daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 9th, 2015, 01:40 AM   #5881
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7681

Road & rail Zezelj bridge in Novi Sad...funds have now been allocated, meaning construction should resume in the Spring following a bit of a break:

aleksandar_s liked this post
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2015, 02:35 AM   #5882
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpiana View Post
Since the borders were mention.. is there any plan to be reconstructed highway from Prokuplje to the border with Kosovo in Merdare? That highway is in really bad shape:

I agree that, unlike the road in Kosovo... the road on the Serbian side is terrible.... I think Serbia is waiting for the EU to fund their motorway from Nish to the Serbia-Kosovo border.
grykaerugoves no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 10:53 AM   #5883
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18300

Wow, is it that bad now?
I drove on that road in 2011 when I visited Devil's Town, so only few km from the border.
And it was still in average-bad shape, but one could drive 70-80, annoying were those very low speed limits everywhere.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 12:17 PM   #5884
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Quote:
Originally Posted by grykaerugoves View Post
I agree that, unlike the road in Kosovo... the road on the Serbian side is terrible.... I think Serbia is waiting for the EU to fund their motorway from Nish to the Serbia-Kosovo border.
That's not gonna happen soon.Serbia has other priorities.

Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 01:53 PM   #5885
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Likes (Received): 1542

Quote:
Since the borders were mention.. is there any plan to be reconstructed highway from Prokuplje to the border with Kosovo in Merdare? That highway is in really bad shape:
no plans, it is not a priority.
BL2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 06:22 PM   #5886
Autobahnftw

Likes (Received): 7

Proper maintenance of existing roads should always be priority. Especially because the road in the video is an European e-road
Autobahnftw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 06:35 PM   #5887
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Likes (Received): 1542

It use to have significance, hence E designation, but not anymore.
BL2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 07:05 PM   #5888
Ulpiana

Likes (Received): 2589

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL2 View Post
It use to have significance, hence E designation, but not anymore.
Until when this road was significant?
Ulpiana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 08:56 PM   #5889
JMBasquiat

Likes (Received): 4695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
That's not gonna happen soon.Serbia has other priorities.
I guess that's why Serbian Prime Minister is asking for EU funds for this road, and why he was pitching it to Angela Merkel.

Google Translate, but you'll understand the gist of it

Quote:
Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic said today that the construction of the highway Nis-Pristina , which is one of the projects proposed in talks with German Chancellor Angela Merkel , was important for connecting people and infrastructure development and that we can expect that some of the money for his implementation provided by the EU . ... " I think it's a great idea . It's a proposal that we presented and Catherine Ashton, and I think it would be important for the development of our infrastructure and the whole of spa end ," said Vucic .

http://www.rtv.rs/sr_lat/ekonomija/v...eu_515041.html
JMBasquiat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 09:08 PM   #5890
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Please !
First Serbia has to finish A1,A2 and A4,then we can think about this road.

Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 11:34 PM   #5891
Livada

Likes (Received): 858

Serbia will not soon build a road from Nis to the administrative line with Autonomous Province of Kosovo and Metohija, because it would usually used by Albanians who works in W. Europe, and especially heavy trucks that transport a building material to K&M. It would soon again destroy the road.
Bankina je zemljani pojas koji se nalazi uz konstrukciju kolovoza, i služi kao potpora za osiguranje ivice kolovoza, za stabilnost nasipa, za postavljanje saobraćajnih znakova, te za kretanje pešaka. Širina bankine varira od 0,50-1.50 m

Zaštitna ograda je tehnička sigurnosna (najčešće čelična) konstrukcija čija je svrha da spreči iskliznuće vozila sa kolovoza, zadrži ga i postepeno zaustavi na kolovozu, te da znatno smanji energiju udara vozila na podnošljive uslove za ljude u vozilu. Visina ograde iznosi do 0,65 m od nivoa kolovoza.
Livada no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 11:56 PM   #5892
erik313
BANNED

Likes (Received): 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livada View Post
Serbia will not soon build a road from Nis to the administrative line with Autonomous Province of Kosovo and Metohija, because it would usually used by Albanians who works in W. Europe, and especially heavy trucks that transport a building material to K&M. It would soon again destroy the road.

What !?
erik313 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2015, 12:00 AM   #5893
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Quote:
Old February 10th, 2015, 12:29 AM   #5894
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7681

We obviously need to (re)build it, it's just the current government hopes Frau Merkel finances it ...

CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2015, 01:15 AM   #5895
Ushtari

Likes (Received): 114

Quote:
Ushtari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2015, 08:07 AM   #5896
aleksandar_s
ETOPS-9000 certified

Likes (Received): 528

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by grykaerugoves View Post

Hmm... let me do a quick analysis

Cost of building this road: Expensive
Benefits to Serbia: Negligible
Benefits to the so called "independent" state of Kosovo: Irrelevant

Perhaps now you can understand why nobody besides Vucic is talking about that road. He needs some quick political points with the good old boys at the EU, so please excuse him.

Autoputevi kao hobi, nikolanis liked this post
aleksandar_s no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2015, 10:58 AM   #5897
Ulpiana

Likes (Received): 2589

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksandar_s View Post
Hmm... let me do a quick analysis

Cost of building this road: Expensive

Perhaps now you can understand why nobody besides Vucic is talking about that road. He needs some quick political points with the good old boys at the EU, so please excuse him.
It seems that you did not understand my question:

Quote:
is there any plan to be reconstructed highway from Prokuplje to the border with Kosovo in Merdare
Therefore, my question was not if it is going to be build a new motorway Prokuplje - Merdare; my question was if the existing highway is going to be reconstructed (renovate, asphalt to be fixed..). It seems prejudice was the reason of this, lets say, misunderstanding.
Ulpiana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2015, 02:57 PM   #5898
sotonsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksandar_s View Post
If Kosovo is only a 'so called "independent" state', surely its benefits need to be included in the Serbia column, and surely benefits to it are relevant? By separating Kosovo out, you are treating it as an independent state, even if you can't quite bring yourself to call it that.

Why wouldn't a country not plan a decent road to it's fifth and seventh biggest cities from its third biggest city (and thus the rest of the network)? Surely it's because it doesn't actually think that Pristina and Prizren are actually part of the country!
Old February 10th, 2015, 04:32 PM   #5899
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18300

cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2015, 07:40 PM   #5900
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonsi View Post
If Kosovo is only a 'so called "independent" state', surely its benefits need to be included in the Serbia column, and surely benefits to it are relevant? By separating Kosovo out, you are treating it as an independent state, even if you can't quite bring yourself to call it that.

Why wouldn't a country not plan a decent road to it's fifth and seventh biggest cities from its third biggest city (and thus the rest of the network)? Surely it's because it doesn't actually think that Pristina and Prizren are actually part of the country!
Serbs love to consider Kosovo as their southern province but when it comes to building roads or any infrasture that would benefit the people of their "province" they suddenly opose any such developments as this would benefit 'them and not us'. Make your minds up. If there is such a thing as a state called Serbia with Kosovo being its province then surerly Serbs are discriminating against our 'province' purerly because of our race.

Ulpiana, x-type liked this post

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija