daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:39 AM   #3701
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7685

New connection between Pozeska street and Hippodrome interchange, part of the access road system for Belgrade's newest bridge, has been opened today...

Bonus photo:

Last edited by CrazySerb; May 2nd, 2012 at 08:45 AM.
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2012, 03:59 PM   #3702
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Section of Belgrade ring road to be opened for traffic

Quote:
Belgrade, 2 May 2012 – Minister of Infrastructure and Energy Milutin Mrkonjic said today that the section of Corridor 10 on the Belgrade ring road, from Batajnica to Dobanovci and from Orlovaca interchange to the tunnel Strazevica will be opened for traffic on 3 May, which will enable the relocation of heavy traffic outside the city centre.

Upon his latest visit to the final construction works, Mrkonjic said that this is one of the most difficult to build facilities on Corridor 10.

Serbia and Belgrade have invested great effort to bring this ring road into operation and as of tomorrow it will serve the citizens of this country and especially of the capital, Mrkonjic underlined.

He added that the entire traffic that now burdens the capital of Serbia will go that way, from Batajnica interchange to Belgrade-Zagreb motorway and towards Nis.
The Minister expressed his gratitude to the city authorities for assistance in the termination of this big project.

Batajnica-Dobanovci:

Last edited by CrazySerb; May 2nd, 2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:12 PM   #3703
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

what is the situation in order to go from Novi Sad to Nis ? is it worth to take the unfinished bypass or should i take the old route into the city ?

I am traveling this summer
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:35 PM   #3704
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
Zagreb is present there unlike Beograd in Zagreb. However, there is present inconsistency - somewhere they sign Sid, and on some new signs Sremska Mitrovica.
Eh, I kinda expected that...
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:58 PM   #3705
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_just_a_lurker View Post
Eh, I kinda expected that...
you mean the BG-ZG thing? well i must say that i would like to see on confirmation direction signs Beograd all way down the A3. it would make sense.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:23 PM   #3706
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

I still remember "Beograd 400 km" sign on Zagreb bypass. Long time ago ...
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:36 PM   #3707
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4005

Lipovac (end of motorway in Croatia) is more often listed on signs in Croatia instead of Belgrade. So, Šid in Serbia is analogy to that, I suppose.
Alex_ZR está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:19 PM   #3708
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Zagreb is present there
I know there're a few signs for Zagreb around Belgrade, but not in the main junction (E70×E75). At least it's straight forward, so you don't have to turn off for Zagreb.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:31 PM   #3709
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post
Lipovac (end of motorway in Croatia) is more often listed on signs in Croatia instead of Belgrade. So, Šid in Serbia is analogy to that, I suppose.
no. Lipovac is signed occasionaly out of motorway (the most often as "motorway Zagreb - Lipovac"), you are not going to find it on A3. there are precise ways of towns signed on direction signs along the motorways. so after microregional center Slavonski Brod there are signs to Županja (as the only remaining city along A3) and Beograd (as large international destination). i am too lazy to search it in traffic law now. border crossing is signed only approaching the last exit before it.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:42 PM   #3710
Filipdr

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post
what is the situation in order to go from Novi Sad to Nis ? is it worth to take the unfinished bypass or should i take the old route into the city ?

It's you choice. By taking the "old route" as you call it you'll always use motorways, but don't get surprised if you end up in a huge traffic jam while passing though Belgrade. On the other hand, taking the bypass would be more logical, but since it's not finished yet most of it still won't be a motorway. If I were you I would go through the city, as I always say, it makes the travel much more interesting.

Quote:
you mean the BG-ZG thing? well i must say that i would like to see on confirmation direction signs Beograd all way down the A3. it would make sense.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post

Quote:
no. Lipovac is signed occasionaly out of motorway (the most often as "motorway Zagreb - Lipovac"), you are not going to find it on A3. there are precise ways of towns signed on direction signs along the motorways. so after microregional center Slavonski Brod there are signs to Županja (as the only remaining city along A3) and Beograd (as large international destination). i am too lazy to search it in traffic law now. border crossing is signed only approaching the last exit before it.

I often travel through Croatia (on an E70/A3 motorway), and what I've noticed is that there is not a single "Beograd" sign all the way down to the Slavionia region. Then, from Slavonia to Serbia there are tons of BG signs, but I don't see the point in that. It would be much better if they arranged those signs in Slavonia throughout Croatia instead of putting 100 of them right before the border...

P.S: Almost (if not all) of Šid signs in Belgrade and Serbia overall were Zagreb signs during the time of Yugoslavia. Anyways, I hope that they will add more Zagreb signs soon, at least in Belgrade, or maybe just change/rename some of the current Šid signs to Zagreb signs, something like that. I would also like to see Ljubljana sign on a motorway (E70), maybe just before the Croatian border.

Last edited by Filipdr; May 3rd, 2012 at 02:39 AM.
Filipdr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:15 AM   #3711
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipdr View Post
Then, from Slavonia to Serbia there are tons of BG signs, but I don't see the point in that. It would be much better if they arranged those signs in Slavonia throughout Croatia instead of putting 100 of them right before the border...
That's just so Croatians know where not to go. It's like 100 warning signs when driving up the wrong way on the motorway junction.
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:30 AM   #3712
Filipdr

At least you have a good sense of humor, I'll give you that...

Last edited by Filipdr; May 3rd, 2012 at 02:55 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:44 AM   #3713
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Some more photos of the motorway bypass , which opens tomorrow morning ... I'm guessing some work will continue well into June though they are rushing to "open" it ahead of the upcoming elections.

[/QUOTE]
Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:52 AM   #3714
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:

I often travel through Croatia (on an E70/A3 motorway), and what I've noticed is that there is not a single "Beograd" sign all the way down to the Slavionia region. Then, from Slavonia to Serbia there are tons of BG signs, but I don't see the point in that. It would be much better if they arranged those signs in Slavonia throughout Croatia instead of putting 100 of them right before the border....
As I've said Beograd signs start after Slavonski Brod. They appear of the same places as Slavonski Brod up to that place, as the main direction.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 11:29 AM   #3715
Filipdr

Yes, but it would be nice if they spread BG signs all the way down the E70/A3, that's what I wanted to say...
Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:22 PM   #3716
tfd543

question 1

It's you choice. By taking the "old route" as you call it you'll always use motorways, but don't get surprised if you end up in a huge traffic jam while passing though Belgrade. On the other hand, taking the bypass would be more logical, but since it's not finished yet most of it still won't be a motorway. If I were you I would go through the city, as I always say, it makes the travel much more interesting.

question 2

But is it possible to drive through the bypass coming from Novi Sad to go to Nis ?

How much of the bypass is highway 2x2 profile and how much is 1x1 ?

What will you recommend me to do and when wil the bypass be finished until the junction of the highway linked to Nis ?

By the way, what is the status of the highway from Leskovac to mk border ?
When is the construction start and planned opening ?
Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:26 PM   #3717
tfd543

which day is the best in the summer season to go through serbia in order to avoid queues at the SRB borders in Horgos and Presevo ? will wedensday be good ? middle of the week.
Old May 4th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #3718
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
after war Croatia changed all signs containing Belgrade name and replaced Belgrade with Lipovac, than few years ago they've changed Lipovac with Slavonski Brod.
Quote:
As I've said Beograd signs start after Slavonski Brod. They appear of the same places as Slavonski Brod up to that place, as the main direction.
After finishing new mwy sections from Zupanja to Serbian border, they installed new signs with Belrade.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #3719
bogdymol
bogdymod

Ada bridge

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #3720
Filipdr

Quote:
But is it possible to drive through the bypass coming from Novi Sad to go to Nis?
No, because the last sector (sector 6) is still U/C... All vehicles passing through sector 5 will be redirected to Kruzni put which will later connect you with the E75 motorway towards Nis.

Quote:
How much of the bypass is highway 2x2 profile and how much is 1x1 ?

Sector 0 is a full profile motorway. Sectors 1-5 are a half profile motorway and sector 6 is U/C.

Quote:
What will you recommend me to do and when wil the bypass be finished until the junction of the highway linked to Nis ?
As I sad, it's your choice. Both solutions have their advantages and shortcomings. Currently, there are no official finishing dates for the bypass...

Quote:
By the way, what is the status of the highway from Leskovac to mk border ?
When is the construction start and planned opening ?
Just to make everything simple, that section of E75 is U/C, it won't be a motorway probably (this is just my guess) until 2015 or so.

Quote:
which day is the best in the summer season to go through serbia in order to avoid queues at the SRB borders in Horgos and Presevo ? will wedensday be good ? middle of the week.
Actually, no one knows that for sure. Long queues are usual at Horgos border crossing, especially during the summer season. That is the main reason of Y krak construction.

You can probably take some alternative routes to Kelebija or Djala to avoid Horgos and then later on connect to the Hungarian E75/M5... Look it up on Google Maps.

Last edited by Filipdr; May 4th, 2012 at 12:06 PM.

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija