daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 7th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #4341
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrej_LJ View Post
How will be Frushka gora solved? I mean how long the tunnel is planned to be? Otherwise very very good progress regarding Serbia's road infrastructure!
Depending on the variant chosen, the tunnel below Fruska Gora national park could be either ~1,200 or ~2,800meters long...

Full news...

Quote:
November 7, 2012 | 18:31
Serbia asks Chinese to approve USD 1.8bn loan
Source: Beta, Tanjug

BELGRADE -- Mlađan Dinkić says the government asked China to approve a USD 1.8bn loan to Serbia, that would finance energy and transport infrastructure project.

Serbia's finance and economy minister spoke on Wednesday in Belgrade to state that the government was "exceptionally satisfied" with the pace of construction works on the Zemun-Borča bridge and the Kostolac power plant modernization, and for that reason decided to ask the Chinese government and China Exim Bank to now also support other big projects.

The minister specified that they were building of new capacities at Kostolac, and three new highways: Belgrade-Ljig, Pojate-Preljina, and Novi Sad- Ruma-Šabac-Loznica.

According to him, these projects would involve both Serbian and Chinese companies, after the model already in place in the Zemun-Borča bridge project.

Dinkić added that by the time mixed inter-governmental commissions for trade and economic cooperation of the two countries meet in the first quarter of next year, contracts would be prepared with Exim Bank, so that works could begin "in the spring of next year".

The minister noted that his colleagues Velimir Ilić and Verica Kalanović were in talks with Chinese companies that have shown interest, and that those who offered the lowest price would be awarded contracts.

Dinkić made the statements after his meeting in Belgrade on Wednesday with Chinese Vice Minister of Commerce Zhong Shan, during which they signed an agreement on a Chinese government donation to Serbia worth USD 2mn, which Dinkić said would go to those "who need it the most".

Serbia committed to better relations with China
Prime Minister Ivica Dačić said on Wednesday during the talks with Chinese Vice Minister of Commerce Zhong Shan that Serbia is committed to improvement in relations with that state.

The prime minister commended China's principled support for the protection of Serbia's territorial integrity and sovereignty in line with the international law, and voiced confidence that the forthcoming congress of the Communist Party of China will give a new impetus to the development of this friendly state.

Serbia and China have traditionally friendly relations, and a speedy improvement in economic cooperation is expected in the near future through the realization of strategic partnership, the Serbian government's media office announced on Wednesday.

As estimated during the meeting, the cooperation between the two countries will be based on the participation of Chinese economy in the construction of infrastructure projects and investments in the existing and new production capacities in Serbia.

Current situation is really terrible - with an AADT of ~20,000, over half of which are heavy trucks, Fruska Gora is probably the world's most congested "national park"

Last edited by CrazySerb; November 7th, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #4342
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Fresh update from Nis-Dimitrovgrad motorway, Prosek-Bancarevo section:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixazmaj View Post
Fotke iz oktobra
Niš-Dimitrovgrad, deonica Prosek-Bancarevo

Most preko Nišave

Kaskada na Kunovačkoj reci

Kaskade i cevasti propusti

Bancarevo tunnel (700m) :

Old November 7th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #4343
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Finally some common sense - a recommendation has just been made to extend the currently U/C Kragujevac-Batocina expressway all the way to Kraljevo and the planned "Morava Corridor" (Poljate-Preljina motorway), and further, towards the city of Kosovska Mitrovica....

Old November 8th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #4344
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Interesting...

Quote:
Agreed to launch the Pristina - Nis highway
Thursday, 08 November 2012 | 10:35

Unexpected news has come after working dinner between Prime Minister Thaci and Serbian Prime Minister Dacic, mediated by Catherine Ashton, the EU chief of foreign and security policy.

"Both parties have agreed to have a joint technical working team to prepare a feasibility study for the Nis-Pristina highway," Ashton said after the meeting. This road is expected to be financed by the EU, KTV reports.

She said all agreed to continue work on the implementation of the agreements reached, with particular emphasis on Integrated Border Management.

EU top diplomat has also asked for funding transparency of Serbia for the Serbs in Kosovo as well as more protection for Serbian cultural heritage objects. Meanwhile, Prime Minister Thaci said he has requested termination of parallel structures funding from Serbia in Kosovo, and that he would insist on the issue of missing persons. Dacic said they discussed over the improvement of the lives of people in Kosovo, not speaking of the status.

If EU is ready to provide funding, why not?
Old November 8th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #4345
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

How long would be the motorways from Nis to Kosovo? Is the terrain quite hilly there so there would be a need of tunnels and viaducts?
Old November 8th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #4346
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Last edited by shpirtkosova; November 8th, 2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: double post
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #4347
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Not very long at all, Kosovo will finish the R7 motorway from the border with Albania up to Besi village (north of Prishtinë). This leaves only a 40km long stretch of motorway up to the border with Serbia. This 40km stretch has a pretty flat terrain. The motorway section from Nis to Merdare is about 100km I think. It shouldn't take more than 3 years if both parties are willing to invest. I don't think the EU will fund a 140km motorway for free, it will probably be a low interest loan. This road will probably help ease off tensions and hatred amongst the two nations. We do not need a Europe where we have war mongering people who wish to see another state or nation off the face of this earth. People want to prosper, most are not interested in political agendas of the very few at the top.
Old November 8th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #4348
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
Not very long at all, Kosovo will finish the R7 motorway from the border with Albania up to Besi village (north of Prishtinë). This leaves only a 40km long stretch of motorway up to the border with Serbia. This 40km stretch has a pretty flat terrain. The motorway section from Nis to Merdare is about 100km I think. It shouldn't take more than 3 years if both parties are willing to invest. I don't think the EU will fund a 140km motorway for free, it will probably be a low interest loan. This road will probably help ease off tensions and hatred amongst the two nations. We do not need a Europe where we have war mongering people who wish to see another state or nation off the face of this earth. People want to prosper, most are not interested in political agendas of the very few at the top.
Serbian government will not invest in this project 100%, because there are motorways with higher priorities.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:23 AM   #4349
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
Serbian government will not invest in this project 100%, because there are motorways with higher priorities.
Thanks for coming to save the day. The Serbian prime minister obviously thinks its a worthwile investment. You should read articles and be a little familiar with the trade business between the two countries before you offer us your educated arguments.
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #4350
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

ok smartass
Old November 9th, 2012, 04:31 AM   #4351
shpirtkosova
BANNED

I don't understand Serbian language. Besides... I think EU will only finance the feasibility study to kick-start this project.
Old November 9th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #4352
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Basically what Serbian Prime minister said is that if EU will finance it than ok.
Old November 9th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #4353
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1591

Quote:
Dacic also said that an agreement on the project on building Nis-Pristina highway has been reached.

"We believe this is of interest to the citizens, but the EU does not want to fund this project for now. Still, we hope we will convince them to do that before we start the realization," Dacic said.
http://www.tanjug.rs/news/65795/daci...ete-issues.htm

In 2011, AADT was less than 1,500 (at Merdare checkpoint).

At this point this looks more like a political bargaining than a real need for a motorway/expressway Niš - Priština.
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #4354
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Well, personally I think Serbian companies exporting to Kosovo gain quite well... At the same time the consumer in Kosovo will get cheaper products thanks to cheaper transport. Besides what Dacic and Thaci say, I am still cynical this whole project will be fully financed by the EU. Terrain is quite rough on the Serbian side and the whole project could cost anywhere between 700 Million - 1 Billion Euros.
Old November 9th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #4355
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18299

I drove the road from Niš almost until Merdare, a year ago, on my way to Devil's Town.
The road was in pretty bad shape though. There was not much traffic, and many cars were foreign, for example Germany, even Sweden, I'm guessing they drove all the way to Merdare, they drove also pretty fast, overtook me. I was more sensible to speed limits and to protect the car from the bumpy road.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #4356
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
Well, personally I think Serbian companies exporting to Kosovo gain quite well... At the same time the consumer in Kosovo will get cheaper products thanks to cheaper transport. Besides what Dacic and Thaci say, I am still cynical this whole project will be fully financed by the EU. Terrain is quite rough on the Serbian side and the whole project could cost anywhere between 700 Million - 1 Billion Euros.
Transport will not be cheaper, tolled motorways are more expensive. For exporting goods small stretch if motorway is not of importance.
Existing highway should be repaired and that is all.
Old November 9th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #4357
Arnorian

Likes (Received): 14615

Serbian government wouldn't dare borrow for a motorway at this route, a motorway in far from necessary here, and the people know it. Even an expressway would be an overkill.
Old November 9th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #4358
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18299

But the existing road should be repaired a little though
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #4359
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19388

I agree 1.500 vehicles per day does not warrant a motorway. Even if traffic volumes quadruple it's not necessary.

Routes that are important trade routes (not only expressed in vehicles/day but also in $$$/year) should be upgraded to facilitate trade and economic growth. In this case a repair and upgrade of the existing road will suffice.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #4360
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Actually it is 1097 in 2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
But the existing road should be repaired a little though
a lot, it is one of the worst road in Serbian road network.

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija