the bridge over the Sava in Belgrade which he said was also important.
He added that the remaining tenders for contractors for work on the entire section from Nis to the Bulgarian border would soon be finished.
Quote:
Tadic visits works on Corridor 10
23. December 2011. | 06:27

Source: Tanjug

Serbian President Boris Tadic visited the Corridor 10 eastern branch near Dimitrovgrad on Thursday, and underscored that loans for funding the construction of the traffic infrastructure are economically and ethically justified.

Serbian President Boris Tadic visited the Corridor 10 eastern branch near Dimitrovgrad on Thursday, and underscored that loans for funding the construction of the traffic infrastructure are economically and ethically justified.

Through loans for construction of motorways and railway, the country is taking on debt for the future generations, and nobody can say such a debt is unethical, Tadic said after visiting two spots on the Pirot-Dimitrovgrad section of the motorway, together with Minister of Infrastructure and Energy Milutin Mrkonjic and Minister of Environment, Mining and Spatial Planning Oliver Dulic.

Tadic underscored that it is exceptionally important to ensure the Corridor 10 eastern branch is completed before the motorway through Bulgaria and Romania is finished because this will draw the main transport line connecting Asia Minor and Western Europe across Serbia.

He stated that tenders for construction of all sections of Corridor 10 will soon be closed, but the realisation of works will be very difficult due to the terrain structure. The president did not wish to bid on deadlines for completion of works because setting deadlines proved unreliable many times before.

We will not give in at any cost, Tadic said and expressed belief that the current government will be able to leave the country in a better shape than was the case when their mandate began.

Tadic underscored the significance of completion of bypass roads around Belgrade as the section of Corridor 10 which is marked by heaviest traffic and pointed to the the importance of prompt realisation of works on Corridor 11, the first being the Cacak-Preljina section for which the financial part of the deal should be completed by the end of 2011 and early in 2012.

We want to bring a chance for life and work to every part of the country, but it is not the time for us to make promises, it is time we did some work, Tadic said. Tadic pointed out the importance of investments in the railway system, since the modernisation of Corridor 10 is of key importance for economic development.

He said that apart from investments in road infrastructure, development of construction industry requires intensification of works in the area of building construction which will not be fully feasible during the economic crisis. Having visited the works on the sports hall in Bela Palanka on Thursday, Tadic recalled that by investing in projects such as this one, the government is trying to assist the building construction sector as much as it can.

Tadic thanked reporters for refraining from political questions on this occasion because for the moment, it is much more important to talk about economy. The 14.4 kilometre-long section from Pirot to Dimitrovgrad has been divided into two segments, the six kilometre-long Pirot-Sukov section and the 8.4 kilometre-long section from Sukov to Dimitrovgrad.

The value of motorway construction works totals EUR 28 million and the project is funded by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. The works are performed by Austrian company Alpina and should be completed by May 2012.

The Corridor 10 eastern branch through Serbia from Prosek near Nis to Dimitrovgrad on the border with Bulgaria is some 83 kilometres long. Tadic will visit Pirot on Thursday where he will visit Tigar A.D. factory and Tigar Tyres (Michelin).

Last edited by CrazySerb; December 25th, 2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old December 25th, 2011, 09:28 PM   #3184
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9150

With more than 250 km curvy and steep mountain 1+1 roads in Romania and about 150 km 1+1 roads in North-western Bulgaria, I don't think the bridge Vidin-Calafat is much of a concurrence to Corridor 10. And moreover, the two serve quite a different traffic. There's a lot of traffic from Thessaloniki to the north - Poland for example, which will go to Vidin-Calafat. Some people from Bulgaria may prefer to travel to Central and Northern Europe through Vidin-Calafat to Hungary, but a lot of traffic for Western Europe doesn't go through Hungary at all, but goes west of Belgrade through Croatia and Slovenia.
The only advantage for EU citizens after/if Bulgaria and Romania enter the Schengen treaty will be, that through Vidin-Calafat there will be no exiting the EU and no border controls at all.
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2011, 03:43 PM   #3185
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilio View Post
With more than 250 km curvy and steep mountain 1+1 roads in Romania and about 150 km 1+1 roads in North-western Bulgaria, I don't think the bridge Vidin-Calafat is much of a concurrence to Corridor 10. And moreover, the two serve quite a different traffic. There's a lot of traffic from Thessaloniki to the north - Poland for example, which will go to Vidin-Calafat. Some people from Bulgaria may prefer to travel to Central and Northern Europe through Vidin-Calafat to Hungary, but a lot of traffic for Western Europe doesn't go through Hungary at all, but goes west of Belgrade through Croatia and Slovenia.
The only advantage for EU citizens after/if Bulgaria and Romania enter the Schengen treaty will be, that through Vidin-Calafat there will be no exiting the EU and no border controls at all.
I agree. Although in 2-3 years Danube Bridge 2 will be finally completed , BG & RO will finally be part of the Schengen agreement and hopefully Romania will have a continuous motorway between Lugoj and Hungarian border, I don't think all these arguments will divert much of the traffic from Corridor X. The bridge is indeed very necessary for the North-South traffic and of course, to connect some poor regions of two EU countries, but the southern branch of Corridor IV won't be a competition for Corridor X.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2011, 03:46 PM   #3186
MHN
Romania

Likes (Received): 1419

Also, my opinion.
Old December 27th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #3187
most
Coridor Rin-Dunare DN6

Likes (Received): 555

Quote:
With more than 250 km curvy and steep mountain 1+1 roads in Romania and about 150 km 1+1 roads in North-western Bulgaria, I don't think the bridge Vidin-Calafat is much of a concurrence to Corridor 10. [...]
I totally agree with you! But a shorter Cenad - Timisoara - Drobeta - Calafat -Sofia motorway could be an alternative to C X.
Or Cenad - Timisoara - Drobeta - Craiova - Bechet - Oriahovo - Sofia, if a new bridge will be built.
Calafat - Vidin bridge could also be important for the Beograd - Paracin - Zajecar - Vidin - Calafat - Craiova - Bucuresti - Constanta route.

Last edited by most; December 27th, 2011 at 04:30 PM.
most no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #3188
Sawovsky
Шар Планино, долазим ти..

Likes (Received): 4357

We hope that one day Paraćin-Zaječar could be a motorway, and further to Vidin.

Facebook stranica časopisa PLAY!Zine - svakog dana nagradna igra!

Klan RUR - najveća srpska gaming zajednica još od 1998. godine. Svakog dana najnovije vesti iz sveta esporta. http://klanrur.co.rs/
Sawovsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2011, 01:31 AM   #3189
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Encouraging news, even if pretty insignifacant at this point in time...the very first kilometers of the much talked about "Corridor 11", a planned motorway link between Romania's city of Timisioara and Montenegro's port of Bar via Serbia, have been opened in time for the holidays. More precisely, its the first ~3km section of a new bypass around Vrsac, a town near the Romanian border.

According the words of Serbia's infrastructure minister, next year work will continue on sections towards both Belgrade & Romania...

Last edited by CrazySerb; December 28th, 2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old December 28th, 2011, 02:21 AM   #3190
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18300

Is there a map with this bypass? To bad I am no longer in Timisoara, or I would have tried the bypass out in spring...
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2011, 02:25 AM   #3191
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

I've looked for it but couldn't find anything precise. We've got no active forumers from Vrsac so I still don't have any idea of what has actually been built.

This is the only map I was able to find...

Old December 28th, 2011, 02:39 AM   #3192
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Thanks, it's still a good map. So it bypasses the city on the West.
I guess it's signed, and if you pay attention after crossing the border, you can spot it .
To bad it doesn't also connect road 126 that goes South towards Bela Crkva and Kovin/Smederevo.
Old December 28th, 2011, 06:05 AM   #3193
most
Coridor Rin-Dunare DN6

Likes (Received): 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawovsky View Post
We hope that one day Paraćin-Zaječar could be a motorway, and further to Vidin.
...and to Craiova by Calafat - Craiova motorway (C IV). The motorway will be built after 2014.
most no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2011, 07:09 AM   #3194
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1593

My understanding is that now is completed phase 1 of 3 planned phases of Vršac bypass,
(2.6 km of 8.5 km)
that is shown blue on image bellow

a connection (bypass extension) to road 126 is planned

sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #3195
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Thanks for info
Old December 28th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #3196
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Great maps, just what I had been looking for

New border crossing between Romania & Serbia opened today....

Quote:
Joint Serbian-Romanian patrol to be formed to control state border

Prahovo, 28 Dec 2011 – First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior Ivica Dacic and Romanian Minister of the Interior Constantin Traian Igas today opened Djerdap II border crossing.

On the border line, at the middle of the dam, Dacic and Traian Igas affirmed that the Serbian and Romanian police forces plan to form a joint patrol to control the state border, including the Danube’s course.

Dacic noted that this will help to improve the already successful fight against cross-border crime, noting that the meeting also concerned the establishment of a “contact point” on Djerdap I.

This “contact point” will serve for exchange of information and direct communication of border and criminal police units of Serbia and Romania.

Dacic said that he discussed with the Romanian Minister of the Interior trilateral cooperation with the Bulgarian police and the inclusion of the police of this country in joint activities in the control of national borders.

Traian Igas expressed willingness to organise joint patrols of the Romanian and Serbian police in controlling the borders, and reiterated that crime knows no borders.

For this reason, the police forces of the two countries must cooperate in this area, given that the common interest is that the criminal activities be kept under control, the Romanian Minister of the Interior concluded.

Last edited by CrazySerb; December 28th, 2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old December 28th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #3197
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

^ Yes, finally good news! I've seen it also in the Romanian media. Here is a picture with Mr. Ivica Dačić showing his passport. Behind him, also smiling, Romanian Minister Traian Igaş:

Source
Old December 29th, 2011, 05:46 PM   #3198
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

But the one border crossing between Serbia & Romania that I would really like to see one day would be here...

Quote:
Some 800 Mln Euro Earmarked for Road Construction/Upgrades in Serbia in 2012

29.12.2011 12:42:00 | Author/Source www.seenews.com

Some 800 million euro ($1.0 billion) will be invested in the upgrade of existing and the construction of new roads in Serbia in 2012, local media reported, quoting executives from state-owned company Koridori Srbije and road maintenance and construction firm Putevi Srbije [BEL:PUUE].

Between 350 milliion and 400 million euro will be invested in road construction works in Serbia in 2012, news agency Beta (www.beta.rs) reported on Tuesday, quoting Koridori Srbije director Mihailo Misic.
Old December 30th, 2011, 12:44 AM   #3199
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9150

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post

But the one border crossing between Serbia & Romania that I would really like to see one day would be here...
Isn't it open from time to time?
I have travelled through this border crossing in 1994, entering Serbia from Bregovo-Negotin.
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 12:29 PM   #3200
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Quote:
Isn't it open from time to time?
I have travelled through this border crossing in 1994, entering Serbia from Bregovo-Negotin.
Nope, the border crossing is now at 18 kms away, on the dam of Djerdap I/Porţile de Fier I/Iron Gates I hydropower plant. I think CrazySerb was talking about a bridge to directly connect Turnu Severin (RO) and Kladovo (SRB).

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija