daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 13th, 2015, 09:23 PM   #5921
[atomic]

Likes (Received): 122

looks pretty.. ambitious
or like someone tried to connect all the dots
[atomic] está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2015, 12:40 AM   #5922
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2205

I wouldn't tackle half of that lot any time before 2030 and a doubling in the overall size of the economy *After Inflation is accounted for*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksandar_s View Post
I think that almost all of those roads shown in the map, if built to full motorway standards, would be a waste of money.
Oh My ...that looks so Portugese that does. What major cities are connected to each other along that eastern border motorway ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Sure there is...

Some are not even marked here, like Belgrade-Zrenjanin-Kikinda, Subotica-Sombor, Kraljevo-Kos. Mitrovica, Nis-Pristina, etc.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2015, 11:55 AM   #5923
Arnorian

Likes (Received): 14654

This is a realistic map of Serbia's need for motorways (in red) and expressways (in blue). And half of the expressways are not urgently needed now, but if the traffic keeps rising.

Old February 14th, 2015, 02:24 PM   #5924
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2205

The red bits would make an excellent core and transit network, importantly they will add economic value, predictability, route redundancy in the centre part of the state ....and won't bankrupt the country.

The blue bits should be paid for by the tolls and the transit vignette system ( after maintenance is covered)

If the red bits run at a loss ( I assume the construction debts are _largely_ covered from the state budget not from toll and vignette income) then there is simply no money for the blue bits.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2015, 01:46 PM   #5925
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

Google Street View update yesterday:
Sremska Mitrovica, Ruma, Šabac, Loznica, Vršac, Kovin, Smederevo, Požarevac, Knjaževac, Prokuplje, Kuršumlija, Leskovac, Pirot, Surdulica and more locations in Serbia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coverag...le_Street_View
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2015, 01:41 AM   #5926
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

A1 in August:
https://www.google.rs/maps/@42.61498...vdgA!2e0?hl=sr
New lane is almost completed,the old one is going to be reconstructed.
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2015, 03:13 PM   #5927
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

A3,Gazela bridge New Belgrade

aleksandar_s liked this post
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2015, 06:08 PM   #5928
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Hello everyone,

I'm considering to do around may a road trip from Belgrade to Dubrovnik (via Sarajevo).

How is the road between Belgrade and Sarajevo? Is this road safe? (according to Google Maps is should use road "26" untill Bosnian border)

And is there a map with road quality for Serbia (like the excellent Romanian map)

Thank you!
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2015, 07:31 PM   #5929
tooljan

Likes (Received): 902

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm considering to do around may a road trip from Belgrade to Dubrovnik (via Sarajevo).
this route? https://www.google.ba/maps/dir/Беогр...42.6506606!5i1

Bigger problem is road in Bosnia, IMO. Between Zvornik and Kladanj road are very bad (bad pavement, narrow road, many curves).
Between Kladanj and Sarajevo are serious road works and that will not be finished this year. After that, you have Sarajevo-Konjic road which is very congested.

winnipeg liked this post
tooljan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2015, 12:00 AM   #5930
winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooljan View Post
this route?

Bigger problem is road in Bosnia, IMO. Between Zvornik and Kladanj road are very bad (bad pavement, narrow road, many curves).
Between Kladanj and Sarajevo are serious road works and that will not be finished this year. After that, you have Sarajevo-Konjic road which is very congested.
Thank you very much for these very usefull informations. Yes this is this route Google Maps gave me...

I see, so it will probably be like some roads I already driven in Romania...

As I think that there is no really other solutions (and I really want to see Balkans (for now I only saw Belgrad) and the beautifull landscapes...), I think that I will do it anyway (I'm feeling aventurous )

Thank you again!

aleksandar_s liked this post
Old February 22nd, 2015, 02:44 AM   #5931
tooljan

Quote:
As I think that there is no really other solutions
Well, partially solution is in Vlasenica: don't go to Kladanj and Olovo, but go to Han Pijesak and Sokolac (over mountain Romanija). In that case, you will enter Sarajevo from east (from Kladanj/Olovo you will enter Sarajevo from north). Road are better, but still with many curves.

And, you welcome

winnipeg liked this post
Old February 22nd, 2015, 09:40 AM   #5932
MG42

Likes (Received): 72

Serbia and Albania are negotiating to build a motorway from Niš to Tirana via Pristina?

PETAK 20.02.2015. | 10:22

Srbija i Albanija grade Niš-Tirana

http://www.b92.net/biz/vesti/tema.ph...&nav_id=960083

panchevo liked this post
MG42 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2015, 12:30 PM   #5933
lastsamurai
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4176

There's no such thing,won't happen.
lastsamurai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2015, 12:38 PM   #5934
Christophorus

Likes (Received): 87

Quote:

As I think that there is no really other solutions (and I really want to see Balkans (for now I only saw Belgrad) and the beautifull landscapes...)...
If Sarajevo isn´t "a must" on your tour, have you considered to go via Montenegro?

Something like this:

http://goo.gl/maps/OOhZm

It is longer, again a lot of curvy (but generally ok) roads but some totally great landscapes, i.e. Zlatibor in Serbia, Žabljak, Tara gorge and Bay of Kotor in Montenegro

Be careful with Google maps routing especially in Serbia, it tends to send you on lower class roads which even can be unpaved... unfortunately i have no clue if there is a road condition map for Serbia, i would love to know this too.

----------------------------------------------------

been in: al, at, ba, bg, ch, (cs), cz, (dd), de, dk, fr, gr, hr, hu, ie, it, li, lu, me, mk, mt, nl, pl, rs.ba, rs, ru, se, sk, us, (yu)

winnipeg, aleksandar_s liked this post
Christophorus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2015, 12:38 PM   #5935
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG42 View Post
Serbia and Albania are negotiating to build a motorway from Niš to Tirana via Pristina?

PETAK 20.02.2015. | 10:22

Srbija i Albanija grade Niš-Tirana

http://www.b92.net/biz/vesti/tema.ph...&nav_id=960083
A part of that motorway has already been completed (the Tirana-Pristina segment).....but nobody knows about the rest of that road, I don't think that Serbia intends to build its part....
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2015, 01:02 PM   #5936
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Likes (Received): 172

Kosovo at the moment is not interested in connecting its motorway with Serbia... We are currently connecting R7 motorway with FYROM via the R6 motorway that we are currently building.
grykaerugoves no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2015, 01:38 PM   #5937
winnipeg

Quote:
Well, partially solution is in Vlasenica: don't go to Kladanj and Olovo, but go to Han Pijesak and Sokolac (over mountain Romanija). In that case, you will enter Sarajevo from east (from Kladanj/Olovo you will enter Sarajevo from north). Road are better, but still with many curves.

And, you welcome
Thank you for these usefull informations, so if I go Sarajevo I will avoid Kladanj and Olovo!

Thank you very much!

panchevo liked this post
Old February 22nd, 2015, 01:55 PM   #5938
winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophorus View Post
If Sarajevo isn´t "a must" on your tour, have you considered to go via Montenegro?

Something like this:

It is longer, again a lot of curvy (but generally ok) roads but some totally great landscapes, i.e. Zlatibor in Serbia, Žabljak, Tara gorge and Bay of Kotor in Montenegro

Be careful with Google maps routing especially in Serbia, it tends to send you on lower class roads which even can be unpaved... unfortunately i have no clue if there is a road condition map for Serbia, i would love to know this too.
It's interresting. I think that Sarajevo might be good to see (a city with lot of history), but maybe it's a mistake and I will loose my time...

Thank you very much! This route seems very interesting and as I think that I'm more interesed by these great landscape, I think that Sarajevo will be for another time...

Yes, since Maps has done the same for me in Romania (with unpaved roads too), I'm aware of this...
Old February 22nd, 2015, 02:26 PM   #5939
tooljan

Quote:
Thank you very much! This route seems very interesting and as I think that I'm more interesed by these great landscape, I think that Sarajevo will be for another time...
In that case, you can go thru Montenegro (route proposed by @Christophorus, except from Nikšić go to Trebinje, not to Herceg Novi) or you can use the route Belgrade-Užice-Višegrad-Trebinje-Dubrovnik (yes, Trebinje is keypoint here ). There is a lot of beautifull landscapes: Zlatibor (near Užice), Mokra gora (by E. Kusturica) Ćuprija bridge and Andrić-grad (in Višegrad; must-see (http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_priz...aureates/1961/)), Tara gorge, river Drina, overpass Čemerno, Sutjeska, city of Trebinje... Lot of people from northern Serbia use this route when they go to Herceg Novi on vacation.

EDIT: I forgot , road are good on this route.

winnipeg liked this post

Last edited by tooljan; February 22nd, 2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2015, 04:24 PM   #5940
winnipeg

Quote:
In that case, you can go thru Montenegro (route proposed by @Christophorus, except from Nikšić go to Trebinje, not to Herceg Novi) or you can use the route Belgrade-Užice-Višegrad-Trebinje-Dubrovnik (yes, Trebinje is keypoint here ). There is a lot of beautifull landscapes: Zlatibor (near Užice), Mokra gora (by E. Kusturica) Ćuprija bridge and Andrić-grad (in Višegrad; must-see (http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_priz...aureates/1961/)), Tara gorge, river Drina, overpass Čemerno, Sutjeska, city of Trebinje... Lot of people from northern Serbia use this route when they go to Herceg Novi on vacation.

EDIT: I forgot , road are good on this route.
Thank you very much for all these usefull informations!

Yes, lots of beautifull landscapes to see!

So if I use the informations you and Christophorus gived me, and add that I planed to visit Bar (and the Montenegrin coast) and on the return to see Podgorica, my whole roadtrip should look like this : https://goo.gl/maps/YKq5n

Christophorus, tooljan liked this post

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija