daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 24th, 2015, 07:08 PM   #5941
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Likes (Received): 1556

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm considering to do around may a road trip from Belgrade to Dubrovnik (via Sarajevo).

How is the road between Belgrade and Sarajevo? Is this road safe? (according to Google Maps is should use road "26" untill Bosnian border)

And is there a map with road quality for Serbia (like the excellent Romanian map)

Thank you!
no it is not, you have ambushes, but if you drive fast enough and never stop, maybe it will be ok.
Now seriosly the best solution is this, just google map shows from Sokolac (Podromanija) not main road, it is google mistake, ignore this and take the main road Sokolac-Mokro-Sarajevo.

winnipeg liked this post

Last edited by BL2; February 24th, 2015 at 07:15 PM.
BL2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2015, 07:20 PM   #5942
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Quote:
Thank you very much for all these usefull informations!

Yes, lots of beautifull landscapes to see!

So if I use the informations you and Christophorus gived me, and add that I planed to visit Bar (and the Montenegrin coast) and on the return to see Podgorica, my whole roadtrip should look like this : https://goo.gl/maps/YKq5n
Bar and Podgorica is not must see, you don't have nothing worth seeing there.

winnipeg liked this post
Old February 24th, 2015, 11:50 PM   #5943
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL2 View Post
no it is not, you have ambushes, but if you drive fast enough and never stop, maybe it will be ok.
Now seriosly the best solution is this, just google map shows from Sokolac (Podromanija) not main road, it is google mistake, ignore this and take the main road Sokolac-Mokro-Sarajevo.

You are joking about it, but in western Europe, sadly for most of peoples the region of Balkans seems not safe! (But I don't believe that! )

Thank you for this route, I'm now reconsidering about Sarajevo as I would like to see for example Mostar and the Kravice waterfalls and Sarajevo is not so far on the road...

Quote:
Bar and Podgorica is not must see, you don't have nothing worth seeing there.
Thnak you !

I see, my main idea is to follow the Montenegrian coast who seems absolutly beautifull, but maybe I will no go so far (or maybe only to reach the Albanian border and get the stamp on my passport I don't know...)

And for Podgorica yes, I'm probably wrong about this city...
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2015, 01:19 AM   #5944
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Quote:

You are joking about it, but in western Europe, sadly for most of peoples the region of Balkans seems not safe! (But I don't believe that! )
You are not from western Europe and I dont want to say what they think about Romania, because i know better I would never go to Romanian thread and ask question based on "western" opinion and borat representation of Romania.

BTW Mostar old town is beautiful.
Old February 25th, 2015, 02:22 AM   #5945
winnipeg

Quote:
You are not from western Europe and I dont want to say what they think about Romania, because i know better I would never go to Romanian thread and ask question based on "western" opinion and borat representation of Romania.

BTW Mostar old town is beautiful.

Yes I am, I'm a french who is studying in Romania (now I lived for 4 years in Romania), so I know very well what most of us in western Europe think about Romania and even "worse", about the Balkans...

But by making the uncommon choice to come in Romania to study, most of the bad "préjugés" (prejudice) I've got about eastern Europe are gone, and in France I share all my good experiences about Romania, and I break the prejudices peoples had !

I expect to do the same with my trip in Serbia/Bosnia/Montenegro, and if it goes very well (which I do not doubt ), I will spread my good experiences in my home country, just as I'm doing for Romania!

cinxxx, tasosGR, panchevo liked this post
Old February 25th, 2015, 10:19 AM   #5946
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Quote:
Yes I am, I'm a french who is studying in Romania (now I lived for 4 years in Romania), so I know very well what most of us in western Europe think about Romania and even "worse", about the Balkans...

But by making the uncommon choice to come in Romania to study, most of the bad "préjugés" (prejudice) I've got about eastern Europe are gone, and in France I share all my good experiences about Romania, and I break the prejudices peoples had !

I expect to do the same with my trip in Serbia/Bosnia/Montenegro, and if it goes very well (which I do not doubt ), I will spread my good experiences in my home country, just as I'm doing for Romania!
Maybe you should not encourage the prejudices about Balkan, especially on this thread.
However this thread is not about complexes and ignorance, but about Serbian roads.
Old February 25th, 2015, 11:26 AM   #5947
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

winnipeg does exactly the opposite

Questions asked were pertinent, since there is no Street View, a foreigner never to have traveled in some places can't really know how the roads are.

From my experience, the roads I've driven in exYU were all in good shape, some comfortable and wide, some narrow where much attention is required. But if not traveling on motorways or on well known roads, I tried to avoid nightfall,
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2015, 11:59 AM   #5948
winnipeg

Quote:
Maybe you should not encourage the prejudices about Balkan, especially on this thread.
However this thread is not about complexes and ignorance, but about Serbian roads.
I'm absolutly not encouraging the prejudices, I'm doing the complete opposite!

Anyway, much thanks again to anyone who helped me, it was very helpfull for my trip! And I will strictly stick to the serbian roads part of my trip on this topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post

Questions asked were pertinent, since there is no Street View, a foreigner never to have traveled in some places can't really know how the roads are.

From my experience, the roads I've driven in exYU were all in good shape, some comfortable and wide, some narrow where much attention is required. But if not traveling on motorways or on well known roads, I tried to avoid nightfall,
That's it!

Yes, it's a big lack here as even in Romania i'm used to look at Street View for my trips (but it's still possible to have bad surprises with it)...

I see, thank you again for your help!

aleksandar_s liked this post
Old February 25th, 2015, 12:17 PM   #5949
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post

Notr really, with asking about safety of travelling to the area, what is actually strange, why would you go somewhere if you think that it is unsafe.

If I were to go to French or Romanian thread and ask about safety of travel to that area that wouldn't be opposite of encouraging of prejudice, but supporting them. It is really clear.
However he has done the opposit for Romania, but not for Balkan. Education is not that expensive nowadays.

Just one note to @winnipeg if you decide to go Belgrade south trough BiH, don't use Zvornik (Karakaj) border crossing, use Trbusnica/Sepak, cross to Bosnia earlier, because the road is better.

Last edited by BL2; February 25th, 2015 at 12:33 PM.
Old February 25th, 2015, 12:39 PM   #5950
winnipeg

Quote:
Notr really, about asking about safety of travelling to the area, what is actually strange, why would you go somewhere if you think that it is unsafe.

If I were to go to French or Romanian thread and ask about safety of travel to that area that wouldn't be opposite of encouraging of prejudice, but supporting them. It is really clear.
However he has done the opposit for Romania, but not for Balkan. Education is not that expensive nowadays.

Just one note to @winnipeg if you decide to go Belgrade south trough BiH, don't use Zvornik (Karakaj) border crossing, use Trbusnica/Sepak, cross to Bosnia earlier, because the road is better.
I just asked if roads are safe in Serbia, in the perspective to not stick to what most of peoples in western Europe could think about it. It was just a truly candid question as because I never went in Serbia (except Belgrade), I could pass by some informations (good or bad) about serbian roads... That why I'm asking here, because you very well know serbians roads!

Sorry if you tought it was a provocation, it clearly wasn't in my mind !

Anyway, thank you again for your help, for the routes you gave me!

aleksandar_s, panchevo, Strajder, darko06 liked this post
Old February 25th, 2015, 04:59 PM   #5951
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
How is the road between Belgrade and Sarajevo? Is this road safe? (according to Google Maps is should use road "26" untill Bosnian border)
And is there a map with road quality for Serbia (like the excellent Romanian map)
The question is about road safety, not personal security. That's exactly what should be discussed here.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2015, 06:13 PM   #5952
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

The construction of A1 section tunel Manajle-Vladicin Han should start on 1st of April.
Also i heard that A1 section Dobanovci-Ostruznica is going to be completed on june this year
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 07:46 AM   #5953
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 150

@BL2
You have it all wrong, winnipeg is just asking fair questions.
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2015, 05:54 PM   #5954
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16177

You can now enjoy some new scenic rides on Google Street View

http://goo.gl/maps/gOKmO

http://goo.gl/maps/iA5Ag

http://goo.gl/maps/8j1hK

http://goo.gl/maps/1Rj0r

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!

aleksandar_s, cinxxx, guranflorin liked this post
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2015, 10:46 PM   #5955
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16177

Belgrade bypass road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankauskas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladygark View Post
Данас богато са сликама.

Извор: http://www.beobuild.rs/read.php/731.html

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2015, 11:17 AM   #5956
DiscoVolante
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Very nice!
DiscoVolante no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2015, 11:43 AM   #5957
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

A3 is available almost all the way from Belgrade to CRO border on Google street view.
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2015, 07:48 AM   #5958
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7711

So, one thing is for sure - Chinese will build another bridge in Belgrade.
Project & financing details remain to be worked out.

Quote:
Chinese are building another bridge in Belgrade - Investment of EUR 470 m
Sunday, 03/01/2015|21:13 | Source: Blic

The bridge at the Danube at Vinca with access road and a railroad will cost some EUR 140 m and the Chinese have already entered the game for funding of this large project.

New road and railway bridge is a key one to build Belgrade on water since it will exclude freight trains from the city center and it will complete road bypass around Belgrade.

This will directly connect the highway with Banat main roads so drivers will not have to enter Belgrade or Pancevo.

- It is estimated that the construction would last for three years. Potential construction is planned through concession or PPP was planned with Chinese partners. Total investment is some EUR 470 m, EUR 129 m of which is necessary to set aside for road and railroad bridge– the Ministry of construction says for Blic.

The documentation for bridge and bypass construction has been under preparation for some time, general and preliminary projects have been done and have been in approval status as well as environmental impact assessment. The City of Belgrade and the City of Pancevo adopted the detailed regulation plans.

- Still, the project of obtaining construction permit lacks and funding sources have not been defined yet so it cannot be defined when the bridge and railroad construction will start. ,. It is obvious the works will start, which is why documentation is under preparation – Zeleznice explain.

After the bridge construction, freight trains will not travel the railroad around Kalemegdan.

aleksandar_s, Gubot, gastondt liked this post
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2015, 01:19 PM   #5959
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

Any map where the bridge will be located?
Old March 8th, 2015, 01:35 PM   #5960
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

The article says at Vinča, that's east of Beograd. South of Pančevo.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija