daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 23rd, 2013, 07:07 PM   #4861
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Recent satelite photo of Subotica's 23km bypass road ... due to financial problems, construction has ceased for the time being:
There is also new imagery in Google Earth, dated 18 June 2013 from the Subotica area. (It's not in Google Maps yet)
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2013, 08:05 PM   #4862
TrTomir_Ni

Likes (Received): 1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Nice aerials. Is this the Alpine Bau GMBH segment?
No, alpine segment streches from Pirot to Bulgarian border..
Town on picture I post is Bela Palanka, works from Nis(Prosek) to Bela Palanka(Ciflik) are going well so far, on all 33km or more..
TrTomir_Ni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #4863
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7681

Mon, Jul 22nd, 2013 Society | By InSerbia Team
Number of casualties in traffic accidents in Serbia has dropped by 16 percent since January

Quote:
BELGRADE – The number of casualties in traffic accidents in Serbia dropped by 16 percent in the period from January to July relative to the same period last year, Director of the Serbian Traffic Safety Committee Damir Okanovic told Tanjug on Monday, Tanjug reported.

The number of traffic casualties totalled 289 since the beginning of the year until July 21, which is 57 percent less than in the same period last year when the number totalled 346, he said.

Okanovic underscored that the number of cars on the streets now is fewer than in the previous year due to the economic crisis and that the sale of oil derivatives dropped also.

The main factors that cause traffic accidents comprise speed, failure to fasten the seatbelt or wear the helmet, alcohol intake, exhaustion and poor safety condition of roads, Okanovic said.

Setting up an efficient traffic safety system cannot be carried out promptly and it takes political support, he said.

He expressed the belief that the vital political support is arising slowly, especially since the president appeared in the commercial on traffic safety.

After the traffic safety system is set up, lasting positive results will appear, Okanovic said.

He noted that the number of casualties in Serbia is oscillating but that countries such as Sweden, Germany, France, Italy and others are three to five times less safe in the area.

Serbia is very unsafe in terms of road traffic and it will continue to be such until an efficient system is set up, Okanovic said.

He underscored that tangible measures entail education.

Drivers need to adopt adequate stands on traffic safety and then the repressive measures, such as severe control, punishment and other instruments, can be implemented, Okanovic said.
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #4864
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Corridor XI works commenced - China's Shangdong Highspeed Group seeking local subcontractors

Quote:
Wednesday, 07/24/2013|17:00 | Source: Tanjug
sr de

First works on Corridor XI, on stretches between Obrenovac and Ub and between Lajkovac and Ljig, will commence within the next few months, and China's Shandong Highspeed Group is already looking for local subcontractors, people at the Ministry of Construction told Tanjug news agency Tuesday.

- We expect the Chinese company to send us a draft of a financial agreement within the next month, which will then have to be signed by the Finance Ministry and China's Exim Bank with the works due to start within three months of its signing - said State Secretary at the Construction Ministry Miodrag Jovic.

He noted that the second half of the year would mainly see preparation works on Corridor XI, stressing that the Chinese contractor would probably not kick off some serious works until the next year.

Jocic stated that according to the agreement, Shandong Highspeed Group had 34 months to finish the works with a grace period of three months from the moment the financial agreement was signed.

The Chinese company will hire workers from Serbia to even do part of its work, meaning that the share of local manpower will be much bigger than expected.

Le Clerk liked this post
Old July 25th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #4865
skyscraperus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2268

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Péage? Why the use of French? Even German would make more sense. Macedonia does the same...

stickedy, Manjan, geometarkv liked this post
skyscraperus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #4866
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

First section of Corridor 11 to be completed by year-end

Quote:

Ub, 25 July 2013 – Minister of Transport Milutin Mrkonjic confirmed today that the first section of Corridor 11, from Ub to Lajkovac, will be fully completed by the end of the year, and noted that the works on this corridor are going very well.

Upon visiting the construction works on this section near the place Ruklade, at the intersection of the motorway with a local Ub–Lajkovac road, Mrkonjic said that the works on the section from Ljig to Preljina, which are carried out by Azerbaijani company Azvirt, are being done at great speed, and that a Chinese company will soon start making two sections, from Obrenovac to Ub and from Lajkovac to Ljig.

He added that Corridor 10 will be completed by the end of next year.

According to him, in the previous four years and a half 220 kilometres were built on Corridor 10, and another 110 will be built by the end of next year, so a total of 330 kilometres of Corridor 10 will have been completed in a total of six years.

Mrkonjic recalled that on the section from Ub to Lajkovac, which is part of the future motorway from Belgrade to the border with Montenegro, the works are being carried out by local contractors "Putevi Uzice" and "Planum", and that the works worth RSD 8.6 billion are financed from the budget.

geometarkv liked this post
Old July 26th, 2013, 03:57 AM   #4867
aleksandar_s
ETOPS-9000 certified

Likes (Received): 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
First section of Corridor 11 to be completed by year-end
Does anyone have an updated map of the entire motorway network? I know that in the past someone used to update a motorway map of the entire region.
aleksandar_s no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2013, 01:03 AM   #4868
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Flip a few pages back, I believe I posted it.

------------------

Belgrade's city authorities have reportedly started planning the next phase of the city's inner ring road, or UMP, of which the Ada bridge has so far been the most expensive part but is set to be upstaged by the 2,2km Topcider tunnel, estimated to cost between 450-500 million euros.

The next phase will also include a stretch of motorway between Yuri Gagarin interchange and Tosin Bunar in New Belgrade:

Old July 28th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #4869
suvi genije

Likes (Received): 199

This New Belgrade stretch (Yuri Gagarin interchange-Tosin bunar street) is u/c, but progressing very slowly, due to lack of funding and bad ogranization.
And the other stretch (tunnels in old Belgrade) is pure SF at the moment.
suvi genije no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #4870
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1750

I am about to travelling to Greece through Serbia. Could anyone tall me what is the situation in southern part around Macedonian borders?

Some sections were seemingly completed year ago, but was not opened then. Is the situation better now?

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #4871
suvi genije

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
I am about to travelling to Greece through Serbia. Could anyone tall me what is the situation in southern part around Macedonian borders?

Some sections were seemingly completed year ago, but was not opened then. Is the situation better now?
From Bratislava you know the way- stick the motorway Budapest-Belgrade, than at Dobanovci interchange turn left, and drive via Nis, to Skopje and Thessaloniki, after Leskovac interchange you don't have motorway anymore, just very good 1+1 road. There is no completed motorway till MK border, just some stretches u/c. In MK you have only one 35 km part of good 1+1 road, everything else is motorway in MK.

volodaaaa, johnnyboy55 liked this post
suvi genije no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #4872
Moravian

Likes (Received): 930

Since May 2013 there might be the border crossing option between HU/SRB - new local border crossing - Bački Vinogradi-Ašothalom. Firstly on condition of the traffic jams at Horgos (summer peak time....). And the old crossing in Horgos is closed....From Hungary it is necessary to leave the motorway at the junction 173.km (counted from Budapest)....

News in Serbian language:

http://www.subotica.com/vesti/granic...a-id15869.html

http://www.rtv.rs/sr_lat/vojvodina/n...om_392607.html
Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #4873
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi genije View Post
From Bratislava you know the way- stick the motorway Budapest-Belgrade, than at Dobanovci interchange turn left, and drive via Nis, to Skopje and Thessaloniki, after Leskovac interchange you don't have motorway anymore, just very good 1+1 road. There is no completed motorway till MK border, just some stretches u/c. In MK you have only one 35 km part of good 1+1 road, everything else is motorway in MK.
Thank you very much. I have made that journey many times. I was just curious about the southernmost parts of Serbia since I always pass the 1+1 road you've been talking about in night. Due to lot of trucks and curvy road, I really don't like that road. There are only few sections where it is possible to overtake safely. Last year I was overtaking a truck for 3/4 hour. It indeed exhaust you. But, according to the construction rush I saw last year, the road seems to be widened on some sections. Are they working on 2+2 southbound Leskovac?

Old July 30th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #4874
Arnorian

Likes (Received): 14631

Full freeway is under construction from Leskovac to the Macedonian border. It'll be finished in 2-3 years if nothing goes wrong, Perun forbid.

volodaaaa liked this post
Arnorian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #4875
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnorian View Post
Full freeway is under construction from Leskovac to the Macedonian border. It'll be finished in 2-3 years if nothing goes wrong, Perun forbid.
Wow, Serbia has really good tempo in building of motorways

Old July 30th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #4876
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 793

A dali Grdelicka klisura ke se pocnuva vo skoro vreme avtopat?

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2013, 02:06 AM   #4877
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16174

First ride on corridor XI by zmajko

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!

Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2013, 02:17 AM   #4878
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1593

22,000 vehicles (daily record) passed thru toll booth near Nis
Google translated

Quote:

At the toll ramp Nais passed a record 22,000 vehicles

Tanjug | the 3rd 08th 2013th - 21:49 h

On the toll highway ramps encountered in Nis today passed 22,000 vehicles, a record for the last 10 years, told Tanjug Dragan Milic, head of the department tolling in.

Of these, 13,500 vehicles passed from the direction of Belgrade to Nis and 8,500 Nis to Belgrade. Until 8 PM occasionally were formed a short lineups and waiting lasted up to 15 minutes. Now there are no delays and no waiting for more than a minute.
sallae2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #4879
volodaaaa

Could someone tell me the actual waiting times on Fridays for entrance to Serbia from Hungary through Rözske-Horgos border crossing?

I'm going to book my summer holiday, but the check in date is set by way I have to travel on Friday :-/

Or, in which time of the Fridays are the shortest waiting times? Would it be okay about noon?

Old August 4th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #4880
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16174

You should monitor the situation here, http://www.amss.org.rs/index.php?opt...d=4&Itemid=181 currently 60 minutes with tendency to rise on the way out, and 40-60 minutes on the way in Serbia. It's impossible to predict, but I imagine fridays have more traffic. If the situation is dire, try Bački Vinogradi-Ásotthalom, although keep in mind you might not be the only one with such an idea, currently the waiting time is 30 and 90 minutes respectively. There is also the Kelebia-Tompa with 30 and 45 minutes, and finally the Đala-Tiszasziget currently at 30-30 but you would lose a lot of time by going there as you would have to go through Szeged and then a lengthy ride through villages to go back on the motorway. Also keep in mind that Bački Vinogradi-Ásotthalom and Đala-Tiszasziget don't work the whole day but 7-19.

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!

volodaaaa liked this post
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija