daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 5th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #3261
Filipdr

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
What about ship traffic, where is routed?
Zemun-Borča bridge visualization:

Filipdr no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #3262
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

This is final state, but I wonder now during the construction. On the above picture is it obvious, that temporary bridge closes almost whole river width.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #3263
Filipdr

Quote:
This is final state, but I wonder now during the construction. On the above picture is it obvious, that temporary bridge closes almost whole river width.
I think that they will leave a passageway for the ships, I mean, they can't just close the second largest river in Europe because of the bridge construction...
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #3264
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16174

Quote:
What about ship traffic, where is routed?
I guess the temporary bridge will not go all the way.

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #3265
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipdr View Post
I think that they will leave a passageway for the ships, I mean, they can't just close the second largest river in Europe because of the bridge construction...
Maybe they can, they are Chinese and probably don't care about our beloved Danube...
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #3266
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
I guess the temporary bridge will not go all the way.
Currently they go almost all the way. I don't believe, that there is enough space for bigger ships here:
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4541/83468134.jpg

I don't know about you but I don't trust Chinese much.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #3267
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Quote:
I have the same feeling.
Old January 5th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #3268
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
I have the same feeling.
CBRC has some very good references so I don't see any point in your doubts

Old January 5th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #3269
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7686

More than 400 million euros to be spent on motorway construction in Serbia during 2012...prorities will be Corridors 10 & 11, as well as a connecting motorway between them.

Google-translated...

Quote:
The construction of highways around 400 million euros in 2012.

BELGRADE - The "Corridors of Serbia" has announced that this year the construction of highways through Serbia will be invested around 400 million euros and will be a priority Corridors 10 and 11, as well as preparation for the construction of the highway between Pojata to Preljina.

Serbia is to have acquired the highway through Vojvodina ending stocks in length about 88 kilometers from Horgos to Novi Sad, as well as the completion of construction of a new bridge over the Danube at Beska, told Tanjug director of "Corridor of Serbia" Mihajlo Misic, recalling that the two sections of 10 kilometers, near Novi Sad and Subotica has built the 2009th

Muscle is said to be in 2011. built a highway about 180 kilometers of Corridor 10 to the highest European and national standards.

He said that this year despite all the difficulties to be successful, because it is in the north fully completed 88 kilometers of highway constructed or semi-highway.

Misic said that in this way local radio consortium, so the money invested in highway construction pouring into our economy.

European corridors include built with six-lane highway, a route of Corridor 10 in our country stretches over 800 kilometers per directions Sid - Belgrade, Kelebija - Subotica, Horgos - Belgrade, Belgrade - Nis - Macedonian border and Nis - Dimitrovgrad.

This year, according to Arm, will continue construction of the "Y" branch of Corridor 10 from the border crossing Kelebija to Subotica in the length of 22 kilometers, which will complete the northern branch of Corridor 10 in our country.

Misic said that in 2012. be continued construction of bypass around Belgrade, continued construction of the eastern arm of Nis to Dimitrovgrad and south of the Grabovnica Leksovca to Mekedoniji to Levosoje, as had already built the highway to the border crossing Levosoje Tabanovci.

At the eastern branch of Corridor 10 is intensively working on the route from Pirot to the border with Bulgaria, and the other sections are at the end of the tender procedure or perform preparatory work.

The southern branch of Leskovac works are carried out only between Vranje and Bujanovac on section Lower Neradovac - Serbian house, while for other stocks at the end of the tenders for the contractor, except for the section of Serbian houses to Levosoje which is expected implementation of tender procedures.

"In 2012. we expect substantial completion of construction of certain sections on the route to the Bulgarian border and start serious work on the southern branch of Corridor 10 towards the Macedonian border, and on the highway Belgrade - South Adriatic (Corridor 11), she said.

Motorway on the Corridor 10 in Serbia, he said, will be fully completed no later than the end of 2015. year.

The route of the so-called. Corridor 11 through Serbia in about 380 kilometers long stretching from Romania in Vrsac ganic Boljare the Montenegrin border and there is currently construction work on the section of Ub to Lajkovac and Construction of Vrsac.

Misic said that this year will be working on completion of project documentation for construction of a highway to connect corridors 10 and 11 and Pojate - Preljina - Pozega, as well as the route from Obrenovac to Belgrade.

Beta
published: 05.01.2012.

CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #3270
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

I am not a moderator here. Hopefully someone like ChrisZwolle could do it.

Old January 5th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #3271
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
More than 400 million euros to be spent on motorway construction in Serbia during 2012...prorities will be Corridors 10 & 11, as well as a connecting motorway between them.

Google-translated...
No plans for Belgrade - Romanian border (Timisoara) yet?
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #3272
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

That was announced by Vojvodina Government but they can't finance that under any circumstances. I think it will be constructed but only after Belgrade-Bar highway is finished.

Old January 5th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #3273
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Nothing concrete yet. But Romania isn't in any hurry to build towards Serbia either - it's building two motorways towards Hungary instead, which I think is not really that well thought out - especially since a motorway link-up with, lets say a country like Italy that has considerable economic presence in Romania, through Slovenia/Croatia/Serbia is far more speedier & convinient - not to mention that most of the infrastructure is already in place.
Old January 5th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #3274
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
That was announced by Vojvodina Government but they can't finance that under any circumstances. I think it will be constructed but only after Belgrade-Bar highway is finished.
No way, it will be built sooner than that - of course, if the government is competent enough, which is often too much to expect.
At the current rate, Belgrade-Bar motorway, even most optimistically, won't be completed until at least 2020

Its rough terrain down there, requiring billions of euros for tunnels & bridges - while a Belgrade-Timisoara motorway through mostly flat terrain certainly won't require that much time & effort.

In my opinion, work on the motorway towards Romania will most likely start next year, or 2014 at the latest.
Old January 5th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #3275
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Quote:
while a Belgrade-Timisoara motorway through mostly flat terrain certainly won't require that much time & effort.
The same could be said about Novi Sad-Subotica yet it took decades

Old January 5th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #3276
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Somewhat off-topic but speaking of Belgrade-Bar...this is the railway equivalent of the future motorway. Its a perfect illustration of what the construction crews will be up against very soon...the sections shown here are through Serbia, while in Montenegro, it gets even rougher

Old January 5th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #3277
Filipdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
As far as I know, plans for a motorway towards Romania existed a long time ago, and it is still one of the motorway construction priorities in Serbia since the motorway Belgrade-Romanian border (or most likely eastern part of E-70 through Serbia) is part of the Corridor 11.

Keep in mind that these are older pictures (from 2006 or even older), so they don't show the precise date or construction progress of the motorways through Serbia, but they are nice source of information for the plans of future motorway construction in the country:

As you can see in both pictures, SRB-RO motorway is one of priorities.
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #3278
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Quote:
Somewhat off-topic but speaking of Belgrade-Bar...this is the railway equivalent of the future motorway. Its a perfect illustration of what the construction crews will be up against very soon...the sections shown here are through Serbia, while in Montenegro, it gets even rougher [...]
Wow! Amazing piece of engineering and the landscape is breathtaking. Being winter, it looks even more spectacular.
At some point I stopped counting the tunnels . When was it built and which is the highest altitude?
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #3279
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4005

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Wow! Amazing piece of engineering and the landscape is breathtaking. Being winter, it looks even more spectacular.
At some point I stopped counting the tunnels . When was it built and which is the highest altitude?
Belgrade-Bar railway was officialy opened in 1976. Highest point is 1,032 m at town of Kolašin in Montenegro.
Alex_ZR está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #3280
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

What about the southern part of the Corridor X? As far as I know there were already tendered 2 sections: Grabovnica – Grdelica and Vladičin Han – Donji Neradovac but the works didnt start yet, why?

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija