daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 22nd, 2014, 08:26 PM   #5161
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7685

So, big news from Serbia today - sometime in the wee hours of early morning, our Chinese friends, who had previously ramped up the pace of work on Belgrade's new Danube bridge ahead of their month-long planned Chinese New Year vacation, have competed the main span of the Zemun-Borca bridge

Some officials visited the site today...

Quote:
Zemun-Borca bridge to be completed by year-end

Belgrade, 22 Jan 2014 – Minister of Transport Aleksandar Antic announced today that the bridge on the Danube river between Zemun and Borca, which connected the two river banks today, will be completed by 27 December this year, including the access roads from Zemun to Zrenjanin Road.

Antic, who upon the completion of the main span of the bridge and connection of the river banks visited the construction site of the bridge together with Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic, Chinese Ambassador to Serbia Zhang Wanxue and Chairman and member of the Belgrade Interim Body Sinisa Mali and Nikola Nikodijevic, said that a part of the access roads from Zrenjanin Road to the Pancevo Bridge will be completed by September 2015.

The Minister recalled that the Annex of the agreement that envisages to break the project in two parts was signed with the Chinese company China Road and Bridge Corporation on 6 January.

He explained that originally the entire project was supposed to be completed by the end of this year, but on the part from Ovca to Pancevo Road there were many problems with land expropriation.

The annex was signed so that the state would not pay a penalty for the delay of the entire project, so the part from Zemun to Zrenjanin Road will be completed within the planned timeframe.

Antic said that the construction of another bridge over the Danube near Vinca is in plan, adding that only then will freight transport be completely removed out of Belgrade.

The Minister said that the Zemun-Borca bridge is one of the most important infrastructure projects in the past several decades, and pointed out that freight transport from Banat will be removed out of the city, and the bridge will be a connection with road corridors 10 and 11.

Ambassador Wanxue congratulated the contractor on the success achieved and thanked them on the support in the realisation of this project.

The construction of this bridge is an example of successful cooperation between Serbia and China in the field of infrastructure, he underlined and added that China and Serbia could do business successfully in many other areas.

Wanxue said that China pays great attention to cooperation with Serbia and that it will finance certain infrastructure projects in our country with funds intended for investments in 16 countries of Central and Eastern Europe in the amount of $10 billion.

The Chinese Exim Bank credited 85% of the value of the bridge, while the remaining 15% were provided by the state of Serbia and the City of Belgrade.

The total cost of the bridge, with access roads, is approximately $260 million.

aleksandar_s, geometarkv liked this post
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2014, 08:42 PM   #5162
J.Zauner

Likes (Received): 3

Hello
I m new here.
its a nice Forum.
Back to my question.
Have somebody here new pics from works on E-75 Grdelica-Presevo???
thx.
J.Zauner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2014, 08:51 PM   #5163
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Is there a good recent photo of the Zemun-Borča Bridge main span?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2014, 09:07 PM   #5164
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Is there a good recent photo of the Zemun-Borča Bridge main span?
Is this one good enough?

Old January 22nd, 2014, 11:18 PM   #5165
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Is there any development on bridge access road in Zemun?
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2014, 09:40 AM   #5166
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Well, let's take a look...Zemun's side of the bridge & the city's future ring-road expressway (SMT):

[img]http://i48.************/6jirs2.jpg[/img]

Old January 23rd, 2014, 01:09 PM   #5167
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

Likes (Received): 3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Well, let's take a look...Zemun's side of the bridge & the city's future ring-road expressway (SMT):

[
an image from the far, far future
Old January 23rd, 2014, 02:03 PM   #5168
definitivo

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchevo View Post
an image from the far, far future
..."back to the future"...
definitivo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2014, 02:19 PM   #5169
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by definitivo View Post
..."back to the future"...
sorry, but i just couldn't resist the temptation...
[IMG]
[/IMG]
Old January 23rd, 2014, 02:30 PM   #5170
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Model UN on Serbia's roads - we already have firms from Azerbaijan & China on Corridor 11 (Belgrade-Bar motorway) and now, it looks like UAE is joining the party:

Quote:
UAE company interested in construction of road from Pozega to border with Montenegro

Belgrade, 23 Jan 2014 – Minister of Construction and Urban Planning Velimir Ilic signed today the Memorandum on cooperation with the company G.I.D.C. – a joint enterprise of the Republic of Serbia and Global Capital Advisors Management from the United Arab Emirates (UAE), which will finance with €20 million the preparation of technical documentation for the construction of Corridor 11 from Pozega to the border with Montenegro.

Ilic signed the memorandum at the Serbian government with General Manager of the company for development of industrial and infrastructure projects in Serbia G.I.D.C. Sasa Milovanovic.

The joint company G.I.D.C. will also prepare a feasibility study on the construction of this part of the motorway towards Montenegro and will propose a model of public-private partnership.

After signing the memorandum, the Minister of Construction and Urban Planning told reporters that partners from the UAE are interested in building this part of Corridor 11, which is 106.8 kilometres long, and in the construction of Morava Corridor, from Pojate to Preljina.

He added that the Ministry of Construction and Urban Planning today announced a tender for the choice of a consultant who will make a draft concession contract for the construction of Corridor 11 from Belgrade to Obrenovac, and concessions will be entrusted to Chinese companies.

The Serbian government adopted the text of the memorandum stipulating that G.I.D.C. will take over the financing of investment technical documentation that would determine the spatial, environmental, financial and economic justifiability of the investment for construction of the section of the motorway on Corridor 11 from Pozega to Boljare, 106.8 kilometres long.
Old January 24th, 2014, 03:35 AM   #5171
Wuxa
Vozd

Likes (Received): 1737

Quote:

CURRENT SITUATION

green - UC
blue - COM
red - year of COM

[IMG]http://i42.************/20upaw6.jpg[/IMG]

PhirgataZFs1694 liked this post
Wuxa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 12:04 PM   #5172
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

i think that mirijevo boulevard (mirijevski bulevar) isn't going to be part of the SMT,
new road is planed to be built parallel to the mirijevo boulevard but slightly eastern, also ada huja bridge is planned to be on the eastern side of ada huja (not where it is shown in this image)

nevertheless, the construction of ada huja bridge (and therefore the whole eastern section of the SMT) is less likely to start in this decade....
Old January 24th, 2014, 01:17 PM   #5173
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:

Where will the future motorway from Vršac to Belgrade fit in this map?
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 01:53 PM   #5174
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

you can see in the down right corner a place called "Vinca", a new bridge over Danube is planned to be built there as a part of Belgrade bypass, and that bridge will be the starting point of the future motorway to Vrsac and Romanian border

here is the plan (dark-red thick line):
Old January 24th, 2014, 01:59 PM   #5175
mpeculea

Likes (Received): 343

I cannot understand the 90 degree bend near Pancevo. is it really necessary?
mpeculea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 02:07 PM   #5176
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

i don't understand it too,
but than again there are numerous such things in my country that i don't understand..

note that the motorway project belgrade-vrsac isn't going to start any time soon, so there might be some changes...
Old January 24th, 2014, 03:20 PM   #5177
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

I guess the first step will be building the Danube bridge and bypass of Pancevo up to this bend. And there works will be stopped for some time.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #5178
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Zezelj to complete in June 2015

Quote:
Friday, 01/24/2014|11:07 | Source: Novosti

As announced by the Spanish-Italian consortium Azvi which is entrusted with the construction of new Zezelj Bridge, this bridge across the Danube will be completely finished by June 2015. According to an agreement signed in early 2011, it should have been completed in November 2013.

People at the Serbian railway company Zeleznice Srbije which controls the implementation of that project on behalf of the republic government did not want to comment on Azvi's announcements. Since the idea to replace the contractor was given up because that would make the situation even more complicated, they say the most important now is to finally wrap this big project up.

Old January 24th, 2014, 05:51 PM   #5179
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
My favorite bridge in Serbia - "Most Ada Huja".
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 05:58 PM   #5180
Arnorian

Likes (Received): 14633

This is a bit more detailed map.

red: existing motorway (2+2 with hard shoulder)
dark red: motorway u/c or planned
blue: part of city's outer ring road (not the same as motorway bypass), u/c, motorway profile with two exceptions (at-level crossings, in yellow)
pink: presumed route of the Pančevo bypass based on vague plans, profile probably motorway

other parts of the inner and outer ring roads and other connecting roads:
thick green: existing 2+2 or 3+3 roads, no at-level crossings
thin green: 2+2 or 3+3 streets
thick gray: planned 2+2 or 3+3 roads, no at-level crossings
thin gray: planned 2+2 or 3+3 streets (partly existing 1+1 streets to be widened)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
My favorite bridge in Serbia - "Most Ada Huja".
Its name will probably be "Višnjički most".

PhirgataZFs1694, gogo3o, geometarkv liked this post

Last edited by Arnorian; January 24th, 2014 at 06:51 PM.
Arnorian está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija