daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 28th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #4441
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
I think they count the emergency lanes as well.
That happens quite frequently in developing countries, but I wouldn't put Serbia there in that aspect. Nearly all expressways in China include shoulders and they are nearly always referred to as "4 lanes" when they have 2x2 lanes and shoulders.

Considering the amount of money involved, it may actually be a full-profile motorway.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #4442
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
That happens quite frequently in developing countries, but I wouldn't put Serbia there in that aspect. Nearly all expressways in China include shoulders and they are nearly always referred to as "4 lanes" when they have 2x2 lanes and shoulders.

Considering the amount of money involved, it may actually be a full-profile motorway.
I was talking about journalists.

Why the Morava corridor turns north at its east end to Pojate and not south to Aleksinac?
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #4443
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Why the Morava corridor turns north at its east end to Pojate and not south to Aleksinac?
Presumably because Kragujevac - Beograd traffic is heavier than Kragujevac - Niš.
Old December 28th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #4444
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Presumably because Kragujevac - Beograd traffic is heavier than Kragujevac - Niš.
I think you are confusing Morava corridor(Cacak - Kraljevo - Krvavica - Pojate or west - east) with Cacak* - Kragujevac - Batocina (south - north, partly U/C as exwy between Kragujevac and E-75 due to Fiat plant obligations).

As I implied to me Morava corridor is quite a logical part of a distant future corridor Zagreb - Zenica - Sarajevo - southeast Serbia - Nis - Athens/Istanbul. Maybe a north turn is a result of an attempt to develop this corridor towards Zajcar and Vidin - Calafat bridge. But still, IMHO, this could be achieved with an interchange north of Aleksinac and closer to Paracin(from where the connection Belgrade - Zajacar will have to start).

* or Kraljevo I don't remember to which town E-75 - Kragujevac expressway will continue to the south/southwest.

Last edited by PhirgataZFs1694; December 28th, 2012 at 09:35 PM.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #4445
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1593

Quote:

Interesting that they will build Čačak - Kragujevac - E75 with 2x3 lanes
It is actually Čačak - Kraljevo - E75

and connects few bigger places
Užice 78,040
Čačak 115,337
Kraljevo 125,488
Kruševac 128,752

around half mil people along 150 km, E-761 stretch, so it makes sense to be full profile (HS+2) x (2+HS)
sallae2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #4446
sallae2

Quote:

It just follows the West Morava valley to Pojate

Kruševac - Aleksinac - Niš goes over/aroud hills and is less busy

btw. Krvavica is a small village with less than 1k, however due some Google map error appears as bigger place in the area at Google map.
Actually the biggest place between Kraljevo and Pojate is city of Kruševac.
Old December 28th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #4447
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I see I mixed up Pojate and Batočina
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #4448
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7681

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo3o View Post
Quite impressive news from Serbia. I wasn`t aware of any plans to build the Morava corridor and this comes out of the blue. Is there a master plan for development of Serbian motorways, which is followed?
Here is the closest thing resembling some sort of "master plan":

CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #4449
Bojannn
Serb Force

Likes (Received): 0

Hey guys, long time reader and this is my first time posting on this forum. I believe that the deal signed with the Chinese company is great news, at least we will get the sections completed in timely manner. But how far will the highway stop from Cacak and will there be a 4-lane highway toward the city of Uzice as this would make great economic sense and I am sure it would benefit the region greatly. Hopefully the plan will change from Pozega to Ivanjica and it goes further west toward the Zlatibor Mountain current conditions from Uizce to Zlatibor over Cajetina aren’t that pleasant to drive on, and if Zlatibor wants to attract foreign visitors the highway would be greatly appreciated.
Bojannn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #4450
sallae2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallae2 View Post

btw. Krvavica is a small village with less than 1k, however due some Google map error appears as bigger place in the area at Google map.
Actually the biggest place between Kraljevo and Pojate is city of Kruševac.
And besides Krvavica, there are few more villages that should not appear at this zoom level at Google map, like Porodin, Čumić, Podgorac and Medveđa.
All of these are small villages with around 2k people.
(I guess these are the perks of Google MapMaker open style policy)

Old December 29th, 2012, 11:07 AM   #4451
RoadEngineer

Likes (Received): 530

Pojate - Preljina is a project which is in serbian plans since 1975. The idea was to build triangle Beograd - Pojate - Preljina and to connect west Serbia with corridor X. So in this moment that project is important only in serbian road network not in european or regional. The proof of this is that european banks are supporting only projects on Corridor X which is important in european network and Serbia must take credit from chinese banks for other projects. Zagreb has already connected with Nis and Athens/Istanbul via Corridor X and other corridors are not real in close future because Bosnia and Serbia does not have a money as well as support from european banks for those projects.
RoadEngineer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #4452
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Latest stats show an AADT of 40k for Ada bridge...the numbers are expected to rise further as new access roads open:

Old December 29th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #4453
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

Quote:
I was talking about journalists.

There's more traffic coming to that region from the north than from the south?

I used a previous map to illustrate which sections have been signed for in the past few days (Green lines with red arrows), and what the overall lenght of sections that have financing and construction secured looks like (blue brackets). Just last year it seemed very unrealistic to me that these two motorways would get financing and construction, but now it has become reality.

Soon, one will be able to drive from Horgos (the border to Hungary) to Pozega (40km behind Cacak and just 20km outside of Uzice) without leaving the motorway. That would be a drive of around 370km's and would take around 3 hours, instead of the current 5-6 hours, making Serbia a lot smaller for the people who have to travel inside of it, from one city to another.

People travelling from Belgrade to the Zlatibor region (Uzice, Mount Zlatibor, Tara National Park) or the other way around, currently need around 3.5 - 4 hours - when the motorway to Pozega is completed they will only need around 1.5-2 hours. Travelling times to and from (and within) the Western and Central regions of Serbia will be cut in half.

Cacak, Kraljevo, Krusevac (and by proxy of the 20km distant Pozega, Uzice) are all major cities and municipalities and will all be connected to a motorway that connects them all. Today, short distances of 50-100km's take between 1-2 hours, there is no easy and quick way for the people in that region to move between those cities, even short distances take a long time and are tiresome to drive because of the roads.
These two motorways (Belgrade - Pozega and Pojate - Preljina) will put around 1 mil people within 30km's of a full-profile motorway.

And, what is also important and has been forgotten, these new motorways provide a very quick connection to the new Morava airport that has been built right between Cacak and Kraljevo, pretty much in the center of the region, equally accessible from all directions. With these new motorways, 1 million people will be within a 1 hour drive of the new airport! That provides a lot of potential for the new airport, together with the 3 large tourist regions that are within a 1-2 hour drive from the airport, which is much closer than the Belgrade airport.

Location of Obrenovac, Ub in respect to Belgrade, and the Belgrade bypass:

Dimitrovgrad bypass:

Last edited by MareCar; December 30th, 2012 at 03:37 AM.
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 05:24 PM   #4454
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16174

Marked with yellow what is signed to be built by Chinese companies

They are also probably going to be involved in the new central station for Belgrade, railway on corridor X, new thermal power station in Kostolac and the Danube-Aegan canal

2nd Danube bridge in Belgrade, Ruma-Šabac and the Morava corridor are built by China Road and Bridge Corporation

Corridor XI is built by Shandong Hi-Speed Group Corporation (Shandong Gaosu Group)

Novi Sad - Srpska is to be built by Chongqing International Construction Corporation

Belgrade bypass is to be built by China Communications Construction

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:24 AM   #4455
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojannn View Post
Hey guys, long time reader and this is my first time posting on this forum. I believe that the deal signed with the Chinese company is great news, at least we will get the sections completed in timely manner. But how far will the highway stop from Cacak and will there be a 4-lane highway toward the city of Uzice as this would make great economic sense and I am sure it would benefit the region greatly. Hopefully the plan will change from Pozega to Ivanjica and it goes further west toward the Zlatibor Mountain current conditions from Uizce to Zlatibor over Cajetina aren’t that pleasant to drive on, and if Zlatibor wants to attract foreign visitors the highway would be greatly appreciated.
When I was at Pojate for the first time in my life, it looked as some motorway was planned to meet the E75 right there. They have a bigger toll junction down there.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 05:04 PM   #4456
MHN
Romania

Likes (Received): 1419

All that pre-contract signing are great news, for the new year's start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Here is the closest thing resembling some sort of "master plan":

CrazySerb, as always, great deal of information .
Could you post the source for the above plan/map? I need it at a higher resolution.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 05:36 PM   #4457
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Here's a somewhat larger version:

Old January 2nd, 2013, 05:44 PM   #4458
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Two pics from Nis-Dimitrovgrad motorway:

Old January 2nd, 2013, 05:51 PM   #4459
sallae2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHN View Post

CrazySerb, as always, great deal of information .
Could you post the source for the above plan/map? I need it at a higher resolution.
900 x 1238

http://www.belehrad.sk/images/dalnice.jpg

it is old map from 2006
i believe it is unofficial map
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:52 PM   #4460
rbagio85

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Two pics from Nis-Dimitrovgrad motorway:

This are old photos,I've passed there few days ago,and all visible bridges are nearly completed,too bad it was soon to be dark,I could't take some photos.
rbagio85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija