daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 17th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #3861
Stelian

Likes (Received): 1493

Last summer I was staying for a few days in an appartment in the block next to the football baloon at the top right of the picture.
Stelian no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #3862
Nima-Farid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 13

what's that wide bridge? railway lines? is that nessecary? it ruins the view of the city
Nima-Farid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #3863
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima-Farid View Post
what's that wide bridge? railway lines? is that nessecary? it ruins the view of the city
It's New Belgrade railway station. It's built on pillars.
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:44 AM   #3864
rbagio85

Likes (Received): 126

http://pirotskenovine.rs/index.php?o...0%B5&Itemid=70
rbagio85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:49 AM   #3865
rbagio85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post
It's New Belgrade railway station. It's built on pillars.
You probably thought columns
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #3866
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbagio85 View Post
You probably thought columns
Well it depends whether they are circular or square in section.
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #3867
RoadEngineer

Likes (Received): 530

Hello everyone,
I am a new member but I am reading your posts long time ago. The reason of my application to the forum is the Belgrade bypass. Couple weeks ago I wanted to warn all of people on something but unfortunately I did not. Although the section Batajnica - Dobanovci was opened, only 1/3 of total works are completed on the Batajnica junction. That means that only one from two overpasses as a part of junction is completed without any approach ramps, except, of course, at the ends of the overpass. I pass every day that way and I could say that Dobanovci - Batajnica section is extremely unsafe including Batajnica junction. Only Dobanovci junction looks like comlete. On the entire highway section there is a lot of workers and mechanisation, especially in central reserve which has no guard - rail in Batajnica direction (see the bogdymol`s pics). The workers run across the highway all day, supply vehicles and trucks are parked in emergency lane, and other drivers drive very fast, which is not surprising, because there is no temporary traffic signalisation that should warn them that they drive through the construction site. On the contrary, there is a traffic sign on the beginning of highway "end of all restrictions". As a result of this situation we had a traffic accident with seven injured workers in van http://www.pressonline.rs/sr/vesti/h...n+radnika.html I did not see on this part of forum that anybody mentioned something about that. The most important thing that nobody has died. This should be a big warning to authorities to close the section until end of the works. First priority in road construction is safety. In some countries, like Romania and Serbia, elections are on the first place. And for human life... Who cares.
RoadEngineer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #3868
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

Great reports from our Romanian friends. It is strange that Romanians have to come in order for us to see some quality photos of Serbian mwys
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #3869
RoadEngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbagio85 View Post
There is no chance to be ready for traffic next year. Maybe Alpine Bau will finish their section but it is not useful because two tunnels with about 1.7 km are missing. Those tunnels are part of another contract which signed with greek company Terna and works did not start yet. Deadline for completition is 24 months from the beginning so according to earlier expirience it will be much more.
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #3870
rbagio85

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadEngineer View Post
Hello everyone,
I am a new member but I am reading your posts long time ago. The reason of my application to the forum is the Belgrade bypass. Couple weeks ago I wanted to warn all of people on something but unfortunately I did not. Although the section Batajnica - Dobanovci was opened, only 1/3 of total works are completed on the Batajnica junction. That means that only one from two overpasses as a part of junction is completed without any approach ramps, except, of course, at the ends of the overpass. I pass every day that way and I could say that Dobanovci - Batajnica section is extremely unsafe including Batajnica junction. Only Dobanovci junction looks like comlete. On the entire highway section there is a lot of workers and mechanisation, especially in central reserve which has no guard - rail in Batajnica direction (see the bogdymol`s pics). The workers run across the highway all day, supply vehicles and trucks are parked in emergency lane, and other drivers drive very fast, which is not surprising, because there is no temporary traffic signalisation that should warn them that they drive through the construction site. On the contrary, there is a traffic sign on the beginning of highway "end of all restrictions". As a result of this situation we had a traffic accident with seven injured workers in van http://www.pressonline.rs/sr/vesti/h...n+radnika.html I did not see on this part of forum that anybody mentioned something about that. The most important thing that nobody has died. This should be a big warning to authorities to close the section until end of the works. First priority in road construction is safety. In some countries, like Romania and Serbia, elections are on the first place. And for human life... Who cares.
That's exactly what I tried to point few days ago,in Serbia safety,no matter where,is not playing any role.But some of the members tried to explaine me,that I know s... about that.Thx for bringing this out,and hopefully none of those guys will lose life before they close the section until completion.
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #3871
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

No, but that you obviously can't distinguish between a motorway or expressway and a regular inner-city street. Regular city streets don't need concrete dividers, because if a 2-2 lane city street is deemed dangerous, then the 1-1 streets are just as dangerous, which would mean that we need concrete barriers on all streets throughout the city in every city all around the world, to keep those stupid, stupid, humans from crossing into the oncoming line. Ridiculous.
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #3872
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Still, it is usually preferred that multilane roads have some sort of a median, but it is frequently omitted in urban areas. I'd say it's better to have a divider if the speed limit is 70 km/h or higher.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #3873
RoadEngineer

"New Jersey" concrete elements are standard on important city roads, especially on city roads where is expected traffic load more than 10.000 vehicles/day/direction. Designer probably predicted traffic load less then required.
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #3874
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Still, it is usually preferred that multilane roads have some sort of a median, but it is frequently omitted in urban areas.
There's really no reason to have or not have one on city roads. On wider boulevards it doesn't hurt if they have one, but when there isn't one, it doesn't hurt either. But there's no real need, it doesn't make any real-world difference safety-wise, and it's ridiculous what is happening here, "critisizing" because they don't have one on an elevated pass that is a few hundred meters long and built around space restrictions, where the road that leads to it also doesn't have one, and while there are thousands of roads in Belgrade, or in the city in which each of you live, that have 2 or 4 lanes and no divider. Ridiculous, that's the only word to describe this here.

Quote:
I'd say it's better to have a divider if the speed limit is 70 km/h or higher.
That's a completely different question, of course. We are talking about a 50km/h street, of which there are thousands in each city.
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #3875
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1593

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadEngineer View Post

As a result of this situation we had a traffic accident with seven injured workers in van http://www.pressonline.rs/sr/vesti/h...n+radnika.html I did not see on this part of forum that anybody mentioned something about that.
From what I could understand, the main reason for the accident is unsafe u-turn.
And injured people weren't at work, at the time of the accident they were sitting passengers in the van.

Last edited by sallae2; May 18th, 2012 at 08:48 PM.
sallae2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #3876
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallae2 View Post
From what I could understand, the main reason for the accident is unsafe u-turn.
And injured people weren't at work, at the time of the accident they were sitting passengers in the van.
Ok, I challenge you to try a U-turn on any other motorway and tell me how it went...
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #3877
bogdymol
bogdymod

Time for some more pics, from E-75 urban motorway...

On Gazela bridge:

South of Gazela bridge the motorway looks quite old...

And turning back...

This motorway entrance was the tightiest entrance I've ever met...

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #3878
bogdymol
bogdymod

On the motorway again...

This were all my pics with Serbian motorways
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #3879
bogdymol
bogdymod

After so many pictures, it's time for some videos.

DN59 (E-70) in Romania, from Timisoara to the border crossing near Vrsac

&

E-70 in Serbia from the border crossing to Vrsac, Pancevo and then Belgrade:

Old May 19th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #3880
Nima-Farid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 13

nice job for the pics. keep it up
Nima-Farid no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags