daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 12th, 2012, 09:42 AM   #3601
bogdymol
bogdymod

Thank you! I'm not promising you anything, but I might go there...
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #3602
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7704

Well, from my side, you'll get a bottle of beer (Romanian Ursus or foreign if you prefer) for every five photos you take.
Now, its up to you
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #3603
tanashubav

Likes (Received): 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Sector 0 (Batajnica-Dobanovci) and Sector 5 (Orlovaca-Avalski put):

What about the rest sectors? Are they opened or u/c yet? If the rest, when will be finished?
tanashubav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #3604
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanashubav View Post
What about the rest sectors? Are they opened or u/c yet? If the rest, when will be finished?
The blue and purple colored sections on the map are finished open for traffic already, but not full profile yet.
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #3605
bogdymol
bogdymod

So this means that starting with May 1st you will be able to drive from Batajnica to Bubanj Potok just on the bypass? This info would be very usefull for me.
Old April 12th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #3606
not_just_a_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
So this means that starting with May 1st you will be able to drive from Batajnica to Bubanj Potok just on the bypass? This info would be very usefull for me.
Not quite. It means that you'll be able to drive from Batajnica to Avala road (Avalski put) in one pass. The section from Avala road to Bubanj Potok still remains to be done.
Old April 12th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #3607
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_just_a_lurker View Post
Not quite. It means that you'll be able to drive from Batajnica to Avala road (Avalski put) in one pass. The section from Avala road to Bubanj Potok still remains to be done.
On Google Maps that road appears to be open as Kruzni put (map), but it's just an ordinary one-lane-per-direction road. So it's possible to drive from Batajnica to Bubanj Potok just on bypass (+ this road).
Old April 12th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #3608
not_just_a_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
On Google Maps that road appears to be open as Kruzni put (map), but it's just an ordinary one-lane-per-direction road. So it's possible to drive from Batajnica to Bubanj Potok just on bypass (+ this road).
Fist off, Avalski put is not the same road as Kružni put. But yes, when put it that way, you can (bypass + old kružni put). But like I said, even after the scheduled openings at May 1st, a big chunk of bypass still remains to be finished (not to mention the second carriage way all the way from Surčin/Dobanovci to Bubanj Potok).
Old April 12th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #3609
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1603

This video from last summer may clarify few things ...

A map:

and a video:

Note, that last summer Gazela bridge had two lane closed (out of six) for reconstruction, and Ada bridge was still u/c ...
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #3610
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

So there will be about 7 km left to complete on the bypass, (half profile that is), and those 7 km will take at least another two years to finish.
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 04:19 AM   #3611
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Well, considering how long we've already waited - work originally began in early 90's - what's two more years?

Fresh update from the work site of Belgrade's new 170 million euro worth Danube bridge:

Work has begun on Zemun side as well:

Last edited by CrazySerb; April 13th, 2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old April 18th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #3612
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

This morning, construction began on two more sections of the southern branch of Serbia's Corridor 10 ...

Google-translated:

Quote:
Open works on the highway through Grdelica

Vladicin Han, 18 april 2012th - Serbian Minister of Infrastructure and Energy of the Republic of Serbia, Milutin Mrkonjic said that the construction of two sections of the highway through Grdelica, which began today, is the most difficult challenge for the construction of Corridor 10

Mrkonjić said that work on two sections of the southern branch of Corridor 10 highway E75-Grabovnica-Grdelica and Vladicin Han-Neradovac lower cost approximately 100 million euros, which will be provided from the World Bank loan.

At this stage being built 31 kilometers of road, work performed Greek company "Terna", but is expected to be involved and local subcontractors, said the minister, adding that this year will be over 200 kilometers of highway on Corridor 10

Motorway section of Bujanovac, Presevo to be completed in the next three months, he said, adding that there were difficulties because the expropriation of land and lack of money, considering that the works mentioned in section financed from the budget.

Director of the "Corridor of Serbia" Mihajlo Misic said that in 20 days will open tenders for the winning contractor for the two sections of Grdelice by Empress Valley.

This section of road includes the construction of two tunnels, he said, adding muscle to the section of tunnel construction timeline is three years, and for other, less demanding, for two years.

The objective is to all 12 lots, as the divided south branch of Corridor 10, they opened the site, said muscle.

If everything goes according to schedule, by 2015 we will have a full profile motorway connecting Belgrade-Skopje-Athens

Last edited by CrazySerb; April 18th, 2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #3613
Majevčan
Српски Форум

Likes (Received): 885

Belgrade-Athens, sounds great
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #3614
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Meanwhile, work on another section of Corridor 11 (Belgrade-Bar motorway), some 40km in length, is about to begin as well:

Quote:
Construction of Ljig-Preljina Road in Serbia To Start on April 20

18.4.2012 16:25:00 | Author/Source www.seenews.com

BELGRADE (Serbia), April 18 (SeeNews) – The Serbian infrastructure ministry said that the construction of the motorway section from Ljig to Preljina will start on April 20.

Azerbaijani construction company AzVirt has been contracted to build the road stretch alongside a consortium of five Serbian companies, the ministry said in a statement on its website last week.

Old April 18th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #3615
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Small video + photo update from Sector 5 of Belgrade's motorway bypass:

Old April 18th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #3616
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Short drive along motorway through Belgrade...

Old April 20th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #3617
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Earlier today, work began on the second section of Belgrade-Bar motorway (Corridor 11) - a 40km stretch between Ljig & Preljina financed with a very favourable loan (~308 million euros) from Azerbaijan. The deadline for completion is three and a half years. Five tunnels and seventy-eight bridges will be built.

Old April 21st, 2012, 01:28 AM   #3618
Filipdr

Likes (Received): 2

Nice, another section U/C... I just hope that they won't extend any deadlines.
Filipdr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 02:29 AM   #3619
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1037

Gotta love when I see my Asian communist crew working. China!
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 09:12 AM   #3620
MHN
Romania

Likes (Received): 1420

CrazySerb, thanks for sharing the news about the new U/C section.
Any details regarding the length of the tunnels?

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija