daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 24th, 2014, 08:14 PM   #5181
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnorian View Post
Its name will probably be "Višnjički most".
I would still say "Nice progress on the (Ada) Huja" when somebody posts photos of the bridge

Btw, nice and informative map. Thank you. I hope you would be able to realise it soon. I believe that EU would be really helpful in financing those bypasses when you soon join. And bulgarians are really looking forward to seeing Belgrade's south motorway bypass completed.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2014, 08:23 PM   #5182
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7704

Interesting thing about that Ada Huja/Visnjicki bridge - it's construction was originally supposed to happen prior to the currently U/C Zemun-Borca bridge, as financial arrangements were practically made much prior. But the entire deal regarding that very favourable loan from the Japanese government collaped very suddenly - still haven't heard the official reason though there are a number of theories as to why

Ada Huja...

PhirgataZFs1694, geometarkv liked this post
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 08:25 PM   #5183
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

Likes (Received): 3527

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
My favorite bridge in Serbia - "Most Ada Huja".
I know what you mean bratko

Quote:
This is a bit more detailed map.

red: existing motorway (2+2 with hard shoulder)
dark red: motorway u/c or planned
blue: part of city's outer ring road (not the same as motorway bypass), u/c, motorway profile with two exceptions (at-level crossings, in yellow)
pink: presumed route of the Pančevo bypass based on vague plans, profile probably motorway

other parts of the inner and outer ring roads and other connecting roads:
thick green: existing 2+2 or 3+3 roads, no at-level crossings
thin green: 2+2 or 3+3 streets
thick gray: planned 2+2 or 3+3 roads, no at-level crossings
thin gray: planned 2+2 or 3+3 streets (partly existing 1+1 streets to be widened)

Its name will probably be "Višnjički most".
good map, but ada huja bridge will not turn to mirijevski bulevar, instead it will continue straight forward where new road is planed (somewhat eastern of mirijevski bulevar)

I like the presumed pink line (pancevo bypass) but i doubt it would became a reality before the first humans set foot on mars

PhirgataZFs1694 liked this post
panchevo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 08:43 PM   #5184
Arnorian

Likes (Received): 14654

It does not turn to Mirijevski boulevard on my map, it goes to the east of it, but comes close, within 200 m. Roughly like this, the bridge and the motorway in yellow with interchanges in red, Mirijevski boulevard in purple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
Btw, nice and informative map. Thank you. I hope you would be able to realise it soon. I believe that EU would be really helpful in financing those bypasses when you soon join. And bulgarians are really looking forward to seeing Belgrade's south motorway bypass completed.
Start on the Višnjički bridge is at least 6-7 years away, probably more. The downstream Vinčanski bridge is more important, because it will carry both the bypass and the railway line necessary for removal of freight trains (many transporting dangerous materials) from the city center.

PhirgataZFs1694, geometarkv liked this post

Last edited by Arnorian; January 24th, 2014 at 08:52 PM.
Arnorian está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 09:01 PM   #5185
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

Quote:
It does not turn to Mirijevski boulevard on my map, it goes to the east of it, but comes close, within 200 m. Roughly like this, the bridge and the motorway in yellow with interchanges in red, Mirijevski boulevard in purple
sorry, it was tiny on first map i couldn't see.

I think that vinca bridge is the most important bridge that is planed, not just because of the fright trains, but because heavy trucks (also many transporting dangerous materials) that go in and out of panchevo refinery (and the whole pancevo south industrial zone) now wreak havoc on the pancevo-kovin road (bavaniste village) and also in villages around smederevo (heavy trucks passing just couple of meters in front of people's windows) which are standing in the way for the e-75 motorway...

Last edited by panchevo; January 24th, 2014 at 09:28 PM.
Old January 25th, 2014, 05:12 AM   #5186
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16175

Why build a bridge at the widest point on Danube in Belgrade?

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2014, 10:55 AM   #5187
Arnorian

Where else? You can't place it upstream because you can't get the motorway to it through the city, and to place it downstream where the river is narrower would mean much longer connecting motorway over a very rough terrain with a lot of viaducts and tunnels. This way it will be just a longer version of the Borča bridge, which has simple design.
Old January 25th, 2014, 11:39 AM   #5188
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
Why build a bridge at the widest point on Danube in Belgrade?
if you are talking about vinca bridge, i totally disagree that the Danube is any wider at the point where vinca bridge is planed than for example at the point where "pancevac" currently stands...
Old January 25th, 2014, 12:59 PM   #5189
Arnorian

I think Singidunum means the place where the Danube is narrow, north of the Ramadanska street on the map bellow. The map shows how rough the terrain is, and because the hillside rises steeply from the shore the bridge would have to be directly connected to a tunnel. The price for such a route would be higher than making a longer bridge at the wider point of the river.

panchevo, geometarkv liked this post
Old January 25th, 2014, 01:26 PM   #5190
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

Quote:
I think Singidunum means the place where the Danube is narrow, north of the Ramadanska street on the map bellow. The map shows how rough the terrain is, and because the hillside rises steeply from the shore the bridge would have to be directly connected to a tunnel. The price for such a route would be higher than making a longer bridge at the wider point of the river.
he meant ada huja? (i thought vinca), yes the planned point for the ada huja bridge is definitely on the widest part of danube (in belgrade),
but judging by the terrain, it doesn't necessarily have to be longer than "pancevac" (i think that almost one third of pancevac isn't above the river)
and it also doesn't have to be wide, i think 1+1 is enough (it could be identical to the bridge between smederevo and kovin)

here's a nice and accurate image of the overall plans from 2010:
Old January 25th, 2014, 01:37 PM   #5191
Arnorian

No, no, it will and must be a full motorway.
Old January 25th, 2014, 01:58 PM   #5192
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

by the time adahuja bridge becomes "next in line", we will already have three large bridges over danube (borca, pancevac, vinca),
so I do not believe that a full-motorway bridge (like beska) is needed on that spot... (heavy transportation in transit won't use it because they will have borca and vinca for north-western and south routs respectfully)

of course bigger is always better but i am convinced that it would be too much for it to be wider than pancevac (and pancevac is not a full motorway bridge)...

p.s. I drive over pancevac on a daily and over kovin bridge on a monthy basis (the only two brigdes in belgrade area) so i'm pretty much familiar with the traffic "over danube"

Last edited by panchevo; January 25th, 2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old January 31st, 2014, 01:06 AM   #5193
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

It seems that the next bridge over the Danube at Beograd will be near Vinča. Looks like investors from UAE are interested in financing this project. I think this will be an expensive bridge as it will be full motorway, plus dual rail.

Does any one know the exact location, and detailed route of this bridge?

panchevo liked this post
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 08:30 AM   #5194
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Parallel with construction of Belgrade's new bridges, work is being carried out on reconstruction of the Serbian capital's existing bridges - after recently completed ~60 million euro general overhaul of the Gazelle motorway bridge, it looks like Belgrade's sole Danube bridge, currently in a major state of disrepair, is up next - though it's still somewhat unclear what scope of work will be undertaken, as the entire project centers on the bridge's railway infrastructure (part of Russian-funded loan to improve commuter railway service within the wider Belgrade region) . I'm quite sure they will have to improve the roadways as well.

Google-translated:

Quote:
01/30/2014 16:17
Work funded Russian loan of 10 March

BELGRADE - The first works financed by the Russian loan of $ 800 million for Serbian Railways will start from 10th March to section Belgrade - Pančevo , announced today the general manager of that company Dragoljub Simonovic .

The value of the works on this section is 69 million euros , of which 60 million from the Russian loan , and nine million provided by the state in which the project contributes 15 percent of the funds .

In Železnicma Serbia say that nine million provided by the state , but paid for the project .

Simonovic explained that it is a construction of second track from Belgrade to Pancevo , as well as the modernization of the existing track and the works include Pančevačcki bridge .

By the end of February, Serbian Railways should sign the annex two contracts on Russian loan funding decisions for work on six sections of the railway Corridor 10

Simonovic said that 90 per cent of work on the road from Belgrade to Pancevo lead to domestic firms , and that the prime contractor will be some of the Russian companies .

Simonovic announced that the 24th February will be an open bid for the tender to continue building Prokop in Belgrade and that already in March will be known who will be the contractor , and to then be able to go and work .

According to him , the release of 30 hekratara Sava amphitheater for the project Belgrade water Railways requires about 2.5 million.

It is the first phase of the space during odslobađanja that will from that location to be moved 50 kilometers of track , 200 switches and several dozen intersections for what it will take between three and six months.

Simonovic visit will be the continuation of the construction of Prokop finasnirani Kuwaiti loan of EUR 26 million and that the Kuwaitis interested in Prokop invest an additional 60 million euros.
Old January 31st, 2014, 12:18 PM   #5195
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
it looks like Belgrade's sole Danube bridge, currently in a major state of disrepair, is up next - though it's still somewhat unclear what scope of work will be undertaken,
they are only going to install the second track (which is part of the overall project to upgrade the existing railway belgrade-pancevo to a two-track system) and maybe revitalise the existing track...

I am confident that we will not see the much-needed overhaul of the parallel roadways on pancevo bridge (which are by the way in almost-hazardous condition) until the completion of, not only borca bridge, but the link between the borca bridge and pancevo road (which will not happen before the fall of 2015.)
Old February 1st, 2014, 06:30 PM   #5196
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

I know the proposed bridge at Vinča is also to include dual rail tracks, but looking at GE I do not see any rail corridors nearby. Does anyone know where the rail corridors will connect to the bridge? Is it supposed to connect to the main rail corridor 10 line towards Zuce, via Leštane or Boleč?
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2014, 12:45 AM   #5197
aleks82

Likes (Received): 17

Heavy snow attack on serbian motorway

Heavy Snow attack on serbian motorway A1 / E-75 from Novi Sad to Subotica.

Evacuation of people from the motorway with army helicopter.

Last edited by aleks82; February 2nd, 2014 at 01:50 PM.
aleks82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2014, 01:01 PM   #5198
Arnorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiboy View Post
I know the proposed bridge at Vinča is also to include dual rail tracks, but looking at GE I do not see any rail corridors nearby. Does anyone know where the rail corridors will connect to the bridge? Is it supposed to connect to the main rail corridor 10 line towards Zuce, via Leštane or Boleč?
Yes, at Zuce, but I think it will be a single track. There is no need for two tracks, it will be used for freight only.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 02:43 PM   #5199
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Personally, I didn't even want to show those "snowstorm" photos at all.
Canadians will laugh at us now

definitivo liked this post
Old February 2nd, 2014, 10:02 PM   #5200
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16175

At first I thought these were some stock photos, but nope it's main Serbian motorway

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija