daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:06 PM   #3341
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

I wish you happy new year aswell, altough it is a bit too late, I thought it was allready on 5th January, but there was the Serbian christmas. I wanted to say aswell, that Serbia and Croatia have the best radio stations I have heart in europe, a lot of choise there and you hear lots of good stuff that is not on the charts, I am wondering if lots of people listen that or prefer Serbian folk music. Austria and Hungary are not bad aswell.

Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:28 PM   #3342
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
I wish you happy new year aswell, altough it is a bit too late, I thought it was allready on 5th January, but there was the Serbian christmas. I wanted to say aswell, that Serbia and Croatia have the best radio stations I have heart in europe, a lot of choise there and you hear lots of good stuff that is not on the charts, I am wondering if lots of people listen that or prefer Serbian folk music. Austria and Hungary are not bad aswell.
Ok, this is way offtopic but... Serbian folk music? For sure? First off, it's not folk music, its turbofolk, and it's got actually nothing with real Serbian folk music. Turbo folk is mainly middle eastern/turkish themes wrapped up in a more modern and appealing package.

Now, although turbo junk is big in Serbia (like in Bulgaria too), I'd say it's hard to give estimations. I'd say probably 70% goes to 'normal' music and 30% to the jihadists. On the other hand, house is pretty big in Serbia.

Ofc, these are only my estimations, I don't think music can be quantified easily, or at all.
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:31 PM   #3343
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

Turbo folk? Turbo Junk? Jihadists? What does that have to do with Serbian roads?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:33 PM   #3344
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7704

Time for the broom

Some news...

Quote:
Serbia: World Bank plan 100 mln euro for roads maintenance
20 January, 17:31

BELGRADE, JANUARY 20 - The World Bank is planning to set aside EUR100 million for financing maintenance, reconstruction and improving safety on roads in Serbia, Director for Southeast Europe and Central Asia Jane Armitage said.

Beta news agency was told in the bank's office in Serbia that the money was planned as part of a new four-year partnership strategy from 2012 to 2015, for which the bank expects to secure from 600 to 800 million US$ for financing in Serbia.

Armitage and the director of the bank's office in Serbia Loup Brefort met with Infrastructure and Energy Minister Milutin Mrkonjic in Belgrade The bank representatives said they hoped the good cooperation with Serbia would continue in the new economic program, as well.

In July 2009, the World Bank approved a 388 million US$ loan to Serbia for the construction of the highway on Corridor 10. Works on the corridor are also being financed with a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and from the Serbian budget. (ANSAmed)
Quote:
€80m to be saved while constructing Corridor 10

Belgrade, 19 Jan 2012 – Minister of Infrastructure and Energy Milutin Mrkonjic today stated that during the construction of Corridor 10 up to €80 million from loans will be saved and used for the rehabilitation of the other motorway lane on the northern motorway branch or for the construction of the southern branch near Neradovac.

At a meeting with World Bank Country Director and Regional Coordinator for Southeast Europe Jane Armitage and head of the World Bank office in Serbia Lu Brefor, Mrkonjic stressed that over the past three and a half years 180 kilometres of Corridor 10 have been completed, while 150 kilometres are either still under construction or their tenders are near completion.

The Minister said that Serbia will not raise road tolls, voicing his expectation that an increase in traffic intensity will create more revenues.

In terms of traffic, Serbia is in an excellent geographical position and the construction of good road infrastructure will lead us faster towards Europe, but also create a more stable economic situation, Mrkonjic stressed.

He announced that road maintenance will from now on be entrusted to companies selected at tenders, adding that this will help to save more funds.

Traffic at border crossings has been considerably stepped up thanks to a better organisation of services at borders where the customs, police, phytopathological and other matters have been combined and are now under the jurisdiction of a single ministry.
Quote:
Russians and Azerbaijanis offered Corridor 11 building deals
20. January 2012. | 07:36

Source: Beta

Minister for Infrastructure Milutin Mrkonjic stated on Jan. 18 that the building of two 25kilometer sections of the highway from Belgrade to Cacak has been offered to Russian companies, and one to Azerbaijan.

Minister for Infrastructure Milutin Mrkonjic stated on Jan. 18 that the building of two 25kilometer sections of the highway from Belgrade to Cacak has been offered to Russian companies, and one to Azerbaijan.

Speaking at a news conference, Mrkonjic explained that the Russians have been offered sections along the socalled Corridor 11, from Obrenovac to Ub and from Lajkovac to Ljig, while the section from Ljig to Cacak has been offered to companies from Azerbaijan.

"In this phase we are still talking. The agreement has not been signed. Several companies from these two countries are interested," he said, adding that Serbia will accept these deals only if the conditions offered are the same as those from Chinese credits and loans from the World Bank.

Mrkonjic said he expected the agreements to be reached in the next two months and that the realization of projects will start on April 1. Currently underway is the construction of the 12.7kilometer segment between Ub and Lajkovac and, according to estimates of the Putevi Srbije road company, around EUR500 million will be needed for the construction of the remaining 90 kilometers of the highway from Belgrade to Cacak.
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:34 PM   #3345
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

I hate turbo folk, but it seems in Bulgaria it is decreasing a bit, since it is not allowed everywhere now, they want to get rid of the music cause otherwise a lot of people would listen to that. It is good that Serbia has a big house scene.

Chris, where should I discuss such things else, do you think a lot of people visit the roadside rest area?

Last edited by radi6404; January 22nd, 2012 at 07:39 PM.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 08:00 PM   #3346
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Serbia's infrastructure minister toured the construction sites along Belgrade's motorway bypass yesterday - it has been confirmed that on May 1st, somewhat "ahead of schedule", additional sections will open, including the ~10km full profile Batajnica-Dobanovci section and Orlovaca-Avalski put section.

The entire ~47km full profile bypass between Batajnica & Bubanj Potok is scheduled for completion sometime in late 2014/15, when work should begin on the next phase, towards the city of Pancevo.

Old January 22nd, 2012, 09:59 PM   #3347
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9157

Is "Cvor" = "Intersection"? In Bulgarian that word is a part of a tree trunk, where the branches go out, but also a word that people use in street language to describe someone dumb.
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:11 PM   #3348
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Literally, it means knot.

Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:19 PM   #3349
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Great night shot of the new Ada bridge:

Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:19 PM   #3350
bogdymol
bogdymod

Great pic
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 08:53 PM   #3351
geor

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Great night shot of the new Ada bridge:
This bridge is really worth seeing. Welldone for design. Greetings from Zagreb.
geor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 09:40 PM   #3352
Filipdr

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by geor View Post
This bridge is really worth seeing. Welldone for design. Greetings from Zagreb.
Thanks!
Filipdr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2012, 01:54 AM   #3353
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

@ Crazy

How accurate is that map of highways in Beograd? Will the UMP really head in that north-west direction? It seems the the SMT and UMP are needlessly paralleling each other in that area. Where is the Zemun-Borča Bride? Doesn't it link to the SMT? I know you have a vast inventory of maps, and you are our local expert in these matters. Thanks
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2012, 07:48 AM   #3354
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1603

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallae2 View Post

Quote:

I believe that UMP (Inner City-Center Bypass) and SMT (Outer Bypass) are more accurately shown at the map bellow.

sallae2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #3355
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

Thank you Sallae2
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #3356
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers
Likes (Received): 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilio View Post
Is "Cvor" = "Intersection"? In Bulgarian that word is a part of a tree trunk, where the branches go out, but also a word that people use in street language to describe someone dumb.
Quote:
Literally, it means knot.
Interesting... In Romanian we have the word 'nod' with 2 meanings:
- tree node
- knot

And we have the expression 'nod rutier' which means highway interchange.
danielstan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #3357
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielstan View Post
Interesting... In Romanian we have the word 'nod' with 2 meanings:
- tree node
- knot

And we have the expression 'nod rutier' which means highway interchange.
same in serbian
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #3358
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9157

In bulgarian also the words for road intersection "Пътен възел" (Paten vazel) is translated directly as "Road knot"
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 12:51 AM   #3359
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16175

Temporary bridge for the construction of the Zemun - Borča bridge

Ni hao!

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:07 AM   #3360
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

they are so tiny
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija